Fattoria del Bassetto Reviews

Via delle Città, 3, Certaldo, Florence, Italy

Nice and peaceful place. Situated in between florence and siena (50 min. to florence and 35 to siena). Certaldo is a beatyful small town, that although offers whatever you need!

Incredible buildings with a story to boot. I'm not sure that being 2 minutes from the interstate passes as countryside, but I did find the place quite relaxing. I arrived late my first night so there was no staff around, but it worked itself out. Had a bit of a problem with mosquitoes the first night, but some incense took care of that. More suited for people traveling by car than backpack I think, but certainly a memorable place.

I loved this place! After coming from Florence, I felt myself relax instantly as soon as I boarded off the train. I savoured its peacefulness, remoteness (it's probably only about 20 mins walk...leasurely from the town centre), simpleness, security, and it's surroundings. I could've just stayed at the compound everyday, just lazying around because that's what the ambience was! Be free! Stop and breathe and just be still! I love it!!!

Very relaxing to get out of the city for a while. Whole place was filled with mosquitoes, had to wear bug spray inside.

Best hostel i have stayed at! Awesome place, a bit out of town but worth. Great atmosphere and staff. Definitely recommend it!

I was seeking a true Tuscany experience when travelling through Italy. I stepped onto Fattoria del Bassetto's property and I was not let down. The history, the atmosphere, the people all made my stay memorable. If you want something a bit off the beaten path, I highly suggest staying here. The setting is quaint. The rooms are well kept. The people that pass through become like family - Fattoria creates an experience you won't get in the city.

• 14th Aug 2014

The place is beautiful, and the rooms were very clean. I loved the pool and the big garden! My staying there was very relaxing, I enjoyed it very much. Highly reccomnded for people who just want to chill and have a good time!

If I were to replan my trip to Florence, I would choose to stay here ten times out of ten. For other travellers I met here and myself, our stay at Fattoria was a much needed break from city life. Clean and cozy. Lastly, though this hostel is away from the city centre, it is just a train ride away from Florence. The location is also great for a day trip to Siena, which I recommend. Perfect for a 3-4 night stay.