El Patagonico Reviews

O´Higgins 741, Puerto Natales, Chile

Mixed thoughts in that the hostel owner was very good at booking buses for me and we got equipment for the w trek for cheap but we did have an issue with locking our bags away before leaving for the trek. They do lock them away but be sure to do it the night before as we had a not so fantastic argument about it when we were trying to leave for our bus!It was more than a bit awkward and should have been managed better. Otherwise nice place, really comfy beds and good location.

The stay at this hostel overall was very good. The owner was eager to help out with travel plans and gave some good advice on planning details of our trip to Torres del Paine. The only security concern I had was the staff kept spare keys to rooms in the stairwell where anyone who was in the building could get access to them. The rooms were mostly clean and neat. The only thing was the comforter had a small blood strain on it Be very wary of the street parking. Lesson learned the hard way.

The owners are the kindest people ever. They make you feel like a friend and they are full of tips for a visit to Torres del Paine. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 11th Jan 2015

Fantastic place to stay with great, helpful staff! Wonderful place to chill out for a day after patagonia. Wifi slightly spotty at times and no breakfast but a few markets right down the street and great kitchen to cook in with all the essentials provides (oils, spices, tea/coffee, etc). Would definitely recommend staying here!

The owners are really nice people. They help you with information about the Paine's Tower Park. Also I couldn't close my jaquet completely and they solved it, which wasn't that easy. I appreciated it a lot.

Good hostel, they have good quality camping gear for hire at reasonable prices. The owners are really lovely and were extremely helpful.

A great hostel with great staff.

Andres and Monica made our stay very special. They were so sweet, EXTREMELY informative, and very helpful. They helped us book bus tickets, and hooked us up with a nice room post-trek when they heard about our engagement. If we ever go back, we won't stay anywhere else.

• 26th Dec 2014

Very friendly and helpful owners. Cozy communal areas, fully equipped kitchen, lockers for luggage, very clean place. Highly recommend!

Pros: Really clean, nice owner, and good location. Cons: It was tough to sleep as the private room on the first floor could hear every creaking floorboard, everyone talking etc. Also, no breakfast included is a drag. Overall a very nice place to stay, but no the best sleep.

An excellent hostel, in a good location with extremely helpful owners.

Andres was so amazing helping me plan my first solo backpacking trip. He even helped me book my Big Ice tour in El Calafate and all my bus tickets. They also store your stuff for free. The living/dining area and kitchen were always neat and warm. The blankets and beds are super comfy. Hot water always available. Only small cons: Wifi little slow and not available in rooms, breakfast not included, equipment rental maybe not the best quality available in town. But still recommend stayin here!

Great place to stay in Puerto Natales. Centrally located within walking distance of bus station, town center, laundry place, restaurants, etc. The rooms and bathrooms are always clean. What makes this place shine is the staff: the nicest people I've ever met. The owners really care about their guests and are always around to help and offer advice. It's like a home away from home. Thank you so much for a lovely stay. I highly recommend this place. Christina

Very clean and homey. We stayed in the 5 bed dorm, which was extremely roomy. The beds were also incredibly comfortable and big. Bathrooms, kitchen and living areas were all very clean and welcoming. The owners were also super helpful in helping orient us to the Torres del Paine experience. Located about 15 min walking from the bus terminal.

Nice hostel with everything you need to get you geared up for Torres del Paine or to rest afterwards. The owner is super friendly and knowledegable about your onward travels and will book everything for you!

Probably the best hostel we have ever stayed in! Beds are super comfy, lovely kitchen area which is very well equipped - there are even spices and all the basics for cooking! Nice hang out space too with tv, DVDs, board games and even a wii! Andres and Monica are so lovely and helpful, they will tell you all you need to know about Torres del Paine and rent you camping equipment too. We were so sad to leave, thank you for everything!

• 30th Nov 2014
  • AliceTravels

Everything was perfect! Thank you Andres and Monica, I hope to be back :)

• 28th Nov 2014

Great location, comfy beds, hot showers and a wealth of trekking knowledge. This hostel has everything you need when planning and returning from a stint in the Torres del Paine National Park. Andreas the owner is full of info regarding all things trekking and helped us plan our trip and rented us top quality gear. Stay here for a great Patagonian experience!

• 26th Nov 2014

bright colours, welcoming staff, good location, nice common area and a comfortable room (our double bed was obviously newly renovated), what else you want? definitely a good place to stay

The hostel is run by a really friendly, helpful couple who genuinely seem to want everyone to have a good time. They helped us plan for our trek and are knowledgeable about the area. They are also sociable and make you feel at home! The place is also clean, warm and has a great homely atmosphere. The kitchen has everything you need and lots of tables, sofas and communal areas. Its a great place for the cost you pay. I'd definitely recommend to anyone who goes to Puerto Natales to stay here.

View all Puerto Natales Hostels