El Warung Cave Hostel Reviews

La Cuevita 38, Artenara, Gran Canaria, Spain

very nice, helpful and friendly staff, where you can hang out together and enjoy interesting talks and the atmosphere outside under the stars in between the mountains. Its a really new experience to sleep in a cove, you must not have claustrophobia of space ;-)

• 5th Jul 2014

This place is very amazing, I lived in a "cave". I have a lot of fun with the staff. Thank you guys:) 住在山中洞穴真的很酷,有時還能看到雲海,旁邊又有小超市、游泳池、爬山步道,來這裡有遠離塵囂的感覺。還有這裡的工作人員非常友善,可以跟他們一起玩,單獨旅行的我覺得不孤單

Totally in love with this place ! Waking up in the morning with most facinating view to the mountains, calm and relaxing atmosphere. The staff is very friendly - helped me a lot to make my stay and trip more interesting. Cave hostel is unique because of the place and the concept of the hostel itself. Enjoyed it to the max !

A cosy & unique hostel experience run by a young, laid-back Spanish couple - also a superb base for hikers to explore the area as the trails seemed far from the madding crowd while I was there in early June.

Although my rating adds up to less than 90%, I felt that I need to be honest about security and cleanliness, although I didn't care about both aspects (but I know that others do). But don't be put off by this! This was one of the best stays I've ever had! The "staff", Claudia and Miguel, are very sociable and friendly people and the atmosphere as well as the view is breathtaking. It's hard to find and Google Map lies about the address, but it's worth looking for it! I'd come again : )

The view is just unbelievable!

El Warung has a unique flair. Staying there is something very special and very different to the usual crowded hostel experiences. It is a bit like going camel back riding or doing a Thai cooking class: sleeping in a cave at a very special spot on the island could be considered an out of the ordinary experience you'd only treat yourself to while traveling. Would recommend to people who are happy with nature, calmness and a stunning view and don't need much else (or much entertainment).

The hostel have a so nice point of view! the staff is so friendly, Roc know all the way to hike, the place to be!

Very nice place to take a brake and thank you very much for your hospitality Claudia y Miguel :-)

Roch the manager was incredibly kind and helpful and welcoming. He picked me up from the bus stop in Tejeda and made me feel really at home. He was also great for recommending routes to walk in the mountains, and gave me his mobile number in case I had any problems, so I felt really safe going trekking on my own. I felt like if anything happened to me, I could just ring and he'd come find me, or if I hadn't returned late into the night he'd have got some people to look for me.. He was a star!

• 10th Mar 2014

Little is known that the mountains on Gran Canaria are so impressing and the life in caves is a new adventure and cool way to live. El Warung is great. Simply great. Super friendly and helpful staff, I felt very welcome. Kat and the twins Max and Mascha

Amazing setting, very chilled

Very nice place and staff. Best view from hostel in my life. Bathroom is in bad condition. It is hard to find the hostel in village, no signposts from the road.

View all Gran Canaria Hostels