Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, hot showers. Close to the museum district and even closer to the main train station. Also near the Christmas Market. Right in the middle of the red light district, which can be a bit jarring when you first approach. You get used to it though, and we didn't have any problems. Breakfast is good too. Highly recommend staying here.

Very clean and safe hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Good facilities. I really recommend it in Frankfurt.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Had a really enjoyable stay here. Before coming I read all the reviews saying to watch out because it was in the red light district, and I have to admit it made me re-think my booking. I had visions of small alleyways and crackheads outside. When I arrived, however, I discovered the 'red light district' consists of about 3 sex shops and 2 casinos, with large open roads and absolutely no problems whatsoever. The hotel staff are very friendly and there is a great atmosphere among all the guests

Although close to the main station, the location is not great. Some very seedy places around. Seemed a bit understaffed at times, but the atmosphere cannot be faulted. Great hostel with clean facilities.

is a very good hostel, very near the main station, and 10 minutes walking for de old town.

• 26th Nov 2014

Got a free upgrade! The staff was excellent and the location is great when you have to catch an early flight or train!

• 24th Nov 2014

Because the hostel is located in the red light district, when I walked on the street outside the hostel alone at night, I feel a little bit unsafe... After stepping into the hostel, of course everything is okay.

Everything was great, staff was very cool.

Got robbed here so that is a shame, although it was my fault for not using the lockers provided. Was the only girl in a room full of males so that was a bit uncomfortable. Breakfast was excellent- started early and finished late, as well as free tea and coffee all day. Wifi worked really well, bathrooms were super clean and secure. Location is in red light district and not near many interesting things, I also got hassled by a few men outside but it was ok. Overall hostel was great.

Great hostel, great staff. Pity about the area, drug addicts shooting up in street outside entrance is never a good thing to see. your staff and rooms were good though

Hi there and thanks for your nice feedback. We completely understand that it is sometimes not nice to see what happens outside on the street, unfortunately we can't change it, just tell you the story behind it. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us anyways. Happy travels!

Labelling about the bed can be more accurate and clear, since my bed was occupied by the other guy who came late.

Hi and thanks for your good feedback. We know, there are always issues with labels and signs and the ones who don't care about it. Don't know if it would be 100% safe if we make bigger sign though. We'll give it a thought definitly and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy travels!!

The first night police came and woke me up at 1 am because someone in the room had been robbed.being treated as a suspect although only for a few minutes was NOT a nice feeling.the location is okay even if its in the red light district.nice bar and fast wi-fi.bad security.the free breakfast is a big plus, but I wouldn't stay here again

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are really sorry how the police threated you and there is a big discussion how situations like that should be handled in the future. Luckily it doesn't happen often. Just imagine you being the one who got robbed, maybe you would have expected the same reaction from us. Happy travels!!

Don't be put off by the location. It's perfectly fine to walk around. Conveniently close to public transport and the train station. Great breakfast!

Very friendly staff. Organize great activities every day. The showers were clean and big. The rooms big, spacious and the beds soft and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

Thanks so much for the nice rating! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we'll see you again. Happy travels!!

Some may be concerned that it's located in the Red Light District. I was fine with it, except that the buzzer to enter the building was broken, so that was a bit concerning - however, it was only a temporary problem. Pretty quiet vibe, but it was low-season I suppose. Friendly staff for the most part, and the rooms were super clean and cozy. Other than Red Light District, location is great, as it's walking distance to everything necessary. Would love to give it another try in summer.

Hi and thanks for the rating and yes, please come back in summer to enjoy what's going on then. At the moment, we prepare for the christmas market time with mulled wine, xmas crêpes, decoration,special xmas shots and daily christmans market tours. Sounds also nice, right? And the buzzer is working again ;-)

This is my third time in this hostel and it is one of the best I stayed in. It is better to take the 6-8 dorm than the 4 bed since the room is bigger. The bathrooms are super clean and the breakfast is like in a hotel !

Wooow, three times at our hostel! Thanks a lot and you are welcome back any time!!!

Amazing breakfast

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, but in a very dodgy area, but still safe enough to get about in. The staff try hard to be inclusive and the rooms are spacious and comfortable, strongly recommend. Although frankfurt as a city is rather boring two days is definitely long enough there

The hostel itself was fantastic! Spacious, clean, good showers, good security (the cards did mess up once but shit happens). Only stayed two nights but loved it! The lounge/bar area is great for meeting people if you're brave enough and the drinks are pretty cheap. Being in the red light district did seem to creep out some of the people I met but I thought it was pretty funny, and police being everywhere made it pretty safe. Apart from that, location very close to the hbf but not very central.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thanks a lot for the rating : ) I have to correct one thing here though, we are 2 mins from the main train station (Its a big station, so that if you take the right exit of cause which would be Taunusstrasse!!), a 10 mins walk to the main ahopping mall or the old town square (which is the centre of frankfurt) or 10 mins walk into the other direction to Messe. I would call that very central, dont you?

장소가 중앙역이랑 매우가까워서 좋긴한데 그근처가 다 홍등가 주변이라. . . 밤엔 약간 무서움.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7