Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

All of the staff in Euro were very friendly, however, the room was a bit wet for the bathroom. Hope they could find a way to dry the bathroom quickly. Thanks

It was ok. Rooms felt very cramped (stayed in 8 man dorm). Bunk beds really crammed in.

When I arrived at the dorm the cleaners were still cleaning?..and they left dirty underwear in the shower, the shower hadn't been cleaned and I had a feeling the cleaners were under a lot of stress., my bedside light was ripped off the wall by some polish/latvian builder??, exposing live wires and tripping the electric in the room so I was in pitch black with live wires exposed next to my feet,I told the manager & I wasn't offered another room!!! I won't be going back! My life was in danger!!!!

• 25th Jan 2015

Rooms were clean and spacious. Wifi worked well. I liked that the showers and bathrooms were in the rooms and we had multiple for our 8 beds although we never had more than 3 people. The bar is a great atmosphere for meeting people and cheap drinks. Laundry is free but the dryer doesn't work well, it took us about 4 hours to get a load done. Location is close to the main shopping street and bars. Overall we had a lot of fun here!

This hostel sure wants to squeeze money out of you. Things that are generally considered as good customer service is purchasable. Check in/out details should be disclosed, found out check in is at 3pm when we got there which is pretty late. If you want check in early even if the room is ready, they'll charge you £4 per person. Also check out is at 11am so you have late check in and fairly early check out. Luggage storage comes at a price per piece as well. Not the greatest atmosphere or if any.

Very safe, in a central place in newcastle, with a very good staff. The beds are good, with the bunkbeds just a little close to each other, but fine. The free wii fii also works poorly, but you can buy high speed for 3 pounds a day. Very close to bus station. :)

It was the worst ever hostel i have been. I should have been in a double room and they gave me a four room very unconfortable instead. I really dont recomend it. Besides the matress it was very old very uneasy making the whole experience really bad

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Spain

This is really nice hostel Omg...like hotel I really recommend this hostel

Dont bother with the optional breakfast - its overpriced and the food is average. Strange vibes and a lot of older people staying there. Room was nice and clean.

Nice rooms, nice beds, nice staff. Feels almost like a hotel. Wifi is slow - you can pay to get it faster. I think it should be added to the price as people get dissapointed about the speed and the extra bill. If you arrive before checkin they will charge you extra to store your luggage. Not the best service. Do not ever think about eating breakfast in the bar! It is so bad! 5 £ for a few small sausages and white toast. Go to the city, take a seat in a nice café and get it better and cheaper.

For the money we paid, we got what we expected. We stayed in a room with a double bed and bunkbeds which was fine for the 2 of us. However, the pillows smelled like sick and we had to use pillows from the other beds. The walls were full of holes which must have been punched through by drunk guests. The windows were useless and the room was freezing. The hallway carpets were dirty too. Bu the staff were friendly and helpful, the bed was comfy and the price was low. You get what you pay for.

Nice big hostel with bar and restaurant. I guess it was a low season when I visited, so not many people in the hostel. The staff was nice and it was very clean.

In the bathroom I could not found a places to hang my close e.g like towel,wallet e.t.c

• 6th Nov 2014

Too noisy hostel.... I couldn't sleep deeply, there are reasons that almost customers are so young and never think another customers so shouting. However No workers in this hostel didn't control them. Also it was so uncomfortable to use kitchen. I don't recommend this hostel for my friends absolutely.

My room was clean but the girls room number 311 smelt of pee, don't think it was coming just from toilet. Also chewing gum stuck under top bunk.

• 13th Oct 2014
  • Scotland
  • All Female Group, 41+

Best hostel we've stayed in on our trip so far! It was clean, comfortable, modern and large! There was a great atmosphere in the common areas! Wifi was a bit iffy sometimes but worked when we needed it most! Overall fantastic place, friendly staff and would 100% stay there again!!

Great place, very nice staff very central location, would highly recommend

We stayed in a triple private and the bathroom was a bit strange. The shower sink and toilet were all in the same common space with no divider for the shower. The bedding had a strange perfume that I had a mild skin allergic reaction to (allergy medicine cleared it up). The location wasn't close to anything worthwhile to walk to but it wasn't horrible. Security was good and the bar on the first floor was nice.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels