Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

I strongly recommend this hostel. It was like home... good staffs and comfortable atmosphere. Also in the perfect location. I would like to visit here once again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Enjoyed my stay very much : )

Gates lock automatically, access cards were provided. Lockers and locks were available for free, although I felt safe leaving my laptop by the bedside! A 5 minutes (unsheltered!) walk from the train station amidst residential blocks. Takes a while to find for the first time. Not the most accessible, but great if you like peace and quiet! Staff and guests alike were friendly and amiable, and really interesting people. I had great fun at EE; definitely a highlight of my trip.

While the A/C in my room was a little loud, the staff was extremely helpful and the rest of the hostel was very quiet! Great location and the staff is willing to point you in the direction of anything you need. I would definitely recommend this place!

I've stayed at five other hostels in Taipei before, and this one is my favorite. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (one even dug through trash to help me find something I lost), the facilities were good, and the atmosphere was great. Out of all the hostels I've been to, this one had the most social people and atmosphere. If you need a quiet place to study or chill out, they have that too.

Really nice people are working at the hostel, if I'm visiting Taipei again, this is the hostel I'll be going!

• 19th Jul 2014

Staffs were really helpful and kind! I could spend fantastic time in Taipei.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Japan

A very good place to hang out and to meet new people. The staff there is also very friendly.

• 16th Jul 2014

We had a wonderful stay in Taipei at the Eight Elephants which is a lovely hostel with very nice staff members, very clean facilities, and with a cute interior decoration :) All the nice little things, like the welcoming note, biscuits,... made it perfect. There was only the quite noisy A.C. which was a bit ennoying, so we turned it off at night. But thanks to the fan even that was not such a big problem. All in all we had a pleasant time and would definitely choose the hostel for our next stay!

• 15th Jul 2014

EE is a great low key place to hang out. The inside of EE is very well kept with warm lighting which puts you at ease. Be careful though, don't spend too much time inside or you'll miss the rest of Taipei.

You can communicate with other country's person. Almost young people

• 12th Jul 2014
  • China

The beds are hard, i had trouble getting some sleep.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

We're very sorry that the bed was too hard for you. Since everyone has different preference about beds, we would like our guests to tell us the complains during their stay so that we could help you asap. We could have made some adjustments, either to change to another available rooms with softer beds or add an extra soft mattress on your bed. We hope other than this you still had a good experience staying here. We still hope you stay with us another time. We will arrange something softer for you

I really enjoyed my stay. Thanks for keeping such a nice hostel!

• 7th Jul 2014

Location was good, close to a metro station. But the place itself can be rather hard due to the numerous alleys there. Staff working at the hostel were friendly and approachable! Other residents staying there were friendly too.

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Singapore

The staff is amazingly friendly and they really know how to create a good and cozy vibe. It's a great place to meet new people from all over the world and play some music!

I stayed at the hostel twice during my whirlwind trip in Asia. The hostel is both cozy and social. People tend to congregate around the common area and you get to meet travelers from all over the world. Would definitely recommend for solo travelers who enjoy making friends!

Sara, Karen, and the rest of the staff are excellent hosts and entertainers. Very friendly and knowledgable and always happy to help you. A wonderful environment too!

Recently upgraded to key card for front door instead of key. Staff is fantastic, very nice and informative. Location is very convenient. Price is high but worth it

The staff here are friendly, helpful and speak perfect English. Eight Elephants has great location and an unbeatable atmosphere. I highly recommend it!

Eight elephants was so laid-back, social, and fun. The staff was really kind and helpful, giving us an explanation of Taipei with customized map on arrival. The beds were comfy with good a/c - in fact we overslept because of this. Many guests are longer stay (for a reason). Highly recommend