Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Our stay was quite good! Every night was a different vibe, chilled out and also very party. Easy to make friends and the organised events like the barbeques and pub crawls are great. The pool makes the place though! Some of the staff were nice, although they seemed like they were just there to party. And other staff were really rude to us, when wanting to ask a question at reception we were left waiting for a long time with no acknowledgement. Other than that we had a really good stay!

Hi, Thanks for your valued feedback. We're pleased that you generally had a good stay here and the feedback regarding the organised events is welcome. Regarding the staff, we've recently had some new starters and have worked to address the some of the problems you mentioned. I hope that this didn't detract too much from your stay with us. Many thanks, Duncan Manager Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Great hostel if you're keen to meet people and party. Staff are amazingly helpful and friendly, bar crawls nightly are super fun. Rooms neat, beds comfy, air con worked. Would stay here again, excellent hostel.

The pool and the great staff make this place!

The hostel has a really nice vibe, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the pool is great, really nice chill out area. The bathrooms could have been better and a bit cleaner, but that's about it. The rest was great!

This hostel held my passport when I stayed there. It is terrible when someone holds your personal stuff. In my opinion, it was very old fashion. Also, they do not provide towel at all(free or rent). Staff was quite rude. In dorm type, there was only two electricity outlet so you have to fight for your battery However, It is cheap. If the rate was your main idea, it was your target. Location was good, very centre combine with many local restuarants.

We allow all our guests staying at the hostel to run up a tab against their bed/room for food, drink, tours, laundry etc. On that basis we hold passports as a guarantee. Guests are also given the option of leaving a $50 deposit. The vast majority of our guests enjoy the tab system. We also allow guests to pay as they go if they wish. We have now started renting towels as a number of our guests fed this back to us. Many thanks for your feedback. Duncan Manager Downtown

Staff we're great. Lisa is a babe. The pool was lovely but no lockers or the ones that were there were full

Hi, Thanks for your valued feedback. Regarding the lockers, this was a problem that we have now addressed, with new lockers in most of the dorms and enough at reception to cover the remainder. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments regarding the staff. Duncan Manager Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

This place is awesome! Super great staff and resturant and bar and music and pool and chairs around the pool. Spent New Years here and loved it! Only wee thing is there's no wifi in the rooms but it got everyone to socialize out by the pool so who cares. And the wifi is fast. We will be back!!

I was very impressed with the accomodation as well as the staff at this hostel. It's a beautiful property, and I really felt welcome and befriended.

Not a bad hostel, did expect more of a party vibe then it was though. We stayed here over Christmas and thought they'd be more festivity however they'd organised a pretty basic BBQ during the night and nothing really during the day which was a shame. Food and drinks aren't bad. I got bed bugs though.

A decent hostel with a great atmosphere and being a party hostel it's easy to meet people. Security was lacking since there were no individual keys to the rooms so the door was always unlocked and there were no lockers in the room, possible to get one in by the front desk though. The hostel does not rent out towels so remember that, and they did also have trouble with having no water at all, which happened twice during my stay. Staff was friendly and helpful though. Overall a good stay.

I booked this hostel for a couple of days from a friends recomandation and after only an hour staying here decided to extend for a week including the christmas holidays. The reason being the place is everything I had heard about and more, the atmosphere was excellent, the great mix of happy western and Khmer staff were so helpfull and full of tips and local advice, the rooms where clean, simple but great value for money, If ever I come back to Siem reap I know where I am staying !

• 20th Dec 2014

Thanks for your positive feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and are glad you had a great stay with us. Thanks again. Duncan Manager

Good hostel, restaurant is a bit expensive. Location is very good! The cambodian staff was very very slow, they were able to ignore you for 10 minutes while you were standing in front of them. Cockroach in one of the badrooms, beds where a bit dirty when we checked in but they changed sheets immediately.

My favourite hostel of my entire trip so far (2 and a half months in SEA) meet heaps of amazing people, relaxed in the great pool, the beds were comfy and away from the noise of the bar. Staff were lovely especially when I was really sick with heat stroke. Only downside is that the WiFi isn't great in the dorms but was having too much of a good time to even care.

Thanks for your review. We glad you enjoyed your stay and we were pleased to see you recover after you felt so poorly. Regarding the WiFi, we have since undergone a review and upgrade of the WiFi in the rooms and around the common areas to ensure an improved service. Many thanks again. Duncan Manager Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Was a nice and fun hostel! The owner is really nice and very helpful. Great customer service. And great vibes. Pool side fun was great and met alot of cool people. Good hostel!

Nice hostel with great atmosphere and a nice pool. Only takes 10mins to walk into the centre of siem reap. Food here is good but the breakfast especially is very expensive and it annoyed me that they were so strict about bringing your own in but apart from that it was a good experience. Great place to meet people!

The hostel was ok. I liked the idea of the cabana and pool. It seemed like it had a fun party atmosphere. I didn't care for the fact they keep your passport during your stay. The wifi was a bit slow in the room and the room had a fan and A/C, but you apparently have to pay for the A/C separately. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way that they had the A/C, but you have to pay for it. Bed was ok. Location was ok as well. It was close to the night market and pub street which is nice.

Best atmosphere I had stayed in. Good staff and guests. Rooms were decent, but dark halls and some issues getting ac and hot water to work on demand. No real complaints, but not the best facilities we stayed in. This was somewhat made up for by the great staff, the food and the atmosphere.

Made a reservation for 5 people in a 6 bed dorm. By arrival the told us other people had extented, so the split is up over two dorms. Slept in a 8 bed mixed dorm, my bunkbed was broken. I asked the staff if i could swap beds. In the afternoon the owner told me that he had changed my bed because the are a good hostel. In the room i noticed that the hadn't changed the bed, nut just moved the broken side to the ceeling. Very noisy room in the night, almost no space in the room for tour luggage

As mentioned on hostelworld, we can't guarantee block bookings are put in one dorm, but we will move the booking to a larger dorm if required to keep the group together, only if the group agree, which you must have done, otherwise we would not have moved the booking. I also told you in good faith that the bed had been changed, as this is what I was informed by my staff. If there was still a problem, why on earth didn't you mention it to me, so I could put it right.

really great place, friendly and helpful staff plus a cool environment

• 13th Nov 2014

Didn't pick us up as prior arranged, called said they where on their way, still never showed up. Rude and in helpful staff, discussing bathrooms that constantly stank from poor ventilation, unorganised, tried to charge us for things we didn't purhase, ripped off with the meals, paid for extra chicken as a substitute for something I don't eat, got a potato instead. Uncomfortable bed, Worst hostel I have stayed at

Can't understand why you bothered staying here if it was so terrible.