Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Very noisy - rackets taking place at 3 and 4am

• 24th Jul 2014

Staff did not ensure that the dorm corridors were kept quiet during sleeping hours. I had people partying near my dorm from about 0100-0400 am and staff did not see this as unacceptable. Some people need to get up early, have flights etc. and could do with knowing they might at least be assured some sleep. Obviously noise in a hostel is going to happen but this was something beyond the norm that should of been dealt with.

Felt looked after

• 8th Jul 2014

For a one night stay for a family of 3 this was very good value for money and surprisingly the room was more than adequate for our needs. The staff were friendly and knowledgeable

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Mixed Group, 41+

We booked for two separate 8 person dorms but on arrival they had a muck up so said they can put us in a twin room but it had no window. We said ok thinking it wouldn't be that bad. Room 306 never go there. Was so absolutely hot it was horrible. Gave us one wee fan and nothing more. Had to move beds to the floor to try and sleep. Don't know how they can have a room like that. Was more like a closet. Also had a dirty g-string under the bed so great cleaning.

When I wanted to get a single room on my arrival, though I booked a double, there was no problem and I paid a bit less than initially expected. Young tatooed lad explained to me how to get around town to find what I was looking for, guy at the bar sold me two beers for price of one and for just 5pounds breakfast I could get everything I wanted at the buffet. I truely recommend it!

Good place to stay. There is a bar/restaurant on the main level that has decent food and live music. It wasn't too loud and we were able to watch the football game. Parking was a bit of an issue, there is no real place to park. Just street parking that you have to pay for durring the day. For one night as a stop over it was good.

Was a good hostel overall, the only way I could fault it was pretty noisy at night. Other then that was a top hostel would stay again :)

The hostel is more modern and less youth targeted than most hostel. It offers a certain degree of comfort that most hostels don't. It being in the UK and especially in a city with not too many options, its a bit too expensive.

Nice hostel, close to everything, with great staff

Very nice reception area and helpful staff, nice and clean and central. The room was a bit cramped, especially with luggage, but quite alright for one night.

Clean hotel type hostel in the centre of town. Should meet most travellers needs. Booked a single room - good price at £25 pounds. Was given a 4 bed dorm however which even without other people was a bit tight for space. Also the charging arrangement for the breakfast was not explained at Check In. For the price I thought it was average (especially the cooked items & awful coffee ) so ate elsewhere on later days. £1 charge for bag drop off I always think as being non customer friendly.

Very good location, near to the city library, only 5 mins from the Monument metro station. The hostel is quiet and peaceful, and outside is not noisy too. There was a TV and high-speed internet in my private room, the bathroom was wonderful, recently renovated and very modern. I should add also the price- you cannot find a private room elsewhere in Newcastle for 25 pounds.

Good location, clean room and bathroom. Not much atmosphere but overall we had a good stay.

Nice big clean place.... Good bar, kitchen, laundry, and tv room

I stayed in a single ensuite . Room is clean, linen duvet cover was of good quality, clean as well. I would say it's ok for money but downsides are no lounge or common place for guests, they got bar but that's open for normal customers as well. Staffs are OK but one male receptionist was rude. Kitchen is so small and does not have proper table chairs even. I think management should improve the facilities that can lead the hostel to a high standard and a good place to stay.

• 13th May 2014
  • Bangladesh

The main disappointment was the kitchen, which I had intended to rely on for my morning and evening meals. There is no microwave and no glasses/mugs - so forget about making yourself a nice cup of tea. You're rightly expected to wash up after yourself, but there is no dish soap with which to do so. Finally, the kitchen is deep in the basement, and felt creepy and a bit dangerous for a woman alone at night. It's key-card-access only but still felt like the set of a horror film.

• 6th May 2014

Could not sleep. doors were super loud walls paper thin. I could hear people talking two rooms over yelling, screaming And laughing from 1am till 5:30am. First time in 10 years of Hosteling I didn't get a full nights sleep.

• 17th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

We had a really great stay - thanks! Your staff are great, the rooms are good value and the breakfast is fantastic.

Value for money! Single en-suite for £25 (weekday)...I stayed in huge dorms that were more expensive. It's not the Hyatt, but does what it says on the tin.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels