Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Wifi was very very slow, everything else was perfect!

Great hostel! Tons of fun - made friends quickly!

fantastic staff, great hostel, walking distance from the main train station. Frankfurt has high crime and this is in the red light district. they very clearly state that everywhere so there is no reason to be shocked. Its colourful to say the least and if you cant handle this then this area is not for you. Most of the hostels in Frankfurt are in this area so choose wisely. I will stay here again and I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff I met. It is expensive for a hostel

Thanks for your time reviewing! We are really happy to read that you had a good time here, especially with the staff! About the location, we actually think that the area is the new trendy area in Frankfurt! It looks weird at first sight but if you spend a bit of time here, you will see how much it has to offer! So many different hip bars, restaurants from all around the world, various shops, and kiosks to have great beers!! Happy travels and hopefully see you again soon!

The private room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay! The Internet connection seemed to have a weak signal when I tried to send an email from the lobby (it was unable to go through).

• 25th Jun 2015

Five Elements Hostel was great! Clean, comfortable, staff was friendly, spaces were nice. The location in the red light district was not a problem although we probably wouldn't have stayed there if not for the proximity to the train station. But I'm glad we did because Five Elements was great!

Thank you for the good review! It is so nice to see that you changed your mind about the location :) Hopefully see you again soon!

When I walked to the hostel from the Hoftbahnhof, I was a little daunted by the characters in the street. But I went out later and found it interesting. The hostel is very safe, and it's close to the river and the Stendel Museum. It was a great stay. Highly recommended

• 24th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for the 100% !!! It is awesome to see you had a good stay here :) Take care!

Perfect! Cosy hostel with a good location and a friendly staff.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Thanks sooooo much for the 100% !! It means a lot to us to see that you had a good stay here! Hopefully see you again soon!

I was only here for one night - but the staff was VERY kind and helpful. The location isn't even a big deal. The common area is HUGE and so nice. The hostel itself is huge. The bedrooms were good size with comfortable beds. The bathrooms were fairly clean. I liked how big the lockers were - I could fit two backpacks and more in them. I would definitely come back to this hostel :) (Don't worry about location - it's very safe and hostel is very secure!)

Thanks so much for this nice review! Yeah please come back again :) Safe travels!

This was an ideal location with the train station. 5 minutes walking. It is in the middle of the red light district, FYI, so you will frequently pass by drug users and prostitutes in the street. I would just walk really quickly and avoid eye contact until the hostel. It's such a short walk like this that I would still recommend this hostel because the employees were super nice, they gave me free breakfast for staying 3 nights, there is an elevator (I have a heavy suitcase) & the rooms are great

Thank you for this great review!! So happy that you had a good stay here! Take care!

decent hostel, very close to main train station, good breakfast for 4.50 Euros, WiFi was OK, its right in the red light district and its not the prettiest one I've seen, lots of drug and alcoholic people, homeless, but its still safe, lots of shops and restaurants around, I'd recommend this place.

The location is conveniently next to the Frankfurt main train station. It did not bother me that I had to walk through the Red Light District, however, my room was facing the street. So, it was pretty loud at night, which I did not like. They did supply ear plugs, but I did not want to use them.

• 21st Jun 2015

Thank you for the time reviewing. We are sorry for the sound of the street, we know it can be an issue for a certain amount of people here, and this is why we leave you some earplugs in the rooms. Too bad you did not use them :( We hope you had a great time though, and that we will see you again soon!

Very friendly staff, although not in the nicest area, it´s only 1 block from the main train station and a comercial street which worked great for me that had a big suitcase. There are bikes for rental totally recommended to hire one for the day or few hours.

Really good hostel, clean facilities, great security. Didn't mind the location personally: a bit grungy, but always felt safe. There could perhaps be a little more emphasis on the atmosphere by the staff. Some seemed a bit bored and cold as compared with others who were friendly.

Nooooo now we have to look for the friendly ones and execute them! Just kidding :) Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks a lot for your review and hopefully see you another time!

My room was facing a club that played music nonstop. We had to keep the windows open because it was so hot. I did not sleep while at this hostel

• 20th Jun 2015

Hi! Thanks a lot for your time reviewing. Sorry to read that you could not sleep in our hostel. It is true that the area becomes loud during the week-end, as people want to go out to party. Happy travels, and hopefully see you another time!

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in during my travels. Despite the fact that it's located in the red light district, everything was great. A lot of good local pubs to go out to eat and drink.

Thank you for this nice review! We are glad that you liked your stay in Frankfurt! Happy travels!

Nice hostel the only problem was the staff .... no all but few a little be not helpful.. Nice place to stay at ...

I'm glad I had ear plugs. I honestly was scared walking up to the place, but it wasn't too bad once I got used to the location. I would never stay at this location again unless I had to, which was why I booked. Was flying out the next day and the cost was right.

Thank you for your time reviewing your stay, as it is very important for us to improve! We are really sorry to see that you did not like your stay here. Too bad that you did not feel safe, even though with our security system and locked doors! Happy travels!

A great stay for travellers also as for business people. Situated very central in Frankfurt it is very easy to get everywhere you want. Great, helpful, friendly staff. Next time I will definitely stay here!

100% !!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! It is great to see that you had a pleasant stay at Five Elements! We will see you again then!

I had a great experience because this is a really good place for solo travelers to meet people. There are events going on every night and the staff was very friendly. The location is only a little sketchy, but it didn't feel like much of a problem to me.

Thank you for this great review! So happy that you liked our activities! We hope you could meet a lot of other travellers and have fun! Hopefully see you again soon!

Awesome space with a super friendly staff and a good vibe. The location is a downside, but they were very upfront about what to expect, which I appreciated. My only criticism is that there is only one toilet for each gender per floor, but aside from that this place is great. I would stay here again.

Thank you for this cool review! Too bad that you did not like the area. As we always say, it is sketchy at first sight but it offers so much to do! There are always new bars and new restaurants from all around the world! Next time, make sure you ask reception to know where are the best spots of the district! Happy travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7