Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

Best place I have stayed so far in Munich. Nice bar area, good Wifi. 24/7 door staff who all speak good English and are helpful. Breakfast is pretty nice, though a little costly compared to other German hostels I've stayed in. My only complaint would be the bathroom and shower situation, which is kind of meh.. far from rooms, badly lit, crappy showers.. but it would not stop me from staying there again, and I would definitely recommend this place to friends (and fellow hostelgoers)

Very nice hostel, easy atmosphere to meet people.

Great location to many attractions. Although it's next to the Central Station, but it's quiet enough for you to sleep at night. Good security, spacious dorm room and clean. A bit troublesome with the shower since it goes off like every minute, but it's not a deal breaker. Staff are friendly and helpful.

It was a good hostel to stay. The breakfast was also good.

The bar is very lively most nights. The hostel was also very near the train station which was super convenient when arriving and departing. The reception staff were also super helpful, printing tickets for me. The communal showers were alright and I didn't have to wait at all to use them.

Only negative is the button-style showers, which take several minutes to warm, need to be pushed, and basically flood the bathroom. We also had a horrible snorer, but were prepared with ear plugs. Overall, a very good hostel in a fantastic location. Highly recommended.

The hostel was very nice, staff was helpful, and location was very central.

• 27th Apr 2015

The only issue we had was that the cleaner left our window open two days is a row. Anyone could have come into the room - luckily we used the small safe for our passports, laptops etc. the pillows are really bad. Everything else was really great! Staff were lovely.

The timed showers are exhausting having them turn off every 45 seconds or so.

Everything was perfect!

Very nice placar, very clean and organised, close to the central station and not far at all from the center. Recommend it!

• 22nd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

The hostel has a very good location (100 meters from main train station,, it is clean and the girls who work in th reception are very friendly. It is not cheap but it is not a bad price due to the fact that is Munich (expensive city). I really recommend this place!

• 20th Apr 2015

This was my first hostel stay on my own and my second experience of a hostel abroad, I can honestly sayI really enjoyed it and I cannot really say anything bad about. The only thing I felt was a negative was that there was no window to open to allow air to flow more freely (although there were air vents) and the result was that the room smelt a bit (like smelly feet) but it wasn't unbearable. The staff were great, smiley and helpful.

• 19th Apr 2015

This was my first hostel and international trip and I was solo! I have to tell u I can not think of a single negative thing. Other than their happy hour prices are so good I will NEVER drink Jagger again! Seriously though squeaky clean, secure scan cards for everything, never waited for a bathroom or shower. Walked everywhere easily. Breakfast was amazing and not some pre packed junk, good variety, eggs, fruit. The front desk is 24/7 and I met tons of people! But it was also so quiet upstairs!

Really nice hostel in a good location with a great bar. staff even returned my necklace after I thought I had lost it.

Good hostel, great location- walking distance to everything. Towels, linens and even a hair dryer provided. Overall wonderful stay, thanks!

I stayed in a 3-Bed mixed dorm on a Friday-Saturday night in mid-April. The room spacious and tidy, facing the street but not in the slightest bit loud. I was a bit worried, since I was on the first floor, that noise from the bar would travel upstairs. This wasn't the case, although I was very tired by the time I came home each night. I was travelling solo, but meeting friends in the city, so I can't speak to how social the hostel is. The bar is fun, and I experienced no "hostel headaches".

Great atmosphere!

This was a really nice hostel! I quite enjoyed my stay! The staff was really friendly and having a bar downstairs to mingle and meet new people was great! It's on a sketchy street, BUT it's so close to the city centre and it didn't feel too insecure at all (and to be honest you turn the corner and it's a totally different environment). I'd definitely stay here again!

While the surrounding neighbourhood is known by locals as Munich's "budget red-light district," I felt quite safe even if it was a bit seedy. The hostel's bar is quite popular amongst locals and the atmosphere during a big match is great, as is the buffet breakfast for 4.90 €. I found the bed in the dorm quite small and I'm a little guy, so I imagine some taller travellers struggling to get comfortable. Other than that, a great budget-friendly option in Munich.