El Warung Cave Hostel Reviews

La Cuevita 38, Artenara, Gran Canaria, Spain

One of the best hostels worldwide! Realy friendly stuff, very clean - and the indescribable atmosphere made this place a "home, sweet home".

Very unusual place in a great location. The views from outside the hostel are breathtaking and the nearby town of Artenara is beautiful.

It was a unique experience and I would there again for sure. The guy who runs the place enjoys what he is doing and you can tell :)

It's a amazing place. The hostel is located in the deep of mountain. The scenery is so beautiful. If you like hiking, you can find lots of hiking trail, it's fantastic. We live in this hostel 3 nights and Owner of hostel is very nice and give us lots of help. I think if you choose this hostel, it can give you a great experience.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • China

very nice, helpful and friendly staff, where you can hang out together and enjoy interesting talks and the atmosphere outside under the stars in between the mountains. Its a really new experience to sleep in a cove, you must not have claustrophobia of space ;-)

• 5th Jul 2014

This place is very amazing, I lived in a "cave". I have a lot of fun with the staff. Thank you guys:) 住在山中洞穴真的很酷,有時還能看到雲海,旁邊又有小超市、游泳池、爬山步道,來這裡有遠離塵囂的感覺。還有這裡的工作人員非常友善,可以跟他們一起玩,單獨旅行的我覺得不孤單

One of a kind experience! The views are amazing, I had a great stay! Sleeping inside the cave was truly a unique experience. The hostel offers free breakfast, bikes, kitchen, BBQ grill; also there are many places to hike around the area. Would definitely recommend staying here!

One word: breathtaking. You will literally never experience anything like this in a hostel, it is in an old aboriginal cave overlooking the scenery in the middle of the island. Just 10 minutes walk away is the little town of Artenara, which is super cute and relaxing. Staff were amazing, we had a barbecue with them and slept under the stars! Also hiked Roque Nublo and Bentayga. Please do yourself a favor and take the bus up to the mountains to experience all this beautiful island has to offer!

Totally in love with this place ! Waking up in the morning with most facinating view to the mountains, calm and relaxing atmosphere. The staff is very friendly - helped me a lot to make my stay and trip more interesting. Cave hostel is unique because of the place and the concept of the hostel itself. Enjoyed it to the max !

A cosy & unique hostel experience run by a young, laid-back Spanish couple - also a superb base for hikers to explore the area as the trails seemed far from the madding crowd while I was there in early June.

Although my rating adds up to less than 90%, I felt that I need to be honest about security and cleanliness, although I didn't care about both aspects (but I know that others do). But don't be put off by this! This was one of the best stays I've ever had! The "staff", Claudia and Miguel, are very sociable and friendly people and the atmosphere as well as the view is breathtaking. It's hard to find and Google Map lies about the address, but it's worth looking for it! I'd come again : )

The view is just unbelievable!

El Warung has a unique flair. Staying there is something very special and very different to the usual crowded hostel experiences. It is a bit like going camel back riding or doing a Thai cooking class: sleeping in a cave at a very special spot on the island could be considered an out of the ordinary experience you'd only treat yourself to while traveling. Would recommend to people who are happy with nature, calmness and a stunning view and don't need much else (or much entertainment).

The hostel have a so nice point of view! the staff is so friendly, Roc know all the way to hike, the place to be!

View all Gran Canaria Hostels