Downtown Siem Reap Hostel Reviews

#0369 Wat Damnak Village, Siem Reap, Cambodia

They have a swimming pool in a very hot city, that's priceless. The foreign staff isn't as welcoming or helpful as the local one, but overall good. Excellent location and acceptable rooms.

Pros: having a clean pool to jump into after a hot day, great vibe to meet new people, staff r nice and helpful, food is good and reasonably priced, close to old market and pub street, can arrange tours and buses for u Cons: squekiest beds i ve ever had, wifi not so great, only some of the showers have hot water Overall: worth the money, especially for the fellow travelers u get to meet

Cracking little hostel! Excellent cleanliness wise and a great pool area with a lively bar but also kills the music at 11pm so you can get some sleep. Good wifi everywhere and the beds were very comfy. Best thing about it where the staff who went above and beyond what you'd expect in terms of making us feel welcome and giving us sound advice on local trips and nightlife. Will be staying again if I'm ever back in Siem Reap.

Dorms are not the best anymore but nice pool area. Spend another night at one stop hostel which I prefer

The hostel represents itself as a very cheap and great place to stay. Anyway, our bunkbed was broken, the light in two bathrooms didn't work for the first two nights, no mirrors in the whole dorm, the sink was broken, so all the water coming out of the tap flew on the floor (it was fixed with tape before). The stuff wasn't nice as well. But not to forget, the bar and the pool was very nice.

Such a great place, great staff, they help You with tours and everything, the common area is awesome, the internet works everywhere.

Such a great hostel! Best place to stay in town. Planned to stay one night and ended up staying 3. Would have to be the highlight of my trip! Great vibes

Amazing staff, vibe and food. The pool was great for lounging and curing hangovers. The pizza here is phenomenal. The staff also treated his guest great with good beer promotions and weekly bbq's. I highly recommend downtown siem reap hostel.

Loved this hostel, great atmosphere, nice and clean! the beach bar is awesome and the hostel is perfect distance from pub street. I'd definitely stay here again, the only downside is that food is well over priced we're backpacking we need cheap grub

I absolutely loved downtown! The rooms were clean and beds comfy and the pool and bar area is really social which is great if you're travelling on your own like me. They serve incredible pizzas and there were free beers every evening. Definitely more of a party hostel but still got a good nights sleep. I felt generally quite unsafe when I arrived in Seam Reap and didn't like it much, but this hostel made my time there so much better and I felt really safe staying there. Would recommend!!

This was my second time staying at Downtown Hostel. I loved it so much the first time, that I had to come back. It's such a great party hostel. I missed my bus in the morning, and the staff had me sorted out in no time. If you stay here, you're definitely in good hands. I recommend eating at the restaurant by the pool. Both western and local food is very delicious.

Genuine party hostel. Don't expect much with regards to rooms / bathrooms / facilities / cleanliness but the bar and pool are amazing. Go there if you want to party and crash out.

My favorite hostel in Siem Reap for socializing, eating, drinking, and relaxing at the hostel. The staff was excellent (particularly Mark and Ben), and the 14 bed dorm was well worth the money (especially since it has AC). Food is delicious (especially the frequent BBQs) however I wish the portion sizes were larger (I'm American). I liked the tab-system for paying for everything, and I ended up spending much less money than I thought. Great place to have fun and meet people.

Thanks Ben for your great review, we hope to see you again soon. Ben.

Good pool Aircon didn't really work but he sent someone to fix it, but it broke again. Lots of crickets Good brownies

Staff were lovely and liked to get to know everybody staying in the hostel. Loved the atmosphere and location was great, right in the middle of everything. Hostel will organise whatever trips you like and are super helpful.

• 4th Dec 2015

Great hostel, great vibes good times.. Will definitely be back!

• 3rd Dec 2015

I've been traveling around the world on and off for the past many years and have stayed in all sorts of places. I can say that this was my favourite accommodation I've ever stayed in! So much so I didn't want to leave. The staff is great! The bar is a blast and always somethin to do. Next time I'm back in Siem Reap I will be staying at Downtown. I'll miss everyone. Mark, Ben, Brook and Doyle are a great team!! Everyone else is great too, but I'm not great with names.

No wifi or aircon in the room was a bit of a let down. Bar area is excellent.

• 23rd Nov 2015

Great hostel - the staff were all great, super friendly, welcoming and helpful. Lovely chilled bar by the pool where it is all too easy to chill out all day. 50 cent beers! Loved the organised activities eg. BBQ and pub quiz, to get you chatting to other guests. They have a 'tab' system where you just pay for everything at the end which makes things really easy and relaxed. Yayyy stay here!

Good location, love the bartenders! Pool was an added bonus as well, and the 50 cent beers are the cheapest you'll find.