Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

We had a really great stay - thanks! Your staff are great, the rooms are good value and the breakfast is fantastic.

Value for money! Single en-suite for £25 (weekday)...I stayed in huge dorms that were more expensive. It's not the Hyatt, but does what it says on the tin.

Very clean, good facilities, atmosphere is more of a budget hotel then a hostel, very good value.

The room is far more better than I expected. Also, the receptionist is amasingly beautiful and kind

We booked a double room and private ensuite and ended up in a huge room for five people! It was great. We found the staff in the resturant very rude. We ordered burgers from the meal deal and didn't get wedges - there was nothing on the menu indicating that wedges were not park of the deal...

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Scotland

Dirty room, unfriendly staff, kitchen facility is not very nice

I just stayed at the Eurohostel for one night. The room was very messy, but all other facilities rather clean. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend it.

• 20th Jan 2014

The room was clean and I really liked the Ware Rooms - which is an adjoining bar/restaurant with the best value meals you can find probably in the whole of Newcastle, though I've had better hot breakfasts. I was honestly cold during the night because there are no radiators and I happened to sleep next to the huge 5mx3m window and some of the windows wouldn't close completely tight. Otherwise, it's a great location and the staff are very friendly and accomodating.

Euro hostel is close to the city centre of Newcastle. Room is clean and spacious. Breakfast is not free but recommendable (GBP3.5 / day).

The staff is amazing. They are friendly, hospitable, and genuine. The facilities are great! The overall building is quite similar to a hotel, nicely put together. You have to pay for the breakfast but they give you a wide variety and it's all you can eat, so it's worth it.

This hostel almost looked like a hotel, the atmosphere was nice and the rooms clean and spacious. We would definitely go back and we would really recommend visiting this hostel once you're going to Newcastle!

• 17th Dec 2013

Worth every penny paid :-)

• 3rd Dec 2013
  • India

Lovely continental breakfast, good price and facilities. But the room was frozen. Not heater and was end of November!

Thought it was strange how our group of 6 was put in a room with 2 people who where already there but apart from that the whole stay was excellent.

• 22nd Nov 2013
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent location just 5 minutes walk from main Station with a good card key system for your room. The room was very basic but clean and tidy. There is a good bar downstairs in the hotel and a reasonable menu too. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are young and travelling in a group or even alone. I am getting old and would have liked the room a bit better but it was good value for the money.

Very clean hostel. It's more like a budget hotel or a bigger bed and brakfast, suitable for all different kinds of people. Families, businessmen, backpackers etc. The location is perfect, it's in the centre of the city and a few minute walk from public transportation and the shopping area. The staff is very helpfull in finding the things you want to see and do. The ware rooms is the cafe beneath, it has a small kitchen, but the food is good and european.

The bathroom was rather dirty and the sink was so small, it was nearly impossible to wash my hands in. The beds were ok, the staff was nice and friendly and my daughter enjoyed the kid's room.

• 28th Oct 2013