Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

Its like being home! Great layout! Amazing staff! Awesome hostel!

I only stayed for one night but it was definitely one of the best (if not the best) hostel I've stayed at. Super clean, really comfortable, and the staff are amazing.

• 3rd May 2014

Thought it was great. The staff are very nice, the atmosphere is very homey and relaxed, and the location's in a cool student neighborhood I otherwise might've missed out on. Highly recommend.

• 30th Apr 2014

One of the more 'homely' hostels I stayed in while in Asia, the place had a pretty good atmosphere. There were quite a few long-term residents of the hostel staying there at the same time as myself, so the place was rather less raucous than many other places I stayed, for better, for worse. Good kitchen facilities were present, and cleanliness was, on the whole, very good (apart from a slight problem in one of the dorms which the hostel was working very hard to rectify). 7.5/10

大致上都很不錯,地點很方便,房間很乾淨,只是房間的空氣有點悶和插座距離床位有點遠。

Sorry for delay! Everything was amazing except for the room was a little wet, but I think it was weather's fault not yours:)

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

A cozy hostel with helpful staffs!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Kind of hard to find the first time visiting. The staff is nice, atmosphere is cozy, but shower water temperature is too hot for me and cannot be adjusted. The hostel is quite clean, except for a very little bit moldy smell in the bedding -- although I suppose that most people wouldn't notice that -- my sensitive nose is to blame. :-) Overall, this hostel is a great choice if you're to make friends with other backpackers!

We could actually adjust the shower temperature! Come stay with us another time we will adjust for youuu :)

I've stayed at Eight Elephants several times because of its incredible staff. Great location and there is always a great group of people to hang out with. If you're looking for a good way to experience Taipei, Eight Elephants is a great starting point!

Really loved this Hostel. Will go there again when go Taipei again. Staff really nice.

Very noisy,bed was so hard,complex,but staff very friendly.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your advises : ) We'll try our best to make here a better place.

Close to public transportation ,quiet ,clean,and safe place to stay.

• 25th Feb 2014

Great, cozy place, no complaints!

It was my 2nd stay at the EE and again everything was perfect. Nice staff, good accommodation and a lovely atmosphere. Especially the living room is great and it's almost impossible not to start talking to the other guests or the always nice and helpful staff. I can highly recommend the place. Just I have to say that it can be difficult to find since it is in a side street and doesn't have much of a sign, so better have a map ready and look for the elephants stickers on the entrance.

1) It provides a cozy environment. They have better facilities, cozy sofa, kitchen, washing machine, and book shelf. 2) Location is near MRT, but it takes time to find it out as they locates a little bit far from main road, around 15 mins walking. 3) Staff service is OK. I remembered the first day i was doing check in, but they couldn't remember me. One of female staff is not patient to answer my questions but more interested in flirting with male tenants. 4) Single private room is very nosy.

Nothing much to say, my staying was very nice but maybe you should set up some "activities" to get people know each other. I mean, sometimes at night, people were on their laptop/smartphone instead of chatting or going outside take a drink. I travel alone and I was surprised people were poorly motivated to go out and mainly stay at the hostel at night for movies/reading/...

• 25th Jan 2014