Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel

9.2
Superb 1379 Total Reviews

• Costa Rica, Male, 25-30
18th Aug 2017

I really needed to rest during my stay in Taipei and this hostel was perfect. I didn't have any problems with the noise and the stay was very comfortable. My understanding is that the hostel has an amazing party scene, but it seems to be very well isolated from the guests that also like to rest. The shared toilets were perfectly clean and the staff was INCREDIBLY accommodating and helpful. I'm looking forward to my next stay with them and I'll definitely recommend them.

• Austria, Female, 18-24
14th Aug 2017

Very nice! price and quality are absolutely great, would definitely stay there again!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
5th Aug 2017

I didn't stay for long, but it was a great experience for my first hostel stay. Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful and heaps chilled out. Everything was well explained and the facilities were great, comfy enough beds, good showers and all that. Great value for money.

• USA, Female, 25-30
27th Jul 2017

I selected to stay in one of the private rooms since I had so much baggage due to moving for work. The room came with an air condition unit, fan, a rack over the door, a bed and desk. The room is a little small but I think you get your money's worth. The hostel is very well kept. Bathrooms, showers and common areas were nice and clean. The hosts are very nice and helpful.

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
18th Jul 2017

Very helpful hosts, clean rooms and bathrooms, good amenities (hot water, free tea and coffee), not too far from GuTing MRT with a variety of shops nearby!

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Jul 2017

One of our favourite hostels on the trip, the staff were brilliant and we often chatted with them in the communal area in the evenings. Some good eating places nearby and a kitchen with everything you need to prepare simple food.

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
6.3

The location is good. However it's hidden in a small alley and I was lost coupke of times on my way back. I stayed in private room which is in next building. The room has odd smell, the air conditioner make smoe noise. The shower room is super small. The only good thing is the host is very friendly.

Thanks for your review. We are so sorry for the experience. We have tried our best to improve whatever we can. We checked the smell in the room and didn't find the odd smell. There is at least 1 window in every room of our hostel. We will make sure the window keep open to make the air fresh before every guest checks in. Thanks for remind us of the smell. We located in a very local residential area, not next to big commercial street, and that's what most of the travelers like about us. (being able to explore local neighborhood and having metro station only three min. walk away ) A carefully designed local map is always provided upon guest arrival. We are enthusiastic about providing orientation no matter where travelers would love to go. Thank you for the reminder that we now will remind guest of locally alley way systems better. Also thanks for your encouragement that we are friendly, we love traveling and sharing the tourist information about Taiwan. Look forward to seeing you again. Once again, thanks for your review and make us improve the quality.

4th Jul 2017

Staff were super friendly. Place also felt home-like and cozy!

Thanks for your encouragement that we are friendly, we love traveling and sharing the tourist information about Taiwan. Also, thanks for sharing the sweet potato with us. We like your traveling stories from China to Japan and Taiwan. Look forward to seeing you again:)

• USA, Female, 41+
30th Jun 2017

Lovely. Don't forget to get a key fob at check in. I was locked out and lucky that another guest returned to rescue me.

• GrahamWhite
  • USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
3rd May 2017

Great location, nice staff, comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. I recommend it to my friends when they visit.

×