Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

7.9
Very Good 1944 Total Reviews

3rd Jun 2017
8.0

Fantastic location, small bed in a tiny room. The email instructions were not at all clear; just go out exit D2 at Mongkok Station, find 83 Argyle Street, and take an elevator to the seventh floor. Strangely, the room I stayed in was not at all suitable for charging my phone—there was one working outlet on the opposite side of the room, a truly bizarre and inconvenient situation for a four-bed room. Staff was polite and helpful enough. No group atmosphere; strictly for spending the night.

18th May 2017
7.4

You get what you pay for at Dragon Hostel. It's not glamorous but it's in a great location and really close to transportation. Wifi was great but everything is small. We are tall people but still. It was worth the stay because it's one of the cheaper hostels in Hong Kong.

• England, Female, 31-40
10th May 2017

Good place to stay as near trains and buses, shopping and eating. Excellent staff and good value for money. There's a darts bar on the 5/F open til late so good for hanging out when raining.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
4th May 2017

Fantastic! That's really all that I can say about this hostel. I have absolutely no negatives from my stay here and it will be first on my list when we return to Hong Kong. Great work guys!!!!

• Lithuania, Female, 18-24
30th Apr 2017
6.3

I turned up at a very wrong time (during national holiday) so i payed $80 for 1 night in a dorm 😭. However, the reception guy was helpful with all the information about hong kong, but the girl who works there was clueless (i asked where the Chinese embassy was and she showed me directions to a print shop) and most of the time didn't know anything about local transport e.c.t but the guy who works evenings is great with information

29th Apr 2017
6.0

Although this place has great reviews, I was suprised by how outdated and grimy it was. It's in an old building and the rooms are very small (I know it's normal for HK) and not nice. We stayed in a private double and the bed was rock hard, pillows were flat and awful. I didn't sleep well. Bathrooms are shared and are also showers so every time you pee you have to wipe the seat bc it's wet from someone's shower. However the man working the desk was SO nice and friendly and helpful he made my day.

Thanks for staying with us. Your booking is for a private room with shared bathroom type, we have routine cleaning for the shared bathroom. we do our best to make it well maintained. Yet, most of hostel in hongkong has this type of bathroom / shower together. Next time can try to book the Private Ensuite (private bathroom) type. For the pillows and mattress, we did test many types of pillows/mattress in these years, travelers around the world have different requirement, some like soft and others prefer harder, can check with our staff for exchange other pillows, can't guarantee it can fit you 100%, but a more comfortable one :-P

15th Apr 2017

Great place to stay for couple nights. The beds are ok and clean. The location is really close from Mongkok subway station so its really convenient and you have some stores near. The staff was really supportive and nice. A negative point is that they dont provide Towels, you have to buy it there for 20 HKD.In general is great value for money. *EXTRA They should remind people to respect and keep quiet while other sleep inside the same shared room (This is not fault of the hostel). Thanks!

7th Apr 2017

I often come to HK for the weekend and of the hostels I've stayed at, Dragon Hostel is my first choice. The rooms are spacious for HK standards and normally a 4-bed room has one bunk and a couple singles, so you'll likely not have to sleep top bunk, The rooms also tend to have a private bathroom as well so it's really good value. The location is great in Mong Kok area, especially for China. The staff are helpful and 24hr reception is convenient.

23rd Mar 2017

Great Hostel! Location was easy to get to the rest of the city. Security was good-need to have a tall skinny lock for the locker which luckily I had. Excellent fire preparedness, smoke alarms and fire alert system installed and powered which made me feel extra safe. The rooms are small, per Hong Kong style, but were clean, well equipped, and even had air conditioning. I liked it so much I've already stayed there twice!

• USA, Female, 18-24
23rd Mar 2017

Stayed with my husband & 2yr old. VERY helpful staff. VERY pleased with how spacious the room is. LOCATION, LOCATION!