Dreamkapture Hostal Reviews

Alborada Doceava Etapa, Calle Juan Sixto Bernal; MZ 02, Villa 21, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Mites, mites, mites! I have been twice in the place in two weeks and two times I got mites. I have been scratching myself until I bleed! Beside of that the place is alright, nice atmosphere, good service and good breakfast.

Overall not bad but I'm also not cheering about this place. Place from outside is very safe but there are not lockers in the rooms. Bathroom in the dorm room needs a renovation an ventilation. It's quite far out the centre but for an overnight stay before heading to Galapagos it's ok.

Good hostel with helpful staff especially for sorting Galapagos tours. You have a killer taco restaurant close by and decent breakfasts provided, what else do you want.

Great place to stay in Guayaquil. We were there for just one night and enjoyed it. Very safe area. Lots of places to eat nearby and a mall 10 minutes walk away if that's your thing. WiFi worked well. Breakfast included. Staff speak Spanish and English. Peaceful little spot. We stayed in a private room and my only complaint is that the room smelled a bit moldy. The shower pressure was also very weak. Other than that it was a nice stay.

Good hostel, sometimes lacks atmosphere but this is due to the fact that people tend tobpass through Guayaquil for flights etc

Extremely friendly staff, clean rooms and bathrooms and the beds are so comfortable. Everything I needed, and a taxi to the airport at 4am with no problems. Always stay here when traveling through Guayaquil!

Hostel is in a dumpy area, it is really just a place to stay if our changing buses or flights, they do not honor your hostel world down payment and have no lockers.

Very handy for a one night layover while in transit to the Galapagos.

A few hiccups here - they had lost our booking even though we were communicating about potential galapagos tours. They also failed to mention that it was not possible to book flights or research tours on Sundays which mean we booked a more expensive flight online to leave on Monday. A lot of cruises leave on Monday so good to get to the island Friday or Saturday to book.

We turned up at the prearranged time but nobody was there to let us in. Afterwards i emailed Dreamkapture explaining how upset i was about this (our first night of travel and things went wrong). I never received any reply to this. No apology or explanation. The only good thing is that they didnt charge us, but i did loose the deposit i had paid, and we had to pay a lot of money to find a replacement Hotel open in the middle of the night. Please ignore my review above and jst use this comment

Great little laid back hostel. Facilities were very clean and they served an excellent breakfast (we even had French toast on our second morning there!). Suggestions for improvement would include clearly assigning beds so people know which ones are free (there was a bit of confusion as to who had which bed in my dorm). Also note that the price quoted by Hostel World doesn't include the 12% tax (the hostel sent us an email after we had booked confirming the price including tax).

The staff here were miserable and not very helpful. The guests were an inconvenience to them. Since it is pretty much the same in a taxi to get right to the city centre from the airport or bus station, you are much better off staying in town. I accidentally left a few items on my bed when I checked out and. My friend in the room, joining me a day later, saw all the items and contacted me, but when she went to collect them from the staff they said they didn't have some of the items.

This hostel is very good! Our room and the bathroom was very clean! Breakfast is nice. Thet have a last minute agency for Galapagos cruises and flights-very recommended! The location can be better but its close to the mall and a bus ride from the bus terminal We really liked this place.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Israel

didn't find the last miute deals very helpful when asking information the girl just kept looking things up on the web could of done the same myself to be honest