Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

I can't say enough good things about this hostel! From the excellent staff, big rooms, clean bathrooms, amazing bar to meet other travellers, cheap breakfast and location this was by far our favourite hostel if the five countries we travelled to! We will definitely be visiting again!!!

Fantastic Hostel! Front desk was friendly and helpful. Good prices and value. Rooms were a good size. Outlets weren't in that great of locations though. Wi-fi was great with free computers for use. Common area was comfortable and great to meet people. Bar had a great happy hour with good prices. Highly recommend!

Underbed lockers a bit too small

I was in a 10 person, and was surprised by how much room we actually had. The bar/common room area was nice, although bartenders a little snooty. Walking tour linked with the hostel was fantastic! Definitely recommend. Bathrooms weren't great, they are located downstairs from room and the showers were small without much privacy. Breakfast is available in the morning but its not too great, better to go to nearby bakery. Close to train station which is nice when traveling, but its not noisy!

Great location. Great staff!

• 21st Jun 2014

Very good location. Very close to Munich Hbf. There was a small piece of pink plastic inside the bed sheet and the blanket. Looking back, it looked like a piece of washed and dried condom piece. Eeewww!! Other than that, everything else was ok although a soap dish and a shower caddy for your shampoo and conditioner and some hooks for clothes inside the shower would be very much appreciated by travelers.

This hostel was very well located and the staff was knowledgable and helpful with making the most of time. I'm not much of a partier but for those that are interested the bar seems to be very popular place to hang in the evenings.

Overall, a great hostel. You have to pay for towels and locks if you don't have them, but those were the only minor drawbacks. Fantastic location, great bar, very helpful staff.

Great location and bar atmosphere at night. Clean facilities. Aldi around the corner and a Rewe down the street (1 € beers).

• 17th Jun 2014

Staff great! Room good with massive lockers! Don`t forget your padlocks!

Excellent location. The WiFi is also quite stable. I have stayed in this hostel for 2 nights as well as 2 nights in Wombats next door. I would say the atmosphere is a bit better in Wombats especially for the bar, while this hostel gets better staff and WiFi. Both are quite good though!

Best hostel I've stayed at! Rooms and bathrooms were clean and spacious. Outlets, lighting, and a small shelf on every bed. Lockers underneath the beds were large and able to fit a carry-on size suitcase plus a backpack and a purse. Wifi worked well and the location was great! A bit of a walking distance from major sites, but completely doable. Another plus includes that its literally right across the street from the train station and a grocery store nearby!

Great place to stay. Out of all 3 on Senefelderstraße this is the best one.

• 13th Jun 2014

well-located right by central station. stayed for four nights in an 8 bed dorm. beds were ok and everything was very safe (key card swipe axis everywhere) although you have to either buy or bring a lock for the lockers. more of a drinking/party vibe but I preferred the bar at the wombat next door. no kitchen! but I was told that's a law in munich or something so not there fault. it also sometimes felt unclean and parts smelled weird. totally fine place to crash but I wouldn't stay again

The staff was very friendly. They told us about a free walking tour that they have twice a day everyday. We took the tour and it was amazingly informative and our tour guide was very enthusiastic. The hostel is a 15 min walk to Marienplatz and 2 blocks from the Munich main train station. We got a double bed private room and it was much larger than we expected, which was really nice.

A very centrally located hostel. Great atmospehere, awesome bar -especially to watch WC2014 games on the big screen- and clean rooms. A very nice stay overall.

I had a very pleasant stay at Euro Youth Hotel Munich. Rooms were clean and spacious and the staff members were very friendly. I would definitely stay here again!

I enjoyed my stay here but during a hot spell in Munich our room was very warm! Be aware that there is no air conditioning here.

• 10th Jun 2014

The hostel was great except the street was very loud at night from many people drinking in the street from this and other neighboring hostels.

• 10th Jun 2014

We loved our stay at this hostel. A very fun environment where we felt safe the entire time. The only issue was there was no AC and it was so hot in the rooms at night we could barely sleep. Would be 100% if we would have had a fan!

• 9th Jun 2014