Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

This was my first hostel and international trip and I was solo! I have to tell u I can not think of a single negative thing. Other than their happy hour prices are so good I will NEVER drink Jagger again! Seriously though squeaky clean, secure scan cards for everything, never waited for a bathroom or shower. Walked everywhere easily. Breakfast was amazing and not some pre packed junk, good variety, eggs, fruit. The front desk is 24/7 and I met tons of people! But it was also so quiet upstairs!

Really nice hostel in a good location with a great bar. staff even returned my necklace after I thought I had lost it.

Good hostel, great location- walking distance to everything. Towels, linens and even a hair dryer provided. Overall wonderful stay, thanks!

I stayed in a 3-Bed mixed dorm on a Friday-Saturday night in mid-April. The room spacious and tidy, facing the street but not in the slightest bit loud. I was a bit worried, since I was on the first floor, that noise from the bar would travel upstairs. This wasn't the case, although I was very tired by the time I came home each night. I was travelling solo, but meeting friends in the city, so I can't speak to how social the hostel is. The bar is fun, and I experienced no "hostel headaches".

Great atmosphere!

This was a really nice hostel! I quite enjoyed my stay! The staff was really friendly and having a bar downstairs to mingle and meet new people was great! It's on a sketchy street, BUT it's so close to the city centre and it didn't feel too insecure at all (and to be honest you turn the corner and it's a totally different environment). I'd definitely stay here again!

While the surrounding neighbourhood is known by locals as Munich's "budget red-light district," I felt quite safe even if it was a bit seedy. The hostel's bar is quite popular amongst locals and the atmosphere during a big match is great, as is the buffet breakfast for 4.90 €. I found the bed in the dorm quite small and I'm a little guy, so I imagine some taller travellers struggling to get comfortable. Other than that, a great budget-friendly option in Munich.

The best hostel to stay in Münich. Love the bar and common area. Close to train or bus station. Breakfest is also good.

I was so surprised when i arrived this hostel, cuz it looks so fancy, like a mansion haha. The bed is so comfortable, normally you don't have this comfortable bed in a youth hostel... They have hair drier in the shower room, everything is super clean. The bar is awesome, great cocktail, and watching football there at night. They also have perfect location! I met a lot of people there! Great fun, definitely will come back again if i go to munich. One of my favorite hostel now. they need a kitchen

• 14th Apr 2015

Location is perfect. It is right next to hbf and takes few minutes to main street. Breakfast is 4.9euro and it worth to pay. They dont allow use kitchen.

Great hostel and very good value for money. Rooms were large and clean although the shower is a little funky and it's hard NOT to get water all over the floor. (At least the showers in the ensuites are like that) there was no toilet paper in the bathroom at first but as soon as I alerted the staff the problem was fixed. Friendly people and the bar has a great vibe. Breakfast is adequate and cheap. Overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

Great hostel. Stayed there both times I was in Munich, and I would definetly stay there again.

For young and single people the atmosphere is great. Breakfast and location were also good. Friendly staff at reception

NOT A HOSTEL - a budget hotel with a bar really. Felt like you were there to be profited from. I stayed in a five bed and then a 12 bed dorm. 12 bed dorm was better! Staff unhelpful. Showers had these horrible spring loaded doors so we're hard to get in and out of. 12 bed dorm' showers were very communal - prepare yourself. The worst thing is atmosphere and location. Hard for solo traveller to meet people in this bar area and the location is the most unappealing, grimy and shady area of Munich.

Very close to the train station. You can walk to most of the tourist attraction from the hostel. The staff is ready to help anytime.

• 12th Apr 2015

Overall great place to stay at Munich 😊

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Mexico

Awesome hostel! The bar is great; met a lot of nice people. Yet, the rooms are very clean and quiet. Nice to have a sink in the room. Will definitely stay here again when in Munich

I don't know if this was the best hostel for a solo traveler, as most people already had friends and we're antisocial. Our room was nice but very small and hot. The bar was a nice addition and the common area I really liked as well, I wish they had a proper kitchen though. Sometimes my roommates were really loud and we could hear the bar because we were on the first floor. Decent hostel With a perfect location, right across from the train station.

the hostel itself was fine, but in an area that made me slightly uncomfortable at night (but had the advantage of being very close to the train station!). staff were friendly, bar seemed energetic though we didn't enter. only bad thing that happened here was a drunken man in our dorm vomited everywhere in the middle of the night; not the hostel's fault and the staff were very good about cleaning it up!

Good location. Good beers. Good to have curtains and lamp in the bed. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Clean with quite a lot of shower rooms. Suggest to have a well equiped kitchen for customers. Highly recommend to stay here!