Dreamkapture Hostal Reviews

Alborada Doceava Etapa, Calle Juan Sixto Bernal; MZ 02, Villa 21, Guayaquil, Ecuador

The taxi ride they offer is a rip off. Although it feels safe, it costs 3$ to get to the airport/bus and they charge 5$. I also got ripped off using their taxi service to get a Yellow Fever vaccination in which the guy charged me $8 and it was only 3$ to get back... The staff was nice at first then the girl seemed rather moody. I asked her to lock my belongings up and she put them on the desk then walked away without locking them up.. thankfully I saw this and grabbed them.. Overpriced!

The hostel staff is friendly and helpful. The area is quite safe and there is not too much traffic in the little street. It's not close to the city center, but the information how to get there by bus is really good. A Laundry is at the same street, local food very close by and food plazas at the shopping malls nearby. The only problem for me is the lack of respect of some travelers sharing the dormitory, but a private room was too expensive for me as a solo traveler.

Staff was great. Loved the pool! Breakfast was of good value too. Would definitely stay there again.

Very helpful staff with excellent English which was great as I booked my trip to the Galapagos with them. I was VERY impressed with the staff's organization skills. My dorm room too was good (most comfortable beds after two months traveling!) And the breakfast (included) was good and served in a pleasant setting. Some of the private rooms looked rather dark. May I suggest that they put a lot more foliage and perches in their courtyard birdcage?

Interesting atmosphere here, I guess you get a lot of people just passing through and with very different plans. There is a nice garden/pool area to sit in (might want bug spray), and the city centre (good for a few hours sightseeing) is only 30 minutes by bus. There seem to be a lot of rules, but I think its good if the travelers and hostel know what to expect from each other, its nothing onerous.

stayed in 7 bed male dorm. it was a dark , hot and humid room with a windowless bathroom. breakfast is good. nothing attractive except the fact that its the cheapest option around.

We were in Guayaquil for one night en route to the airport. For this purpose it was totally fine - an ok kitchen (although with little space to actually cook in), nearby supermarket, passable rooms, & near both bus station and airport. However, the American at the front desk (we presume he's the owner) was unnecessarily rude when we were leaving, and even if it sounds minor, it undoubtedly ruined the impression we had of the hostel. Equally the place felt very money-driven, to its detriment.

Would absolutely stay here again.

The hostel is well outside of downtown, but it is safe, and reception can call you a taxi if you wish to wander the malecon. If you are just stopping over on the way to Galapagos, they sell last minute Galapagos tours here as well. If you don't really care to experience Guayaquil, this place will do the trick. Good value, and breakfast included.

I stayed here for one night in order to catch an early plane the next morning. It's close to two malls and several small shops. The atmosphere is quite chill and quiet. My dorm was right next to the office and quite hot even with two fans. I would choose one with AC next time.

Great place. Although I would recommend getting your own taxi from airport to hostel ($5) as it is easier than ordering one from their order form. Our taxi did not show up. Other than that, it was a great stay. The front desk helped us with everything from delayed luggage, to ride to bus station. And breakfast was excellent.

A NIGHTMARE!!!! I´ve been backpacking since 1997. Don´t know how many hostels I´ve stayed at and this is the worst hostel I´ve ever stayed at ever!!! The staff was not well trained, bugs in my bed (I was almost eaten alive), cockroachs in the bathroom, the dorm was humid and TOO F HOT, weak lights so when it gets dark you must use a flashligh if you really want to find something inside your backpack and the travel agency they have, I found out they overcharged me for a Scuba package inGalapagos

The right place to visit Guayaquil and maybe planning a holiday to the beautiful Galapagos Islands, as I did! This hostel is also a travel agency specializing in last minute deals and cruises in all classes ... The girl who works there is very competent and knowledgeable! The kitchen, wi-fi and the public areas are ok, but the breakfast leaves a little to be desired ... All in all I think it is the best solution to stay in Guayaquil in the price - quality ratio! Recommended.

Dirty wet toilet, no locker provided, no hot water, no air conditioning, very hot at night. Though the staff is nice. Would not recommend this hostel. Feel wet and humid in the dorm, do not understand such a high rating.

I was disappointed that the housekeeper did not hand my iPod into reception when found in my bed, which is what I would have expected them to do.

Staff is very helpfull

OK place for a night - smelly room full of boys, not too clean, but my cousin who stayed in an all girls room had a very pleasant experience. Thanks!

I just stayed for one night since I was in transit to the Galapagos. The hostel is relatively close to the airport and the bus terminal and within walking distance of 2 malls, so it's great for a short stop-over. The atmosphere in the hostel was a bit strange. The staff was nice and helpful. So all in all it had all I needed for the short time, but not really more than that.

Not too much to say as I only stayed here for 10h to rest after arriving in Guayaquil by plane and have a shower and a rest before hoping on the bus to Canoa. Reception was very nice and friendly, even after midnight. Following morning enjoyed a nice breakfast and upon request a taxi was called for my trip to the Terminal Terrestre.

Great stopover hostel in Guayaquil. Not a super convenient location, but is only a quick taxi ride from downtown area or airport. Staff were friendly and helpful and breakfast was good.