Euro Hostel Newcastle

Very Good 637 Total Reviews

• Australia, Male, 25-30
21st Feb 2017
7.4

Clean simple hostel. More suited for families no real vibe for travelers looking too meet people. Awesome bean bag room to chill out. Over all a easy going simple hostel 👍

• Australia, Female, 18-24
12th Feb 2017
7.4

Hostel is very clean, beds are incredibly comfy. Lacks any sort of atmosphere, no fun for younger travellers. Key cards often don't work but I found the place very secure. Cleaners came in everyday and throughly cleaned each individual rooms toilets and shower room which was nice to see. It's a nice hostel if you are travelling with a friend, boring if by yourself.

• England, Male, 25-30
9th Feb 2017
6.6

It was ok. The rooms were nice but there was no atmosphere around the hostel. Only night it was busy was Saturday. I wouldn't recommend or not recommend it.

• Ireland, Female, 25-30
8th Feb 2017
7.4

Facilities were good & great location. Room was cold and noisy. Lady at check out was rude, spent ages checking our room to find something to charge us for as we left room spotless. charged us £5 pound each for 7 towels with a bit of makeup on them, layed each towel out on the floor at reception in front of everyone which was an absolute disgrace!! Due to her behaviour none of us would go back here or recommend this place to anyone else.

• Ireland, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Feb 2017
5.1

Overall we enjoyed our stay due to the atmosphere in Newcastle itself rather than the service provided at the hostel. Coming from the hospitality industry myself the staffs attitude towards guests really needs to be addressed.We, as a small group felt to be more of a hindrance rather than paying guests while staying at the hostel.We also had to pay to leave our bags there the day of check out which none of us had ever experienced elsewhere. We frankly would not stay here again nor recommend.

• sandraemma
  • England, Female, 31-40
29th Jan 2017

Great Location

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Jan 2017

Really good hostel. Great environment and very close to the centre of everything by walking distance. Will stay again.

1st Jan 2017

I was only here for a night and it was pretty late when I checked in so I can't totally comment on everything. It has an elevator! Cool! First hostel I've been in with one! Haha Rooms were clean I didn't have any problem with that. Though it was weird my mattress was super uncomfortable because all this metal was sticking in my back then I realized the mattress was upside down. Still not the comfiest though. Area was great because everything is so close so I walked to the castle and bridges

• England, All Female Group, 41+
10th Dec 2016
6.9

Stayed here over Saturday & Sunday nights in a twin room with my daughter. The room itself was clean, but the whole hostel smelt a bit stale and the paintwork is a depressing muddy brown. The window in our room was at the end of a long thin room, so not much light. Ok for sleeping but not to spend any time there.

• England, Female, 31-40
30th Nov 2016

This is the 3rd occasion I stay at eurohostel (Newcastle). I usually enjoy my stay but sadly this time I was kept awake till 04.30 am by some Irish people who were partying. I hope it's just a one off. Also, I'm very disappointed that the residents' kitchen has been closed down. To say that I'm hugely disappointment is an understatement. Furthermore, my shower was blocked. In fact, I complained about the blocked shower when I stayed at euro hostel in April and August. Staff is kind.