Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

The Best!

We just stayed here as a city to fly in/out of. Decent bar. Decent rooms. First time we were in a 4 bunk second time in a private room... The private room was very nice. Located two blocks from the train station which was clutch but scarily in the red light district. As a girl I wouldn't feel safe going out at night

I loved how many social events this hostel provided, allowing travellers to get to know one another. My friend and I participated in the pub crawl on Thursday nights and it was a blast. I was initially quite wary of staying in the red light district but it was no problem as the hostel is very safe and very clean. Would definitely book again.

The staff were amazing, and helped out with anything. The pool table was also free so you could easily link up with some new people and play a few games. The worst part was that it's in the middle of the red light district which I didn't mind apart from the homeless and druggies.

I arrived in the morning via a long night flight across time zones. I wanted to have rest then but there is no empty room. In addition, the people living in the same room with me is quite smelly.

Such a great place! Staff are very nice and accommodating. The location is fun and we felt very safe although it is in the red light district. There are great measures taken for security (ex. you must notify a staff member to let you into the door to access the rooms.) The atmosphere is great, always people downstairs, and a great bar. I did not stay here alone, but this is the perfect place for a single traveller to meet a lot of great new people.

Nice hostel but in a rough neighbourhood. Nice with different activities in the hostel!

Close to the main station, the room was clean, the breakfast was acceptable. A nice place to stay after all.

The place was nice and the free city tour at nice was great. However the location was horrible, I did feel very unsafe outside the hostel.

• 11th Jul 2014

Very nice hostel, excellent atmosphere, bbq, pub crawl with amazing staff. You won't be desappointed by this hostel.

The hostel itself is fine, but the location is terrible. Not because it's in the middle of the red light district, but because it's right next to a club, where they play loud stupid music all night. The building is too hot in summer to keep windows shut, so it'd be difficult to have a solid sleep. I was waked up by the music and noise every morning at 5. Stay away from this hostel or ask for a room not facing the street if you need to sleep well.

Great hostel, great staff, great vibe!!! Will be back!!!

• 9th Jul 2014

This place is great, the staff is very nice and helpful, there is a kitchen and laundry to use and on Wednesday nights there is free pasta dinner! It was really good actually! The only bad thing is the location, there are lots of casino/strip clubs around the area but if you walk 2 blocks back towards the metro/train station it is really nice!

• 9th Jul 2014

This was definitely the best hostel, to date, that I have ever been to. Great people, great place, great atmosphere. It is now my go to hostel when traveling to/through Frankfurt. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone. Cheers!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • AimeeLynn

Very close to the central station... But in the midle of the redlight district. Maybe inconvenient for some people. Anyway is fun

a good place to stay if you're on a layover. the staff was very friendly and helpful and the location is not as bad as it sounds, it was actually quite funny to stroll through the red light district with a suitcase and a backpack at 12am looking for the place. good place to stay for that amount of money! minus the heat we experienced, we had to keep the windows open (aka listen to the mating calls on the street below) , and the shower room was lacking privacy.

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Latvia

You got what you paid for and more. Included breakfast was fantastic, and it was really near the train station. I really enjoyed staying here.

Great location walking distance to the train station, bar selling 2 euro beers, all the right facilities, no complaints...

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! A great continental breakfast, very clean facilities and very clean rooms!

Wonderful hostel and a great way to meet people. The red light district is a little annoying, but you really only need to walk two blocks to get out of it.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6