Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Bad ass hostel. They have a pool, bar, food, music, and great hangout area. Great location. Plenty of travelers. Only thing that sucks is you have to give them your passport as a security deposit.

Thanks for your review Jason- very positive. I'd just like to add though, that delivery of passport is only done for those who run a tab, and your tab was pretty bad- this is our security, The other option is to pay a 50$ deposit on the room, and pay the tab off each evening at reception- then we don't need the passport. Sorry if you were not given this second option. Hopefully we'll see you again in the future.Mark

The boss is the most unfriendly and rude person ever seen. Don't work in hosting tourists if you don't like people. It is your job to be friendly respectfull and helpfull to your custommer. It is called hospitality, go back to the hostelling school. Oh wait, no did not attempt it.

Good vibe at the hostel, staff was friendly. Nice pool and good shower facilities.

Absolutely loved this hostel! We arrived very early in the morning after a horrible night bus and they have secure bag storage for us and a large area to relax and chill for a few hours before check-in. The rooms were comfortable with individual plug sockets and lights. The staff were friendly and useful when I lost the key to the lock on my bag. And the free walking tour they offer when you arrive is very helpful to get to know the surroundings.

The hostel was decent for meeting other backpackers. The hostel wifi was very bad and often cut out. The pool area was nice, but you could not see the bottom of the pool and needs cleaning. Overall, I would suggest for the cost, the value is good.

The staff here were excellent, good fun and happy to have a been and give you the tips for Siem Reap. They handled the power cut situations well as they had no control of a lot of things. Dorm rooms are good, clean and the air conditioning (which is needed) was perfect. Having the Pool there too was a bonus

The hostel is really near of the city center but you have to do two very dark blocks to get there. The pool can be more clean and the water more transparent...

Great atmosphere, you'll always find somebody partying and drinking around the pool and international staff. Not very clean or secure. The water in the swimming pool was pretty brown... And the room not very clean, squeaky beds

One of the staff booked our tuk tuk for Angkor wat, booked us a bus to battambang, and organized for the greatest tuk tuk driver to meet us in battambang to show us around which turned out to be a highlight of our trip. Thank you for everything!

Booked via hostelworld, but was overbooked (because of Khmer new year). 1st night I had to sleep on a matress on the ground, but when i came back early morning after long night of party, someone else was sleeping on my matress so i had to sleep elsewhere (where i had to pay $15) 2nd night i slept in a very basic dorm, where i could not charge my phone or camera. Bathrooms are very basic, not clean and water was not working. Atmosphere was good, staff was also nice. I also liked the food.

1 2 3 Next » last »