Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel

Superb 1369 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
8th Jul 2017
6.3

The location is good. However it's hidden in a small alley and I was lost coupke of times on my way back. I stayed in private room which is in next building. The room has odd smell, the air conditioner make smoe noise. The shower room is super small. The only good thing is the host is very friendly.

Thanks for your review. We are so sorry for the experience. We have tried our best to improve whatever we can. We checked the smell in the room and didn't find the odd smell. There is at least 1 window in every room of our hostel. We will make sure the window keep open to make the air fresh before every guest checks in. Thanks for remind us of the smell. We located in a very local residential area, not next to big commercial street, and that's what most of the travelers like about us. (being able to explore local neighborhood and having metro station only three min. walk away ) A carefully designed local map is always provided upon guest arrival. We are enthusiastic about providing orientation no matter where travelers would love to go. Thank you for the reminder that we now will remind guest of locally alley way systems better. Also thanks for your encouragement that we are friendly, we love traveling and sharing the tourist information about Taiwan. Look forward to seeing you again. Once again, thanks for your review and make us improve the quality.

4th Jul 2017

Staff were super friendly. Place also felt home-like and cozy!

• USA, Female, 41+
30th Jun 2017

Lovely. Don't forget to get a key fob at check in. I was locked out and lucky that another guest returned to rescue me.

• Canada, Male, 41+
2nd May 2017

Great location. Friendly and helpful staff. Good social atmosphere, but illumination is a bit dark.

29th Apr 2017

We had a great stay. Most of all the location was excellent and Karen was very helpful to help us check-in late or to give us informations. The hostel is surrounded by many food options and well connected with the MRT just close by and a night market within walking distance. Staying at this hostel surely helped us have a great experience in our Taiwan holidays. I highly recommend it!

5th Mar 2017

I had to cancel my stay. My mother developed bone cancer & rushed home to support her. but stayed there last year & loved it.

Wish you all the best : )

• Singapore, Female, 25-30
4th Mar 2017
7.7

The staff is very friendly, she welcomed us in and provided us with a small map around the area. Facilities are relatively old e.g. aircon is inefficient and noisy; water tap is leaking water but not affecting the use . One thing definitely needs to improve is that the bath towel which looks like having been reused for years, it looks yellowish and has an unpleasant smell on it.

Thanks for your review, we will improve whatever we can :-)

3rd Mar 2017

This hostel was so cute and clean! This hostel had a very charming vibe with all its cute decorations. It was also one of the cleanest and coziest I've ever stayed. Always good music playing in living room. Location was convenient- near the train, near many restaurants (both cheap street food, fancy vegetarian places), and a big park to go exercise. Able to wash clothes and use the kitchen. Free tea! Overall, I would highly recommend this place. Friendly, helpful staff and comfy place to stay

It was really nice to meet you :D

25th Feb 2017

Wow. Maybe the best hostel I've ever stayed at. It felt like home upon sitting down on the couch in the lounge. Quiet jazz on at all times. Karen is out of this world hospitable and accommodating and just plain cool. Multiple times she helped me after I'd been thoughtless, with a smile. I would move in if I could. You should for at least a few days :)

Glad that you enjoyed my music ;)

10th Feb 2017

I really enjoyed my stay here, very cozy atmosphere that was extremly clean and organized. Staff was also very kind and helpful.