Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

My friend had a great stay at this hostel - very welcoming staff and comfy bed. Would recommend, especially at such a reasonable price.

If you're the type of traveller who wants to meet friendly people, look no further. The accommodations give a homey vibe, like coming home after a long day. The living area and kitchen are huge pluses as they act as gathering areas to mingle. The staff is really nice and helpful. They try their best to make your stay a memorable one. It is truly one of the highlights of my trip and the BEST hostel I've ever stayed at.

• 31st Jan 2016

Place is a bit hard to find. You must ring the doorbell when you first arrive.

• 21st Jan 2016

A relaxing hostel with friendly staff in an excellent area in close proximity to an MRT stop and some decent food options.

• 21st Jan 2016

Everything was really perfect. And the best is the team. They are so friendly and warm-hearted. I would always come back :)

• 16th Jan 2016

Good place to stay

• 15th Jan 2016
  • China

I had an excellent time for two nights - the staff were really helpful, and I particularly appreciated the laundry facilities, lockers, and beer-fridge-buying system. The mattress could have been more comfortable, but everything was clean and secure.

• 12th Jan 2016

I stayed 3 nights and booked a private ensuite room. The staff was really helpful and the hostel is clean. You may enjoy the fridge at our disposal as well as free tea and coffee for breakfasts. The directions provided on the website are accurate and proved to be very helpful, as the hostel is located in a quiet alley.

Staff was amazing, very attentive, friendly, had great suggestions for foods to try and stuff to do. Very clean facilities that were cleaned every morning. Location was right next to the MRT so it was easy to travel.

• 4th Jan 2016

See you next time!!! Corn J.r says hi!

I got a little bit unlucky the night i went here, i booked the wrong room and i must find another place to stay that day. But the staff here really gave grwat support and kindly help us to look for another room. I was a little bit sad that i didnt get the opputunity to stay here, but i enjoyed the atmosphere and the service given by the staff that day. Couldnt be more sattisfy with their kindness.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Indonesia

Hope you can come back to stay with us next time : )

Great stay with all basic supplies provided (hairdryer, shampoo, face cleanser, towel etc) and fully equipped kitchen which sold Taiwanese beer as well.

Thank you so much :D We will work harder on everything was not good enough!!!

The staff are very helpful and warm.

Hope to see you again soon ~^^~

Eight Elephants was charming, friendly, and welcoming. The location was perfect, close to amble around and find things to eat, and super convenient to get to attractions via bus or subway. When I arrived, the staff had left a little handwritten note welcoming me as well as super useful maps of the neighbourhood and city. Ian showed me around the hostel, too. There were some folks hanging out downstairs, all equally as friendly. All in all I would definitely come back again.

• 28th Dec 2015

For longer trip next time ^___^

Great attitude from staff

• 17th Dec 2015

Glad you came back here :D

Nice hostel, really comfortable bed & friendly staff. Good area with some restaurants around. I already recommended it to friends :)

• 11th Dec 2015

I had a wonderful time and the staff were extremely accommodating and friendly. The facilities were well maintained and has everything that any traveler would need. The location is also ideal as its only a few minutes walk to Guting station so it was very easy to get around to other parts of the city. Lots of good places to eat nearby as well. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hostel and I will for sure be staying there again next time I am in Taipei!

• 26th Nov 2015

Then we will see you very soon ^^

Best hostel in Taipei, superfriendly staff, great cosy rooms and the location was great! :D

• 15th Nov 2015
  • Sweden

I will miss our football night

Great place, it feels like home. I stay here every time that I come to Taipei, so I've stayed at Eight elephants maybe seven or eight times. It's clean, well-organized, close to everything you would need, at most importantly it's a friendly place where you can always meet people and make new friends. If you are traveling around and you start to feel lonely, come back to Eight Elephants and you will always meet someone and have an interesting conversation.

Always nice to see you Bill ^^~ see you next year!

The staff here is incredibly helpful and friendly. Karen & Shawn helped give directions around Taipei and even plan the rest of my time I'm in Taiwan outside of Taipei. The location is in the heart of Taipei, very closely situated to a MRT station and CSK Memorial. Nice facilities and great place to meet fellow travelers. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• 31st Oct 2015

So glad that you had a good time in Taiwan! Wish to see you again in the future : )

Cheerful staff, nice common room and good wifi. The hostel was clean and the area seemed quiet atleast for my short stay.