Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Spacious hostel with comfortable rooms in a good location in the new town. Best breakfast I have ever had in either in a hotel or a hostel! the chef is a genious, so many different types of food made to order! I would go back just for their breakfast!

Thank you for the review! It is great to read that you had a nice stay and that you liked our breakfast! Happy travels!

I went to Frankfurt during the hottest days. My buddy and I stayed on the 3rd floor and it one of the worst nights of my life. At night, it was so hot that I soaked through the sheets. There was one fan in the room and the wind from it barely reached anyone. I paid for two nights and I left on my second day for a place with AC. I don't believe it was the hostel's fault that it was so hot. I do believe that Germany needs to invest in AC installation because "global warming".

Thank you for reviewing! We are really sorry for your experience in the hostel. The heatwave was hard for everybody here and we really did everything we could do to make things as comfortable as possible for our guests. Temperatures like 35° are quite unusual here in Frankfurt. Hopefully the weather will be better next time! Kind regards :)

I couldn't sleep. We had to leave the windows open because there was no air circulation in the facility, but we were street side in the middle of the red light district so it was way too loud to leave the windows open. Also, saying this is in the middle of the red light district is an understatement. There is a needle exchange house right across the street and another around the corner. Very uncomfortable place to stay. But hey, staff was friendly.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Hey thank you for the time reviewing. We are really sorry that you could not sleep. The heatwave in Frankfurt a few days ago was rough for everybody and we tried to do our best out of it. For example, we offered free water and watermelon all day long. About the area, sorry that you felt this insecure. It is true that it looks weird at first sight, but a few streets from here you will find the trendiest area of Frankfurt! Just give it a try next time! Take care!

Rooms and bathrooms were very well maintained. Cheap beer at the downstairs bar was delicious. the front desk seemed very accommodating overall. the hostel location in regards to the main transit center was extremely close!

Thank you for the nice review! Happy travels!

Great hostel! Staff, facilities, activities and rooms are great. Only downside is while I was in Frankfurt it was really hot, and I don't think the rooms have any air conditioning.

Thank you for the nice review! We are happy to see that you survived the heatwave, which was quite unusual here! More seriously, sorry that it was too hot during your stay, we still hope you had fun in Frankfurt! Hopefully see you again soon!

Great hostel interesting area but totally safe.

Thank you for the review! Take care!

Wifi was very very slow, everything else was perfect!

Thanks for the nice review! Sorry for the slow wi-fi. During summer our wi-fi suffers sometimes from the heat, and it can run a little slow if the hostel is full! We will give it some more coffee to get it faster :) Happy travels and hopefully see you again soon!

Atmosphere and cleanliness are excellent. During my stay, there was a pub quiz (won a pitcher of beer), free crepes and a cheap BBQ night. Security was good for the most part except there was one locker in my dorm that was broken, so that person didn't have a safe place to store their things. Also, the staff are really busy as they have to deal with both the bar and reception at the same time. There was almost always a queue for both because of this.

Great hostel! Tons of fun - made friends quickly!

Thank you so much for the 100% ! It is so great to read that you could meet some friends here! Happy travels!

conviniently located to frankfurt main hbf station. though it' on middle of red light district, safety wasn't a big concern. Staff were friendly and English speaking, which isn't a given in that country.

Thank you for this nice review! Yeah, we are a multicultural staff, so everybody speaks english here, which makes things easier :) Happy travels!

fantastic staff, great hostel, walking distance from the main train station. Frankfurt has high crime and this is in the red light district. they very clearly state that everywhere so there is no reason to be shocked. Its colourful to say the least and if you cant handle this then this area is not for you. Most of the hostels in Frankfurt are in this area so choose wisely. I will stay here again and I cannot speak highly enough of all the staff I met. It is expensive for a hostel

Thanks for your time reviewing! We are really happy to read that you had a good time here, especially with the staff! About the location, we actually think that the area is the new trendy area in Frankfurt! It looks weird at first sight but if you spend a bit of time here, you will see how much it has to offer! So many different hip bars, restaurants from all around the world, various shops, and kiosks to have great beers!! Happy travels and hopefully see you again soon!

Best hostel I have ever been to.

Thank you soooooo much for the 100% !!! Hopefully see you another time soon!

The private room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed our stay! The Internet connection seemed to have a weak signal when I tried to send an email from the lobby (it was unable to go through).

• 25th Jun 2015

Thank you for your review! Sorry for the wifi being slow, it happens sometimes when the hostel is full! I hope you could still enjoy your stay here :) Hopefully see you again soon!

Five Elements Hostel was great! Clean, comfortable, staff was friendly, spaces were nice. The location in the red light district was not a problem although we probably wouldn't have stayed there if not for the proximity to the train station. But I'm glad we did because Five Elements was great!

Thank you for the good review! It is so nice to see that you changed your mind about the location :) Hopefully see you again soon!

When I walked to the hostel from the Hoftbahnhof, I was a little daunted by the characters in the street. But I went out later and found it interesting. The hostel is very safe, and it's close to the river and the Stendel Museum. It was a great stay. Highly recommended

• 24th Jun 2015

Thank you so much for the 100% !!! It is awesome to see you had a good stay here :) Take care!

If you can get over the fact that it's in the red light district, it's really great. Very clean, friendly, and fun

Thank you very much for the review! Hopefully see you again soon!

Perfect! Cosy hostel with a good location and a friendly staff.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Hungary

Thanks sooooo much for the 100% !! It means a lot to us to see that you had a good stay here! Hopefully see you again soon!

I was only here for one night - but the staff was VERY kind and helpful. The location isn't even a big deal. The common area is HUGE and so nice. The hostel itself is huge. The bedrooms were good size with comfortable beds. The bathrooms were fairly clean. I liked how big the lockers were - I could fit two backpacks and more in them. I would definitely come back to this hostel :) (Don't worry about location - it's very safe and hostel is very secure!)

Thanks so much for this nice review! Yeah please come back again :) Safe travels!

This was an ideal location with the train station. 5 minutes walking. It is in the middle of the red light district, FYI, so you will frequently pass by drug users and prostitutes in the street. I would just walk really quickly and avoid eye contact until the hostel. It's such a short walk like this that I would still recommend this hostel because the employees were super nice, they gave me free breakfast for staying 3 nights, there is an elevator (I have a heavy suitcase) & the rooms are great

Thank you for this great review!! So happy that you had a good stay here! Take care!

decent hostel, very close to main train station, good breakfast for 4.50 Euros, WiFi was OK, its right in the red light district and its not the prettiest one I've seen, lots of drug and alcoholic people, homeless, but its still safe, lots of shops and restaurants around, I'd recommend this place.

Thanks a lot for the review and the recommendation! Take care!