Egyptian Night Reviews

13 Merit Basha St. Cairo Egypt, Cairo, Egypt

Location is great, across the street from the egyptian museum also the staff is very helpful.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • South Africa

Location directly across from the main Egyptian Museum - very cozy ambiance with helpful staff !

They were doing some painting as they are upgrading the hostel it was a little bit noisy but generally i enjoyed my accommodation there it's clean the staff is very helpful i do recommend it.

• 15th Nov 2014

I am very grateful with the people of this place. They gave information about places to visit, even information about places where to try to fix my camera (I had a problem with mine!) The atmosphere is great. I felt like home. Also it is super well located, just in front of Egyptian museum.

improve customer care customer, provide service to solve the problems fast and easy. do not waste time. contradict not always right

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Peru

Well Sir, there were no contradict you extended your stay with the housekeeper who doesn't speak English the same as you too so i'm really curious what was the dialogue between both of you. Although that we offered alternatives and provided a solution that suits you & after all we are sorry for any miss understanding that could happened because of your translators and we will put your review under concern.

Staff was great. It isa nice refuge the heart of cairo. Got a couple bug bites while in egypt but not sure if they were while i was at the hostel because the room looked fairly clean. Overall I would recommend this hostel. Oh and th AC is really cold and nice!!

Positives: Very central. Good location and view from balcony. Aircon is a plus. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Quiet and away from street noise. Negatives: Lots of cockroaches. Bed was broken and very uncomfortable. Piles of garbage and stray cats at the front door (kinda normal in Egypt but they could at least take it downstairs away from the hostel to avoid attracting pests). Owner smokes a lot in the lobby area and can smell it in the rooms.

I had a great stay here. Arrived early Tuesday morning and left Friday afternoon and from the get go the staff was attentive. Location is incredible, with the National Antiquities Museum across the street, Tahrir Square proper is a block away, and the Nile is a 7 minute walk. My room was spacious, had its own private bathroom, it's own AC and the view from the common balcony is incredible.

• 17th Jun 2014

It's a good place to stay for the museum but don't try to get to the airport in in the afternoon. Traffic is a nightmare.

• 15th Jun 2014

Great location. Great people. They're like family!! I highly recommend !

Staff are very good and has helped us a lot to get around Cairo, Luxor and Aswan. Jimmy, the manager was really good and arranged the trip to Luxor and Aswan. Whatever we asked was been arranged without any delay or excuse, kept upto the promise. I love to visit the hotel again and Egypt.

The location is very good! The breakfast is good and the staff are great!

As a lone traveler, I had a fantastic time at the Egyptian Night. Very friendly and helpful staff that went out of their way to show me the ropes while I was staying in an unfamiliar city. Location is fantastic, just off Tahrir Square and across from the Egyptian antiquities museum. A charming set up for just the right price in downtown Cairo. I'll certainly be returning!

The Staff here are awesome. I

Great and friendly, Mohammed was awesome

The staff was really helpfull and easy to talk to. The transfer from the airport was great, free of charge!! They also have different tours at very reasonable prices, if you are looking for an affordable place to stay near the downtown and main sites look no further, right in front of the Egyptian museum and the main sqaure Tharir Square.

My stay was surprisingly pleasant. With the political climate I was unsure of how I'd be treated by the people but the staff was very welcoming and accommodating. Whatever I needed they were pleased to assist. I felt safe up on the 5th floor and my view was great of the Egyptian museum and the NDP building.. in the daytime I could also see theNile :o) When you call ask for Jimmy. Another thing that impressed me was how long my free airport pickup guy waited patiently. 2hrs!

• 4th Sep 2013

Nice hostel in the middle of Cairo. Offers a wide range of day trips and tours.

location is amazing, clean, quite, best city center hotel staff are so friendly and helpful they arrange a tour with a best prices and services

• 23rd Jun 2013
  • Egypt

Best location, clean, staff are so helpfull

• 5th Jun 2013