Dreamkapture Hostal Reviews

Alborada Doceava Etapa, Calle Juan Sixto Bernal; MZ 02, Villa 21, Guayaquil, Ecuador

Hostel is in a dumpy area, it is really just a place to stay if our changing buses or flights, they do not honor your hostel world down payment and have no lockers.

Very handy for a one night layover while in transit to the Galapagos.

A few hiccups here - they had lost our booking even though we were communicating about potential galapagos tours. They also failed to mention that it was not possible to book flights or research tours on Sundays which mean we booked a more expensive flight online to leave on Monday. A lot of cruises leave on Monday so good to get to the island Friday or Saturday to book.

We turned up at the prearranged time but nobody was there to let us in. Afterwards i emailed Dreamkapture explaining how upset i was about this (our first night of travel and things went wrong). I never received any reply to this. No apology or explanation. The only good thing is that they didnt charge us, but i did loose the deposit i had paid, and we had to pay a lot of money to find a replacement Hotel open in the middle of the night. Please ignore my review above and jst use this comment

Great little laid back hostel. Facilities were very clean and they served an excellent breakfast (we even had French toast on our second morning there!). Suggestions for improvement would include clearly assigning beds so people know which ones are free (there was a bit of confusion as to who had which bed in my dorm). Also note that the price quoted by Hostel World doesn't include the 12% tax (the hostel sent us an email after we had booked confirming the price including tax).

This hostel is very good! Our room and the bathroom was very clean! Breakfast is nice. Thet have a last minute agency for Galapagos cruises and flights-very recommended! The location can be better but its close to the mall and a bus ride from the bus terminal We really liked this place.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Israel

didn't find the last miute deals very helpful when asking information the girl just kept looking things up on the web could of done the same myself to be honest

A pretty little hostel. Pay attention to directions section as most taxi drivers won't know where it is. No lockers for your things. Could be in a better location. BUT it is close to shops and the mall if you need anything or food, a 10 min taxi drive from the city centre ($5) the staff and travel desk are friendly and helpful, and the breakfast is one of the best I've had. Wifi reliable.

The taxi ride they offer is a rip off. Although it feels safe, it costs 3$ to get to the airport/bus and they charge 5$. I also got ripped off using their taxi service to get a Yellow Fever vaccination in which the guy charged me $8 and it was only 3$ to get back... The staff was nice at first then the girl seemed rather moody. I asked her to lock my belongings up and she put them on the desk then walked away without locking them up.. thankfully I saw this and grabbed them.. Overpriced!

The hostel staff is friendly and helpful. The area is quite safe and there is not too much traffic in the little street. It's not close to the city center, but the information how to get there by bus is really good. A Laundry is at the same street, local food very close by and food plazas at the shopping malls nearby. The only problem for me is the lack of respect of some travelers sharing the dormitory, but a private room was too expensive for me as a solo traveler.

Staff was great. Loved the pool! Breakfast was of good value too. Would definitely stay there again.

Very helpful staff with excellent English which was great as I booked my trip to the Galapagos with them. I was VERY impressed with the staff's organization skills. My dorm room too was good (most comfortable beds after two months traveling!) And the breakfast (included) was good and served in a pleasant setting. Some of the private rooms looked rather dark. May I suggest that they put a lot more foliage and perches in their courtyard birdcage?

Interesting atmosphere here, I guess you get a lot of people just passing through and with very different plans. There is a nice garden/pool area to sit in (might want bug spray), and the city centre (good for a few hours sightseeing) is only 30 minutes by bus. There seem to be a lot of rules, but I think its good if the travelers and hostel know what to expect from each other, its nothing onerous.

stayed in 7 bed male dorm. it was a dark , hot and humid room with a windowless bathroom. breakfast is good. nothing attractive except the fact that its the cheapest option around.

We were in Guayaquil for one night en route to the airport. For this purpose it was totally fine - an ok kitchen (although with little space to actually cook in), nearby supermarket, passable rooms, & near both bus station and airport. However, the American at the front desk (we presume he's the owner) was unnecessarily rude when we were leaving, and even if it sounds minor, it undoubtedly ruined the impression we had of the hostel. Equally the place felt very money-driven, to its detriment.

Would absolutely stay here again.

The hostel is well outside of downtown, but it is safe, and reception can call you a taxi if you wish to wander the malecon. If you are just stopping over on the way to Galapagos, they sell last minute Galapagos tours here as well. If you don't really care to experience Guayaquil, this place will do the trick. Good value, and breakfast included.

I stayed here for one night in order to catch an early plane the next morning. It's close to two malls and several small shops. The atmosphere is quite chill and quiet. My dorm was right next to the office and quite hot even with two fans. I would choose one with AC next time.

Great place. Although I would recommend getting your own taxi from airport to hostel ($5) as it is easier than ordering one from their order form. Our taxi did not show up. Other than that, it was a great stay. The front desk helped us with everything from delayed luggage, to ride to bus station. And breakfast was excellent.

A NIGHTMARE!!!! I´ve been backpacking since 1997. Don´t know how many hostels I´ve stayed at and this is the worst hostel I´ve ever stayed at ever!!! The staff was not well trained, bugs in my bed (I was almost eaten alive), cockroachs in the bathroom, the dorm was humid and TOO F HOT, weak lights so when it gets dark you must use a flashligh if you really want to find something inside your backpack and the travel agency they have, I found out they overcharged me for a Scuba package inGalapagos