Éthic Étape-CISL-Lyon Reviews

103, Boulevard des Etats-Unis, Lyon, France

not so good internet connection

I thought it was a great hostel! The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating, except for one, whom consistently was rude and rolled her eyes at my bad french and lack of french comprehension. Everything was great except for twice when the cleaning lady forgot to lock my room.

Curfew hurts, you cannot stay here if you intend to even vaguely permit some sort of party. You will regret your life if you want to discover the city as this place is miles from anything that is remotely distinctive or for lack of better description: alright. I felt like I was seeking asylum.

Clean and quiet, you can tell they are making efforts to be 'green', which is great. Location not central but ok once you work out the trams:buses (which are great).

Here is cheap and not bad. here is not the best but good. receptionist is kind and wifi run only the center not room. you can go here by tram or bus. Lyon have good transportation so you can go easyily. And tram station and bus station are a front of hotel. If you have heavy bag. here is good.

This is more of a place for groups, not for individuals or people traveling with less than ten individuals. I really did not enjoy my time in this location. I'm not a picky traveler but the way I felt there did not make me want to stay or get to know any of the other people staying there. I actually left early! Can't quite figure out how this was so well-rated.

We confirm that our center has been created in 1980 specially to provide accommodation for groups. We checked and during your stay we had 3 schools of under 18 and a group of disabled people. You should have come few nights later : we accommodated 43 nice and cheerful students in architecture ! Bad luck !

Nice reception, clean bathrooms and rooms, the breakfast was ok (although not much). The hostel was a bit far from the city center, it's necessary to change trams to get there when coming from the center.

It was good but noisy in the evenings up until 11pm, you're getting what you paid for. Also very uncomfortable pillow, and slow internet at peak times. Also by a main road so noise until late there too, so if you're a light sleeper, bring ear plugs. :)

• 4th Dec 2011

The price was right! Very clean, staff very friendly - furnishings, etc of the standard you would expect for a cheaper hostel. Breakfast nothing to write home about, but typical for France. (Bread and coffee). A bit out of the way, but Lyon has a stellar public transit system so it isn't a problem.

• 23rd Nov 2011

Very good to have room for people with disability ;)

I literally cannot praise this hostel enough. The gentleman behind the reception could not have been more lovely, and even though I was fully prepared to speak in French, he made life much easier by speaking perfect English! I had my own, individual room, with a shower and a sink (did not know that was included!). It was clean, tidy, and quiet. The next day, I was able to leave my heavy luggage in a 'baggagerie' they have. PERFECT. Recommended it to all my friends. GREAT place, and GREAT value.

• 6th Sep 2011

A little further from the city, but easy enough to catch the bus. Very nice and clean and great staff there.

More cheap hotel than hostel, but still high quality. My single room was smallish but still more than enough space. Was a fair distance from the centre of town, but buses and trams go past the front door. Supermarket just across the road, although you're not allowed to bring food back to the hotel. The free breakfast was pretty good too. Only complaint was that Wifi cost 4 Euros and access only lasted until midnight of the day you bought it.

• 20th Jul 2011

I wish the wifi would have worked in the rooms, the showers were a little dirty and I think made our sink leak for some reason. Enjoyed the stay though and the bus/tram stop right outside of your door. Excellenct and friendly staff were very helpful! Would probably stay here again, I loved Lyon!

The place was well kept and very organised, staff were helpful and spoke English, its not directly in the heart of Lyon but there is a tram and bus stop directly out the front so it didnt bother me at all, its not easy to socialise with other guests so if you wanna make some friends and party this is not the place for you. The building says Centre CISL or something along those lines, not ethic etape. Would happily go back.

My main problem is internet .I think is supposed to be included .

• 19th Jun 2011
  • Tanzania

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Breakfast was sufficient. When I came home, I learned that I had been charged ~6 EUR more than I should have been (the additional charge was a Hostelworld fee, which I had already paid to Hostelworld. My confirmation email from CISL had also listed a lower price. However, the price was still better than staying at any hotel.

This hostel is great for those seeking privacy and not for meeting other travelers, as we only encountered other people at breakfast. Although it felt more of an empty hotel/hospital, the security and cleanliness were high. The location is quite far from the city center/tourism office, about 1h 30min walk at the least. Fastest way to get here would be metro or rent a city bike.

Staff were wonderful, room was lovely and clean. As mentioned in previous reviews location is a bit far out from the centre however there is a supermarket and restaurants etc nearby. It is also not that far by public transport to get into the centre, the location was not a problem for us. Good value.

Not in the best location ever, and it really does look like a prison as someone else commented. If you're just looking for somewhere to stay, and not somewhere to meet people/socialize, then this is your place. But you probably won't meet any other travellers and the restaurant closes at 20h.

You have a very interesting definition of the word "Prison" : a place where you can not meet people and with a restaurant which closed at 20:00 ! By the way, you forgot to note on your comments that we offer you the cancellation fee for the 1st night of your stay (although you did not send us any warning) ?

« first « Prev 1 2 3