Ecohostel Andromeda Reviews

Bargiekaai 35, Gent, Belgium

How great to find such a place in such a location, owned and run by people who actually built the dream themselves with a floating echo hostel. . I will certainly be telling all my boating and travelling friends about this place and will certainly return on my next trip through the Low Countries. . John

Una experiencia muy recomendable. Nunca había dormido en un barco y repetiría. Se descansa muy bien. Zona tranquila, sin ruidos. El personal muy amable y dispuesto. Desayuno a base de productos ecológicos y comercio justo. Definitivamente, una gran idea.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Genial experiencia, sin duda volvería!

Great place to stay. How fun to stay on a boat. Staff are lovely and facilities are good. Definitely recommend.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Really cool hostel. Would have been perfect if it hadn't been so quiet. Would definitely recommend!

L'un des plus mauvais service à la clientèle que j'ai jamais vu. Même pas un simple bonjour, je me sentais comme un intrus dans la maison de quelqu'un. Lorsqu'elle réussissait à me dire quelques mots c'était d'un ton amer jusqu'à du mépris. L'emplacement par rapport à la ville ou au gare de train est très mauvais, on parle de probablement plus d'une heure à la marche ce qui force à prendre le tramway et les arrêts ne sont pas indiqués. L'atmosphère est victime du très mauvais service.

• 9th Jun 2014

Cette auberge est tout simplement parfait 'just perfact. Sur un bateau , TRES PROPE 'very clean. Comfortable 'good bed. Personnel vrmt acceuillant souriant

I loved that hostel was eco-friendly while still being fully-furnished and with a healthy (organic & fair-trade) breakfast! One of my favourite hostel experiences! I would rebook in a heartbeat.

This was one of the best hostel I ever been. The staff is really nice. I really like all the environmental attention. It suit my values, but even for people who's little less in engaged in the « environment action» it a place to go. It's comfy, the shower are perfect, the breakfast good.... And plus, it's on a boat!

Awesome hostel, very unique. Didn't really interact much with staff, but the place was clean and comfortable. Lovely deck to hang out on in nice weather.

One of the nicest hostels I have ever stayed at. A very chill atmosphere, clean, quirky, and the staff were lovely. As a solo traveller, it was social but without being a 'party hostel,' which is what I was looking for. The breakfast was great as well. I will definitely stay here again if I get a chance to come back to Ghent!

Its amazing that the hostel is in a boat.

A great hostel! It's a boat, and it gives you little eco-tips throughout. The staff was friendly, and there was coffee with breakfast.

We had great time there. A very good adress, to recommand !

We had a lovely time at this hostel. It is incredibly clean, and staying on a boat (especially an Ecofriendly one) was a really great experience. We would definitely recommend and stay again.

Off the beaten path but a perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Quiet and incredibly comfortable.i was so happy here and i didn't really want to leave. Great place to stay for a little break while traveling but close enough to still do things in the city.

Wow!! Amazing unique hostel. Very clean, great common areas, perfect for meeting people, very relaxed and cool owners that are great to just sit and chat to about anything and everything. Thanks for a fantastic stay!!!

Albergue situado en un barco, instalaciones completamente nuevas, decorado con mucho detalle y cuidado por sus propietarios. Habitaciones y baños amplios . Sirven un desayuno incluido en el precio con productos ecológicos de gran calidad. Todo muy muy limpio. Situado a 15 minutos del centro, un paseo que se puede hacer caminando perfectamente. Bien comunicado con el tranvía desde la estación central de trenes. Fácil de llegar siguiendo las instrucciones de los propietarios en la web.

The location is a little out of the way, but still near the center and the center train station. But wow, awesome hostel! Very unique, very clean, and an awesome staff. If you want a place to relax and have a good sleep, this is the place.

By far the cutest hostel ever. I've never slept on a boat and this place is definitely a must try. The decor is awesome and has lots of character. The beds were comfortable and the bathrooms were very clean. This hostel has a at "home" feel to it. The lounge room is a nice place to hangout and to meet people. They offer good beer and the staff is really friendly. I felt like I was home. It's also easy to get to and from the train station and a short walk from centre.