Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Great hostel in the middle of a neighborhood that can appear sketchy but is perfectly safe and has a lot of character. Just steps from the main station. The atmosphere was great- I quickly met people and made friends. Always something going on. Clean, good breakfast buffet and great wifi too. Great stay.

Staff were really friendly and helpful and one night even led guests to a nearby street festival. The price was great. We had a private twin and it was clean and comfortable. The location is odd, but just use common sense and it's ok. The security is good. The free breakfasts and towels were greatly appreciated. Incredibly close to the train station which is really helpful. Would recommend this place to anyone.

The hostel said that the middle of the red light district was "safe and entertaining." I strongly disagree. Most people are not interested in hookers or strippers, why is it entertaining to be there? If you see the large number of cops patrolling the area, you would know that this place is very problematic. In fact, I saw a junkie arrested on the street. But the hostel's proximity to the Frankfurt Hbf squares things out. As for the staff, all but an smart-ass asian tattoo guy were nice.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • China

Great pub crawl.

Great hostel! They really want the guests to have a good time and be able to easily meet new people, and they pull it off with great sucess. I stayed for one night and had really fun, I like the organized going out to the pubs, Held by the staff. The location might not be perfect but they are really clear with that when you book the room so it is no thing to complain about, it is just next to the train station which was perfect. And getting breakfast included was great!

Short accurate review: - Common area is nice; - Staff are friendly; - Facilities and room is very good; - Highly recommended. Beware though - this hostel is located in the middle of the red light district. I didn't mind this but the hostel is not for you if you do not like this sort of thing.

Everything you need is here under one roof. Building entry requires ringing a bell and the presentation of a card. Rooms are clean, sheets are fresh, and the crowd that stays at this location is generally quite international and cultured. The staff were extremely courteous, polite, and professional yet laid-back. Location was generally good. The hostel is in the red-light district, which could be a problem to some potential guests. Extremely close proximity to the Hauptbahnhof is great.

• 20th Jul 2014

The hostel is very close to Frankfurt Hauptbahnhof, but it's in the middle of the red light. There were drug dealers and users all over the place.

Granted, the neighbourhood is what it is...but it's real close to the train station which is SO convenient and I didn't feel unsafe (I did not go out in the red light district at night I must say). The staff is amazing. I really appreciated their help with planning my trip in Germany. Met some great people at this hostel. Great atmosphere!

• 19th Jul 2014

it is nice that the hostel have a bar with good atmosphere.

Location is awesome. Very close to the hbf. In e middle of the red light district, a bit noisy.

The Best!

We just stayed here as a city to fly in/out of. Decent bar. Decent rooms. First time we were in a 4 bunk second time in a private room... The private room was very nice. Located two blocks from the train station which was clutch but scarily in the red light district. As a girl I wouldn't feel safe going out at night

I loved how many social events this hostel provided, allowing travellers to get to know one another. My friend and I participated in the pub crawl on Thursday nights and it was a blast. I was initially quite wary of staying in the red light district but it was no problem as the hostel is very safe and very clean. Would definitely book again.

I really liked the hostel. Nice rooms, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms - nothing to complain about. I think the staff were very nice as well, really friendly and helpful people. The location was pretty good too, even though at first it may seem dangerous, but it is not, in fact the area is quite safe and security at the hostel is excellent as well. Alos, there is a nice common room, in which you can talk to other people and drink a beer or two. Summing up - a very good hostel.

The staff were amazing, and helped out with anything. The pool table was also free so you could easily link up with some new people and play a few games. The worst part was that it's in the middle of the red light district which I didn't mind apart from the homeless and druggies.

I arrived in the morning via a long night flight across time zones. I wanted to have rest then but there is no empty room. In addition, the people living in the same room with me is quite smelly.

A hostel with excellent atmosphere, extremely party hostel...so with do want to have fun and lots of parties go for it. As it will be impossible to sleep at all...but the staff is good some are more than good, the breakfast is really good with many options....the only bad thing I would say its the location because it's in red light district but anyway I personally didn't have any trouble with this....also its in the center of Frankfurt...near the main station...very short walk distance.

Such a great place! Staff are very nice and accommodating. The location is fun and we felt very safe although it is in the red light district. There are great measures taken for security (ex. you must notify a staff member to let you into the door to access the rooms.) The atmosphere is great, always people downstairs, and a great bar. I did not stay here alone, but this is the perfect place for a single traveller to meet a lot of great new people.

Nice hostel but in a rough neighbourhood. Nice with different activities in the hostel!