El Warung Cave Hostel Reviews

La Cuevita 38, Artenara, Gran Canaria, Spain

Lovely staff and great location and beautiful vieuws, morning, noon and night.

2 nd time here. There were too many people for one toilet/ bathroom.

Great stay in a more than wonderful cave! We enjoyed hiking, nature and an amazing evening with nice people! Totally recommendable. We will come back! :)

Great atmosphere, very calm and with the best view you could possibly have. No luxury but everything you need.

Great location. Walking distance to nearby village/shops for basic foods. Small hostel with 8 beds. Beds are super comfortable. Really quiet hostel in a cave, dark and good sleep guaranteed. Great quiet atmosphere. Breathtaking sunset. Definitely going back.

Located in a beautiful area

Breakfast is not included as it mentioned on the website. In a cave you cant expect luxury, but a couple ofnew chairs would be nice

Great place, wonderful people, amazing view! I will come back!!

We stayed 2 nights. Wonderful view and nice people. Will be back next time. Terhi and Jyrki Finland

• 8th Jan 2016
  • Finland

Very nice for hiking

Note. Price no longer includes breakfast. Great for cyclists.

Very friendly and home feel atmosphere. Nice staff! Hostel is situated in the tiny village in the mountains with great authentic vibe and, what is more, it is in the real cave! Perfect place if you need some rest. Good starting point of many beautiful hikes! I would have stayed longer, if it's possible..

A magical cave on the mountain that feels like home. At El Warung my travelling experience was reduced to the essentials- sharing great moments with others and appreciating the surrounding nature. The atmosphere was peaceful and relaxed, a perfect escape from the daily grind of city life. Our host Sara is an awesome lady with a good heart. I really enjoyed my time there sharing experiences and ideas with other travellers with this amazing view as a backdrop.

It is what it is. A former cave perched high in the Gran Canaria mountains . I'd have stayed longer that my three nights but will return. Great atmosphere with the other guests and the wonderful host, Sara that makes everyone feel welcome and comfortable . Breakfast made each morning if you want it ( great eggs ) and views that are the equal of anywhere I have been from the front door. If your in Gran Canaria and want a different but memorable experience , don't hesitate . Book it and just go.

We did not expect much luxury. This place, however, is shabby, mouldy, dirty and neglected. One dirty shower and toilet for 10-12 guests/hostel volunteers. We stayed in one of the bunks behind a dirty curtain, against a mouldy wall, with no air ventilation, as the outside door was supposed to be closed. Guests in the dormitory also had to leave the outside door open because of the damp mouldy atmosphere. kitchen is small & improvised. Water dripping poorly from shower. No recommendation.

• 4th Dec 2015

Really nice place where you can meet very nice staff (special mention for Sara) and travellers from all around the world. A place where I will come back. Antoine

One of the most original acommodations I ever experienced. It's only 8 beds so there is a strong family vibe. The terrace offers unreal mountain landscape. Strongly recommended for hikers and outdoor people.

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Afghanistan

Great atmosphere, I had a very nice evening with the people in there. The place is not a 5 starts hotel but the people I meet there was really special.

Very good location, grate view and kind stuff.

I had such a good time! The staff was very helpful and friendly, and took us on a hike nearby during our stay. The place was clean and comfortable. I would love to come back one day soon!

• 16th Oct 2015