Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

Staff was really nice and helpful, place is nice and clean. Can get in touch with a lot of travelers and meet new people. It is located in a very convenient area where you can get almost everything. Ideal for students due to its proximity to the universities.

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Spain

We are touring on bicycles and this was no problem to keep them at the hostel, which is also on the ground floor. The staff are very helpful and relaxed. We liked the location - plenty of good food around and close to the MRT and the riverside. The hostel was easy to find - we'd use it again if we came back to Taipei.

Although i arrived late, i received a great check in detailing where things were and the staff were helpful with any questions i had. This place is immaculately clean but still retains some great character and charm. Its easy to meet people in the common area. Nice neighbourhood close to the metro only 3 stops from taipei main station. Highly recommended.

Wonderful! Great location and environment, friendly atmosphere. Some of the all staffs speak English, some of them can also speak Chinese.

• 9th Jan 2015
  • China

Friendly and welcoming environment. Very clean and well managed. It was a little difficult to find, for a first timer to Taiwan. Make sure you write down accurate directions before landing.

• 8th Jan 2015

A very clean hostel with a nice atmosphere. Just outside is a street where you can get all kinds of food, from dumplings to beef noodle soup. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who is planning to visit Taipei.

Nice hostel, we enjoyed our stay.

Had the best time and met the best people here, staff included. I will definitely stay here again when I come back to Taipei!

5 bed bugs crawling over my boyfriend's bed in the dorm and left him with bites. When he killed them, we could see the blood they left on the sheets. We moved out immediately and they gave us a full refund (unfortunately it was NYE and hard for us to find another place) . I think the staff does their job to clean the facilities but they should really not wait for something like that to happen before calling the exterminators in.

We’re really sorry about this situation. We already cleared the bed and the exterminators also came to deal with this problem the day you checked out. You’re right, since bed bugs are really hard to prevent, in the future, we will check our beds more regularly, and to stop this kind of situation happens again. Thank you for your opinion and hope your boyfriend recovers well.

The staff is amazing! They are super friendly and they always go out of their way to help you out. They give the best suggestions as to what to do around the city. The place is unnecessarily clean. The staff cleans the hostel throughly every day. The place in general is very welcoming and cozy. After a long day of walking around, I always looked forward to coming back so I can lounge around the public living space and chat with the staff and other travelers. I will definitely be back!

• 28th Dec 2014

This hostel is excellent for travellers looking for a cozy space to stay. The hostel itself is very small, so it has a very homey feel to it. I recommend staying here during the winter because Taiwan does not have heating, but since the dorms in this hostel are in the basement, it's very warm. Renee was great, but the other staff were a bit cold at times. There is a ton of information that you can find on Taiwan at the hostel, and the location is extremely convenient.

The staffs and atmosphere in eight elephants are excellent. They are very nice and helpful, and I would like to thanks them for waiting me check in til 1:30 a.m. because my flight arrived Taipei very late that night. Although the location is not very easy to find, there is still very close to the Taipei metro station alone with a 7-11.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Macau

This place was great! Very close to the metro, easy to get to the airport by public transportation, although a tiny bit tricky for my cab driver to find coming from the airport. The staff were helpful and friendly, the place is beautiful and cozy, and the dorm did not feel cramped and was very comfortable.

Stayed in EE for 6 nights and had a great time! Amazing staff, helped me find food and places to go see but were also always there for a chat or up for whatever. Thanks also to my man Ben, only one thing to say, what a guy! The kindest and friendliest person ever! Definitely make EE your hostel when you visit taipei and make sure to meet Ben :D what a guy!

• 14th Dec 2014

I can only recommend this hostel. Staff super friendly and helpful. Everything also very clean. Athmosphere was great when i was there, met many nice people. It's also possible to have quiet time though. I always felt like home when i came back.

• 14th Dec 2014

Real nice hostel, homely and friendly nd helpfull staff Its only a little bit difficult find. Owand there is free wifi around the city tpa or something, just ask the tourist info place at the airport :)

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are very clean. This is one of my favorite neighborhood in Taipei. Good transportation. 2 minor things I'd suggest are to change the room locks to more secure ones, and change room doors to block noise. I had a great time staying with them. I definitely recommend it.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

I stayed at Eight Elephants for around 2 weeks and I loved it! With no itinerary in mind, I had met awesome people from all around the world and always had something to do. Eight Elephants's location is extremely convenient right next to the MRT station with 24/7 7-11 convenience stores. The staff is awesome, they are always there to help you out and give you suggestions, and maybe even teach you to salsa! The place is very clean as it is cleaned every morning. I am definitely coming back!

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Taiwan

The hostel staff are great and very friendly. But if you happen to be staying there with boisterous young men who want to party then you may not get any sleep. The social lounge area is right next to the dorms in the basement. The sign states no noise after 12...which from my experience with hostels is very late near the dorm areas. Normally it would be about 10pm. Having said that it is Taiwan and people wake up earlier in general and kick on later. Great hostel for expats.

We really enjoyed our stay in this hostel. The staff was very welcoming and the rooms very clean. The only thing was that during the night it was a bit noisy, probably the aircondition,..

• 14th Nov 2014