Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

Great hostel. Location perfect. I would stay again.

One of the best hostels to meet travellers. Sturdy comfortable beds, awesome bar and fantastic chilled atmosphere with staff who are happy to be there and help

• 11th Sep 2015

Great bar, great people, great city! Rooms were far too warm but everything else was super! 👍🏼

I find staff members polite and competent. The room was clean. This was my second stay and I shall come again.

Great place would recommend it. Room above us got loud on a Friday night at 2am, but just remember guidelines ask for quiet in sleeping area after eleven. They took care of everything. Very helpful staff and good breakfast. Unfortunately, "everyone checks in at the same time" as the saying goes and I wish they had had more staff to check people in. Waiting ten to fifteen minutes was still no big deal in the grand scheme of things and the stay was great. Would recommend and stay here again.

Major attraction was convenience to rail station. Only drawback was the somewhat seedy nature of street. Not sure if there have been any security issues or not but it felt like a somewhat insecure area. With regard to the room, I would suggest an improvement in the shelf storage for the top bunks. Floor beds have the floor to place stuff, the top bunk has only one small shelf. It is very easy to dislodge stuff from the shelf in the middle of the night as the person below me discovered.

• 10th Sep 2015

The communal bathrooms were not clean, even though cleaning is signed off several times a day. The bar is right next to the dormitories and plays loud music every night and even on one of our nights a live band was playing on the other side of the wall to us. The room was hot and stuffy with not ventilation. For the price we paid in comparison to other hostels, I did not find this very accomodating. The majority of places to stay are located in Munichs worst area, this one included.

Great place. We felt very safe and had no problems at all. One of the best Hostels we stayed so far with great staff and accommodations, clean rooms and bathrooms and nice breakfast (extra charge). We felt very safe with the key card system and very nice lockers in the rooms. Location is very central, 5 minutes to the main station.

• 10th Sep 2015

The location is good and the hostel is very clean. The bar is awesome. The only drawback is that there are no good places to eat around the hostel.

Had a great stay here before Oktoberfest! The staff were really great and answered all my questions, believe me there were a lot of them! The location is next to the main train station and metro so you can get wherever you need in very little time. Or you can walk 10 minutes to the Marienplatz. Breakfast was good, worth the money. I was upgraded to a 4 bed room and have absolutely no complaints! Would definitely recommend staying here.

I feel uncomfortable with mixed room with man and women in the same room.

I loved that the beds were made for me. Often I get in late at night and trying to do this without waking anyone is hard. The staff were all incredible here and the bed was very comfortable. The location is also great as it is so close to the central train station. I would definitely stay here again!

Wonderful hostel, the free walking tour was fantastic and the staff were super open minded and helped me out so so much!!

Excellent hostel. I'd recommend it to anyone visiting Munich!

Staff are very nice and helpful, clean in everything. As mentioned in their profile, they don't have kitchen, so I am fine with that because it is only short stay for me. the only thing is the Room D, very near to the Bar, so it might get very noisy until they end the party. Other than that, everything is prefect!

Great location, great staff, great bar and good wifi connection. Will be recommending to other people and would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in Munich

We have stayed only one night. The staff was really nice and the atmosphere was good. The hostel is only a few minutes walking distance to the main train station. Given that the hostel is so close to the main train station, you might encounter weird people in this area. However, the city centre is just 5 minutes walking distance.

BEST hostel I've ever stayed in! We had a five person private room which was very spacious and had a table and chairs in it and an en-suit bathroom. We also had use of the very clean communal toilets and showers. Continental breakfast buffet is from 7-11 with an additional cost of €4.90 per breakfast. The hostel also has its own bar that serves good beer at low prices and is open late. No noise can be heard once you're past reception though! Hostel is a 5 minute walk from main train station.

• 3rd Sep 2015
  • Scotland

Hostel was a 10 minute walk from Marien Platz so quite a good location although not the nicest of areas (right next to the station though!) Didn't have the breakfast because we thought it was a bit expensive, considering that all you can eat breakfast in Berlin was €3 (€6.90 here). No kitchen too with limited cheap eating options nearby. Also, the toilets are quite a distance from the room, although clean and plenty of them. A good cheaper option in Munich, just an expensive city!

Great hostel with great bar!