Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Value for money very good. Keeping in mind that it was exhibition in Frankfurt and all prices were double.

Wonderful hostel. Well kitted out, in the middle of the red light district, which is super fun, and the hostel is extremely secure. Would absolutely visit again

Thanks so much for the 10!!! Youhou!! I am also very happy to read that you liked the area :) I think people start to get it slowly, it is the trendiest area of Frankfurt right now! Have safe travels and see you again soon!

Good hostel. Felt very safe in the neighbourhood. Good in Frankfurt!

Thank you for the nice review! Happy travels!

Good location, staff, and totally awesome breakfast. It is in the red light district and a little ways from the attractions, but it's OK. My recommendation is to stay there for the breakfast and access to Frankfurt Main and then leave Frankfurt and go somewhere else.

• 1st Feb 2016

Hi! Thanks a lot for the nice review! I must say I disagree with you though :) Frankfurt has A LOT to offer, and does not have as many tourists as in other german cities. In summer, this is one of the coolest places to go, with a nice river to chill out, great bars to party, and festivals all the time! You could go somewhere else but I think you would miss a lot of things! Hopefully you will give it a try! Safe travels!

Yes it's in the red light district, but as a solo female traveler, I didn't have any issues. I thought it was rather funny. Otherwise short distance to the train & walking distance to the city. Staff were good/helpful, only real downside is the wifi, it isn't the best in certain locations.

Thanks very much for the nice review! It's good that you liked it here :) I am very sorry about the wi-fi, we have had some situations with our internet, but it has been fixed and everything is back to normal! Hopefully see you again soon!

Very nice accommodation. We like to use again. Close to the train station

Thank you very much for the great note! We are always happy to get a 10 :) It is great that you liked it here, hopefully we will see you again very soon! Happy travels!

GOOD ABOUT TRAFFIC & SERVICE

• 18th Jan 2016
  • South Korea

Thank you very much for the nice review! Happy travels!

They gave me a free upgrade to a room with a private bathroom. This was my second time staying at this hostel. I came back because it's a clean building, clean rooms, clean bathroom facilities, hot water good water pressure. They also have movie nights and cheap beer. Great place for the value. The location is actually very good and central if you're traveling to/from hauptbahnhof or airport. The neighborhood is safe .Overall would come back again not one negative experience.

Thank you so much for the 10 and the detailed review!! This is great to read that you are coming back. Happy travels and see you soon!

Despite being in the red light district, it was quiet enough. Curtains in room could be thicker, light gets in easy.

Thanks for the time reviewing! Take care!

Very nice hostel and staff. It's located in the middle of the Redlight District but we didn't have any particular troubles.

• 9th Jan 2016

Thanks a lot for this nice review! The area just looks weird but it is not dangerous at all. It is even very cool, with nice bars and yummy restaurants! Hopefully see you again soon!

"Off hostel" -> BEWARE with the place(Red Light District). In the hostel description this is the first warning that they give to you but even with that, i coudnt imagine that this district is so shoking(people druging themselves in the middle of the street). Btw, the Hostel is very nice, very clean and the staff is very careful etc.

Thank you for the time reviewing! Too bad that the image you had of the area has such an impact on your rating :( We keep repeating it, we are in the red light district, a very special area. At first sight, it looks weird, but this area also has so much to offer. The best bars and restaurants of Frankfurt are all a few blocks away from the hostel. Just make sure you ask the reception for the best tips! Happy travels!

Friendly staff, very close to Frankfurt hbf. There is supermarket nearby so I can buy something cheap for my dinner, but it is a little bit noisy since it is located next to red light district.

Thank you very much for the nice review! All the best and see you again soon!

Seemed too formal but may be the Jan2nd and jan3rd be the reason for not lively crowd

Aouch yeah I think we were still quite hungover after New Year's party.... :) Sorry! But maybe you want to give it another try in summer? July and August are the craziest months here : backpackers and parties all the time! Happy travels!

It was a pretty cool hostel, staff was great and great atmosphere. I thought being in the red light district was good too always lively

• 30th Dec 2015
  • Jamaica

Thank you so much for this nice review! I am happy that you had fun in the area of the hostel! We keep saying that it is not as bad as it looks like because we know there are cool things to do here! Happy travels!

Good staff, nice beer and a lot of funny people. Maybe even too funny if you look as good as we did. You can't even drink a beer without girls coming to you to try to talk with you all the time. But I guess that's not the hostel's fault. Haha. The Brazilian staff guy was kind of lazy but the rest of the staff were all awesome! We had a very good time here.

Thanks for this review! I am happy that you had fun here! See you again soon!

Poor location, I know they explicitly state that it's in the red light district but I did not expect it to be so sketchy. As a solo female traveler I felt unsafe returning to the hostel after dark -- this was the only time I ever felt unsafe on a 3-week adventure around Europe, in the winter so often walking around in the dark. Also noticed that staff members world indiscriminately buzz people into the living area without checking guest cards.

Thank you very much for the time you took to leave a review! I am pretty sad to read that you did not feel safe here. We have a security service at night, police is everywhere in the city, and we have the whole building under cctv, and two security doors... Don't let the appearance of the area scare you, there are so many cool things to do around the hostel! You are right, sometimes we let people in without controls. If the receptionist already knows the guest, there is no need to ask another time for his identity. We want our guests to be secure, not to bully them when they want to go to their rooms :) Happy and safe travels!

Very good hostel. I did not got all information from the reception when I arrived but it is ok. I think the Checkin time should be earlier then 4 o clock and the breakfast should be free, even if you stay only one night.

Thank you for the nice review! Breakfast is only free for a stay longer than three nights, because we want to be able to offer a nice, complete, proper breakfast. Happy travels!

Hostel itself is great - staff helpful, facilities good, rooms clean, wifi a little shaky. The location has upsides and a downside. On the one hand it is incredibly close to the main rail station, and is close to the centre of town. On the other hand it is in the red light district, and while this didn't make us particularly worried (more just irritating being called at by guys trying to get you to go to their clubs), but I can see why this might make someone nervous. Overall, a good experience.

Thank you for the nice review! Take care!

The positive things: great stuff, really helpful, activites great breakfast for just 4,50€ free coffe and tea billiard and table fussball the annoying things: showers are overflooding quite fast and it is getting very hot and humid inside so your new dresses are wet before you can use it the water tap in our dorm (504 or 502 cannot remember exactly) didn't let much water out of it, so it was very hard to clean your hand. madress in our room were quite old, so sleeping was not really comfortable

• 27th Dec 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review as this is very important for us to improve! I am very sorry about the shower and your clothes being wet. It sometimes happens because the showers get jammed. As we are used to these situations, you just need to ask the reception and we will take care of it! Did you let the reception know about this? Happy travels!

Despite being really near the central station, it's located in the middle of the red light district, which can be quite uncomfortable. I struggled with the wifi, everywhere. The lockers (and the bed) are terribly noisy! You can't do anything without waking everyone up. When me and my friend arrived, we were welcomed by a not so friendly member of staff (but I guess we just weren't lucky, 'cause every other was super nice). Shower rooms could be better, but the staff kept it reasonably clean.

Hey thanks for the time reviewing and sorry for all these downsides... Safe travels!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7