Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Kitchen was great but was in the basement and was very inconvenient and out of the way of the rooms.

There are things you can charge extra for making it possible to offer a lower standard rate and there are things which should be a standard service when exploiting a hostel. Asking 2 pounds per bag for using a luggage room f.i. is just unfriendly.

• 13th Aug 2015

Best stay which we had during our trip, friendly staff as well

Might want to adjust some slamming doors.

Room was tiny! Only big issue I had was a very rude and inconsiderate bunk mate decided that my allocated bed looked more comfortable. Turned up to someone mid afternoon asleep in my allocated bed with no clean bed for myself. Staff very helpful by making up bunk mates old bed. Had been allocated double bed had to take single creaky bed. Not ideal but staff did best they could in circumstances.

I stayed in an all female dorm. Standard bunk beds with linens (which were clean and in good condition). The room was a little cramped since it was on the corner of the hallway. Only thing I didn't really like was lack of electrical outlets. There were only two on opposite sides of the room, nothing in the middle. Breakfast was an extra fee that you could purchase while checking in. Large variety, and all you can eat. Overall, a pretty decent place to stay.

• 29th Jul 2015

Wow this place is immaculate. Great if you want clean! The atmosphere was a little boring though, maybe it was because I was there on a weekday but the hostel bar/common room was empty the entire time I was there. Overall very nice hostel though

Rooms are far to hot have stopped here on wintertime and they still far to hot they never seem do do anything to address this!!!' Other wise you can't fault cleanliness .... I have stopped at all hostels in newcastle and this is the cleanest most well maintained I have stayed at .

Noisy, with a party the dorms/hallway until 4am (on week night) with no staff intervention and ambivalence the following morning. Free WiFi was too slow to use and there was a fee for the 'premium wifi'. Other than that functional, but charmless.

• 28th Jun 2015

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with sorting out our group's payments. The room was clean and recently updated. Two of the four reading lights were missing bulbs, and we couldn't find a TV remote so we had to unplug it to turn it off. It would be nice to have some more hooks or towel bars in the bathroom and bedroom. There was also demolition work going on across the street including jackhammering at 2 am - not the hostel's fault obviously but kind of unfortunate.

Free laundry, nice bar/restaurant downstairs. Lacks kitchen & purpose built lounge/work area. Great modern hostel all the same

Sadly, the kitchen is very small and dark. If you want to cook for yourself, it just isn't fun cooking in a small dark room.

Euro hostel was perfectly clean and modern with secure rooms. The shower in my 8 bed female dorm was pretty average but did have 2 toilets the room which useful. No atmosphere though. Another review website wrongly said it had free breakfast which it hasnt. That was just unfortunate. Their free wifi is absolutely shocking.

Advertised single room turned out to be five bunk beds (one double and four single) in a cramped space designed on the cheap. Used the double bed but an uneven mattress resulted in neck & shoulder ache, and the bed lamp wasn't not working. Moreover, the window curtain was loose at the top and so didn't keep out early morning light (6am). No remote to wall mounted TV. Otherwise room and shower/WC cubicle was clean, but built-in a/c was loud. The cooked breakfast was plentiful but of low quality.

• 11th May 2015
  • Denmark

I loved this place - It felt more like a hotel and the staff didn't treat the guests like they were paying hostel prices. It was quite a nice place to stay.

The lights in our room did not work for half our visit. Overall, the hostel was average and I would not recommend.

A good place to be and the restaurant next to the hostel it's an awesome idea

Pay to leave the lagguage after checking out - could be understood even if it is very rare, but 2 GBP per laggage is too much. The rest is very good. Thank you!

• 15th Apr 2015

Wifi is a tragedy and not worth trying to use it unless you pay. Atmosphere is low and the adjoining bar was empty and not cheap. Kitchen was actually really nice and the only place with decent Wifi. Its Newcastle so your choices are limited, I generally try and avoid chains like Eurohostel. Not worth what I paid but decent enough stay and I slept ok

My friend and I stayed in a double private room with ensuite. The room was a good size, the beds comfortable, everything was clean and the bathroom, even though a little bit small (it's just one cubicle), it's more than enough. We didn't make much use of the common rooms, so I cannot comment on those. We just made use of the small tv room, quite nice with all those cushions. Check in is not until 3pm and they will not allow you to enter before (unless that after 11am) you pay £4. Overall nice.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels