Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

The hostel is in a good position- close to the station and to the city center: the fact that it is in the middle of the red light district is not a problem- the area is calm and people don't bother you. There are enough bathrooms per room and the kitchen is big, well-equipped and clean. The staff is helpful. I would recommend everyone to stay here when visiting Frankfurt.

• 11th Aug 2015

Thank you so much for this nice review and the recommendation! Take care and see you soon!

Excellent hostel. Would highly recommend. Don't let the area put you off, the hostel itself is very safe and secure.

Thank you so much for the review and the piece of advice! We absolutely agree with you, the area is more than ok, and actually one of trendiest locations in Frankfurt now! Take care!

very secure place! beds are super comfy and there are events every night. great hostel!

Thank you for the nice review! We hope you had fun at our events! Take care!

The hostel was close to the main station and easy to find. However it was in the red light district, which didn't bother us. Very clean and neat room. A fan was provided in the room which was great for the warmer weather. Would recommend this place to other travellers :)

• 10th Aug 2015

Thank you for the review and the recommendation! Take care!

I liked common areas and the fact that there is a bar there. Breakfast was good. There were fans in the room which was great. My only complaint would be that the showers need better ventilation as I was sweating again before leaving the bathroom. The staff was great. I would recommend.

Thank you for the review and the recommendation! Cheers!

Our room was next to the brothels. There was no A/C so we had to sleep with the windows opened. Too bad that you could hear the fights, crystals, pimps and prostitutes screaming, music from brothels... And all of this stops at 10am. They give u earplugs at the hostel but they don't work. Word! The price is too high for the experience I had. The was a power cut but just in our room. Apart from that everything was alright.

Thank you for your time reviewing! We are sorry to read that you had a bad experience here :( Let's just hope that next time will be better! Cheers!

Definitely had the best staff of any hostel I stayed in!

• 6th Aug 2015

Thank you soooooo much! A short review which means a lot to us! Happy travels!

really enjoyed the stay. staff were great, plenty of people from all over the world. Thought Frankfurt was going to be rubbish but was pleasantly surprised

• 6th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Yes! This is exactly what we love to read! This is so great to see that your experience here was better than expected! Have fun during your Eurotrip and take care!

Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Good wifi, elevator, extremely friendly staff that puts an effort to making this a social hostel. Activities most nights to meet new people. 2 minute walking from Main Train Station and 24 hour reception. Breakfast is good too and if you're there more than 3 nights you get it free. Very clean.Only downside is it being in Red Light District so if you are a female traveling alone and arrive in the PM it can be scary. But I'd still stay here again. Awesome hostel.

Thank you so much! So great to start the day reading this! We are really happy that you had a good time here and that you will come back again! See you soon then!

The place is good, but the staff MAKES it amazing.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! A small line for a big smile! See you again soon!

No complaints!

Wonderful! Thank you very much for the review and the 100% !!!! Safe trips and see you again soon!

Great hostel overall. Outside the doors can be a bit shady, but they spell that out for you so it's no surprise. The showers almost constantly smelled like soggy old men and cigarettes, so I don't think they have the best ventilation in them. Other than that the bar and common area is great, all the free activities they have at night are awesome, I'd easily recommend a stay here.

Thank you for the review and the recommendation, and sorry for the weird smell in the showers! Warm regards!

Such a great atmosphere within the hostel. Most people are very friendly. There does tend to be a lot of guys though so the ratio is like 10 guys to every girl. The location is AWFUL - very dangerous at night. Not a place a female feels safe walking about.

Thank you for the time reviewing! About the ratio, it is every day very different. Sometimes only guys, sometimes only girls, sometimes a perfect mix! It is kind of like playing poker, you never know what your cards are going to be, but you always have to do the best out of it. But this is also what is exciting when you sleep in a hostel, you never know! Happy travels and see you again soon!

I passed through 5 Elements hostel on my own the first time and had such a great time I decided to take my husband with me the next round! The facilities are great, very modern, lots of conveniences and little extras. The atmosphere is great, the staff is super helpful and amazing, and things are run very effectively. The only down side is visiting in August: since you're in the middle of the red light district, it gets pretty creepy out there at night (July was the opposite).

Thank you for the review! So nice to read that you came back! Let's hope we will see both of you again pretty soon! Take care!

Great facilities and wonderful staff! This was my first hostel experience and I would gladly stay here again. The staff was so helpful with directions and I love that they provided activities such as game nights, bbqs, beer tastings. It allowed visitors to get to know each other in a safe environment. The location was a couple blocks into the red light district but I never felt unsafe and it was a great opportunity to see all of Frankfurt. If you stay make sure you take the free walking tour!

• 31st Jul 2015

Baaam! Reading this review just made my day! Thanks so much! So nice to see that you had a great stay! Happy travels and see you again soon!

Nice clean hostel with large lockers for bags and good wifi access throughout. Would definitely recommend

Thank you very much for the review and the recommendation! Take care!

The hostel is only a short walk from the HBH (train station). It is only 200 metres from a major shopping and cafe/restaurant area. It is however in the Red Light district which is pretty seedy. It is safe enough during the day but I would not recommend that women go out by themselves after dark. The staff were fantastic. Special thanks to Nicole who went out of her way to help me find a place in Munich. Good breakfast and great music (thanks Julian). Enjoyed my stay.

Thank you so much for this nice review! This is so great to see that you enjoyed your stay! Take care!

Great hostel. Only negative was a terrible, dirty kitchen

Thank you for reviewing! So sorry for the kitchen!! We clean it everyday and we check it regularly. I guess you must have used it just after a really messy and dirty guest.... Sorry again! Take care and happy travels!

People are nice to customers. It's close from the main station, but it's dangerous around the hostel. Room was cozy and clean.

The hostel is pretty nice and clean. Security is pretty good because of it being in the red light district but can be annoying always having to show a guest card to gain access to the stairs (would be more convenient if the security key would open that door). Has basically all the kitchen and laundry facilities that you need too. Didn't get to experience the pub crawl as I was there a bit too early but everyone around the hostel were lively. Overall, not a bad hostel to stay at.

Thank you for the review! It is nice to read that you had a pleasant stay here. Sorry if you found the door system annoying. Security is our #1 priority though, and we clearly believe that the boring 2 seconds where you have to show your guest pass at reception are not as bad as a bag being stolen... Thanks for your comprehension! Take care and happy travels!