Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Rm 707, Sincere House., 83 Argyle Street. Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Overall it's a good place to crash for 1-2 nights. We only stayed in a double room, so I can't say much about the atmosphere or dorm. I liked it and I go back every time.

Recommend this hostel, good location, clean and value for money!

[booked a priv, room w/ single bed]. (+): 7-min. walk to MTR, ladies/night/goldfish market & retail outlets nearby, premises generally quiet altho' outside is a riot of street noise, T/B size ok for HK (1.5 sq. mtr.), dorm/room wing completely separate from heavy traffic common/reception alcove, citybus/minibus easy to catch, kind staff. (-): bed only 180cm x 100cm, street-level entry hard to spot, no ample space to stow luggage, interior walls not sound-insulated, lacks engaging hostel "vibe".

Even a small (pull-out) table one could write on would be nice

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Philippines

The place is good however there were a few crocoches in my room.

• 8th Jun 2015
  • Singapore

It's Hong Kong so it is cramped and has a gritty feel. This is contrasted by my stay at Japanese hostels though. No place in the room to lock up one's bags and the wifi was spotty. Staff were very helpful and willing to tell you where to go and buy things and where to eat.

we have lockers in the common room for guests use.

The hostel was alright, but the lack of a nice common area made it quite unsocial. Also the bed was a little bit too small for me. It was in the middle of Mong Kok though, very close to the MTR, so that was excellent. Staff was really friendly as well. It's small, but expected from Hong Kong.

Stayed for only one night. The people who run the desk are pretty rude, even for HK standards. The rooms are really small/crammed. Overall place is pretty dingy. You get free soap and shampoo in the showers and free water to drink- only positives.

There's a security guard at the door so I always felt safe even at night. The combination bathroom/shower is very small. Actually the whole place is very small but that's expected of HK. Soap and shampoo are free which is nice.

good location in the centre Kowloon, friendly staff, wifi good only for some area.

Price was great for the location and it was fairly clean. Rooms are small and shower is on top of the toilet but that's just Hong kong. Two major issues were that the wifi doesn't work in the room properly and there was only one power socket in the room which was right over some other guys bed.

• 16th Apr 2015

Everything was excellent

Very quiet not a party hostel at all, but brilliant location and value for money. Couldn't fault it. I'll be staying again next time in HK !

• 10th Apr 2015

thank you for the hospitality. it was perfect for us. Dragon Hostel is very central to Kowloon, HK, the airport. the place is affordable and safe. the sleeping accommodations were excellent: firm bed, firm pillow. we appreciate that everything - shopping, cafe, restaurants were nearby or within a few short blocks walking distance. i can go on and on... of course, this is just my experience. i would recommend this hostel to my friends and family who are on a budget like myself. many thanks!

• 3rd Apr 2015

Very small rooms like anywhere in HK but clean rooms, secure, and helpful staff.

The location was really good - close to ladies market, jade market, and one stop away from Temple Street. I stayed in a mixed dorm and the bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen. It was a shower/toilet combination the size of a tiny supply closet; the magnetic sliding door also wouldn't close properly. "Luggage storage" meant chaining your belongings to the wall in the lobby. No one took my stuff so it was all good. The staff were really pleasant; I liked the older guy during the night shift.

Comfortable and location is convenience for shopping.. just opposite ladies market

• 15th Mar 2015
  • China

very good, nice and clean. I like it

Pretty crowded only one of the staff speaks English. Great location thoug. A very cheap dodormitory, totally worth it.

I had a private room here which, whilst small (well, what do you expect, this is HK!) was perfectly clean. The location is great, just a minute or two walk to the nearest MTR (Mong Kok) and the staff I encountered were all perfectly friendly and helpful. Will certainly stay here again next time I'm in HK.