Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

Only negative is the button-style showers, which take several minutes to warm, need to be pushed, and basically flood the bathroom. We also had a horrible snorer, but were prepared with ear plugs. Overall, a very good hostel in a fantastic location. Highly recommended.

The hostel was very nice, staff was helpful, and location was very central.

• 27th Apr 2015

The only issue we had was that the cleaner left our window open two days is a row. Anyone could have come into the room - luckily we used the small safe for our passports, laptops etc. the pillows are really bad. Everything else was really great! Staff were lovely.

The timed showers are exhausting having them turn off every 45 seconds or so.

Everything was perfect!

Very nice placar, very clean and organised, close to the central station and not far at all from the center. Recommend it!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The hostel has a very good location (100 meters from main train station,, it is clean and the girls who work in th reception are very friendly. It is not cheap but it is not a bad price due to the fact that is Munich (expensive city). I really recommend this place!

• 20th Apr 2015

This was my first hostel stay on my own and my second experience of a hostel abroad, I can honestly sayI really enjoyed it and I cannot really say anything bad about. The only thing I felt was a negative was that there was no window to open to allow air to flow more freely (although there were air vents) and the result was that the room smelt a bit (like smelly feet) but it wasn't unbearable. The staff were great, smiley and helpful.

• 19th Apr 2015

This was my first hostel and international trip and I was solo! I have to tell u I can not think of a single negative thing. Other than their happy hour prices are so good I will NEVER drink Jagger again! Seriously though squeaky clean, secure scan cards for everything, never waited for a bathroom or shower. Walked everywhere easily. Breakfast was amazing and not some pre packed junk, good variety, eggs, fruit. The front desk is 24/7 and I met tons of people! But it was also so quiet upstairs!

Really nice hostel in a good location with a great bar. staff even returned my necklace after I thought I had lost it.

Good hostel, great location- walking distance to everything. Towels, linens and even a hair dryer provided. Overall wonderful stay, thanks!

I stayed in a 3-Bed mixed dorm on a Friday-Saturday night in mid-April. The room spacious and tidy, facing the street but not in the slightest bit loud. I was a bit worried, since I was on the first floor, that noise from the bar would travel upstairs. This wasn't the case, although I was very tired by the time I came home each night. I was travelling solo, but meeting friends in the city, so I can't speak to how social the hostel is. The bar is fun, and I experienced no "hostel headaches".

Great atmosphere!

This was a really nice hostel! I quite enjoyed my stay! The staff was really friendly and having a bar downstairs to mingle and meet new people was great! It's on a sketchy street, BUT it's so close to the city centre and it didn't feel too insecure at all (and to be honest you turn the corner and it's a totally different environment). I'd definitely stay here again!

While the surrounding neighbourhood is known by locals as Munich's "budget red-light district," I felt quite safe even if it was a bit seedy. The hostel's bar is quite popular amongst locals and the atmosphere during a big match is great, as is the buffet breakfast for 4.90 €. I found the bed in the dorm quite small and I'm a little guy, so I imagine some taller travellers struggling to get comfortable. Other than that, a great budget-friendly option in Munich.

The best hostel to stay in Münich. Love the bar and common area. Close to train or bus station. Breakfest is also good.

I was so surprised when i arrived this hostel, cuz it looks so fancy, like a mansion haha. The bed is so comfortable, normally you don't have this comfortable bed in a youth hostel... They have hair drier in the shower room, everything is super clean. The bar is awesome, great cocktail, and watching football there at night. They also have perfect location! I met a lot of people there! Great fun, definitely will come back again if i go to munich. One of my favorite hostel now. they need a kitchen

• 14th Apr 2015

Location is perfect. It is right next to hbf and takes few minutes to main street. Breakfast is 4.9euro and it worth to pay. They dont allow use kitchen.

Great hostel and very good value for money. Rooms were large and clean although the shower is a little funky and it's hard NOT to get water all over the floor. (At least the showers in the ensuites are like that) there was no toilet paper in the bathroom at first but as soon as I alerted the staff the problem was fixed. Friendly people and the bar has a great vibe. Breakfast is adequate and cheap. Overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

Great hostel. Stayed there both times I was in Munich, and I would definetly stay there again.