Dragon Hostel Hong Kong Reviews

Rm 707, Sincere House., 83 Argyle Street. Mong Kok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

All was ok thanks.

Very well priced. Rooms very small, but what do you expect for HK!? Not much going on in terms of atmosphere, but there's always so much going on in HK anyway that this really doesn't matter. Good location near Mong Kok Metro Station - easy to get to HK Island (where you'd pay FAR more for a room in a similar hostel) and elsewhere in the city.

This was my second time staying here after 6 years ago. I chose here because location, location and location. Nothing else. Staff was just ok, not so friendy like I met on my first visit. Overall, this hostel is still good enough to come back next time.

I stayed in the single and it was tiny and windowless with an uncomfortable bed. The toilet doubled as a shower and the hostel is converted from a council flat halfway up a tower block. It feels like living in a slum. I am not ashamed to say I posted the address in case I was never seen again. That said the location is fantastic, the rent cheap and the stay provided some of the most memorable photos of my trip. Staff were friendly. Staying here was an adventure. Not recommended for long stays.

• 7th Sep 2014

Staff can speak English good, polite. Location is good, closed to train station, bus, restaurant. Just one thing, room is very small, bath room is tiny but I understand that HK is the small island and so many population. Totally, everything is good.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Thailand

It was really difficult to find, but I found a couple of girls outside the subway system who led me to the right building. There needs to be some sort of sign by the street or something, but the guy who's there at night is fantastic and all the people I met there were lovely!

• 4th Sep 2014

Nice hostel for the money. The beds are quite small and it can be noisy outside sometimes but overall very nice. It's close to the MTR so it's convenient. I suggest you buy an Octopus card, it makes everything so easy.

loacated good for travel.

I had a great experience here! I make an effort to spend as little time in hotels as possible, and Dragon Hostel was very adequate for my needs. If you're expecting a room larger than a closet and a washroom larger than a cupboard... well, you won't get it for that price in Hong Kong. It's best quality is probably the location in central Mong Kok, with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby as well as convenient access to the subway only a few minutes away.

• 28th Aug 2014

Good value hostel in HK. Clean - they come and tidy, clean the room daily. 2 computers you can use. Water dispenser Laundry available but I didn't try it. Staff were helpful and friendly. Small room but expected. Good aircon. No real lobby so harder to meet new people. Great location in terms right next to MTR. Security a could be better - anyone can walk into the corridors of the rooms as the outer doors aren't locked but OK. Would def go back

Good place. _Our_ hostel in Hong Kong.

• 27th Aug 2014

It's OK for this price in Dragon Hostel Hong Kong. Good location for shopping.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Thailand

The evening receptionist was the nicest Chinese person I have met. When I had trouble with the wifi he rebooted it for me and he even borrowed me a towel. The common room was a bit dissapointing it is a the reception so the atmosphere wasn't that relaxed.Still i met a lot of wonderful people and hang out with them in mong kok the surrounding.One downside the non english speking girl was very rude. Whatever you said even the smalles thing she would yell out no english.But overall I liked it a lot

As far as value for money in Hong Kong goes, this place is all right. Super basic, almost feels more like a really cheap apartment complex than a hostel. The English-speaking staff is friendly (I'm sure the Cantonese-speaking staff is too), the a/c works, and the location is within short walking distance public transportation and many restaurants and shops. Slightly farther walk to other interesting things. It's actually rather impressive how many beds they can fit into such a small room.

the dragon is as central as u can get! the bus-stop for airport bus A21 (at only HK$33) is less than 100 meters away! the hostel is situated at mongkuk MTR subway station, which is by far the most convenient station to explore downtown HK for cheap eats. u have to try tai heng restaurant (a 10 minute walk away) for arguably the best roast pork in the world! in the HK$150 price range, no hostel can beat it for value! owner stanley is friendly, efficient and knowledgeable and speaks Eng well.

Always come to this hostel because the owners are so friendly and helpful!

• 13th Jul 2014

The washroom door cannot be closed tight where it has gaps and outside can be seen through! At Room 611, Door 67. Please fix it.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Malaysia

Its fixed already. can tell us when staying, also we other shared bathrooms can be used.

Stay was just what I needed, nothing more nothing less. perfect for a good nights rest with wifi and a clean restroom.

• 9th Jul 2014

The location was superb. Mong Kok train station was metres away. There was a bus stop where the bus from the airport stopped, metres away and a taxi rank was right outside the front door. Excellent. The staff were friendly and gave us accurate information. We were pleasantly surprised by the level of cleanliness of our room.

• 7th Jul 2014

I will definitely stay here again in my next visit to HK... :)

• 1st Jul 2014