Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

EE&DD hostel is a beautiful cozy hostel to stay in, with warm and extremely friendly staffs. I spent 5 nights there, on two separate occasions. Though the space is a bit small, there isn't many people within the hostel. The is only one toilet in the second hostel block (not the block with the reception) and the toilet is very small. The water isn't hot either.

A nice place to stay. Close to the MRT, friendly staff, and clean. I would stay here again and recommend it too.

I had a great stay. The staff was very helpful! The facilities were Clean, the shower had great water pressure, and the people were friendly. I would definitely stay again. Only recommendations would be larger lockers for backpacks and better signage when arriving to the place. It was very easy to find after the first time.

It's a supper nice hostel, i would like to recommend it to traveler who want to find a warm home during your trip. The reception girls are very pretty and nice, they helped me to make my travel plane in Taipei. They told me where shall i visit , where is the best place for local traditional food and which way to go. The hostel is very close to the subway station ,although it may takes some time to find it for the first time.It is also very quiet and clean, you can find every thing you want there

• 27th Feb 2015
  • China

Many of the rooms are very loud, the room next to the kitchen has absolutely no protection against the sounds of cleaning, talking, the washing machine during the morning. Room could also use a little more proper hanging space to make the room possible for a long stay. Shower, toilet facilities are pretty good. Showers are good but could use better heads with better angles. Toilets... I loathe those spring-loaded toilet seats, but it isn't a deal-breaker. I would happily return.

As far as hostels go, this is a good one. The staff were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, giving detailed maps of the local area as soon as you arrive and a brief summary of the city of Taipei. Facilities are average (two loos, three showers and three separate sinks) but they do offer free tea and hot water. Only downside was security - lockers are upstairs, away from the group dorms, and your dorm door is left open all the time. Staff also come in, clean, make your bed, so keep them safe!

Staff was really nice and helpful, place is nice and clean. Can get in touch with a lot of travelers and meet new people. It is located in a very convenient area where you can get almost everything. Ideal for students due to its proximity to the universities.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Spain

This was a pretty good hostel and the people who were staying there and the staff were great, but it was so loud! I realized that the noise was completely out of the hostel's control because it was the neighbor's radio and some stray cats that were making all the noise, but it was still a little annoying when I was trying to sleep. Otherwise, great proximity to the MRT, close to a 7, coffee shops, and breakfast places, and a wonderful lounge area to hang out and meet new friends.

Really friendly and helpful staff! Great security and location was perfect! Best beef noodle place around the corner!

We are touring on bicycles and this was no problem to keep them at the hostel, which is also on the ground floor. The staff are very helpful and relaxed. We liked the location - plenty of good food around and close to the MRT and the riverside. The hostel was easy to find - we'd use it again if we came back to Taipei.

Although i arrived late, i received a great check in detailing where things were and the staff were helpful with any questions i had. This place is immaculately clean but still retains some great character and charm. Its easy to meet people in the common area. Nice neighbourhood close to the metro only 3 stops from taipei main station. Highly recommended.

Wonderful! Great location and environment, friendly atmosphere. Some of the all staffs speak English, some of them can also speak Chinese.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • China

Friendly and welcoming environment. Very clean and well managed. It was a little difficult to find, for a first timer to Taiwan. Make sure you write down accurate directions before landing.

• 8th Jan 2015

A very clean hostel with a nice atmosphere. Just outside is a street where you can get all kinds of food, from dumplings to beef noodle soup. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is planning to visit Taipei.

Nice hostel, we enjoyed our stay.

Had the best time and met the best people here, staff included. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Taipei!

5 bed bugs crawling over my boyfriend's bed in the dorm and left him with bites. When he killed them, we could see the blood they left on the sheets. We moved out immediately and they gave us a full refund (unfortunately it was NYE and hard for us to find another place) . I think the staff does their job to clean the facilities but they should really not wait for something like that to happen before calling the exterminators in.

We’re really sorry about this situation. We already cleared the bed and the exterminators also came to deal with this problem the day you checked out. You’re right, since bed bugs are really hard to prevent, in the future, we will check our beds more regularly, and to stop this kind of situation happens again. Thank you for your opinion and hope your boyfriend recovers well.

The staff is amazing! They are super friendly and they always go out of their way to help you out. They give the best suggestions as to what to do around the city. The place is unnecessarily clean. The staff cleans the hostel throughly every day. The place in general is very welcoming and cozy. After a long day of walking around, I always looked forward to coming back so I can lounge around the public living space and chat with the staff and other travelers. I will definitely be back!

• 28th Dec 2014

This hostel is excellent for travellers looking for a cozy space to stay. The hostel itself is very small, so it has a very homey feel to it. I recommend staying here during the winter because Taiwan does not have heating, but since the dorms in this hostel are in the basement, it's very warm. Renee was great, but the other staff were a bit cold at times. There is a ton of information that you can find on Taiwan at the hostel, and the location is extremely convenient.

The staffs and atmosphere in eight elephants are excellent. They are very nice and helpful, and I would like to thanks them for waiting me check in til 1:30 a.m. because my flight arrived Taipei very late that night. Although the location is not very easy to find, there is still very close to the Taipei metro station alone with a 7-11.

• 19th Dec 2014