Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. The staff was very welcoming and the rooms very clean. The only thing was that during the night it was a bit noisy, probably the aircondition,..

• 14th Nov 2014

The double room was a bit costly for what you get. I would suggest lowering the price by $3-$5 USD.

• 8th Nov 2014

Everyone is very friendly and helpfull. Cool vibe and clean place too ! Hard to leave the place !

• 5th Nov 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights with 4 other friends and we all agree on that it's the best one we've stayed at so far! The staff was lovely and helpful, rooms fresh and clean and the location is just a short walk from Guting station. The atmosphere at EE

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

loved staying at this place (wish I could have stayed more than the 2 nights I did and will definitely stay here again when I'm in Taipei). it's a really charming and quirky place but above all has a really cosy and warm atmosphere, where the staff and friends are all guests. In two days I already felt really comfortable there and had a great time. Keep up the good work :)

• 27th Oct 2014
  • jonathan_chow889834

Stayed in private room. Very friendly hostel in a clean and quiet location. Unfortunately, not too much going on in the area, but it is close to the train and easy to get around from there, and there is a local night market. Hostel itself is also clean and quiet, and very cozy. Basic accommodations. Always at least one very helpful staff member on site; frequently see someone cleaning. Appreciate that they always keep their main gate locked and closed, and that it has a mesh screen.

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at! The staff are extremely friendly and a great crew to hang out with. The location is a little hard to find at first, but still very convenient - close to the subway station, train station and night market. If you enjoy early night rest, don't stay in the dorms since they're right next to the common room. The private rooms are more suited to peace and quiet. Definitely recommended!

Staff are helpful and nice. I had a good stay. Thx! 加油!

Lovely hostel, warm atmosphere

Best hostel I've stayed in so far (out of half a year spent in different hostels), very friendly staff and a great atmosphere in the common room. Can only recommend it!

Staff were super friendly and helpful. Really knowledgeable about the city and what to do. Hostel was spotless and cleaned frequently. Good chilled out vibe, very sociable but not a party hostel. Couple of longer term guests which is always a good sign and I'd definitely go back were I in Taipei again.

A great hostel! Helpful and friendly staff. A great location in terms of being so close to a metro stop and to being in an interesting and central part of the city.

I stayed single room for 4 nights 5 days. I think it's very cozy hostel . staffs are very friendly and room was well maintained. common facili also clean. initially I worry if the hostel is noisy during night time. but I could sleep well everynight. nobody make noise. the hostel is located just 3 min away from Guting MRT station. so it's very convenient to go anywhere. I will choose this hostel if I visit Taipei again.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Japan

The staff at EE were amazing, super friendly and quick to offer tips/advice on things to do :) Great atmosphere in the hostel and perfect for meeting other travelers. I can highly recommend staying at EE for your time in Taipei!

Absolutely spotless, great atmosphere and amazing, friendly staff, could not recommend more!

I had a very nice stay at Eight Elephants. It's a very homey hostel with a friendly and interactive staff. The location is really excellent, close to transportation, food and bars. The common area functions like a living room and is a good place to meat fellow travelers. There's a good sized kitchen, several communal showers and space to clean and hang-dry your clothes. The dorms are a little small, but you're allowed to leave your back outside of the room if you feel it's necessary

A nice hostel and a decent vibe, I get the feeling that staying in the dorms is a great experience but in the double rooms you're a bit removed, and the washroom/shower in the Dreaming Dragons were a bit gross most of the time. Old peoples shaving razors and used packages all over. The bed was comfortable, and the people we met there were great. I didn't mind it but might try a new place next time.

We’re very sorry that you felt removed when staying in the private room. We truly welcome you to hang out in living room anytime. It is an open space for both people staying in the dorm & private rooms. Our staff also try our best to introduce every guest to meet each other. Just don’t be shy to come! As for the shower & toilet, we clean them everyday. We see cleanliness as the most basic thing we could offer & we would really appreciate if you let us know during your stay to deal with it.

great place, good area, great staff,

Absolutely love Eight Elephants. The staff, facility, and location are well worth the price. The atmosphere is comfortable and fun. It's very calm and relaxed. Everyone is helpful as well. This hostel is close to the Guting metro station so it's convenient. I love going back just to visit now that I've found my own place to live since I've left. Thank you Eight Elephants for a great stay :)

• 15th Aug 2014

I strongly recommend this hostel. It was like home... good staffs and comfortable atmosphere. Also in the perfect location. I would like to visit here once again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3