Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

We booked a private double ensuite and was pleasantly surprised by the spacious double bunk bed we got! Pillows and blankets were amazing! The shower was good too! However one problem was that our room was next to the fire-exit and it kept slamming shut as people came and went. So it was rather annoying for us through the night. Hopefully, the hostel will get that fixed! Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay and convenient walk to the nearest bus stop.

Loved the live music in the Warerooms bar every night, also pleasantly surprised by the fact that the rooms had en-suite bathrooms, which is rare in most hostels.

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Romania

Beds and bathroom was really nice but not much room to walk around. Close to everything you need. Downstairs bar which is good and the kitchen has full facilities but was sometimes closed. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly

• 7th Aug 2014

Amazingly good value with the single ensuite, which I had forgotten I had booked. So a welcome surprise. Wonderfully comfortable bed and what a treat to have a TV! Only fault was the kitchen hidden in the basement...wasn't sure if you were meant to take food up to the bar area or eat down there. Excellent location and would stay again for sure..

Excellent location, a few blocks from restaurants and bars. Our private room was quiet, clean, and spacious - everything we were looking for. Would stay again.

Good location. Room is clean. If your room is close to the door, it may be noisy at night when people come in and out and slam the door. Lift is broken and had to carry heavy luggage upstairs.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • China

It feels a lot like a hotel. I only stayed for one night, but they have a good kitchen facility, free laundry, breakfast is 5 euro.

So noisy at nights, rooms are pretty stuffy especially the first one that they put us in as the window wouldn't open. The staff were really helpful and friendly though. Been here twice before and loved it but now the price has gone up and the rooms desperately need some touch ups. Good for during the week but the price hike for the weekend is ridiciulous!

Great place to stay -- more of a hotel feel than a hostel. Nice pub attached with live music one of the nights we were there. Good drink prices. Close to the train station and metro.

Very noisy - rackets taking place at 3 and 4am

• 24th Jul 2014

Staff did not ensure that the dorm corridors were kept quiet during sleeping hours. I had people partying near my dorm from about 0100-0400 am and staff did not see this as unacceptable. Some people need to get up early, have flights etc. and could do with knowing they might at least be assured some sleep. Obviously noise in a hostel is going to happen but this was something beyond the norm that should of been dealt with.

Felt looked after

• 8th Jul 2014

For a one night stay for a family of 3 this was very good value for money and surprisingly the room was more than adequate for our needs. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We booked for two separate 8 person dorms but on arrival they had a muck up so said they can put us in a twin room but it had no window. We said ok thinking it wouldn't be that bad. Room 306 never go there. Was so absolutely hot it was horrible. Gave us one wee fan and nothing more. Had to move beds to the floor to try and sleep. Don't know how they can have a room like that. Was more like a closet. Also had a dirty g-string under the bed so great cleaning.

When I wanted to get a single room on my arrival, though I booked a double, there was no problem and I paid a bit less than initially expected. Young tatooed lad explained to me how to get around town to find what I was looking for, guy at the bar sold me two beers for price of one and for just 5pounds breakfast I could get everything I wanted at the buffet. I truely recommend it!

Good place to stay. There is a bar/restaurant on the main level that has decent food and live music. It wasn't too loud and we were able to watch the football game. Parking was a bit of an issue, there is no real place to park. Just street parking that you have to pay for durring the day. For one night as a stop over it was good.

Was a good hostel overall, the only way I could fault it was pretty noisy at night. Other then that was a top hostel would stay again :)

The hostel is more modern and less youth targeted than most hostel. It offers a certain degree of comfort that most hostels don't. It being in the UK and especially in a city with not too many options, its a bit too expensive.

Nice hostel, close to everything, with great staff

Very nice reception area and helpful staff, nice and clean and central. The room was a bit cramped, especially with luggage, but quite alright for one night.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels