Fabulous 4,886 Total Reviews
Fabulous 4,886 Total Reviews
Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Located at Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt.
Germany
Frankfurt 60329 Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main
86% 4886
50.1089098 8.6655735
    Rooms available

12th Jan 2017

I loved my stay here and would definitely stay here again. I did have one lady staying above me who was quite rude but the reception staff were fantastic and switched my room without a problem and even switched it back when I found out she had checked out. My only note would be that the bunk beds are quite wiggly so when someone comes in late and makes their bed they will shake the person below them and I assume visa versa. I would definitely stay here again though. Please make your bed early

Thank you so much for the awesome review! I am sorry to read that you did not get along with you room mates. Hopefully you could still make friends here! We will have a look at the beds in the room you slept and look for a solution to the noise. Thank you for the feedback ;) Safe travels!

12th Jan 2017

Awesome place with great facilities in a location that's easy to find. But what stands out most about the hostel is their staff. The staff is incredibly friendly and personable. Very knowledgeable about the city (even the crazy less touristy specific parts 😊 ) They were willing to help me with my transportation plans and aided me in making it efficient. 10/10 experience.

Waow! Thank you so much! It goes straight to heart! Hopefully we will see you again in Frankfurt! All the best!

10th Jan 2017

Great amenities, great staff. Room was clean and no problems at all. Only downside is location

Thank you very much for the review! Very sorry to read that you did not like the fact that we were 2 minutes away from the train station, just a few streets away from delicious restaurants and fun bars, and more generally in one of the most appreciated areas of the city ;) Make sure to ask reception next time to get the best out of your experience here! Safe travels!

• New Zealand, Male, 18-24
9th Jan 2017

Only used the place to crash for a night. Had the 6 bed dorm and the bed was good, and plenty of space in the room. Was only one men's toilet and shower that I could see on my floor. Staff friendly and place was good for price.

Thank you very much for the nice review! Safe travels and see you again soon!

8th Jan 2017

As basically every other view points out this hostel is in the red light district. So if your someone who's bothered by that this probably is not a good location. If you don't mind walking past some strip clubs everyday the location is great. Very near the central train station, super accessible. There was some trade show going on while I was there and a lot of older business people were in the hostel. Tough to say one way or another what the atmosphere is like the rest of the time.

Thank you for the review! We hope you could still have fun in Frankfurt! The city is known for its big trade fairs during the year, and these times the clientele is changing a little. But all in all, these guys are very fun as well and we all end up sharing a drink during the pub crawl! Hopefully see you again soon!

4th Jan 2017

Overall it's a pretty good hostel. Although the setting is not as social as anticipated. There are places to hang out but people don't seem wanna talk. Staff are friendly but could've done more to make the stay more fun. Rooms are a little small but comfortable. The location is really close the main train station, although it being in the red light district does give a few safety concerns.

Thank you for the review! You are right, January is probably not the most exciting month to stay in Frankfurt. But we are doing our best with our daily activities! Make sure to visit us again in summer for some real crazy fun! And do not worry about security, the area is way safer than you may think! All the best and see you again soon!

• Australia, Female, 41+
2nd Jan 2017

Terrific location, staff and ambience

Thank you so much! See you again soon!

31st Dec 2016

Was very good. Never had a problem because of the homeless by the area. Felt safe and the hostel very nice

Thank you very much! You are right, the area is 100% safe! Take care and see you again soon!

• USA, Female, 18-24
31st Dec 2016

Great stay! Was a bit concerned about the location in the red light district, but it was never an issue. Good security, with a 24hr deskperson buzzing guests in. Stayed in a 6-bed (bunked) female room. My dormmates really made the trip- the walking tour, or chilling in the main room/bar makes for a great atmosphere. Attractions like the central station, Main river, and gardens are no more than 20 minutes in any direction.

Thank you so much for the great review! It is great to read that you enjoyed the location of the hostel as well! All the best and see you again soon!

• supermanuelmsn1326
  • Italy, Male, 41+
  • Globetrotter
30th Dec 2016
2.0

My room was flooded the last night of my stay due to a bathroom leak, damaging several of my belongings. Nobody at the reception seemed to care and they basically denied responsability. To this date (08/01) I have yet to receive a word of apology or refund from the crew despite several emails. Rooms and furniture are old and poorly kept. As for the location: if having shady people smoking crack and taking dumps in the street nearby doesn't bother you, go ahead. Abysmal experience.

Thank you for reviewing your stay and once again, I would like to apologize for the incident! We had a problem in your room that night and we made everything possible to solve this leak as fast as possible. I understand your frustration and the bad review. If there is anything we can do, let us know! Best regards and happy travels