El Gualicho Hostel - HI Reviews

Marcos A. Zar 480, Puerto Madryn, Argentina

My boyfriend and I stayed here for several nights in a private room. The staff was very friendly with all of our questions and gave great recommendations for dining. The fridge was jam packed and full of uncovered food, but overall the kitchen was fine. The courtyard was nice to relax in - especially the hammocks, and an added bonus was the apricot tree was in season while we were there!

But expensive but great location staff are helpful, very clean with great facilities

Quite simply one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. Certainly the cleanest. Great facilities and huge comfortable common areas, including an outside garden with hammocks. Even sold locally made craft beer! Great location, helpful staff, a real comfortable time here! Muchos gracias amigos!

The rooms are large and clean, the hostel offers activities (whale watching peninsula Valdes etc…). There is a pool table and a nice little garden with hammocks. The kitchen is wide. The staff is really nice and helpful. The hostel is at 10mn walk from the bus station and from the sea.

Beautiful and spacious hostel, offering both indoor and outdoor areas to relax. The hostel staff were incredibly helpful and conversational. When you check out they hold your luggage and provide both use of bathroom AND shower! Great location near downtown where all the best food is.

Very good location and the staff is excellent. Breakfast is very limited, would be nice to have some fruit, eggs or medialunas etc.

• 1st Nov 2015

The staff at the hostel are fantastic - I became ill during my stay and the lovely female receptionist translated all my symptoms and directed my to the best doctor! We stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room was large and comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. There was not a huge amount of atmosphere in the hostel but that can be expected of a hostel in Patagonia. The kitchen was well stocked and the TV and DVD room was great for a chill out. Would definitely recommend this hostel!!

View all Puerto Madryn Hostels