Ferah Pension/Monica's Place Reviews

Ordu Cadessi, 2 Karagozler Orta yol Nr 23, Fethiye, Turkey

Good location for those leaving on a boat cruise from the harbour.

Beautiful homely setting. Nice breakfast. Nice cosy room with pool directly outside. Wifi wasn't that great. Shuttle service to town and back. Lovely hosts Tuna and his wife :)

it is a budget place. very clean, but shower booth has a glass wall, so it was uncomfortable between friends. and drain stinks.Also free pick bus, we waited an hour at terminal. Except that, host was very kind and he always clean up the pension. The sofa in the lounge was also very comfortable.

Very friendly and helpful staff who gave sound advice. Good outlook from our room and nice breakfast area.

Quiet location with clean and tidy rooms. Decent Turkish breakfast provided. For a more lively atmosphere I would head into town which is a 15 minute walk away.

• 16th Aug 2013
  • New Zealand

Such a cute hostel! We were going on a cruise, so we stayed here for one night, and it was great! The staff were great and we really enjoyed this little bit of paradise.

Great little place, admittedly a bit away from the town centre when compared to other hostels we saw, but an easy ride with the frequent shuttle and a nice walk in the evening. Tuna is AMAZING and helped us set up boats and buses for our trip. Only complaint is laundry - having been in Turkey for a month, 25L for laundry is a lot. The mini pool is amazing, great for cooling off after getting too much sun at the beach. Would definitely recommend.

We had a great stay at Monica's place. Monica and Tuna were caring and friendly hosts and even gave us lunch when we arrived. Although the pool is little its the perfect size to cool off! The main courtyard is gorgeous with plants and artwork and there's a good atmosphere, the shower in our room was a bit interesting but the other features of the hostel outweigh this! We would recommend the hostel! :)

• 16th Jul 2013

Loved, loved, loved our stay here! We were given a gorgeous sparkling clean white-and-peach room at the top of the hotel with a panoramic harbour view. (Only drawback, tiny bathroom/shower and the firm beds typical in Turkey.) The breakfast/hangout area is a lovely eccentric courtyard draped in bougainvillea and vines, full of potted plants, fun bricabrac and a fountain. Gracious proprietor Tuna helpfully set us up with a fine all-day "12 Islands" cruise with a trustworthy operator.

Friendly and helpful staff. The only issue we had was that our bathroom was basically a shower stall in the corner of our room, and we had to keep the door open to air it out otherwise there was a fowl odour. We peeked into another room and they seemed to have a normal enclosed bathroom.

Not very impressed with this property further away from the docks than expected so not convenient if you are getting a cruise in the morning, also accidently opened another room with our key, seems the keys work for all the doors. The owner also made a mistake on our bill and decided to call our boats captain directly to chase up the cost of a few beers. Not a nice way to start the next part of our trip making us seem dishonest. Also far too many cats and stray dogs wandering about.

For a beer you usually don't pay 30TL. I can't understand this bad rating from you.

The staff were really amazing, we were there only one night but were accommodated for amazingly. the views were great, breakfast fantastic and if i am luck enough to return i will be staying here!

Need to advertise that aircon is extra.

Aircon is inculuded ,no extra. How much you paid.

Great staff, super friendly and helpful. Nice location and beautiful view. Would go again for sure. Couldn't ask for more.

Decent hostel, laundry is 25TL which is the most expensive I found in Turkey.

Such nice people I would definately stay there next time I am in fethiye :)

After a couple of rough days I arrived at this pension in not such a good state. Upon walking through the door i was greeted by 3 genuine and warming smiles who sat me down, handed me a beverage and a cigarette, and spent the night laughing & joking with me – My Holiday smile is back : )Their names are Tuna, Sevtap, and of course Monica - A family with twenty-five years of experience in Fethiye's culture, landmarks, services and tours. Free bus service made finding it easy. Highly recommended.

• 10th Jul 2012

Friendly staff, very welcoming atmosphere!

Tuna let me have early check-in and as the other guest who stayed a nite mentioned to me the place was super clean. Tuna had all information about local tour and helped to arrange my pick up with the paragliding agent! Location will be hard to be better. Although you should walk from the city center, it is not a long walk. And there is a bus that seems to be very frequent to go to the city center and bus terminal (Otogal).

Monica's (and Tuna's!) place is the perfect place to land for a relaxing break from your travels in turkey. Although the prices are a bit steep, the wonderful vined inner courtyard and the friendliness of the couple who own the place levels things out. couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Fethiye!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6