Euro Youth Hostel Reviews

Senefelder Str.5, Munich, Germany

More of a hotel then a hostel, there is a kitchen, bar and games area but it was just not very homely, the rooms were great though, the eight bed room is really 2, 4 bed rooms connected and share a bathroom.

We stayed in the 12 bed dorm which was right next to the bar. It was a little noisy, but it all eventually became white noise and we were so tired from the day so it wasn't that hard to fall asleep. We also slept in the back of the very narrow room which was nice because no one walked by our beds. The room was nice and clean. There is good security as it is pretty difficult for someone without a card to get in. There was a bar which looked poppin, but we did not have a chance to go in.

Good location, good facilities (I just miss a kitchen), great breakfast for a chep price, staff willing to help and an interesting bar and beer tour leaving from the hostel.

Short walk from the main train station in Munich, and about a 15 minute walk to the main square. we booked a private 3 person room & it was huge with a sitting area too. Unfortunately no kitchen to do your own cooking but bar downstairs was super cheap & good for food too. Would stay here again.

The Hostel is in a really great location if you're travelling by train. It's about 3 minutes walk from the station and about 5 or 10 mins walk from the centre of the city. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and gave us some really good recommendation for places to eat and drink. The bar has a really nice atmosphere and even though it was open late, you couldn't hear it from the room. Breakfast was included in our booking which was a nice surprise!

It is really near the central station. 5 min walk. Staffs were really nice. They were friendly and very helpful for the people who havent been in Munich before. Toilet and shower rooms are fairly clean.

Clean hostel to stay in, but overpriced

Very nice hostel! Lively bar at night, do the beer tour that leaves from the hostel! Only knock was the cleaning staff woke me up everyday when they came in to empty the trash. One day 3 different people came in to tell me I had to leave (I had made 2 separate back to back reservations, so I understand the confusion, but after the first person there should've been some communication) Nevertheless, I had a blast here!

It was a good for a quick stay as it is very close to the central station. The location is good as it's in the heart of the city. The people around the area can be a bit doggy but generally it's fine. It can get quite noisy at night as it's close to two bars, so if you want sleep, bring ear-plugs. The facilities were average, the shower was too tall for me and the water didn't run very well. There were no blinds and no towels provided. The floor was also not very clean.

Can't fault this place at all. Staff were super friendly, wifi was excellent, bar ruined me (in the best way possible). The bar was a place that locals came too as well for an after work drink so it was good to meet some locals. The Italian bar man, I have to say, was my favourite. Honestly regretting I didn't stay for MUCH longer

Nice place, though everything was kind of expensive (room prices, breakfast etc) but I guess Munich is a rather expensive city. Rooms and bathrooms were clean, all over a good hostel.

The hostel was great- friendly people, fun atmosphere. The location was not ideal and I felt a little unsafe in the area after stepping outside.

• 25th Jun 2015

Hi Thanks for your review, I'm really happy that you enjoyed the hostel. Regarding the location... while the neighbourhood around the station can look a little seedy after dark (there are a couple of strip bars in the adjacent streets), Munich is a very safe city and the station area is as safe as any other. Our street is full of hostels and 4 star hotels (no strip bars), and the station area has the highest concentration of hotels in Munich. thanks, EYH Munich

The bar was so good, cheap drinks and super cool vibe. Met heaps of great people. The staff were amazing! I got really sick and was throwing up and staying in a 10 bed dorm was not ideal. They put me up in a single room for free so I could sleep and feel better. Can't say enough about this place. Worth the cost for sure.

Euro Youth Hostel is very central with only a 2 minute walk the Munich Central Station, and approximately 15 minute walk to city centre of Marienplatz. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and tidy. Shared bathroom and showers also very clean. All you can eat breakfast.

We only paid €11 a night AND they had the cheapest laundry in 5 countries. Breakfast was great, only an extra 4 Euro and met some awesome people. Bring some currency from back home (unless your American, way too many dollars already), and you can add it to the awesome pillar in the bar. Shout out to Mous, aka Egyptian bae behind the bar. He is easily the most entertaining bartender in Europe.

It is a good place to stay and I love the 4 people mixed room. Every bed has an outlet. Very clean.

The hostel was great and has many activities that left directly from there.

This is a very social hostel. If you like clubbing or just sitting around in the hostel pub meeting new people, this is the place.

It is a bit costly the price for a private room yet shared bathroom.The bar is where one can makes own drinks and snacks but is crowded with beer drinkers most of the time and has to give way to them.It would be nice to have another corner for those who don't' drink.

I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The bar and the pub crawl are a lot of fun. The dorm rooms are big and secure with large lockers for your bags. The location is great, right opposite the main train station and a few minutes walk into the main square.

• 17th Jun 2015