7.7
Very Good 51 Total Reviews
7.7
Very Good 51 Total Reviews
Elmtree Guest House Myeongdong Located at 129-1 Bukchang-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul.
South Korea

5th Aug 2016
5.7

Dirty Bathrooms and uncomfortable bedrooms. :/

23rd Jul 2016

It is a nice hostel, not far from Seoul Station. I really liked that I could have my own room although they are small. Still I think for one person is more than enough. The only bad thing is that they should update the directions. After getting out the metro station Hoehyeon the instructions are completely wrong. I walked around for like an hour before I got into a hotel and asked for directions.

19th Jul 2016

Great little place and perfect location. Pretty much any bus in the city will stop right outside the hostel, but the English directions to the hostel are really confusing. I had to stop at a police station for help finding the place. It's Between Seoul station and Heyeon station--there's a famous market called Namdaemun market. Go to Namdaemun Shi-jang road and find Exit 7 of the Namdaemun market pedestrian underpass. Then it's easy from there, just up the alleyway. Small white round sign.

28th May 2016

I've stayed at Elm Tree three times. The first time was for over 20 days so my friend and I were treated like royalty. The owners talked to us a lot and our rooms were spotless. The last time I went, a wet, dirty cleaning rag was left in my room, the air vent was black with dust, and there were cobwebs in the corners of the room. Everything was great except for the cleanliness. I think I will stay again cause the location is good and the price is also good. I just hope they clean more!

• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
5th May 2016
6.0

In terms of value for money the place was great. Located close to the city but difficult to find. The instructions are misleading - it is actually 10-15min from the subway. The exit 7 refers to Hoehyeon underground shopping centre (accessible from the subway underground via Shinsegae). Facilities is marked down as the rooms were absolutely tiny - standing room only, no table or chairs. The bathrooms were abismally cramped, with mold in the ceiling, and no shelves or towel racks.

• Greece, Male, 41+
26th Mar 2016

Very good guesthouse, cheap clean, great location and friendly staff. The rooms are small but cozy and comfortable