Durban Backpackers - On the Beach Reviews

17 The Promenade, Glenashley, Durban, South Africa

I really liked staying here and the only regret is that I could not stay for longer. This hostel is extremely relaxed, you won't find huge parties but if you're looking for intellectual conversation and a friendly atmosphere right on the beach, then look no further. I do think the hostel could organise a few events or formal tours to give guests something to do but other than that brilliant. The young gentleman working on reception is extremely helpful and professional.

Hi Sophia Thank you for your great review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your suggestions on improving the guests experience.

Wow the place was great,pity we arrived late in the evening,both the host the owner were very great and friendly and really organized. Definately I found myself second home in Durban.Im going back soon and definately will recommend it to anyone who needs some tranquility.Thumbz Up!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Hi Mavis Glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to accommodating you in the future.

The place is away from town but spot on the beach. For my purpose, it was excellent. The place was spotless and I had the dorm to myself. It was all good. I'd gladly return.

Hi Charles Thank you for your positive comment. It is not always so quiet !! Enjoy the rest of your trip.