Fattoria del Bassetto Reviews

Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence, Italy

I was seeking a true Tuscany experience when travelling through Italy. I stepped onto Fattoria del Bassetto's property and I was not let down. The history, the atmosphere, the people all made my stay memorable. If you want something a bit off the beaten path, I highly suggest staying here. The setting is quaint. The rooms are well kept. The people that pass through become like family - Fattoria creates an experience you won't get in the city.

• 14th Aug 2014

The place is beautiful, and the rooms were very clean. I loved the pool and the big garden! My staying there was very relaxing, I enjoyed it very much. Highly reccomnded for people who just want to chill and have a good time!

If I were to replan my trip to Florence, I would choose to stay here ten times out of ten. For other travellers I met here and myself, our stay at Fattoria was a much needed break from city life. Clean and cozy. Lastly, though this hostel is away from the city centre, it is just a train ride away from Florence. The location is also great for a day trip to Siena, which I recommend. Perfect for a 3-4 night stay.

It's hard to describe Fattoria del Bassetto properly in words. For lack of anything better, it is nothing short of outstanding. If you are travelling through Italy and exhausted from staying in large city after large city, this is the perfect place to set up home base and take day trips to Florence, Pisa, Siena, San Gimignano or even to just stay in there local area (my girlfriend and I had trouble leaving!). Try the pasta night with Stefano, you won't be disappointed! Thank you for the stay!

• 26th Jul 2014

Absolutely loved this hostel! Had a really great atmosphere everyone knew everyone by the end of the stay, it gave us a chance to get away from the crowds at the big cities but you can do day trips to Florence and Pisa really easily and then come back to the hostel and cook your own meal and relax. Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting to get an authentic Italian experience.

In room "Contessa".Bedbugs on the bed&wall,disgusting. A lovely couple offered an extra bed for the night as the hotel staff was nowhere to be found. I showed the manager a few bedbugs I killed, she said they had the same problem in that room in the past. I suggested they throw out the mattress out, they fumigated the room again like they had in the past. Manager offered another room but I left instead, can't risk bedbugs, they can be a nightmare to get rid of. 30-40min walk from train station.

• 25th Jul 2014

Nice to have a good sized kitchen to cook in, with pick your own herbs outside. A welcoming place to get away from the noise of cities. It's a half hour walk to the train station though, so be prepared for that.

We had problems finding the hostel. The directions on hostelworld for arriving by car are poor, Garmin didn't find the address and we saw no signs for the hostel.

I loved this beautiful hostel but we arrived late at night and there were no lights going to the house and luckily people were awake to tell us where our room was there were no staff so we had to check in, in the morning. I would recommend to stay for a few days to look around tuscany anf certaldo and see the beautiful surroundings I wish we could have.

Great hostel and great people. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the people i met! Highly recommend to anyone after a holiday from your holiday. A great place to see tuscany!

Cannot speak highly enough of this place! Certaldo is terrific. Thought I would be commuting to Florence only to get wrapped in all that Tuscany has to offer.

A wonderful spot to pause. I had a prebooked train to Rome or I would have stayed more days. Swim in the pool, lounge in the shade, share a meal.

LOVED my stay here and am already planning trip back. Location is amazing for true Tuscan experience. Staff are friendly and helpful. Met some great people staying there too. Easy to get around by walking and public transport to Florence, Pisa, Sienna, etc. Cannot recommend highly enough!

Makes me wonder if those positive reviewers were not related to the owner. Overpriced, far from Florence (will cost you at least 12 euros extras roundtrip each day) on top of the 10 extra that this hostel costs. No ventilator in the rooms, HOT, FULL of mosquitoes, must have gotten at least 30 bites, ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE to sleep during summer, 1 bathroom only . Staff was nowhere to be seen during my 3 day stay. Breakfast was a piece of old bread and butter. All in all a big disappointment.

This place was my favorite stay in Italy... it is a beautiful property. Sabrina was helpful in every way. I loved the hammocks in the courtyard.

This place is great for a chance to slow down and take in the Tuscan countryside, perfect break on a holiday that was keeping a fairly hectic pace! Staff are lovely, very helpful and flexible. We weren't sure about getting there because of a train strike but they left keys out for us just in case we did make it. Wifi only at reception but that's normal. Kitchen facilities are basic but has everything you need :) definitely would recommend this place if you want to see the Tuscan countryside!

I would definitely recommend this place, I stayed an extra 2 days. A good base to visit Pisa, Sienna and Florence. There is wine tasting and a italian cookery classes, swimming pool and more.

It was a pretty decent hostel with a very good location if you live in riomaggiore.

I really enjoyed my stay here! The people were all awesome and super chill, and the town and surrounding areas are simply beautiful! It's also easy to take day trips to bigger cities

It was such a beautiful and relaxing place. Definitely a must stay if you want to get out if the city and into Tuscany.

« first « Prev 1 2 3