El Warung Cave Hostel Reviews

La Cuevita 38, Artenara, Gran Canaria, Spain

Interesting place, fantastic scenery.

I had a great time at the hostel. The location is excellent for walking in the surrounding mountains. The view from the terrace is one of the best I have ever seen it's worth making a visit just for that. The staff were excellent, particularly Chanti and Ali who were happy to help me with anything I needed. I even managed to get vegetarian meals in a local bar The Tamadado in the nearby village of Artenera.

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

An AMAZING cave hostel, with friendly people and lots of music.

• 27th Nov 2014

Just spent Thanksgiving weekened at the cave hostel and had an incredible time! The island itself is beautiful as there are a mix of stunning landscapes and we were extremely happy that we chose to stay up in the mountains. It is important to note that it is about a 2 hour drive from the airport to the hostel. Overall, the hostel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating and we would like to return again soon. It was honestly the best hostel experience we´ve had yet!

• 27th Nov 2014

I absolutely loved staying in this cave hostel. it was magical especially waking up to jaw dropping stupendous beauty of these exquisite mountains. We stayed in all weathers and each kind of weather offered wondeful delights of light play and atmosphere. Neill and PAtrick welcomed us with sincere love and great hospitality, coffee and scrumptious fruity pancakes for breakfast. ideal hostel for those wanting to explore deep into the mountains. a very relaxed and inspring atmosphere. thanks guys x

• 21st Nov 2014

Excellent place to explore a beautiful part of Gran Canaria. Very nice, laid-back atmosphere and staff is great! I especially liked that they had two mountainbikes that you could just borrow for free (biking was hard but rewarding). I would definitely recommend this place to people who love to be in nature. One warning: google maps does not very accurately display the location of the hostel, ask a local to prevent searching! The village is small so almost everybody knows the hostel.

Graet place, great stuff, spectacular view. Good place to stay for hikers and climbers.

El Warung Cave Hostel is an amazing place for people looking for a chilled out hostel in the mountains with a friendly atmosphere. Very nice staff and amazing view on the caldera!

• 11th Oct 2014

The best place ever! If you like mountains and walking this is the place for you! :)

I had a great stay at the cave hostel, definitely coming back!! The stuff is amazing, they provided me with info about hiking trails in the area and we went climbing in the natural park nearby. I also got to do the largest via ferrata in Spain. We walked and climbed 1000 meter from San Pedro village to Tamadaba. The terrace of the hostel features amazing moutain views and is a great place to hangout and read a book. I met interesting people, as there is no wifi people talked and shared meals.

There are many of hiking trails around the village, this is the place for the people who love the atmosphere of nature. And the landscape of the hostel is very very good! If you are going to have a holiday in Gran Canaria, you should arrange your accommodation to stay here.

Amazing place to stay!!! So beautiful nature around! Thanks to Manuel for giving us chance to stay in such a calm relaxing place as cave house :) My Mum and I really enjoyed it!!!!

The Hostel was very beutiful, the owner Manuel is very nice and we had an good breakfast and a kitchen. The hostel is in an old cave and it is very quiet with an beautiful few over the clouds, mountains and at the stars. Its an good place for biking, hiking or enjoing the nature highly recommended

One of the best hostels worldwide! Realy friendly stuff, very clean - and the indescribable atmosphere made this place a "home, sweet home".

Very unusual place in a great location. The views from outside the hostel are breathtaking and the nearby town of Artenara is beautiful.

It was a unique experience and I would there again for sure. The guy who runs the place enjoys what he is doing and you can tell :)

It's a amazing place. The hostel is located in the deep of mountain. The scenery is so beautiful. If you like hiking, you can find lots of hiking trail, it's fantastic. We live in this hostel 3 nights and Owner of hostel is very nice and give us lots of help. I think if you choose this hostel, it can give you a great experience.

• 15th Aug 2014
  • China

very nice, helpful and friendly staff, where you can hang out together and enjoy interesting talks and the atmosphere outside under the stars in between the mountains. Its a really new experience to sleep in a cove, you must not have claustrophobia of space ;-)

• 5th Jul 2014

This place is very amazing, I lived in a "cave". I have a lot of fun with the staff. Thank you guys:) 住在山中洞穴真的很酷,有時還能看到雲海,旁邊又有小超市、游泳池、爬山步道,來這裡有遠離塵囂的感覺。還有這裡的工作人員非常友善,可以跟他們一起玩,單獨旅行的我覺得不孤單

One of a kind experience! The views are amazing, I had a great stay! Sleeping inside the cave was truly a unique experience. The hostel offers free breakfast, bikes, kitchen, BBQ grill; also there are many places to hike around the area. Would definitely recommend staying here!

View all Gran Canaria Hostels