Dreamkapture Hostal Reviews

Alborada Doceava Etapa, Calle Juan Sixto Bernal; MZ 02, Villa 21, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Guayaquil is very hot. Obviously most guests want a/c stop manipulating people by offering a fan. Really, really? You're just giving yourself a Bad reputation.

• 8th May 2015
  • Colombia

Reasonable Hostel. But the Travel bureau was ill equiped to act swiftly on our reservation to the Galápagos Islands. It took them twice as much time to arrange it so we missed our bus. And the first day of the tour on the islands was in a small boat bashing against the waves. That means your clothes get soaking wet. This is not what I paid for. The next days were a lot better though, because we were on a yacht and had a fantastic day.

• 29th Apr 2015

+ good location, close to main street - stuff was unmotivated and slow - room was really warm

One-night stay between arriving in Guayaquil & flying to Galapagos. Perfect for this as a short $US5 to/from airport and staff were very helpful

Pretty nice hostel with a lot of green, a small pool and a clean, small kitchen. Unfortunately it is a bit far away from downtown (the public bus takes you around 40 minutes and costs 0,25$), but perfect for a stopover between flight and bus. The staff is super friendly. I arrived early in the morning and could go in my room to sleep. Free towels, but the room was crazy hot. We had two fans constantly switched on!

Really nice clean comfy double room. Breakfast was amazing - French toast with fruit and maple syrup. Galapagos cruises are also decent prices, and Chris, the manager, was very helpful.

Took ages to find as the taxi man didn't recognise the address, had to stop in McDonald's to use the wifi to find it! I found out afterwards that a few others have had the same problem! However a lovely, clean, well-run hostel with good facilities, helpful staff. Complimentary breakfast was yummy, French toast!

Comfy beds (stayed in the 7-dorm) and a really good location for transfer by bus or plane. Shoppingmall is walkingdistance with supermarket.

Just stayed for one night but the staff was very friendly en helpfull! The hostel looked very nice and the breakfast was delicious!

We just stayed one night after a long bus from Peru. Location was good for us as it was just a short taxi ride to the bus terminal. Basic but clean and comfortable room. Could do with more shared bathrooms - I often had to wait. Nice breakfast, pool, common area and kitchen.

Good place to lay low in between flights but not much more. If you're in the ladies dorm try to get a top bunk where the fans are blowing on you or it's super hot

I stayed in a private room for one night. Just a stop over between flying in from Galapagos and heading to Banos by bus. Location was perfect for this. Also near to the best hole in the wall burger place I've seen in South America and also a large shopping centre. Helpful staff especially the owner. Atmosphere I scored low as there was one big group staying there. Wifi worked well. The only downside was the book exchange you needed to make an additional payment to change your book.

Great and helpful staff members! Very close to airport and bus station and only a $5 cab ride from Los Peñas and the Malecon. Would definitely stay again if in Guayaquil. We needed to have something sent from him in Aus and the staff were very helpful with letting us set this up!

I stayed in the female dorm and it was like a sauna - sooo hot and too many mosquitoes to keep the door open. This place is a 45 minute bus ride so I regretted staying here. It is more like one night place for people to stay between buses or on the way to Galapagos. I felt the place was very overpriced I also booked a cruise in galapagos from them - I got an OK price and it was a reasonably smooth process but they are money grubbers - won't answer questions unless you book through them.

Lovely place to stay for the one night-bedroom was spotless and so was the bathroom and the breakfast is delicious-way better than the usual bread and jam! The only thing is there are no lockers in the room I was in but it felt so secure I didn't really mind, would also benefit from aircon as it was so hot but over all a good place to stay.

nice stuff, great location(close to the mall and bus station). great kitchen and breakfast. they don't have lockers but you can put your important stuff in a safe in the receptaion( it's safe ). Guayaquil is super hot but they have a fan in the room( doesn't really help the hit...)

It's about 8km from downtown. Super clean and quiet. Breakfast is beyond good with home made pancakes and fresh juice. We had an issue where the shower was not heating, the receptionist took only one hour and replaced the shower head. Amazing how quickly he fixed it.

Clean hostel, fast wifi and the free breakfast is nice. Good place to stay for a night.

Good location for travel stop over but a bit out of the way for Guayaquil centre. Very pleasant owner and staff. Very helpful. Relaxed atmosphere. Would recommend to others.

• 13th Feb 2015

I enjoyed the breakfasts, small pool to cool off and knowledgeable staff. However the fan did not cool down the room. The hostel is a bit out of the way but once I had my bearing I as good. The staff gave me maps on how to get around. No computers with Internet avaiable. Ava from Toronto