Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

Absolutely spotless, great atmosphere and amazing, friendly staff, could not recommend more!

I had a very nice stay at Eight Elephants. It's a very homey hostel with a friendly and interactive staff. The location is really excellent, close to transportation, food and bars. The common area functions like a living room and is a good place to meat fellow travelers. There's a good sized kitchen, several communal showers and space to clean and hang-dry your clothes. The dorms are a little small, but you're allowed to leave your back outside of the room if you feel it's necessary

• 3rd Sep 2014

A nice hostel and a decent vibe, I get the feeling that staying in the dorms is a great experience but in the double rooms you're a bit removed, and the washroom/shower in the Dreaming Dragons were a bit gross most of the time. Old peoples shaving razors and used packages all over. The bed was comfortable, and the people we met there were great. I didn't mind it but might try a new place next time.

We’re very sorry that you felt removed when staying in the private room. We truly welcome you to hang out in living room anytime. It is an open space for both people staying in the dorm & private rooms. Our staff also try our best to introduce every guest to meet each other. Just don’t be shy to come! As for the shower & toilet, we clean them everyday. We see cleanliness as the most basic thing we could offer & we would really appreciate if you let us know during your stay to deal with it.

great place, good area, great staff,

Absolutely love Eight Elephants. The staff, facility, and location are well worth the price. The atmosphere is comfortable and fun. It's very calm and relaxed. Everyone is helpful as well. This hostel is close to the Guting metro station so it's convenient. I love going back just to visit now that I've found my own place to live since I've left. Thank you Eight Elephants for a great stay :)

• 15th Aug 2014

I strongly recommend this hostel. It was like home... good staffs and comfortable atmosphere. Also in the perfect location. I would like to visit here once again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay very much : )

Gates lock automatically, access cards were provided. Lockers and locks were available for free, although I felt safe leaving my laptop by the bedside! A 5 minutes (unsheltered!) walk from the train station amidst residential blocks. Takes a while to find for the first time. Not the most accessible, but great if you like peace and quiet! Staff and guests alike were friendly and amiable, and really interesting people. I had great fun at EE; definitely a highlight of my trip.

While the A/C in my room was a little loud, the staff was extremely helpful and the rest of the hostel was very quiet! Great location and the staff is willing to point you in the direction of anything you need. I would definitely recommend this place!

I've stayed at five other hostels in Taipei before, and this one is my favorite. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (one even dug through trash to help me find something I lost), the facilities were good, and the atmosphere was great. Out of all the hostels I've been to, this one had the most social people and atmosphere. If you need a quiet place to study or chill out, they have that too.

Really nice people are working at the hostel, if I'm visiting Taipei again, this is the hostel I'll be going!

• 19th Jul 2014

Staffs were really helpful and kind! I could spend fantastic time in Taipei.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Japan

A very good place to hang out and to meet new people. The staff there is also very friendly.

• 16th Jul 2014

We had a wonderful stay in Taipei at the Eight Elephants which is a lovely hostel with very nice staff members, very clean facilities, and with a cute interior decoration :) All the nice little things, like the welcoming note, biscuits,... made it perfect. There was only the quite noisy A.C. which was a bit ennoying, so we turned it off at night. But thanks to the fan even that was not such a big problem. All in all we had a pleasant time and would definitely choose the hostel for our next stay!

• 15th Jul 2014

EE is a great low key place to hang out. The inside of EE is very well kept with warm lighting which puts you at ease. Be careful though, don't spend too much time inside or you'll miss the rest of Taipei.

You can communicate with other country's person. Almost young people

• 12th Jul 2014
  • China

The beds are hard, i had trouble getting some sleep.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

We're very sorry that the bed was too hard for you. Since everyone has different preference about beds, we would like our guests to tell us the complains during their stay so that we could help you asap. We could have made some adjustments, either to change to another available rooms with softer beds or add an extra soft mattress on your bed. We hope other than this you still had a good experience staying here. We still hope you stay with us another time. We will arrange something softer for you

Extremely social vibe every night when the travellers congregate at the common area. Made friends here and this place was very cosy. Korean and HK people made the most impression on me here.

I really enjoyed my stay. Thanks for keeping such a nice hostel!

• 7th Jul 2014

Location was good, close to a metro station. But the place itself can be rather hard due to the numerous alleys there. Staff working at the hostel were friendly and approachable! Other residents staying there were friendly too.

• 3rd Jul 2014