Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

I thought "red light" mighta meant like the amsterdam style red light... Not so. It's sketchville outside. But a block and a half away is totally fine. Staff and atmosphere is amazing! Would def recommend this hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015

Haha Sketchville is a nice one! We totally agree with you, the area of the hostel is changing though and it's actually becoming a trendy place in Frankfurt! Thanks for the reviews, come back for more fun any time!

Other than being in the middle of the red light district it is a very good hostel. The old part of the city is quite near. Would not recommend for people that want to go out in the night though

Great stuff and stay. I had booked a private double room and got an upgrade. The room was actually a studio for 3 or 4 people + kitchen and bathroom. it was very nice, extremely clean and comfortable

Thank you so much for the review! We are super happy that you liked your stay here!

I recalled liked the breakfast free as I was staying over 3 nights. Excellent walking distance to the hauptbahnhopf. It didn't bother me that it is in the red light district as so close to the main train station and walking distance everywhere else. Good facilities and good breakfast. The only reason I did not give 100% was because the third floor female shower bathroom had run out off soap foam and not refilled for 2 days. Otherwise was great! Also have Wed pasta night and beer tasting on Fri.

Aaaaaargh noooo too bad for the last 3pts ramaining!!! Sorry for the inconvenience, there is soap again on the 3rd floor now so that we get an even better review next time :) We are very happy that you liked your stay at Five Elements, thank you for this great review!

Not the prettiest neighborhood to say the least, but it is not a nuisance. The hostel is clean and secure and the bed quite comfortable. A pity there is no shower in the room. Wifi works very well. The bar with breakfast room is really nice, there is free coffee and tea, but breakfast is not icluded in the fee (€4,5 but quite good ). A bit expensive for a showerless dormitory, but I guess it is a normal price in Frankfurt.

Thanks for the review! We are happy that you found our hostel secure, clean and comfortable! Next time, make sure you book a dorm with a private bathroom and you will have showers inside :) Hopefully see you in the future!

Five elements hostel was fairly good value for the money. Despite the location which is really poor (they fully warn you of it though) it was amazing. The kitchen was a bit small and you could only comfortably fit 2 people in it and it lacked more than 2 forks. The walk to the centre was really close so leaving the red light district wasn't a problem. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very spacious. The lobby area was also amazing. It's where I had the most fun in Frankfurt!!

Thank you for the nice review! We are happy that you liked it here, especially the atmosphere in our lobby! Hopefully see you again!

Certainly some of the friendliest and helpful hostel staff I've met in my travels. Beds were comfy, bathrooms were always clean and the showers were excellent. The common room area had a great vibe and it was easy to meet people there. Wifi in the rooms could be a little quicker but otherwise no complaints whatsoever. I'd happily recommend you guys to any friends who plan on visiting Frankfurt.

Thank you for this great review and for recommending! Sorry for the wifi, it gets slow sometimes when a lot of people connect at the same time. Hopefully it did not bother you too much! We'll be happy to see you again!

Nice hostel, clean facilities, the location is not a problem and the hostel is perfeclty secured. Good value for money.

Thank you for this nice review!

Exceptional staff and service.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Had a lot of fun with activities planned by the staff at the hostel. Room situation felt a tad odd, with my original room being given away and then my key card would take a good 5 minutes to work. The staff were very friendly, especially Marcel!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Thank you so much for the review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and especially our activities. Marcel will be happy to read your comment! Sorry for the inconvenience, our key system has been our #1 priority for the last months. Happy travels and hopefully see you again!

Wifi service very good and throughout the building. Nice touch was the boards containing recommendation for sightseeing, going out and tourist attractions etc. displayed, and updated, in the reception area. Good breakfast (all you can eat) and free if staying three nights or more. Cheap beer at the bar. Room was excellent.

Thank you very much for this great review! We are happy that you liked the board at reception because we really think our area has some nice spots that backpackers have to discover! Hopefully see you again in the future!

I was pleasantly surprised about how secure the hostel was, given its location in the red light district. However, I stayed in a private double room with my friend, and our shower in the bathroom lacked a curtain or shower door. So ultimately, water would get all over the bathroom floor and we would have to use a mop to push the water back towards the shower drain every morning and night, which was quite annoying.

• 30th Mar 2015

Hi and thank you for your feedback, it is important for us to improve! Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope you could still enjoy your stay at our hostel! Hopefully see you again in the future!

Nice bar but the vibe is a bit anonymous and impersonal. Typical well maintained city hostel.

Thank you for your review! Too bad you could not feel the vibe. Have you been to our activities to get to know people and have more fun? Hopefully see you again in the future!

When I asked to move rooms (because there were some impressive snorers in my first dorm, and I'm a light sleeper), the staff were really helpful and let me move straight away.

Thank you so much for this nice review! We really hope you could sleep well in your new room :) Hopefully see you again in the future!

Very nice drinks from the bar

• 20th Mar 2015

wow 100%!! Thank you so much!! See you again soon for more cocktails at the bar!

Everything was fine except the noise from the street was very well projected into the room even though the window was closed.

Hi! Thank you for your review! We are happy that you liked your stay at 5 Elements Hostel! Sorry about the noise, it is true that the city gets loud at the weekend as people want to party. Next time, you can always come to reception if it gets too loud and we will call the bars around. Hopefully see you again!

Right in the heart of the seediest neighbourhood.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in!

It was good to stay there. Staffs are so friendly! It would be better if the Check in was not so later (at 4 p.m)

• 14th Mar 2015

This is a nice place to stay in Frankfurt, their staff are cool !