Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Great hostel, great staff. Pity about the area, drug addicts shooting up in street outside entrance is never a good thing to see. your staff and rooms were good though

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Scotland

Hi there and thanks for your nice feedback. We completely understand that it is sometimes not nice to see what happens outside on the street, unfortunately we can't change it, just tell you the story behind it. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us anyways. Happy travels!

Labelling about the bed can be more accurate and clear, since my bed was occupied by the other guy who came late.

Hi and thanks for your good feedback. We know, there are always issues with labels and signs and the ones who don't care about it. Don't know if it would be 100% safe if we make bigger sign though. We'll give it a thought definitly and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy travels!!

The first night police came and woke me up at 1 am because someone in the room had been robbed.being treated as a suspect although only for a few minutes was NOT a nice feeling.the location is okay even if its in the red light district.nice bar and fast wi-fi.bad security.the free breakfast is a big plus, but I wouldn't stay here again

Hello and thanks for your feedback. We are really sorry how the police threated you and there is a big discussion how situations like that should be handled in the future. Luckily it doesn't happen often. Just imagine you being the one who got robbed, maybe you would have expected the same reaction from us. Happy travels!!

Don't be put off by the location. It's perfectly fine to walk around. Conveniently close to public transport and the train station. Great breakfast!

Very friendly staff. Organize great activities every day. The showers were clean and big. The rooms big, spacious and the beds soft and comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.

Thanks so much for the nice rating! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we'll see you again. Happy travels!!

Some may be concerned that it's located in the Red Light District. I was fine with it, except that the buzzer to enter the building was broken, so that was a bit concerning - however, it was only a temporary problem. Pretty quiet vibe, but it was low-season I suppose. Friendly staff for the most part, and the rooms were super clean and cozy. Other than Red Light District, location is great, as it's walking distance to everything necessary. Would love to give it another try in summer.

Hi and thanks for the rating and yes, please come back in summer to enjoy what's going on then. At the moment, we prepare for the christmas market time with mulled wine, xmas crêpes, decoration,special xmas shots and daily christmans market tours. Sounds also nice, right? And the buzzer is working again ;-)

This is my third time in this hostel and it is one of the best I stayed in. It is better to take the 6-8 dorm than the 4 bed since the room is bigger. The bathrooms are super clean and the breakfast is like in a hotel !

Wooow, three times at our hostel! Thanks a lot and you are welcome back any time!!!

Amazing breakfast

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, but in a very dodgy area, but still safe enough to get about in. The staff try hard to be inclusive and the rooms are spacious and comfortable, strongly recommend. Although frankfurt as a city is rather boring two days is definitely long enough there

The hostel itself was fantastic! Spacious, clean, good showers, good security (the cards did mess up once but shit happens). Only stayed two nights but loved it! The lounge/bar area is great for meeting people if you're brave enough and the drinks are pretty cheap. Being in the red light district did seem to creep out some of the people I met but I thought it was pretty funny, and police being everywhere made it pretty safe. Apart from that, location very close to the hbf but not very central.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thanks a lot for the rating : ) I have to correct one thing here though, we are 2 mins from the main train station (Its a big station, so that if you take the right exit of cause which would be Taunusstrasse!!), a 10 mins walk to the main ahopping mall or the old town square (which is the centre of frankfurt) or 10 mins walk into the other direction to Messe. I would call that very central, dont you?

장소가 중앙역이랑 매우가까워서 좋긴한데 그근처가 다 홍등가 주변이라. . . 밤엔 약간 무서움.

It'a a very nice hostel, with very nice, quite people and good atmosphere. That's for chilling is pretty good, makes you fell save, and it's very important.

• 26th Oct 2014

It's not that big of a deal that it's in the red light district (one block long). Staff were SO helpful, even before arriving as I had a request which they accommodated to the best of their abilities. Always helpful and friendly! I had a small issue with my room key not working but this was resolved. Breakfast was tasty, with a good variety. I would absolutely stay here again. - A solo female traveller

Hey there, thats great to here. In our experience, people either find the location amusing and interesting or a little (or more) frightening. We do our best to make you feel safe. Ther is police around in this area all the time and we do have a security service at night. When you go outside, it is very bight (so no scary dark corners) and remember, there are more than 60 hotels in the area, so there is not just red light but a lot of tourism as well. safe travels to everyone!!

Fun lively hostel with activities everynight, we particularly enjoyed free crepes and the pub quiz. Rooms and facilities good. A few weirdos on the street and red light district, but there is a strong police presence so no need to let it bother you. Highly recommended hostel.

Everything was perfect. Very nice and helpful staff. We would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Oct 2014

Thaaaank you : D

Great hostel. loved the free drinks and breakfast. good value for the rooms provided. normal grievance is the location but really it wasn't as bad as I expected

If you're a voyeur, or loved the HBO series The Wire, book a day or two in this place. The glass along the front wall of the common room affords a commanding view of the pushers, peddlers and dope fiends that hang around on the other side of the street, just a few doors down. Not only will you be guaranteed to witness some hand-to-hands, but you might be lucky enough to see some busts (around 9am usually), and even some 'heads shooting up in the street in broad daylight.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel itself was fine and we aware that it was in the red light district but we didn't realise how bad this area would be. Similar to others we witnessed people smoking crack outside the hostel and also felt very unsafe walking through the redlight district and also most streets in Frankfurt. We proberly wouldn't recommend going to Frankfurt at all.

The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. It is not ideally situated being in the red light district but the hostel itself is still very safe and whilst being an unattractive area I didn't find it particularly threatening. Definitely worth staying here for the free breakfast and friendly vibe!

In terms of location, it is quite close to the tourist attractions. Despite being located in the Red Light (as more than once highlighted by them), the biggest issue for me was the noise. The street is quite noisy and even staying at the 4th floor, I had a hard time to fall asleep. Other than that, the staff is friendly and their activities are quite cool (movie night, crêpe night, etc)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7