Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

Wifi didn't work in my room but did work from across the river (?!). Not the best atmosphere, barely saw anyone there. I asked to leave luggage and was told to leave it in common room/kitchen because staff had things to do off boat later in the day and might not be there when I returned. Staff always seemed busy with their own duties so felt uncomfortable to ask for advice about Ghent. But in the end hostel is a boat which is interesting and cool so worth the stay for that alone.

Well, sometimes we do have to do things off the boat! But that's why you could keep your key, so you could come back at any time you wanted... We don't see the issue with that! And we don't bite if you have questions about anything, but you have to ask them! And yes, we are busy doing lots of things to assure the quality of the hostel. We care about our hostel, and we regret you seem to dislike our efforts. Sorry you were dissapointed with us, but we do wish you happy travels!

Ship ahoy! It was very cool!

What a wonderful, comfortable hostel! The breakfast was simple but delicious, the common room was cosy, the games collection was so much fun, the bathrooms were impeccable, and the beds were so comfy! Would definitely stay here again.

great hostel, one of the best stays so far in 6 mths. beds were very comfortable, staff friendly, very clean bathrooms and showers. has a chilled out vibe.

Such a cool hostel! This hostel is in a beautiful boat just north of the city and walking distance to the sights. It is very well designed and decorated so you do not feel cramped at all. Beautiful and clean rooms and showers. There are takeaway shops and small markets close by and the hostel has some drinks for purchase. One of the coolest hostels I have stayed it!

Pretty cool hostel! On a boat, but its not cramped and theres no seasickness! Good vibes, eco-friendly, cosy.

Very nice place to stay. 15 minutes walk from the centre of Gent. Great showers, bathrooms, good beds. Also, I found the best beer I've had in a while (Lousberg) in the hostels fridge! :)

• 20th Oct 2013

Stayed here for one night, location is good, was easier enough to fine, the rooms were clean, comfy beds. Showers are push showers but were warm, common room is a bit small but cozy, free wifi only in common room, free organic breakfast. Staff were friendly. Not much atmosphere but maybe because of the time of year we went.

The Ecohostel Andromeda is amazing. The location on the barge is so cool. It is walking distance from the downtown, historic area of Ghent. There is a tram stop nearby that is easy to hop on, too. The beds are so comfy and the staff is really, really nice. I love that they are trying to be green by recycling water and using showers that use less. The staff recommended museums for us to visit, places to eat, and the best pubs. I highly, highly recommend!

• 16th Oct 2013

Excellent atmosphere, a great alternative for "normal" hostels. Calm, compact, very clean and ecologically sustainable. Has some very original and cool solutions. Definitely recommend!

• 14th Oct 2013
  • Finland

Great hostel! Very nice atmosphere, nice and clean rooms, helpful staff and it's cool to stay on a boat. A good breakfast was also included. And the hostel is not too far from the city center. I had a great time and will definitely stay there again if I come back to Gent!

One of the best, most unique hostels I've stayed at! Amazing atmosphere, really relaxed, brilliantly homey and down-to-earth experience!

This was definitely one of our favourite hostels. Being on a boat is a really cool experience that you will not regret. It's all eco-friendly which is great and their breakfasts were delicious. The rooms themselves were great with comfy beds, personal lights and really awesome showers. The boat also has it's own cat and dog which gave us a nice touch of home when we have been travelling for so long. My one note is that this is not a party boat but it is perfect for a relaxing stay.

A beautiful, very clean, comfortable respectful atmosphere with interesting decor and lovely owners who take great pride in their hostel - with good reason too. A place for people on a calmer visit rather than out for a party.

• 1st Sep 2013

I'm on a boat... It's just such a great atmosphere plus you are on a boat!

Greatest hostel ever! Amazing staff, great atmosphere, beautiful boat. I'd go back to Ghent just to stay here again!

Most fun couple of nights I've ever had in a hostel, it's amazing to be a pirate ^^

We had a great experience. It was the first hostel we ever stayed in a group room. The owner is great she was very helpful with what to see and where to go. This city is a must see, its also expensive so if your on a budget and want a great place to stay and fell welcomed and safe this is the place. We walked from hostel to city centrum it's about a 15 minute walk then there is alot to see all in walking distance, be prepared to walk all day. The hostel's facilities are great super clean!!!!

Super clean. Quiet. The breakfast had lots of spreads to choose from for toast. But we only got to have cereal one day outta the 4 days we stayed. I can't think of anything negative to say. The woman is really nice you can always see her cleaning. There is a cat and a doggy on board. It was a nice change from staying in cramped up hostels. I liked how there is comments around the boat on how we can all make little changes for the earth.would definitely recommend. 10 min walk to city center.

I had such a great time here Gent is the most relaxed and real city in Belgium and Ecohostel fits it perfectly. Not only are the facilities and rooms very clean and pretty, but also are the people from the hostel just great. They helped us out with their great knowledge of the city and their kindness. And overall, when will you get the chance to sleep on a house-boat again? Right. Thanks alot for the great stay!