Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

I really enjoyed my stay here! The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable - however the bathroom needs a tune up. Very little water pressure and no hot water (I was on the top floor). The pool was definitely the best part! It created a good social scene and was great for after the temples. Be aware the pool/bar can be loud at night. My first night the music was loud until at least 1am. It wasn't every night but still a bit annoying. Otherwise the foreign staff were really cool!

Awsome people, place, beer and swimming pool!

We had a great time at this hostel, brilliant location just minutes walk from the night market and pub street. The rooms were really clean with huge high ceilings and the shower was nice and powerful too. What really made the place though was the atmosphere, it had a great pool area with a bar where you will meet loads of other travellers and spend the evening chatting and laughing over numerous beers. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the food served at the hostel was also great!

This is my top 2 hostel I've stayed in! Best week and kraig, feyne and Steph will look after you! Cheers to these guys! Chilled out vibe by day and great party scene at night and the new pool makes for an easy way to meet people..

• 19th Nov 2013

Bed squeaked like nothing else one plug socket in a room of eight also no such thing as a warm shower

We don't actually have any eight bed dorms, only 4 and 6. Most of our dorms have solid wooden beds with lockers under each bed. Each locker has 2 power points for charging phones etc. They have en-suite bathrooms too with hot water. Our basic dorms however, only have cold water and not an en-suite bathroom. I've checked your reservation, and you have actually been given what you booked- ie a dorm without en-suite bathroom and cold water only. My advice to you in the future would be to let the hostel know you've booked the wrong thing, and ask if they can change your booking, at least then they have a chance to give you what you want, as opposed to what you have booked.

Located near the night market and much of the tourist attraction in Siem Reap, this hostel is a perfect choice for backpackers/flashpackers and budget travellers. Great value for money, clean, safe, and somewhat modern facilities, bar and pool area has a good vibe most of the time, with sweet music playing. Grass and hammocks offer a great place to chill out. Wifi is decent, but don't expect super high speeds. They serve food at the hotel which is priced fairly. Owner is a nice guy as well.

Best hostel so far!! oNice staff, very clean and with the pool its like an oasis in the middle of the city. As feedback to the hostel: my locker key opened all the lockers in my dorm.

Had a lovely stay here. One tip: You should not take a room with a fan but with airco. Makes a World of difference.

• 10th Nov 2013

Great food (Thai and Western), awesome atmosphere and the staff really looked after us whether it was with tours, or respecting us. Rooms were average and cleaned every day but our highlight was a comfortable bed. Thank you to their tuk tuk drivers also, always willing to help!

• 9th Nov 2013

Awesome place for solo travellers, the pool and bar make for good times. The only downside for me is that they were full up when i wanted to for stay longer. Expand your hostel!

The dorm room I was staying in overlooked the pool and bar. The music was blazing until the early hours of the morning. The facilities were average at best, not overly clean but I've seen worse. No hot water. Obviously more attention and money was spent on the outside area which is pretty nice. Pool is big, but water wasn't particularly clean. If you're on tour with the lads this is the place for you!

You booked a basic dorm- as mentioned on the booking site, this is with a cold water shower. If you'd paid more and booked a standard, then you would have had hot water and an en-suite bathroom. The music is loud, we're a lively hostel, but by law we have to turn it down at 11pm- so after this time the music should be low. Sorry if we've inconvenienced you.

Staff hardly speak/understand english but for the rest the place is ok and you can chill out at the swimming pool once you are back from angkor..

All of our front end staff speak excellent English- but of course housekeepers and kitchen staff have very limited English skills. Thanks for leaving the review, and sorry if you've been inconvenienced.

the staff here hardly spoke english, as soon as i arrived there was trouble with checking me in as the girl on the desk could not find my reservation. it took half an hour before i actually got a key. this was the same for many people in the hostel on arrival. the facilities (pool table) was extremely poor!! the housekeepers work really hard and clean all the time, but the bathrooms and ensuits could be cleaner to be honest! overall nice stay but wouldnt go back. the pool was a bonus.

Don't be put off by the worlds worst pool table that sits out the front of this place, its gets a lot better inside. Dorm rooms are clean, comfortable and cool. The best part is the pool area, with pool bar and hammocks. Really chilled atmosphere and great for meeting people. The food is also really good and similarly priced to the prices in town. The main downtown area is a five minute walk away, too.

I came here to stay for a couple of nights and ended up here for 2 weeks (and counting). Great staff, secure, relaxed and fantastic bar atmosphere with relieving pool. Would recommend highly.

• 31st Oct 2013

It was a nice place to stay, good location and it was nice to have the pool. However, during our stay there, they kept playing really cheesy music really loudly in the beer garden, by the pool - it was brain-numbing and kind of spoiled things a bit. It was nice when they showed movies at night, though, mainly because that meant no music blasting through the speakers!

After booking at the last minute we arrived to find no room. Mark the owner was very accommodating and put us up in his nearby 'manor'. We enjoyed the place so much we extended our stay.

The common area setup for this hostel - bar, pool, outside eating area, grass area - really made this hostel great. It was easy to meet people and chill out during the day as well as get into the predrinking before heading out for the night. The room I stayed in (4 bed dorm) was great, although there was a few broken things such as the light, and sink in the bathroom. All in all a great hostel and great experience in Siem Reap.

The fact the hostel was quite close to the centre of town, had a/c and pool were definite pro's. Only con was my thongs being stolen due to having to leave them at reception.

Very nice and family like atmosphere.

• 20th Oct 2013