El Warung Cave Hostel Reviews

La Cuevita 38, Artenara, Gran Canaria, Spain

El Warung has to be my favorite hostel I've ever stayed at. The location couldn't be any better (close to tons of hiking spots, beautiful views) and the staff is really friendly. It is more than just a place to spend the night, it is an entire experience that you won't forget. Hope to return soon!

Pefect place for stay. I recommend this hostel for everyone.

Very difficult to find

Our stay at the hostel was great! No wifi, no distractions... just nature! Right on the first night our hosts prepared a huge barbeque for us. It was like sitting together with friends... also the hikes nearby are awesome.

This hostel has one of the most beautiful views on the island. From here you can see all the important peaks on Gran Canaria, and Roque Nublo as well. There are many hiking routes available nearby. The hostel is clean and the staff was great, very kind and helpful. This makes for a perfect getaway from crowded tourist areas.

Really great hostel .. up in the mountains with truly amazing views across the middle of the island .. .. WOW was the word I heard most .. really quiet and peaceful .. when I go back to Gran Canaria I will visit the Cave Hostel again for sure ..

If you spend some time on Gran Canaria you should definetly stop here. This place is amazing. The staff is very nice and the location is incredible.

The facilities listed are wrong ie no cable tv. Its not 18c inside in winter. Probably about 14c.There is a fan heater in the larger dorm and that should be used in the living area as the bar heater being used in there was useless. Good duvets on the beds. Two rings on the cooker. Large fridge.Stunning location. From the church walk to the viewpoint then left along the road until it ends. Good hostel for chatting and as a base for walking.

Hi Vincent and thanks for your feedback. To be honest we never ever listed cable tv as a facility, we are totally against weapons of massive brain washing, instead we embrace an alternative lifestyle. Caves are isotherm, warm in winter, cool in summer but this winter Canary Islands registered lowest temperatures in 16 years. Anyway, thanks again and hope to see you again in any of our projects around the island.

Muy buono! Great views and quite relax! Very good people!

• 27th Jan 2015

The view was really fabulous!!!!

Staying at this cave hostel was a wonderful experience. We had an amazing view on the mountain landscape (the sunrise was really beautiful) and the staff was very friendly. he atmosphere was very nice and laid back. There's no WIFI or other entertainment on a winter evening, so everybody just talked and shared meals together. If you're in Gran Canaria and you want to do more than beaches and surfing, then definitely book a bed here!

Nice Hostel, with basic equipment and charming character. You have an awesome view (if there are no clouds) and its a good starting point for any hiking trips. Stuff was very friendly and we met some very nice people.

• 11th Jan 2015

Very nice experience in the cave hostel. We saw the amazing sunset just after our arriving. The host are nice and charming people who make good banana pancake for the guest for breakfast ;) I ate a lot. I really enjoyed my days in the mountain. Just a little bit cold to visit in January.

Might be the most beautifully located hostel I have stayed at, and also the one with the best atmosphere. A part of me would like to just stay there forever. Go if you like nature, relaxation and nice people. Bring warm clothes if you go in winter (I don't believe it's 18 degrees inside, but there is a heater in the common room). If you plan to stay only one night, think again - stay longer. Enjoy.

Fantastic views, very nice bed, warm atmosphere both because of people and of the heater. Thanks to Peter for a walk to another cave hostel, if you want more remote atmosphere go there, this one is quite modern, we even have washing machine. Anyway it was great experience!

Quite a unique place. Very pleasant and such an amazing location.

• 25th Dec 2014
  • Couple, 41+

nice view, two simple rooms with 2x2 bunk beds, basic standards. Situated on a hill slope, make clear, that you have the right directions to find the hostel, good hiking in the area.

• 16th Dec 2014

Interesting place, fantastic scenery.

I had a great time at the hostel. The location is excellent for walking in the surrounding mountains. The view from the terrace is one of the best I have ever seen it's worth making a visit just for that. The staff were excellent, particularly Chanti and Ali who were happy to help me with anything I needed. I even managed to get vegetarian meals in a local bar The Tamadado in the nearby village of Artenera.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

An AMAZING cave hostel, with friendly people and lots of music.

• 27th Nov 2014