Euro Hostel Newcastle Reviews

17 Carliol Square, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Wow this place is immaculate. Great if you want clean! The atmosphere was a little boring though, maybe it was because I was there on a weekday but the hostel bar/common room was empty the entire time I was there. Overall very nice hostel though

Rooms are far to hot have stopped here on wintertime and they still far to hot they never seem do do anything to address this!!!' Other wise you can't fault cleanliness .... I have stopped at all hostels in newcastle and this is the cleanest most well maintained I have stayed at .

Noisy, with a party the dorms/hallway until 4am (on week night) with no staff intervention and ambivalence the following morning. Free WiFi was too slow to use and there was a fee for the 'premium wifi'. Other than that functional, but charmless.

• 28th Jun 2015

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful with sorting out our group's payments. The room was clean and recently updated. Two of the four reading lights were missing bulbs, and we couldn't find a TV remote so we had to unplug it to turn it off. It would be nice to have some more hooks or towel bars in the bathroom and bedroom. There was also demolition work going on across the street including jackhammering at 2 am - not the hostel's fault obviously but kind of unfortunate.

Free laundry, nice bar/restaurant downstairs. Lacks kitchen & purpose built lounge/work area. Great modern hostel all the same

Sadly, the kitchen is very small and dark. If you want to cook for yourself, it just isn't fun cooking in a small dark room.

Euro hostel was perfectly clean and modern with secure rooms. The shower in my 8 bed female dorm was pretty average but did have 2 toilets the room which useful. No atmosphere though. Another review website wrongly said it had free breakfast which it hasnt. That was just unfortunate. Their free wifi is absolutely shocking.

• 12th May 2015
  • New Zealand

Advertised single room turned out to be five bunk beds (one double and four single) in a cramped space designed on the cheap. Used the double bed but an uneven mattress resulted in neck & shoulder ache, and the bed lamp wasn't not working. Moreover, the window curtain was loose at the top and so didn't keep out early morning light (6am). No remote to wall mounted TV. Otherwise room and shower/WC cubicle was clean, but built-in a/c was loud. The cooked breakfast was plentiful but of low quality.

• 11th May 2015
  • Denmark

I loved this place - It felt more like a hotel and the staff didn't treat the guests like they were paying hostel prices. It was quite a nice place to stay.

The lights in our room did not work for half our visit. Overall, the hostel was average and I would not recommend.

A good place to be and the restaurant next to the hostel it's an awesome idea

Pay to leave the lagguage after checking out - could be understood even if it is very rare, but 2 GBP per laggage is too much. The rest is very good. Thank you!

• 15th Apr 2015

Wifi is a tragedy and not worth trying to use it unless you pay. Atmosphere is low and the adjoining bar was empty and not cheap. Kitchen was actually really nice and the only place with decent Wifi. Its Newcastle so your choices are limited, I generally try and avoid chains like Eurohostel. Not worth what I paid but decent enough stay and I slept ok

My friend and I stayed in a double private room with ensuite. The room was a good size, the beds comfortable, everything was clean and the bathroom, even though a little bit small (it's just one cubicle), it's more than enough. We didn't make much use of the common rooms, so I cannot comment on those. We just made use of the small tv room, quite nice with all those cushions. Check in is not until 3pm and they will not allow you to enter before (unless that after 11am) you pay £4. Overall nice.

The shower in my dorm didn't work. The Wi-Fi is awful unless you fork out 3 pounds a day for their "faster" Wi-Fi network. If you're checking out and you need to store your bags they charge 2 pound a bag. And I was doing some laundry with another guest who had just checked out less than an hour ago and the staff told him to finish up or they will charge him for late check out. One of the worst hostels I've come across in the UK.

Good value for money. Clean, rooms big enough, everything I expected for the money. The extra-charges for fast internet, luggage or prior check-in could have been mentioned on the website.

Good hostel. It has its own bar and chill out theatre room. Elevators are slow. Located 100m from the megabus stop which was really convenient.

All of the staff in Euro were very friendly, however, the room was a bit wet for the bathroom. Hope they could find a way to dry the bathroom quickly. Thanks

It was ok. Rooms felt very cramped (stayed in 8 man dorm). Bunk beds really crammed in.

View all Newcastle upon Tyne Hostels