Dylan Cafe and Guest House Reviews

Opp Trio Restaurant ,Main Pura Street, Gandhi Chowk, Jaisalmer, India

A little on the rugged side (no sheets on the mattress) and a lot on the social rooftop hanging side. Pretty much depends on how you prioritize these two things. I had a great time here.

Good location....but anywhere in Jaisalmer is. Good sized rooms with very comfy beds. Struggled to get any hot water though. The roof top area/bar/restaurant is decent, but not always easy to order a drink (esp at night). If leaving by train at night, book a taxi well in advance and make sure it is booked. There are no rickshaws at night but plenty of dogs keen to see you on your way, as I found out when my taxi didn't show. Also suggest looking elsewhere to book a safari...mine was very basic.

A great hotel/hostel - friendly staff, very clean to European standards, great decor, good price, good food, great view of Jaisalmer Fort from the roof top restaurant. I stayed in the Standard room here and met some good people, the desert safari was to an equally high standard for only 1400 rupees. Very happy with my stay here, would recommend.

• 4th Dec 2014

I spent three nights in this guesthouse plus two more nights of safari that I arranged with them too. Staff is wonderful, always trying to help and making you feel like home. Rooms are spacious and the location is good, it's outside the fort. I wouldn't recommend to stay inside the fort... Also, the rooftop terrace is so cosy and with the best music in Jaisalmer. I would totally go back and of course I would recommend it. Gracias Rajiv for your being such a lovely hosts!

• India

I honestly can't give this place a good enough review!! In fact I have never bothered to leave a review before but this is so worth it! We have never felt so welcomed and relaxed in any hotel anywhere in India.. The guys there are such good fun and great for a chat, plus they helped us organize transfers out of jaisalmer.. This place is like a oasis in India, with no hassling and no pressure for anything.. Plus the rooftop restaurant/ bar is the best place to meet people in all of the hotels

• New Zealand

Staying at Dylan cafe and guesthouse was one of the highlights of our trip! The owner Rajiv provides a laugh a minute and joined us on the camel safari which we loved! Great rooftop bar, rooms are decent and the location is very central, everything you need/sights of the town are within a 10 minute walk. Highly recommend this hostel :)

View all Jaisalmer Bed and Breakfasts