Fattoria del Bassetto Reviews

Via Avanella 42, Certaldo, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

The atmosphere is really friendly and welcoming, the staff are amazing. There is a communal meal every evening so good for solo travellers. As two 18 year olds however, we did feel a bit young as most people who come here are mainly in their twenties. That being said, it was a fantastic place to relax, there are hammocks and a pool and it is super clean and comfortable

The best hostel experience ever!!! It was like staying with family, I'll be thinking about this fourteenth century retired vile I found in Certaldo for the rest of my life. There is so much to say about this place so just go and experience real Tuscany there.

This hostel is the best I've stayed at in my two months of travel. They didn't have toilets that flushed themselves, or leave mints on your pillows but it is a sweet retreat from average hostel life. It's an old winery that was built in the 1400's. you stay in the actual rooms that monks did on their pilgrimage to Cambridge. So much history. And Haley is wonderful. She makes you feel at home for sure. We are now Facebook friends. Soooo worth it. (About a 30 min walk from certaldo train station)

Wow what can I say.....this place is actually amazing....I stayed for ten days in one of the villa rooms and had the time of my life!!! Veronica and Hayley were so friendly and welcoming and made my trip really special :))) I am definatley going to come back and will also be telling all my friends to come as well!!! This place is a real gem in the beautiful Tuscan countryside, but close enough to be able to visit Florence, Sienna and Lucca as well as lots of other pretty towns... xx

• 3rd Jul 2013
  • Wales

This hostel is BEAUTIFUL. About a 15 minute walk from the station, set back a little from the town it's private and quiet. Spent an afternoon in the pool and hammocks. Only a short walk to the gorgeous old town for food/museums/wine tastings etc. There are loads of activities to do whilst you're here.

This was a great place to stay and was incredibly relaxing after having toured London and Paris back to back. We even arrived a day late and we were taken care of very well. The staff are great, especially Veronica. Certaldo was gorgeous and we were surrounded by great people. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone that needs a place to relax and to just enjoy the Italian countryside.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • caitlinray1274664

Paradise in Tuscany!!! Such a pleasure to find this place. Spent 3 nights here and while it was relatively quiet it was just what I needed. Veronica was so accommodating, offering great advice about things to do in the area, how to get around, and always just a few minutes away if we needed anything. The place itself is old, but has so much character it hard not to love it. Lovely garden with hammocks to relax in with a pool too cool off in..

Had a fantastic stay at the Fattoria Basset to! The owners/manager Francesco and Veronica were great. Originally booked for three nights but in the end extended my stay to seven nights. They will both go out of their way to make you feel at home. Very comfortable environment, with great kitchen facilities, refrigerator and clean. Nice close by day trips to San Gimignano (reputedly best gelato in Italy... And therefore the world). Also have bikes fit guests and supermarket close by.

We only had a short stay of 3 days at Fattoria del Bassetto and wished we had stayed longer - it was very relaxing and the owners and staff were great.

• 11th Jun 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Great staff, great location! Such a nice break from the touristy areas

Incredibly helpful and friendly staff made our stay amazing.

1 2 Next » last »