Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Rm 707, Sincere House., 83 Argyle Street. Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's Hong Kong so it is cramped and has a gritty feel. This is contrasted by my stay at Japanese hostels though. No place in the room to lock up one's bags and the wifi was spotty. Staff were very helpful and willing to tell you where to go and buy things and where to eat.

The hostel was alright, but the lack of a nice common area made it quite unsocial. Also the bed was a little bit too small for me. It was in the middle of Mong Kok though, very close to the MTR, so that was excellent. Staff was really friendly as well. It's small, but expected from Hong Kong.

Stayed for only one night. The people who run the desk are pretty rude, even for HK standards. The rooms are really small/crammed. Overall place is pretty dingy. You get free soap and shampoo in the showers and free water to drink- only positives.

There's a security guard at the door so I always felt safe even at night. The combination bathroom/shower is very small. Actually the whole place is very small but that's expected of HK. Soap and shampoo are free which is nice.

good location in the centre Kowloon, friendly staff, wifi good only for some area.

Price was great for the location and it was fairly clean. Rooms are small and shower is on top of the toilet but that's just Hong kong. Two major issues were that the wifi doesn't work in the room properly and there was only one power socket in the room which was right over some other guys bed.

• 16th Apr 2015

Everything was excellent

Very quiet not a party hostel at all, but brilliant location and value for money. Couldn't fault it. I'll be staying again next time in HK !

• 10th Apr 2015

thank you for the hospitality. it was perfect for us. Dragon Hostel is very central to Kowloon, HK, the airport. the place is affordable and safe. the sleeping accommodations were excellent: firm bed, firm pillow. we appreciate that everything - shopping, cafe, restaurants were nearby or within a few short blocks walking distance. i can go on and on... of course, this is just my experience. i would recommend this hostel to my friends and family who are on a budget like myself. many thanks!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very small rooms like anywhere in HK but clean rooms, secure, and helpful staff.

The location was really good - close to ladies market, jade market, and one stop away from Temple Street. I stayed in a mixed dorm and the bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen. It was a shower/toilet combination the size of a tiny supply closet; the magnetic sliding door also wouldn't close properly. "Luggage storage" meant chaining your belongings to the wall in the lobby. No one took my stuff so it was all good. The staff were really pleasant; I liked the older guy during the night shift.

Comfortable and location is convenience for shopping.. just opposite ladies market

• 15th Mar 2015
  • China

very good, nice and clean. I like it

Pretty crowded only one of the staff speaks English. Great location thoug. A very cheap dodormitory, totally worth it.

I had a private room here which, whilst small (well, what do you expect, this is HK!) was perfectly clean. The location is great, just a minute or two walk to the nearest MTR (Mong Kok) and the staff I encountered were all perfectly friendly and helpful. Will certainly stay here again next time I'm in HK.

good location and cheap hostel... closed from ladies market :D but small toilet..

Very decent stay.

very small and old room but for just a few days it was ok, the staff were really nice

I spent a week in Dragon Hostel in Feb 2015. I thought it was a fine hostel and would probably return. The first receptionist I encountered didn't speak any English who meant he had to call someone every time. Also, the won't give you a key to the hallway door - very annoying. And bring your own lock! The lockers are in a different section and they won't give you a key to those either. Also I slept below an incredibly busy street - don't do that. Otherwise, decent place.

I spent 10 days there. It was really nice. It was my 2nd time to stay there. Steven and other staff were really helpful, never rude and all of them can speak English fluently. It would be great if they have common area where guests can socialize more. Also, entire hostel is very clean (they clean every morning!) Toilets are really clean. Highly recommendable. p.s. I was in a private room, so I didn't have any problem with security. Anyway, I didn't notice lockers anywhere.

« first « Prev 1 2 3