El Patagonico Reviews

O´Higgins 741, Puerto Natales, Chile

Lovely hosts who help out whenever they can. Unfortunately, there's no breakfast and no towels (like in many other hostels in Puerto Natales), but they have all day free coffee, tea, cocoa, which is great and a spacious kitchen and common area. It's a 5-10 minute walk both from the centre and from the bus terminal.

This place is awesome. They made extra effort to get us into a private room for an extra night. Very inviting atmosphere. Staff helped us with W trek suggestions and bus tickets.

• 21st Feb 2015

The place was super nice and clean. Not loud and the people that worked there were very friendly. A little farther from city center which brought down rating, but otherwise wonderful. Only note, they list as having laundry services available. I finished the w loop on a sunday and needed to clean clothes prior to leaving the next day. Apparently not available on Sundays, so plan accordingly. Though I walked 4 blocks and found a place to do it over night, so no issue.

I sent a late arrival confirmation email too early in advance. So when I arrived at 11.00PM from the park my bed was sold to someone else. However the owner was nice enough to take me to a different hostel which was also nice and quiet with good breakfast at no additional cost

I love this place! Very friendly and helpful owners! We could leave luggage with them while hiking Torres del Paine.

Lovely and quiet place - not a party hostel but plenty of people around to chat. Good base to start your hiking, free luggage storage and cheap gear rental an added bonus. I would definately stay here again!

We stayed in a private room ensuite and it was excellent. The bed was confortable and so was the bed linen. The room and the bathroom were perfectly cleaned when we arrived. The owner was very helpful and polite, providing us useful hints on whatever we needed.

This hostel is very familiar, with a nice and cosy atmosphere. The staff is friendly and will give you information, for example for the trekking Torres del Paine. I really enjoyed my stay there!

Good place to go before Torres del Paine. Nice building, reasonably priced and the couple that run it are very helpful and friendly

Great hostel! Nice chill, laidback atmosphere. The husband & wife who run the place are very nice & helpful, providing lots of info around Puerto Natales and for trekking in Torres del Paine. Kitchen is well equipped (even with spices, oil, etc) and it was nice that they always had coffee and tea available. The only issue we had was with the wifi internet. Everyone there had difficulties connecting. Frustrating! Once connected, it was good and fast though. Try asking them to reset the router.

Great hostel with a good kitchen and nice people. The walls are thin in the bedrooms so it can be hard to go to bed early. Free coffee and instant oatmeal for breakfast. Hot water, good wifi and free luggage storage. Only thing to improve is the trash in the bathrooms needs to be emptied before the staff leave for the night and the breakfast stuff checked to make sure there's enough. There was no milk one morning which made the instant coffee extra awful.

Mixed thoughts in that the hostel owner was very good at booking buses for me and we got equipment for the w trek for cheap but we did have an issue with locking our bags away before leaving for the trek. They do lock them away but be sure to do it the night before as we had a not so fantastic argument about it when we were trying to leave for our bus!It was more than a bit awkward and should have been managed better. Otherwise nice place, really comfy beds and good location.

The stay at this hostel overall was very good. The owner was eager to help out with travel plans and gave some good advice on planning details of our trip to Torres del Paine. The only security concern I had was the staff kept spare keys to rooms in the stairwell where anyone who was in the building could get access to them. The rooms were mostly clean and neat. The only thing was the comforter had a small blood strain on it Be very wary of the street parking. Lesson learned the hard way.

-sorry but I don´t understand you what you mind about keys, if you had some questions you cud ask us here because you didn´t use them! and probably you saw some keys for deposits in our stairwell when you were in our apartment without permision (it was several time and for us was very uncomfortable because nobody did before), anyway I hope next time you don´t go to privacies areas and write about something you don´t know

The owners were wonderfully helpful with planning our time in Puerto Natales.

The owners are the kindest people ever. They make you feel like a friend and they are full of tips for a visit to Torres del Paine. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 11th Jan 2015

Fantastic place to stay with great, helpful staff! Wonderful place to chill out for a day after patagonia. Wifi slightly spotty at times and no breakfast but a few markets right down the street and great kitchen to cook in with all the essentials provides (oils, spices, tea/coffee, etc). Would definitely recommend staying here!

Great owners and clean and nice place. Stayed before my TdP trip but they were full upon my return. They had allowed me to store my luggage for free and helped me find another place and were very helpful.

The owners are really nice people. They help you with information about the Paine's Tower Park. Also I couldn't close my jaquet completely and they solved it, which wasn't that easy. I appreciated it a lot.

Good hostel, they have good quality camping gear for hire at reasonable prices. The owners are really lovely and were extremely helpful.

A great hostel with great staff.

View all Puerto Natales Hostels