Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

I can only recommend this hostel. Staff super friendly and helpful. Everything also very clean. Athmosphere was great when i was there, met many nice people. It's also possible to have quiet time though. I always felt like home when i came back.

• 14th Dec 2014

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean. This is one of my favorite neighborhood in Taipei. Good transportation. 2 minor things I'd suggest are to change the room locks to more secure ones, and change room doors to block noise. I had a great time staying with them. I definitely recommend it.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed at Eight Elephants for around 2 weeks and I loved it! With no itinerary in mind, I had met awesome people from all around the world and always had something to do. Eight Elephants's location is extremely convenient right next to the MRT station with 24/7 7-11 convenience stores. The staff is awesome, they are always there to help you out and give you suggestions, and maybe even teach you to salsa! The place is very clean as it is cleaned every morning. I am definitely coming back!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel staff are great and very friendly. But if you happen to be staying there with boisterous young men who want to party then you may not get any sleep. The social lounge area is right next to the dorms in the basement. The sign states no noise after 12...which from my experience with hostels is very late near the dorm areas. Normally it would be about 10pm. Having said that it is Taiwan and people wake up earlier in general and kick on later. Great hostel for expats.

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. The staff was very welcoming and the rooms very clean. The only thing was that during the night it was a bit noisy, probably the aircondition,..

• 14th Nov 2014

Very convenient location located within 5 minute's walk to the nearest subway. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean. There is a cozy lounge area for people to meet and mingle. Great place to meet people from all over the world. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay, would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

The double room was a bit costly for what you get. I would suggest lowering the price by $3-$5 USD.

• 8th Nov 2014

Everyone is very friendly and helpfull. Cool vibe and clean place too ! Hard to leave the place !

• 5th Nov 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights with 4 other friends and we all agree on that it's the best one we've stayed at so far! The staff was lovely and helpful, rooms fresh and clean and the location is just a short walk from Guting station. The atmosphere at EE

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

loved staying at this place (wish I could have stayed more than the 2 nights I did and will definitely stay here again when I'm in Taipei). it's a really charming and quirky place but above all has a really cosy and warm atmosphere, where the staff and friends are all guests. In two days I already felt really comfortable there and had a great time. Keep up the good work :)

• 27th Oct 2014
  • jonathan_chow889834

Stayed in private room. Very friendly hostel in a clean and quiet location. Unfortunately, not too much going on in the area, but it is close to the train and easy to get around from there, and there is a local night market. Hostel itself is also clean and quiet, and very cozy. Basic accommodations. Always at least one very helpful staff member on site; frequently see someone cleaning. Appreciate that they always keep their main gate locked and closed, and that it has a mesh screen.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff are extremely friendly and a great crew to hang out with. The location is a little hard to find at first, but still very convenient - close to the subway station, train station and night market. If you enjoy early night rest, don't stay in the dorms since they're right next to the common room. The private rooms are more suited to peace and quiet. Definitely recommended!

Staff are helpful and nice. I had a good stay. Thx! 加油!

Lovely hostel, warm atmosphere

Best hostel I've stayed in so far (out of half a year spent in different hostels), very friendly staff and a great atmosphere in the common room. Can only recommend it!

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Really knowledgeable about the city and what to do. Hostel was spotless and cleaned frequently. Good chilled out vibe, very sociable but not a party hostel. Couple of longer term guests which is always a good sign and I'd definitely go back were I in Taipei again.

A great hostel! Helpful and friendly staff. A great location in terms of being so close to a metro stop and to being in an interesting and central part of the city.

I stayed single room for 4 nights 5 days. I think it's very cozy hostel . staffs are very friendly and room was well maintained. common facili also clean. initially I worry if the hostel is noisy during night time. but I could sleep well everynight. nobody make noise. the hostel is located just 3 min away from Guting MRT station. so it's very convenient to go anywhere. I will choose this hostel if I visit Taipei again.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Japan

The staff at EE were amazing, super friendly and quick to offer tips/advice on things to do :) Great atmosphere in the hostel and perfect for meeting other travelers. I can highly recommend staying at EE for your time in Taipei!

Absolutely spotless, great atmosphere and amazing, friendly staff, could not recommend more!

« first « Prev 1 2 3