Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Rm 707, Sincere House., 83 Argyle Street. Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's OK for this price in Dragon Hostel Hong Kong. Good location for shopping.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

The evening receptionist was the nicest Chinese person I have met. When I had trouble with the wifi he rebooted it for me and he even borrowed me a towel. The common room was a bit dissapointing it is a the reception so the atmosphere wasn't that relaxed.Still i met a lot of wonderful people and hang out with them in mong kok the surrounding.One downside the non english speking girl was very rude. Whatever you said even the smalles thing she would yell out no english.But overall I liked it a lot

As far as value for money in Hong Kong goes, this place is all right. Super basic, almost feels more like a really cheap apartment complex than a hostel. The English-speaking staff is friendly (I'm sure the Cantonese-speaking staff is too), the a/c works, and the location is within short walking distance public transportation and many restaurants and shops. Slightly farther walk to other interesting things. It's actually rather impressive how many beds they can fit into such a small room.

the dragon is as central as u can get! the bus-stop for airport bus A21 (at only HK$33) is less than 100 meters away! the hostel is situated at mongkuk MTR subway station, which is by far the most convenient station to explore downtown HK for cheap eats. u have to try tai heng restaurant (a 10 minute walk away) for arguably the best roast pork in the world! in the HK$150 price range, no hostel can beat it for value! owner stanley is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable and speaks Eng well.

Always come to this hostel because the owners are so friendly and helpful!

• 13th Jul 2014

The washroom door cannot be closed tight where it has gaps and outside can be seen through! At Room 611, Door 67. Please fix it.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Its fixed already. can tell us when staying, also we other shared bathrooms can be used.

Stay was just what I needed, nothing more nothing less. perfect for a good nights rest with wifi and a clean restroom.

• 9th Jul 2014

The location was superb. Mong Kok train station was metres away. There was a bus stop where the bus from the airport stopped, metres away and a taxi rank was right outside the front door. Excellent. The staff were friendly and gave us accurate information. We were pleasantly surprised by the level of cleanliness of our room.

• 7th Jul 2014

I will definitely stay here again in my next visit to HK... :)

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Philippines

This hostel was NOT what I expected -- the building was very rundown, the room was small and not very clean (I found little black hairs all over my pillow and bedsheet), and there was no community space where you could meet fellow travelers. Contrary to what the description says, the staff could not speak English and were definitely not friendly. Overall, the atmosphere was really depressing. I would not let any of my friends stay here.

• 30th Jun 2014

that was a mixed dorm. we surely changed all bedsheets and pillow cover when previous guests checked out. However, we cleaned all things in the morning, there is possibly that other guests in the room had just seat on the cleaned bed during the day. if you found that was hairs issue on the bed, you could tell our staff and we can clean it right away. we do room cleaning everyday , and for mixed dorm we done more than one time a day sometimes due to people in and out in different time period.

Dragon Hostel is a run down building which is very dirty. When I got into my room there were cockroaches who the man had to kill. They put me I. A rom directly after someone had left so the shower was still wet and there was hair on the floor. One of the poorest hostels I have been in. Wouldn't go back!

thanks for your comment, we are located in Mongkok which is a very typical and traditional area in Hongkong, also is mixed with locals and tourism. You will not find many new buildings in the area because of the government development plan, but its convenience for all fun and sightseeing. for the cleanliness concern, we had fired that responsible cleaning lady as she had 3 complaints within 2weeks. she is new staff for only one month here. we apologize for the inconvenience caused to u

WIFI connection coverage is weak. Low signal

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

good location, friendly staff, but Wifi signal only good in the common area.

I used hostel only to sleep and take shower, location is quiet convenient, even toilets and where the shower is very small, it was clean. Do not expect too much thing as a backpacker but i believe it will be good choice to stay here.

It is cheap but you deserve what you get.

the best thing going for dragon hostel is its location, plus the staffs stanley and stephen who are very good in english and very thorough in explaining and helping in your queries. also for their rates i think is good value. rooms are a little cramped, but i understand its a hostel.

• 14th May 2014
  • Philippines

Run down building.no wifi in room.located right in Mogkok.

• 13th May 2014

Really good location for a hostel in the middle of Mongkok. Staff were helpful, especially the young man who was really happy to help and recommended great places to eat. No real common area to meet people but can still meet people in dorms :)

First we are very happy of how considerate they are when it comes to time because we have a delayed flight, I called them as soon as we arrived and they said we can still come over even it's already 1:00am instead of 10:00pm. I was also surprised because the room is really clean. I know I can live in that room. And they have cool water and hot water in the common room as well as hair dryer and plastic bags. Their WIFI connection is actually good too. Staffs can speak English and are friendly

• 9th May 2014
  • Philippines

Had a really hard time finding the place, maybe because I was tired, but also because there is no sign in English by the door. Just a tiny one that says Sincere house, you see it when you stand right by it. Not all the staff can speak English, but they fix it by calling a guy who speaks well. Small rooms, like everywhere in HK. Not really any common area, just some chairs by the reception. All in all, okey place though!