Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

I stayed at Dreaming Dragon for a week while I looked for an apartment to stay in while I'm a student here. It is a great location for people moving here to study at NTNU. It is close to the university, the MRT, and a lot of cool restaurants and cafes. It is a small hostel but it is very well maintained and the staff is very friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

got a single bedroom. it was clean, smelled nice, simple bed with one pillow which i did not really mind. nice and friendly (and pretty!) staff. they decorated the hostel with handwritten letters and elephant caricatures, even the toilets. nearby 7-11 and Guting MRT station. quite difficult to find though. if i go back to taiwan, i would definitely stay here again. theres a guitar AND a ukulele at the lobby!

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Philippines

Staff are awesome :D

• 15th Jul 2015

hostel was awesome to stay at. Its a real cool place to be able to unwind and just chill out at! the staff are all awesome and always able to help you out!

Great service, very helpful staff, helped me fixing all my issues (sickness, cancelled flight, ...)! Very happy about the stay at your hostel!!

Didn't spend a whole lot of time here, but the staff was very friendly. Mattress a bit too thin for me, they could use a new bunk bed.

I had a great time at Eight Elephants Hostel. It was very clean, and the amenities provided (including kitchen space, shower, recreation space, etc) were top notch for the price. I was in a mixed-gender shared dorm room, which was fine -- the other guests were also friendly and polite. The staff were very helpful, and even refunded my room when I decided to cut my stay short by two days. Overall I would highly recommend this hostel, especially for travelers who are NTNU (Shida)

The location is great and the staff friendly. Of the hostels I went to, it seemed like the hostel with the most single travelers (as opposed to 3+ friends traveling together). However, the hostel seemed a bit old. The beds were not comfortable. My dorm room had a bit of an odor, what one might term a "chemical" odor (certainly not sewage smell, I suspect maybe AC coolant?). The bathroom and shower facilities were okay, but very cramped and weren't very "modern"?

1人旅で2泊3日滞在しました。親切なスタッフが常に共有スペースにいるので、分からないことは何でも質問できます。また、夜は誰かしら宿泊者が共有スペースにいるので、話もでき、1人でも寂しくありません。ただ、スタッフとは会話は英語or中国語、その他の宿泊者はだいたい英語+母国語を話すので、英語が全く話せない人は、厳しいです。 Single roomを使用しましたが、建物はdomitoryとは別になります。各部屋、玄関のドア、入り口の門にそれぞれ鍵が付いているので、特にセキュリティの問題はありません。 シャワーは少し出始めるのが遅いですが、お湯は出ます。 check in時に500台湾ドルをdepositとして支払いますが、check ou時に返却されます。 夜23時頃になっても会話が聞こえて少し気になるときはありますが、それ以外は雰囲気も掃除もきれいにされているので、とても快適です。次回もまた泊まりたいと思えるhostelです。

• 24th May 2015
  • Japan

Really enjoyed this hostel. The twin room had great A/C and was spacious enough. Very convenient location that was close to the metro and good food options nearby

The guys there are so nice and polite~I'm so lucky to have my vacation in eight elephant~

• 3rd May 2015
  • China

This review is for both DD and EE, which unfortunately should be reviewed separately. I stayed at DD for 5 nights and EE for 2. I would agree with another reviewer and say that if you want a more authentic "hostel" experience with other travelers then do not choose DD. It was pretty dead when I arrived. EE unfortunately isn't ideal either. Pros: reputation brings diverse travelers, staff are helpful. Cons: old mattresses, no bedside desk area to hold pocket items, glasses, etc. while sleeping.

I stayed in one of the twin rooms. The room was small, but not a big deal. It would have been nice to have had some towel racks or some place to store luggage in the room. The bed was a little stiff, but it has been a while since I've stayed in a hostel, so perhaps my expectations were high. In terms of the feel of the hostel, it was very nice. It had all of the elements of a nice hostel. It was clean, safe, friendly, and in a decent location to the MRT.

I stayed at this hostel for 4 nights in the twin room. It's very comfortable and worth. There're some restaurants and 711 nearby.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Thailand

The staff is awesome and everyone there is backpacking and open to do things together. The value for money is great since it is a very cheap option and you get what you need for that price: a bed, wifi and good people. Even though it is not located near the 101 it is very close to the Guting Station and metro in Taipei works perfectly.

Good atmosphere for 2 people ! Good Staff.

This hostel is cozy though kind of small. But they have provided almost everything that a traveller would need. Staffs are kind and friendly. The toilets and showers are clean too.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Taiwan

This hostel is small and amazing. I had such a great experience. Staff are friendly and very helpful. They can help find pretty much anything you need to get to in Taipei. The rooms were nice and it was overly clean so didn't have to worry!!! Great location- very close to the subway stop!

This place is so cozy! Feels more like a home than a hostel. Everything was clean, rooms were well air conditioned and the staff were incredibly friendly. Will definitely be staying again next time I'm in Taipei!

I believed that living in Eight Elephants would be much more fun with better atmosphere than in Dream Dragon. Yes, there are two separate houses actually and the staff and dorms style room are mainly in Eight Elephants. If you are looking for a private and quiet living place, Dream Dragon is recommended. Otherwise you may enjoyed being in the crowd and chatting with dorm-mates until mid night. The hostel is really hard to find for first-time visitors, prepare a map and ask anyone may help.

• 27th Mar 2015