Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

Good access, friendly staff!! I made a mistake for my date but they were really helpful!!! Thank you!!

• 14th May 2014
  • Japan

Great hostel! Close to main train station so it is easy to get to anywhere. Great breakfast and facilities.

The drain of bath room is clogged by hair. Make me feel dirty.

Hello and thanks for your review. Drains can sometimes get clogged in communal showers where multiple people use them daily, but I can assure you that we make sure the drains are regularly cleaned to avoid excessive build-up. Hopefully you had a great time in Munich.

This was my second time staying at EYH and it was better than the first! I had a room close to the bar but the soundproofing is excellent because I didn't hear a thing. The funky smell in the bathroom was gone, which is awesome. I still hate the fact you have to walk downstairs for the main bathroom for the 12 bed dorm but there's not much that can be done about that!

This was our favorite place we stayed at during our trip to Europe. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and showers were good. The bar area was fun and we met some pretty cool people there. I highly recommend doing the FREE walking tours! Do it ASAP when you get there to get acquainted with the area.

my room had a really bad odor.... was stinky,.. so we had to let the door open,.... using a chair to avoid the door get closed... too many noises with so many doors... I know that is for safety but it is noisy... thanks for everything staff... :) your job was good.

the majority of the staff are great, one of the girls (cant remember name) is extremely helpful even after I had to change rooms twice. very clean very safe very nice hostel what you expect from munich hostels. like most big hostel it has a bar and events but good atmosphere but not electric just like many hostels

While the location is fantastic the room was really small and had no windows. Slept without my blankets on and woke up covered in bites? Didn't seem like bed bugs but definitely got eaten by something. I didn't like the bathroom being downstairs but the staff were helpful and the price wasn't bad.

Everything was good but they overbooked our room on the first night... At least the staff was very friendly while dealing with it and offered free drinks to make amends. Bar and breakfast in a lounge-style room great to meet people. Location is great, very close to Central Station.

Our 4 person room was HUGE with a sink and table included. The bar was awesome. GREAT happy hour which lasted forever (like 4-10 or something?). The food didn't look great, however. We did laundry here, which was pretty expensive and not too many machines but it did the job. Employees were super helpful and nice. Right near the train station but a 10-15 minute walk from the Hauptstrasse. Really, the best thing was the bar which was awesome and a very social area.

The staff were really friendly and helpful, the bar was buzzing and the beds were comfortable. I was worried the main floor (I stayed in room A) would be too noisy with bar music but I didn't notice it at all. The bathrooms were in the basement, though, which was a bit annoying, and they had a slightly funky smell. I felt the cleanliness of the sinks could be improved - lots of hair - but it's also up to the guests to be respectful. I will stay here again!

A safe haven, very near the train station. Great place for younger travelers. Watch out for the blast of cold shower water, but otherwise was fine. Nice breakfast and very helpful staff.

I really liked the beds in this hostel as it is often rare to get a good nights sleep in a hostel but here it was possible! The beds are full wood so no noise and there is a curtain for privacy. The negative thing is that the floor never got washed in my room( the rest of hostel was clean) so it was smelly and sticky. Otherwise the atmosphere was good, bar was very alive although i think 30% were Locals there for the cheap beer. The staff was very friendly and happy to explain the sightseeing.

I found it to be very loud, but I guess that's understandable as I was there on the night before a public holiday. The security was really good and I appreciated the free luggage check.

Had a great stay here: staff were helpful and well informed, and the hostel bar was very friendly. A pretty easy 10 minute walk to the old town, and very easy to get to from the train station.

Really close to the main train station. It is next door to two other youth hostels so it can be a little loud at night. Close walking distance to ATMs, food outlets and grocery stores. Would recommend.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice common areas and good internet connection. Facilities are lovely and kept in excellent condition.

• 29th Apr 2014
  • Slovenia

great location and very friendly staff, would definitely come again :)

The location is very near main station and the staff are so nice!! Bedrooms and bathrooms are very clean. This is my second time to live here. However, actually the first time experience is not quite good. The first time my friend and I live at first floor, there is a party till 3 or 4 am I guess, and the sound insulation is very bad that we even couldn't fall asleep. But this time I live at second floor, it's really good!!

This is probably the best hostel I have yet to stay in, in Europe! Totally worth it! Happy hour drink specials are great as are the staff. Was slightly under-impressed with the breakfast buffet but that's a small thing-still a great experience!

• 27th Apr 2014