Fattoria del Bassetto Reviews

Via Avanella 42, Certaldo, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

We had a wonderful experience here. Keep in mind that the hostel is not very close to Florence, about an hour train ride. But, the small town of Certaldo is so worth seeing. We wanted to just walk through it and ended up falling in love, and spending the whole day there. The hostel is very sweet. We had a wonderful experience with the staff and other guests. You really get a taste of Toscana at this home away from home.

An amazing place to stay if you're lookin for peace. The staff was amazing, even cooked for us the night we arrived (late). Nothing to complain about, perhaps the location, but It's a fair price to pay for such an atmosphere. Recommended.

Fantastic vibrant stay with the host Hayley and the other guests. She made our stay special and was always willing to help. Be prepared for encounters with mosquitoes and the supernatural.

Beautiful estate the rooms are full of antiques and spotlessly clean. Staff were fabulous and we had a very relaxing stay. Would for sure come back!

Very relaxing hostel, good opportunity to chill out- Hayley is an awesome host too. I reccomended the cooking class!

My favourite hostel in all Europe. An exquisite old monastery in a beautiful setting , just a short walk from Certaldo and the Tuscan countryside. When I stayed, there was just one staff member who was super welcoming and helpful, so that I felt I was visiting friends rather than staying at a hostel. It has a beautiful garden, outside areas for relaxing, and bikes that can be used to explore. Facilities are excellent with a kitchen, and mosquito nets on all windows. Highly recommended!!!!

Absolutely loved my stay here! Great homey feeling,beautiful area, clean, got a taste of real Tuscany, and the staff (Hayley) went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and enjoy my time. Would go back in a heartbeat.

I had a great stay here! The setting is beautiful and the place had a great atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

Hayley is awesome; the ultimate host/staff. The location is perfect IF you want to chill out in Tuscany in old style castle/villa/home, ride funky bikes around town, sit back and drink wine and get away from the cities. I ended up staying 4 nights and did day trips to Siena, Florence (x2) and San Gimignano and it was very convenient. NO PICKUP FROM TRAIN :) You have to walk about 20 minutes with your back from station which isn't horrible, as long as you can find it! Awesome! Definite Recommend

It was a magical place. We felt like we travelled back in time and felt like we were in the 14th century :) If you dig history and old things...this is your place. Besides we drove to Florence in just around 30 mins.

A true Tuscan experience!

It's an awsum place with a great atmosphere, so much better than conventional hostels, great staff (hailey and Veronica are very friendly and helpful), location is perfect, everyone extends their stay here :)

• 11th Aug 2013

This was the best part of our trip through Europe. The place is truly a paradise. The staff is not always around so sometimes a little bit unhandy, besides that is was perfect. The facilities where great. One big problem, the musquitoes!

• 10th Aug 2013

Perfect for the solo traveler. Clean, safe, and relaxing. Low key and in a good location just far enough from the cities, but still close enough for an easy day trip to Siena, Firenze, Pisa, or Viareggio. The best hostel/hotel I stayed in in Italy. 100% recommended, I wanted to go back the instant I left and will try to return as soon as I'm able.

• 9th Aug 2013

This hostel was a home away from home. Not only were the staff extremely friendly and helpful, they made you feel like part of the family. The atmosphere of the hostel was fantastic and the location was very scenic and beautiful. If you are looking for a retreat for a few days, away from tourists/ big city's- then this hostel is a must. Thank you Hayley anb Victoria for a wonderful experience. Anna and Catherine (Australia)

If you are looking for a hostel with all the facilities and comodities, you wont find it. But if you want to spend a relly great time, this is the hostel. Is like if you and the other guests were a family, you always finish talking to the other person and meeting everyone. The location is a little bit far from the train station, but at the same time it makes very calm. And there is one bad thing... MOSQUITOS! They willeat you mercilessly! But everything else is good enough to have a good time!

I have been travelling for four months, by far this is the best hostel i have stayed at. Amazing staff, peaceful beautiful location, just an overall very fun experience.

For me, this place is exactly what I love in a hostel. In a beautiful old building full of character in a place that is so peaceful and scenic. Has a real nice living room/kitchen area which makes for a great atmosphere for meeting new people and the people running the hostel make it even easier (Hayley in particular). Plenty of places to chill out and a lovely area to go walking around. Also a good place to base day trips around Tuscany. A definite must if you want to get away from the city!

This was definitely one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. The location is beautiful, right in the heard of Tuscany and Hayley and Veronica make this place very special and lovable. The atmosphere is great and I will try to go back as soon as possible

Lovely place, great hosts. go there during the certaldo mercantia, it's a festival in July!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7