Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Super nice, very secure, lots to do, great vibe.

• 27th Jul 2015

Thanks for the nice review! Happy travels!

The last and the best hostel in my trip

Thank you so much for the 100% !!! Hopefully see you again soon!

It's a bit hot without air conditioning!

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Vietnam

Thank you for reviewing! Yeah the heat in Frankfurt during the last weeks was quite unusual! Fortunately, we are back to a grey cold, really welcoming weather :) Hopefully see you again soon!

Excellent hostel. Probably the best hostel that we've ever stayed at! The staff are so good at making sure everyone feels welcome, and the social side of things was class. A pub quiz and an organised bar crawl on our first night was a brilliant way to break the ice with everyone. The hostel truly is in the middle of the red light district which is inhabited by some 'characters', but they do clearly state that on hostel world so you can't be surprised. Overall, a fantastic experience.

Thank you so much for this great review! Hopefully see you again soon!

Loved this hostel. Loved its garden, its people, the atmosphere. They have a great bar, free food almost every night, they give you an amazing free breakfast if you stay 3 nights and they have free pool table and a foossball. Also amazing showers. Of course, it's right in the middle of the red light district, which is a terrible area, only pro that it's next to the Station. But otherwise REALLY DODGY NEIGHBOURHOOD. Cheers 5Elements, I'll miss you!

Thank you for the review! We are happy you survived the area ;) More seriously, the area of the train station is becoming very trendy, and has a lot to offer! You can find so many nice bars and restaurants, only a few streets from the hostel! Maybe next time! Take care!

The location is great (even though it is close to the red light disctrict). I felt safe walking around in the middle of the night. The staff is very helpful and they have plenty of social events. Good bed, nice shower. Overall, it was clean. The two cons were: wi-fi wasn't very good and it was very hot in the room. The two fans were not enough and we had to sleep with our window open (so it got very bright around 5 am).

Thank you for the review! You are right about the heat, the last weeks here were pretty rough! But now everything is back to normal, it is raining again :) Hopefully see you again soon!

It was great ! High quality for low price !!

• 20th Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Thank you soooo much! Happy travels!

I had an amazing time staying at 5 Elements. The staff are awesome - always attentive and friendly. The atmosphere was friendly, thanks to Alex's social events and pub crawls. It was mainly due to this, that I made some great friends from around the world. Julian, you're such a nice guy. Thanks for always being so approachable. I wish all the staff the best for your futures, I hope to come and see you all in Frankfort again soon. Nicole x

Hi ! Thank you so much for this heartwarming review! Alex and Julian were really happy to read your review!! Yes, please come back again! Enjoy your Eurotrip and take care!

Awesome hostel, however it's in the red light district for Berlin and didn't feel safe walking alone at night. Thankfully they had a good bar so I met many people there and enjoyed my time.

Thank you for the review! However... Berlin??? :) It is nice to read that you had a good time here! Happy travels!

i put 3/5 for location - its right in the middle of the red light district, it would be scary for females to walk alone at any time of the day, but it's also REALLY close to hauptbahnhof, main station for buses and trains, ie a few minutes walk. very nice hostel inside, solid security, very clean, windows keep the noise out well, good breakfast, friendly staff and everything works well.

Thank you for the review! It's great to see that you had a good time here! Happy travels!

Miserable stay. Staff was great and facilities were clean. However, the reason it was so bad was because the room I was in smelled like a sweaty locker room and it was very stuffy. Not enough fans to go around. Pillows were very lumpy and uncomfortable. I think next time I come to Europe during the summer, I'll pay extra for a place with air conditioning.

• 16th Jul 2015

Thank you for reviewing! It is nice to read that you had fun here. As a hostel, we do not provide air conditioning so that we can keep fair prices. However, as we want our guests to have a great time here, we do provide some extra stuff when it gets really hot, such as free watermelon or ice-cold water all day long! Happy travels!

Fun hostel! I would highly recommend the pub crawl on Thursday night!

Thank you so much! Yeaaah the pub crawl is fun, we are glad you liked it! Happy travels!

It was perfect for me. They prepare many activities. I was impressive their hospitalities.

Thank you so much for the 100% !!!!!! This made our day !!! All the best and happy travels!

Staff seems annoyed that they have to do anything. Even simply check you in, it's kinda what they're being paid to do. I didn't understand that. But the atmosphere was fun, conversation was easy to start in the main lobby which is also a bar for the hostel. It was a bit annoying that the bartender seemed more interested in hitting on a table of girls in the corner than getting anyone a drink. All in all, slightly below average.

Thank you for the time reviewing! Sorry to read what your impressions on the hostel are though. Our reception can be quite busy sometimes and we know how annoying it is to wait for a beer. Probably more luck next time! Take care!

My friend and I had a fantastic stay here. We stayed three nights and each night chose a different room. The rooms were clean, the atmosphere was everything you'd want in a hostel, and it was overall great. The only downsides were the drug dealers outside and the fact that the staff had to juggle bartending and clerking at the same time, making it tough to grab a beer. Other than that, our stay was fantastic.

Thanks for the review! We are really sorry that you had to wait for our awesome beers. It is true that during rush hour, our reception gets quite busy! We hope you could still enjoy your stay at Five Elements! Take care!

The hostel is great. A light in an otherwise dark area. Close to the train station.

Thanks so much! Happy travels!

The hostel is very good, but the lockers under the bed was not very safe :/

Thank you for your time reviewing! It is nice to read that you liked the hostel. We are confused though about the lockers... They close with a lock (either your own padlock, or one that you take at reception for 3€ deposit) and then nobody can open them :) Happy travels!

Spacious hostel with comfortable rooms in a good location in the new town. Best breakfast I have ever had in either in a hotel or a hostel! the chef is a genious, so many different types of food made to order! I would go back just for their breakfast!

Thank you for the review! It is great to read that you had a nice stay and that you liked our breakfast! Happy travels!

I went to Frankfurt during the hottest days. My buddy and I stayed on the 3rd floor and it one of the worst nights of my life. At night, it was so hot that I soaked through the sheets. There was one fan in the room and the wind from it barely reached anyone. I paid for two nights and I left on my second day for a place with AC. I don't believe it was the hostel's fault that it was so hot. I do believe that Germany needs to invest in AC installation because "global warming".

Thank you for reviewing! We are really sorry for your experience in the hostel. The heatwave was hard for everybody here and we really did everything we could do to make things as comfortable as possible for our guests. Temperatures like 35° are quite unusual here in Frankfurt. Hopefully the weather will be better next time! Kind regards :)

I couldn't sleep. We had to leave the windows open because there was no air circulation in the facility, but we were street side in the middle of the red light district so it was way too loud to leave the windows open. Also, saying this is in the middle of the red light district is an understatement. There is a needle exchange house right across the street and another around the corner. Very uncomfortable place to stay. But hey, staff was friendly.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hey thank you for the time reviewing. We are really sorry that you could not sleep. The heatwave in Frankfurt a few days ago was rough for everybody and we tried to do our best out of it. For example, we offered free water and watermelon all day long. About the area, sorry that you felt this insecure. It is true that it looks weird at first sight, but a few streets from here you will find the trendiest area of Frankfurt! Just give it a try next time! Take care!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7