El Guembe Hostel House Reviews

Avenida Guarani/Esquina Gobernador Lanuse, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

This place is literally just a bed for the night and needs some improvement. The room we sayed in had no windows and I was left with funky red lumps on my skin after staying here. Bed bugs? Very basic kitchen, below average facilities for exmple there are no bowls only plates to eat from. #Dontmakesoup. After eating a poor breakfast we watched a mouse do some exploring around the kitchen too. staff arent freindly and look at you asif you are an annoyance. My advice is dont stay here.

ALL THAT SAYS THIS PERSON IS LYING! Towels hostel took without paying! Not staying in ANOTHER HOSTEL...

Does the job for the night to see argentinian side of falls. Wouldn't recommend for more than a night

Decent enough hostel, though rooms and bathrooms were a bit shabby. Was very close to the bus station at least

Definitely worth the money!

There was no English speaker at the front fesk and it took time to check in. There is no security locker and no key for room. Free breakfast is not as good as other hostels. There were lots of mosquitos in my room so I couldn't sleep well...

We only stayed one night. It's very close to the bus station. They even let us stay all day in the lobby and shower after check-out.

The good thing about this place - is only a location. Our room: I saw blond hair EVERYWHERE on our bed (my color is brown!!!). Floor seemed to be not cleaned for ages. Shower worked from time to time. And the most disgusting thing - after this hostel we begin ITCHING !!!!! For instance, I'm a doctor, and that was for certain LICHEN. Avoid this place, please.

LIE ALL YOU SAY, THE GIRLS ARE ALL DAY CLEANING THE HOSTEL!

Perfect place, located close to the bus terminal, even has a pool, perfect choice fore that money. Very nice.

generally it was okay. atmosphere was nice, but toilets are not good enough. good kitchen faciities. and good breakfast. value for money

The reservation we had in El Guembe Hostel House went south, so we ended up in El Guembe Suites (same owner). The review above is meant for that hostel. Why the not so high rating? - They say there is a bar: there is none - Shared bathrooms without a lock, why do they exist? - Personel hardly spoke English In short: The accomodation had a lot of potention, but a lot of things need the finishing touch. It can be a great hostel, once several small things are taken care of.

There weren´t that many bathrooms. And the bathroom that was used the most, waskind of dirty and smelled bad.

Hostel clean, in the centre and very nice staff. Bedrooms

The staff didn't speak English. Breakfast is very simple with no cheese or ham or fruit, there was only cake, bread, and spreads. There is no microwave but there is an over so a very simple kitchen. Swimming pool and garden area live up to its name. There are a lot better hostels in the area. I wouldn't stay there again.

I'll never understand to stay more nights of ORIGINAL BOOKING if not like the hostel!!!!! 4 NIGHTS WAS HOSTED HERE, THANKS FOR BEING WITH U.S.!

Good location, not far from main station, friendly helpful staff

Apart from the wifi which refused to work (though they had a computer in the lobby which you could use), everything else was great value-for-money. We had 5 people in a 5-bed dorm (60 pesos per pax per night) which had air-conditioning, we could lock up the room, we were able to fully utilize the kitchen and parrilla, the pool was tempting but too cold, they let us leave our bags and use the lockers even after we checked out, and the location (2 blocks from the bus station) was perfect.

View all Puerto Iguazu Hostels