Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

Great hostel! Very nice atmosphere, nice and clean rooms, helpful staff and it's cool to stay on a boat. A good breakfast was also included. And the hostel is not too far from the city center. I had a great time and will definitely stay there again if I come back to Gent!

One of the best, most unique hostels I've stayed at! Amazing atmosphere, really relaxed, brilliantly homey and down-to-earth experience!

This was definitely one of our favourite hostels. Being on a boat is a really cool experience that you will not regret. It's all eco-friendly which is great and their breakfasts were delicious. The rooms themselves were great with comfy beds, personal lights and really awesome showers. The boat also has it's own cat and dog which gave us a nice touch of home when we have been travelling for so long. My one note is that this is not a party boat but it is perfect for a relaxing stay.

A beautiful, very clean, comfortable respectful atmosphere with interesting decor and lovely owners who take great pride in their hostel - with good reason too. A place for people on a calmer visit rather than out for a party.

• 1st Sep 2013

I'm on a boat... It's just such a great atmosphere plus you are on a boat!

Greatest hostel ever! Amazing staff, great atmosphere, beautiful boat. I'd go back to Ghent just to stay here again!

Most fun couple of nights I've ever had in a hostel, it's amazing to be a pirate ^^

We had a great experience. It was the first hostel we ever stayed in a group room. The owner is great she was very helpful with what to see and where to go. This city is a must see, its also expensive so if your on a budget and want a great place to stay and fell welcomed and safe this is the place. We walked from hostel to city centrum it's about a 15 minute walk then there is alot to see all in walking distance, be prepared to walk all day. The hostel's facilities are great super clean!!!!

Super clean. Quiet. The breakfast had lots of spreads to choose from for toast. But we only got to have cereal one day outta the 4 days we stayed. I can't think of anything negative to say. The woman is really nice you can always see her cleaning. There is a cat and a doggy on board. It was a nice change from staying in cramped up hostels. I liked how there is comments around the boat on how we can all make little changes for the earth.would definitely recommend. 10 min walk to city center.

I had such a great time here Gent is the most relaxed and real city in Belgium and Ecohostel fits it perfectly. Not only are the facilities and rooms very clean and pretty, but also are the people from the hostel just great. They helped us out with their great knowledge of the city and their kindness. And overall, when will you get the chance to sleep on a house-boat again? Right. Thanks alot for the great stay!

Really cool place to stay! It's on an actual functioning boat, there is plenty of common space with wifi, and reasonably priced organic drinks available. The location is a little bit far from the station and centre, but about 5 min walk from two tram stops, and within walking distance to the historical centre. Really great atmosphere, comfy beds, clean. Highly recommend!

well cool

• 6th Aug 2013

A really peaceful place to recommend!

• 6th Aug 2013

It's on a boat! Cozy and nice. Showers were big! Breakfast good with a lot of organic products. Not much of a kitchen, only a microwave. Rooms were clean but there were a lot of spider webs everywhere.

Not in the city center, but I liked that so if I wanted quiet time to relax I could. It's an easy 10 minute walk anyway. Loved that I was on the water in an eco friendly environment. It's definitely different than you're average hostel. Breakfast was nice in the morning and they had a cute common area on the boat with lots of books to read and information about cities nearby. You also could sit outside and enjoy the breeze. I stayed during Ghent Festival so being away from the crowds I liked.

The accomodation was good and original, the atmosphere was also very good and the personal very cool.

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Spain

EXCELLENT the best place to stay great staff - owners of the boat wanna come there again and live fro a while

I absolutely lived this hostel. It is a forward thinking. Super chilled. It's exactly what it says - Eco friendly so they recycle everything they can. Beds are really comfy. Rooms are awesome - bright colours! Cute living room. The best showers I've ever used in a hostel! Like a nice hotel. Loads of green plants everywhere. Could not recommend it higher - it's a nice mini resort just on the edge of the city centre!

I love the Ecohostel! The staff was incredibly friendly, the rooms were very comfortable and everything was impeccably clean. Plus, they've got a great sense of ethics and environmental responsibility. The only thing that I could possibly criticize would be that the breakfast was rather light (toast, jam, cereal) but it was delicious and included in the price of the room, so I'd feel selfish complaining about that. Plus, the hostel is home to a dog and a cat. Awesome!

• 17th Jul 2013

Incredibly unfriendly owner. No fun. Too hot inside. Internet barely works only in a small area. Far from the center. No activities so nobody gets to know each other. I was very dissapointed with it.