Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

In the bathroom I could not found a places to hang my close e.g like towel,wallet e.t.c

• 6th Nov 2014

Too noisy hostel.... I couldn't sleep deeply, there are reasons that almost customers are so young and never think another customers so shouting. However No workers in this hostel didn't control them. Also it was so uncomfortable to use kitchen. I don't recommend this hostel for my friends absolutely.

My room was clean but the girls room number 311 smelt of pee, don't think it was coming just from toilet. Also chewing gum stuck under top bunk.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Female Group, 41+

Best hostel we've stayed in on our trip so far! It was clean, comfortable, modern and large! There was a great atmosphere in the common areas! Wifi was a bit iffy sometimes but worked when we needed it most! Overall fantastic place, friendly staff and would 100% stay there again!!

Great place, very nice staff very central location, would highly recommend

We stayed in a triple private and the bathroom was a bit strange. The shower sink and toilet were all in the same common space with no divider for the shower. The bedding had a strange perfume that I had a mild skin allergic reaction to (allergy medicine cleared it up). The location wasn't close to anything worthwhile to walk to but it wasn't horrible. Security was good and the bar on the first floor was nice.

Friendly and helpful reception staff. Liked chill out bean bag room. Reading light by bed not working and very squeaky bathroom door, but overall a good experience and value for money.

• 25th Aug 2014

i happened to be there on a wednesday when there was 2 for 1 pints at the bar, which i enjoyed... dorms were very clean and private toilets and shower for each room. its a bit of a hassle to get there from the central station though, you either have to walk or take the local train one more stop.

Great room at a great price. Location was perfect and kitchen facilities were ok.

• 19th Aug 2014

Good/Excellent overall

the room are very small but for the price/space is was good, it is not easy to found the hostel, free wifi, drawer for clothing, just one very bad point for the shower is was not very easy to take one shower, and just the elevetor sometimes is out of service so be careful

Good: toilet and shower were clean and within the room. Clean and comfortable beds. Very good breakfast with almost everything. Bad: it`s not their fault, but when I stayed there, there were two groups of school-classes. They were loud and damaged the drinking-automat and even the elevator, so that everybody had to carry his luggage to the stairs into his room. BUT: the staff was very friendly and asked, if I need any help with my luggage. Never heard this before in a hostel! Thanks!

We booked a private double ensuite and was pleasantly surprised by the spacious double bunk bed we got! Pillows and blankets were amazing! The shower was good too! However one problem was that our room was next to the fire-exit and it kept slamming shut as people came and went. So it was rather annoying for us through the night. Hopefully, the hostel will get that fixed! Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay and convenient walk to the nearest bus stop.

Loved the live music in the Warerooms bar every night, also pleasantly surprised by the fact that the rooms had en-suite bathrooms, which is rare in most hostels.

Beds and bathroom was really nice but not much room to walk around. Close to everything you need. Downstairs bar which is good and the kitchen has full facilities but was sometimes closed. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly

• 7th Aug 2014

Amazingly good value with the single ensuite, which I had forgotten I had booked. So a welcome surprise. Wonderfully comfortable bed and what a treat to have a TV! Only fault was the kitchen hidden in the basement...wasn't sure if you were meant to take food up to the bar area or eat down there. Excellent location and would stay again for sure..

Excellent location, a few blocks from restaurants and bars. Our private room was quiet, clean, and spacious - everything we were looking for. Would stay again.

Good location. Room is clean. If your room is close to the door, it may be noisy at night when people come in and out and slam the door. Lift is broken and had to carry heavy luggage upstairs.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • China

It feels a lot like a hotel. I only stayed for one night, but they have a good kitchen facility, free laundry, breakfast is 5 euro.

So noisy at nights, rooms are pretty stuffy especially the first one that they put us in as the window wouldn't open. The staff were really helpful and friendly though. Been here twice before and loved it but now the price has gone up and the rooms desperately need some touch ups. Good for during the week but the price hike for the weekend is ridiciulous!

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels