Fattoria del Bassetto Reviews

Via Avanella 42, Certaldo, Florence, Italy

Nice to have a good sized kitchen to cook in, with pick your own herbs outside. A welcoming place to get away from the noise of cities. It's a half hour walk to the train station though, so be prepared for that.

• 24th Jul 2014

A wonderful spot to pause. I had a prebooked train to Rome or I would have stayed more days. Swim in the pool, lounge in the shade, share a meal.

LOVED my stay here and am already planning trip back. Location is amazing for true Tuscan experience. Staff are friendly and helpful. Met some great people staying there too. Easy to get around by walking and public transport to Florence, Pisa, Sienna, etc. Cannot recommend highly enough!

This place was my favorite stay in Italy... it is a beautiful property. Sabrina was helpful in every way. I loved the hammocks in the courtyard.

This place is great for a chance to slow down and take in the Tuscan countryside, perfect break on a holiday that was keeping a fairly hectic pace! Staff are lovely, very helpful and flexible. We weren't sure about getting there because of a train strike but they left keys out for us just in case we did make it. Wifi only at reception but that's normal. Kitchen facilities are basic but has everything you need :) definitely would recommend this place if you want to see the Tuscan countryside!

I would definitely recommend this place, I stayed an extra 2 days. A good base to visit Pisa, Sienna and Florence. There is wine tasting and a italian cookery classes, swimming pool and more.

It was a pretty decent hostel with a very good location if you live in riomaggiore.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The people were all awesome and super chill, and the town and surrounding areas are simply beautiful! It's also easy to take day trips to bigger cities

It was such a beautiful and relaxing place. Definitely a must stay if you want to get out if the city and into Tuscany.

I stayed at this hostel because I wanted to explore the Tuscan countryside. This place was a seminary turned into a villa. It felt like an authentic experience. Also, the hostel set up a dinner with a local farmer. It was an amazing experience! Wine, pasta, vineyards, it was one of the best experiences I had in Italy. They also helped me with a Vespa rental, which made going around the countryside even more fun. This place is a no frills, simple place with lots of character, not a fancy hostel.

Although a bit of a hike from the station it is definitely worth it, the guesthouse is beautiful and added with the atmosphere makes it my favourite hostel we've stayed in Italy. Certaldo is a cute town in itself, and is a great chilled out base for exploring Tuscany. Florence, Siena, and many more smaller towns are easily accessible by train/bus.

Great atmosphere. A little difficult to find at first and quite a walking distance to town. The old part of Certaldo is amazing and a must to visit. The road and railway line is close to the property so quite noisy. We had a double room with a shared bathroom, found we were locked out a bit.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

This place is magical! We had been travelling for nearly a month when we got there, and after all the tourism, and busy cities,it was like getting holidays from our holidays. We spent most of our time reading at the hammocks looking at the nature, feeling the sunshine and the wind (time so well spent!!). We didn't explore much around, but Certaldo is lovely neighborhood, with amazing (AND CHEAP) restaurants.Everything smell like flowers, at night you can see fireflies and the stars,amazing

Wonderful atmosphere. There are no locks on anything but you feel safe nonetheless. The property is beautiful and there is plenty of opportunity and desire to spend time just at the hostel (alone or with the new people you will meet). I really enjoyed my 3-night stay here and wish I could have booked another. The walk to and from the train station is a little tricky when you have luggage. It's completely worth it for the experience you get here, though.

• 21st Jun 2014

If you want a relaxing get away this is certainly the place to go to. We stayed here for two nights and it was perfect to unwind and relax in their hammocks under the sun. Pure bliss. Only negative comment was our bed was broken. The slats kept popping out which was really annoying. But meh! would stay here again in a heart beat

Amazing stay at this hostel. The only problem is that it's a bit far away from everything (train station, supermarket and even other Toscan cities). With that being said, if you want to get away a bit from big city centers, this place is perfect!

The historic building that the hostel is in is very cool, but it is quite old and you sense that in the facilities. For example, the door to our private room did not have a key, so we could not lock it. Also, the bathroom and shower facilities were not particularly nice. The setting of the hostel is incredible and beautiful, though, and we were ok making the sacrifice of comfort for the unique opportunity to stay in a beautiful place like this in Tuscany.

The most 'hostel' hostel experience I had throughout the trip. The amount of people I met in this hostel alone dwarfs the amount of people I met in the rest of my hostels combined. While the building isn't the newest (and it does look kinda scary when entering at night), it turned out to be a pleasant stay. Certaldo itself is definitely not a household name, but the surrounding towns, most notably San Gimignano are well worth a visit. In that sense, it made for a great base to work from.

I had a good stay there, met great people. Helpful staff

The staff was fantastic! The rooms were very clean. I wish I could have spent more time at the actual hostel because it had so much to offer. However, I only had one full day to see Florence so I had limited time to see the hostel. My advice would be to spend a day just at the hostel relaxing in the hammocks or grab a bike (free!) and bike around the lovely town. I definitely recommend this hostel! :)