Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The hostel was ok. I liked the idea of the cabana and pool. It seemed like it had a fun party atmosphere. I didn't care for the fact they keep your passport during your stay. The wifi was a bit slow in the room and the room had a fan and A/C, but you apparently have to pay for the A/C separately. That kind of rubbed me the wrong way that they had the A/C, but you have to pay for it. Bed was ok. Location was ok as well. It was close to the night market and pub street which is nice.

Best atmosphere I had stayed in. Good staff and guests. Rooms were decent, but dark halls and some issues getting ac and hot water to work on demand. No real complaints, but not the best facilities we stayed in. This was somewhat made up for by the great staff, the food and the atmosphere.

Made a reservation for 5 people in a 6 bed dorm. By arrival the told us other people had extented, so the split is up over two dorms. Slept in a 8 bed mixed dorm, my bunkbed was broken. I asked the staff if i could swap beds. In the afternoon the owner told me that he had changed my bed because the are a good hostel. In the room i noticed that the hadn't changed the bed, nut just moved the broken side to the ceeling. Very noisy room in the night, almost no space in the room for tour luggage

As mentioned on hostelworld, we can't guarantee block bookings are put in one dorm, but we will move the booking to a larger dorm if required to keep the group together, only if the group agree, which you must have done, otherwise we would not have moved the booking. I also told you in good faith that the bed had been changed, as this is what I was informed by my staff. If there was still a problem, why on earth didn't you mention it to me, so I could put it right.

really great place, friendly and helpful staff plus a cool environment

• 13th Nov 2014

Didn't pick us up as prior arranged, called said they where on their way, still never showed up. Rude and in helpful staff, discussing bathrooms that constantly stank from poor ventilation, unorganised, tried to charge us for things we didn't purhase, ripped off with the meals, paid for extra chicken as a substitute for something I don't eat, got a potato instead. Uncomfortable bed, Worst hostel I have stayed at

Can't understand why you bothered staying here if it was so terrible.

Best Hostel in South East Asia I've been so far. It's definitely a party hostel but also a fantastic starting point for a temple tour to Angkor. Great stuff and strong drinks at the pool bar :-) Yes, they have a pool!!!

upon arrival we didn't feel very welcomed by the staff. The pool and bar were nice but food and drink were overpriced. There are only 20 or so lockers for all of the dorms - most of which are occupied by the staff or reception. They played movies on a big screen outdoors for the more chill nights which was cool. Not a bad hostel just needs a few basics fixed.

i enjoyed my stay in this hostel. but you have to be aware of this is beeing more like a party hostel. music stops at 11 pm when the people move to pub street (every night). room was with ac. maybe just to say ... the prices are different and can change every day. I got the ones which are more expensive. Tab system seems to be ok. had one drink on my bill which i didn't ordered but there was no further problem - was removed

Great place, great staff and just general great atmosphere. Things organized every night but no pressure to join if you have other plans. Swimming pool is great especially after a long day riding around Angkor wat.

• 24th Oct 2014

The Downtown Siem Reap Hostel is a hostel definitely targeted towards a younger crowd. The staff were friendly and informative and the place was clean and comfortable. However, the food was surprisingly expensive (for very small portions) and the whole place felt like a fraternity or sorority, with people being obnoxious and surprisingly disrespectful to Cambodia. Perhaps, I chose a poor week and maybe others will have a better experience. Still, friendly and informative staff were appreciated!

Been in S.E Asia for three months. This place has, without doubt, the best atmosphere I've experienced. Staff are young and always up for a laugh; there's a really nice swimming pool; dorms are basic but all you need; food is excellent and location is just 5 minutes from Pub Street.

I had a great time here. It was a really friendly and welcoming environment. Obviously there is a fair bit to do in the area, and the hostel was great. Having a pool was amazing, and all the people I met there were really easy to get on with. Also, the owners daughter is unbelievably adorable. The hostel exceeded my expectations, and I would go back there if I were to be in the area again.

Some good staff and some that needed to chill out a bit on the rules. Seemed like some people were always getting told off for little things. The in house menu was really good but there was a big push for you to eat only their food. Love the pool and Craig was such a great help with my onward bookings. He really went above and beyond. All up I'll be back for sure.

1 2 3 Next » last »