Eastern Comfort Hostelboat Berlin Reviews

Mühlen Str 73-77, Berlin, Germany

It's such a cool hostel - overlooking the Berlin Wall and floating on the Spree River! The dorm is small but the beds are very comfortable. The shower is spot on. And apparently if you go in the gentlemen's bathroom the tape of chirruping crickets automatically starts playing so you feel like a hunter in the jungle. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It's also very close to the cool area with millions of bars, cafes, restaurants and graffiti.

The best hostel I have ever stayed in! The fact that it's a boat is great, I would definitely recommend this to anyone! Also, security was brilliant, there was a code to get on the boat, and keys for each room, unlike some hostels that just have key cards that work for every room

Friendly and helpful staff, lovely atmosphere, we felt safe there and it really made our week in Berlin amazing

• 18th Jun 2015

The only real issue was location, as to walk into the centre of Berlin took almost an hour. Although there's a train station right next to the boat, which for €7.80, you can buy an all day ticket taking you all over Berlin. Facilities as expected were quite basic, but not the worst I've experienced!

Nice experiment! But dorm was pretty tiny for five people.

The private suit was really big and comptfy. The hostess was the best, super friendly and helpful. She even spoke Spanish wich was a big plus. The boat is right next to the wall and really close to a train station

Good location right behind the East Side Gallery, great for going out around Kreuzburg but a little further from the centre. We couldn't get wifi in our room, which was a real hassle. We didn't have breakfast as thought it was a bit expensive. In dorm rooms, you have to pay separately for bed linen, it isn't included. I'd stay here again.

It's really cool to be able to say that you've stayed on a boat in Berlin. Each evening there's a really nice sunset that you can enjoy by the bar on the deck, which was a huge plus, maybe the best part! The staff were very friendly when engaged. However, it was sometimes hard to tell who had just boarded the boat to visit the bar and who was actually staying there. It would have been a little difficult to meet people as a solo traveler. Tight rooms. Good location. I would probably stay again.

Loved this hostel! The staff were brilliant and we loved the rooftop bar. If you want a hostel with a difference go for this. It as awesome.

Really enjoyed our stay. Our room was really small but comfortable and we were offered to move after our second stay but we didn't feel it necessary. The Canadian receptionist (so ashamed I didn't ask her name) was really lovely and made us cups of tea every day.

• 5th Jun 2015
  • Wales

Quite disappointed with this place. It's certainly kitschy, being able to say you stayed on a boat, but beyond the tale, this place doesn't offer much. It's overpriced for what it is. No kitchen, not much of a common area (hard to meet people if you're a single traveller), and they charge for everything extra (like hand soap in the bathroom). Wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

It's too bad you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are very clear about not being a "Party boat" and are not responsible for single travelers. The cost for bedding in dorms, tents is clearly stated, and we offer lots of emergency stuff like shampoo,... for a few cents. Soap dispensers are in private cabins. Please refer to checklists when booking a hostel over an agent; we do not claim to have a kitchen on our profile, and clearly note that wifi is available free in common areas.

We were veey satisfied very excellent location !

We had a great time! I love that the staff are concerned with the environment, and the staff was helpful. it was a great stay.

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed! The wifi is free and fast, the staff is really helpful! He told me about the train strike so I reserved a seat, or I would have a really crowded trip! And it's just behind the east side gallery. Since the hostel is on a ship so sometimes It may slightly shake. Overall it's wonderful

I was happy with my stay especially I like the staffs, they are very friendly. The hotel itself is clean but neighborhood is not so clean. My only disappointment was that the pictures I say in the website are from Western hostel and room which I got was from Eastern hotel. I registered for two people room but I got room with four beds for two people and I felt that the room was too small for the price. Nevertheless, It is an nice experience to stay in boat.

Great experience. The location is excellent: next to the East side gallery and proximity to the metro/train stop and clubs. Having a drink at the open deck during sunset is just perfect. One suggestion: Would have been great to have a better toilet for the hostelites and not to share with everyone! Thanks

• 13th May 2015
  • Belgium

Absolutely fantastic stay!! Great boat, great friendly, helpful staff, good location and easy access via s bhan and u bhan to the rest of berlin. Amazing place to stay overall!!

This is the coolest hostel ever. Sleeping in boat next to berlin wall. And people are nice and helpful. I enjoyed very much.

Great sleepover on an old cozy boat directly on the river Spree. Small but clean rooms. Also has a nice indoor and outdoor longe. Within walking range to discover Kreuzberg. Good subway and underground connection. We liked it!

• 17th Apr 2015

- Unique Hostel ( I mean, c´mon, it´s a boat!! ) - Very friendly staff - Great location (just next to East side Gallery and a few minutes walk from good food and nightlife) - Good value for your money