Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

Really close to the train station. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice breakfast buffet, I really liked the muffins. Affordable. The rooms are nice. My only critism of the entire joint is the pillows are not very good. I really enjoyed my stay here.

Thanks for a great few days?

We were very pleased with the hostel and what it offered.

I really wish I had stayed longer at this hostel! It had a great atmosphere! A little over priced but overall a good value. Only downside was the lack of air conditioning, but they did provide a fan for each room which significantly dropped the temperature. The walls are fairly thin but not too bad. The bar is also super popular and very fun. I would stay here again.

Myself and my friend stayed in a 12 bed dorm which was much nicer than expected. The hostel generally was very clean, especially the bathrooms/ showers. The bunk beds are really nice wooden ones, and have a light and plug socket for each which was a major plus!!! The safety deposit boxes in reception were useful and storage for your backpack under the bunk was good. The location is great, the only downside was no kitchen. I would stay again - it was one of my favorite hostels on the trip.

Nice hostel, good location and nice size rooms with lockers for bags. bit of a sketchy area but didn't really matter. hostel had good bar with cheap drinks and serves as a really good social place also.

This is an excellent hostel, the location is literally a 5 minute walk from the station, next to all the other hostels. Rooms were lovely although they were hot you did have a fan to keep you cool. Plenty of locker space in the room to store valuables. Wifi excellent. They also have a bar area which if you book the Sandemans Beer Challenge tour you will finish up in your own hostel with a free beer!!

It was great!

Horrible location and not a safe street.

Hi, thanks for the review. Our street is full of hostels and 4 star hotels. Munich is a very safe city and the station area has the densest concentration of hotels in the city. Indeed most guests rate the location very highly due to the proximity of the station.. which of course is very handy for an easy arrival and departure and is also the transport hub for the city and the region. We are also only a couple of minutes walk from the start of the pedestrian zone (old city). Best wishes, EYH

It wasn't the best area to stay in but it was great to stay next to the train station! As well as having our bar busy every night!

This was the best hostel I stayed in. It was the most expensive in all the cities I visited but it was the cleanest, comfiest and had the best facilities. The bar is cheap and lively, the breakfast good enough if it comes included, I wouldn't pay for it though. It also has free computers to use and free printing for those cheap airlines that make you wait to check in until a week before. It is a good location for the main station, lovely beer halls and all the sites. Would recommend to anyone.

I stayed here for 4 nights. Right next to main train station makes it super convenient. Security was great despite outside possibly telling a different story- it got really loud at night- highly recommend courtyard room to avoid that . Buffett breakfast for 5 euros was a great value and facilities were clean. Only thing that wasn't great was 30 degree temps with non A/C hostel but I don't usually think that's normal for Munich. Bathrooms clean.

• 20th Jul 2015

The best hostel I've ever stayed in. Common area/bar is fantastic, whether for drinks in the evening or doing travel planning. You'll need to buy a breakfast ticket for a few euros if you want brekky, but it's worth it - best hostel food you'll ever get.

great location, friendly staff, located in the heart of Munich, short walk fro the Hbf (main train station). easy to meet people if you are a solo traveler, everyone there seemed friendly and down to hang out. easy walking to Marienplatz, Englischer Garten, etc., and trains are close by to go further for day trips (like Neuschwanstein Castle). cleanliness was ok, but I didn't mind it much. I would stay here again.

This was my first overseas hostel experience and it set the bar really high. A special thank you to the lovely receptionist who helped try and find a train ticket I booked online but disappeared into the weather.

• 17th Jul 2015

The room i was in was connected to an other room whitch mean. If they dont close their light it was the same as if we had ours open.

The hostel was close to the train station which was very convenient for day trips, but the area was quite dodgy and you have to walk or take transit to anywhere you want to go in the city. The room was nice, but extremely hot. It was difficult to sleep. I didn't like how there was no fridge for guests to keep some food. The hostel was mediocre; I likely would not stay there again.

More like a hotel! Although I felt like because it was so big that as a solo traveler I felt less of a community among the travelers.

The breakfast was great and I liked the lounge/bar area downstairs. A good way to meet people. Great location!