Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

I've stayed at five other hostels in Taipei before, and this one is my favorite. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (one even dug through trash to help me find something I lost), the facilities were good, and the atmosphere was great. Out of all the hostels I've been to, this one had the most social people and atmosphere. If you need a quiet place to study or chill out, they have that too.

Really nice people are working at the hostel, if I'm visiting Taipei again, this is the hostel I'll be going!

• 19th Jul 2014

Staffs were really helpful and kind! I could spend fantastic time in Taipei.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Japan

A very good place to hang out and to meet new people. The staff there is also very friendly.

• 16th Jul 2014

EE is a great low key place to hang out. The inside of EE is very well kept with warm lighting which puts you at ease. Be careful though, don't spend too much time inside or you'll miss the rest of Taipei.

You can communicate with other country's person. Almost young people

• 12th Jul 2014
  • China

The beds are hard, i had trouble getting some sleep.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

We're very sorry that the bed was too hard for you. Since everyone has different preference about beds, we would like our guests to tell us the complains during their stay so that we could help you asap. We could have made some adjustments, either to change to another available rooms with softer beds or add an extra soft mattress on your bed. We hope other than this you still had a good experience staying here. We still hope you stay with us another time. We will arrange something softer for you

I really enjoyed my stay. Thanks for keeping such a nice hostel!

• 7th Jul 2014

Location was good, close to a metro station. But the place itself can be rather hard due to the numerous alleys there. Staff working at the hostel were friendly and approachable! Other residents staying there were friendly too.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The staff is amazingly friendly and they really know how to create a good and cozy vibe. It's a great place to meet new people from all over the world and play some music!

I stayed at the hostel twice during my whirlwind trip in Asia. The hostel is both cozy and social. People tend to congregate around the common area and you get to meet travelers from all over the world. Would definitely recommend for solo travelers who enjoy making friends!

Sara, Karen, and the rest of the staff are excellent hosts and entertainers. Very friendly and knowledgable and always happy to help you. A wonderful environment too!

Recently upgraded to key card for front door instead of key. Staff is fantastic, very nice and informative. Location is very convenient. Price is high but worth it

The staff here are friendly, helpful and speak perfect English. Eight Elephants has great location and an unbeatable atmosphere. I highly recommend it!

Eight elephants was so laid-back, social, and fun. The staff was really kind and helpful, giving us an explanation of Taipei with customized map on arrival. The beds were comfy with good a/c - in fact we overslept because of this. Many guests are longer stay (for a reason). Highly recommend

Staff are amazingly helpful, friendly, fun people. It's the only hostel I stayed at where the staff invited me (and other guests) to go out to see some music! Super clean, and location is just about the best for visiting Taipei.

I love this place, because it's not only the best hostel, its the best place I've stayed. I'd even rather stay here again than in a 5 stars hotel, because you'll never meet such lovely people at any hotel. I really do not wonder anymore about long term guest staying there over several month... because I became one myself xD Over my time here it became my second home. This City is awesome this hostel is awesome and the best are the people around here. I'll miss you all ;(

Eight Elephants provides a conductive environment for meeting and greeting. A little too much of that meeting and greeting will be with fellow Westerners (myself included), the area encompassing the hostel has a large foreign community. Besides its rightful popularity, Eight Elephants is without flaw. Although, opening the front door preplexed me at first, but that flaw is embarrassingly my own.

We will make sure our new guests know how to open the front door in the future! Thank you for your opinion!

This is THE BEST HOSTEL I STAYED at, EVER. I've been in more than 30 countries and hundreds of hostels, and Eight Elephants is by far the best hostel I stayed at. The staff is great, fun and nice yet extremely professional. The hostel is impeccably clean, and the toilets and showers are scrubbed thoroughly every day. The atmosphere by is fun and exciting yet mellow and chill at the same time. I will return to this hostel whenever I'm in Taipei! (blankets are a bit short for tall people)

every staffs are awesome!The room was also comfortable for me! I do wanna back there someday :-)

• 8th May 2014