Eight Elephants & Dreaming Dragon Hostel Reviews

1F, No.6, Alley 4, Lane 48, JinJiang St., ShiDa,Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan

every staffs are awesome!The room was also comfortable for me! I do wanna back there someday :-)

• 8th May 2014
  • Japan

I found the hostel really NOISY at night. All from other guests who took no notice of the Quiet after midnight sign on the wall. On 3 of my 5 nights there was loud talking/some shouting/music in the kitchen area, once until well after 2 a.m. I was pretty surprised at the lack of sensitivity towards any guests who possible needed to sleep at night, rather than party.

• 7th May 2014

We're very sorry that it was noisy during your stay. Sometimes our guests are having a good time and don't realize how late it is. We believe most of the backpacking travelers are respectful to others. If someone could express their thoughts and tell them to be more quiet, they would soon stop making more noises and respect other guests' right to sleep. As our staff, we will also make sure we notify our guests to be quiet after midnight in the future. Thank you for your opinion!

Overall a good place to stay, with friendly atmosphere. Shower was a bit awkward to use, and there was a lot of water leaking from basin tap. Was handy having hot water and tea on hand, and acces to kitchen facilities.

• 7th May 2014

Love these trouble makers! My one suggestion is to (permitting you're not fully booked) check in with guests to see if they want to extend their stay. Many travellers go day by day. A couple times I lost my bed. Either way I know it's 50-50 on this, it would just be nice for us disorganized folks. Either way the place is full of lovely staff, it's clean and homy. Get a couple more hostel activities going though! Love you guys.

Its like being home! Great layout! Amazing staff! Awesome hostel!

I only stayed for one night but it was definitely one of the best (if not the best) hostel I've stayed at. Super clean, really comfortable, and the staff are amazing.

• 3rd May 2014

Thought it was great. The staff are very nice, the atmosphere is very homey and relaxed, and the location's in a cool student neighborhood I otherwise might've missed out on. Highly recommend.

• 30th Apr 2014

One of the more 'homely' hostels I stayed in while in Asia, the place had a pretty good atmosphere. There were quite a few long-term residents of the hostel staying there at the same time as myself, so the place was rather less raucous than many other places I stayed, for better, for worse. Good kitchen facilities were present, and cleanliness was, on the whole, very good (apart from a slight problem in one of the dorms which the hostel was working very hard to rectify). 7.5/10

大致上都很不錯,地點很方便,房間很乾淨,只是房間的空氣有點悶和插座距離床位有點遠。

Sorry for delay! Everything was amazing except for the room was a little wet, but I think it was weather's fault not yours:)

• 6th Apr 2014
  • China

A cozy hostel with helpful staffs!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

Kind of hard to find the first time visiting. The staff is nice, atmosphere is cozy, but shower water temperature is too hot for me and cannot be adjusted. The hostel is quite clean, except for a very little bit moldy smell in the bedding -- although I suppose that most people wouldn't notice that -- my sensitive nose is to blame. :-) Overall, this hostel is a great choice if you're to make friends with other backpackers!

We could actually adjust the shower temperature! Come stay with us another time we will adjust for youuu :)

I've stayed at Eight Elephants several times because of its incredible staff. Great location and there is always a great group of people to hang out with. If you're looking for a good way to experience Taipei, Eight Elephants is a great starting point!

Really loved this Hostel. Will go there again when go Taipei again. Staff really nice.

Very noisy,bed was so hard,complex,but staff very friendly.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Malaysia

Thanks for your advises : ) We'll try our best to make here a better place.

Close to public transportation ,quiet ,clean,and safe place to stay.

• 25th Feb 2014

Great, cozy place, no complaints!

It was my 2nd stay at the EE and again everything was perfect. Nice staff, good accommodation and a lovely atmosphere. Especially the living room is great and it's almost impossible not to start talking to the other guests or the always nice and helpful staff. I can highly recommend the place. Just I have to say that it can be difficult to find since it is in a side street and doesn't have much of a sign, so better have a map ready and look for the elephants stickers on the entrance.

1 2 Next » last »