Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Great hostel. Rooms were big and spacious! Breakfast was very good. Staff very friendly and helpful. In the red light district but that did not bother us. Close to train and bus stations. Highly recommend and would stay there again

It's advertised, but it's definitely noticeable that you're in the red light district. If you plan to go out, be aware that guys stand outside of sketchy strip clubs and all but force you to go inside. I argued with one for a good 20min before he gave up and stopped following me down the street. Otherwise, the staff is friendly. The beds are comfortable. The showers are amazing, and the booze is cheap. I just wish location didn't drag down an otherwise brilliant hostel.

Perfect location close to central station. The staff was friendly and the room was clean and pleasant.

Five elements is a really good hostel, they put firms on some evening, free popcorn was good. It's a clean and tidy hostel with a good social feel to it. It is in the red light district and can feel a bit unsafe out side the hostel at night but a few minutes walk down the road and you are away from all that. I would stay here again.

Incredible hostel! Brand new facilities and an amazing atmosphere!

Hostel itself was good, breakfast was plentiful . Staff could work on being a little more approachable and interactive when checking in but were pleasant enough. 1 staff member with a beard was unnecessarily rude

Other than the fact that this hostel was in the red light district, it was a really nice hostel. Very centrally located and easy to get around the city. We felt very safe and secure here and the staff was really friendly and helpful. The rooms were really clean as well as the bathrooms and showers. I would recommend this place to everyone.

So here is the deal... This is an awesome hostel with an awesome staff and overall atmosphere. Not the cheapest but not the priciest. It's worth the money though for sure. The staff works hard to make you feel welcome, bathrooms are nice, breakfast is standard stuff yet good and plentiful, etc... Just realize that it is in the red light district (which is particularly seedy in Frankfurt even in broad daylight) and if this will upset you in any way don't bother booking. But I loved it.

• 5th Sep 2014

Guess what?! The elevator was during my stay. A great hostel.

• 4th Sep 2014
  • New Zealand

Excellent staff and atmosphere. Really feels like there is a community here. It felt very easy to just sit down and talk to strangers. Location might feel like it's dangerous, but I think if you just keep your head down and go to where you want to go, no one should give you any trouble. Felt absolutely safe inside the hostel.

Everything you can ask from a hostel except the location in the red light district that make it a little bit scary at night. 5 minutes walk from the main train station, 25 minutes walk from city center, everything is close by.

The stay was pleasant. Great Staff, fun atmosphere and a lively place overall. Would be better if Frankfurt was a better city to go to though.

: ) Thanks for the raring... Frankfurt is a very interesting place to visit. If you need any help, ask our receptionists for intereting places to visit and we highly recomment the walking turs of "insider tours". There is a normal Sightseeing tour but also tours of different interest, like architecture, world war 2, christmas markets and so on!!

The elevator wasn't working for some days and not even a free drink can compensate the extra effort you need to carry things to the fifth floor. The kitchen was poorly equipped but the common room hada good atmosphere and the hosts were surprinsingly friendly. Excellent location very near thecity centre 3 minutes walking distance from train and bus station.

: ) Im happy to inform all future guests, that our elevator has a whole new machine and is working fine again. This sure was a very tough time for all of us, guests, staff and lets not forget the cleaning staff... Again we are very sorry for the incovenience and hope it wont happen ever again!!! Enjoy the elevator ride!!!!

I like how open they are about their location. Once you get there, it's a great place!

• 31st Aug 2014

Really cool hostel. Great vibe and facilities. Past night was awesome! I didn't mind the location but was grateful for their warnings. Arrived at night, alone, and obviously wasn't super comfortable but also not uncomfortable. All in all great place, I'd definitely go back

The strutcture and cleaning of the hostel was really good.

• 25th Aug 2014

Had a very nice staying.

• 24th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

I really enjoyed the atmosphere at this hostel was amazing! The rooms are clean, there is plenty of locker space, and the showers are amazing. I stayed at the 5 Elements twice, the first room I was in didn't have any hangers (that i noticed, I may be wrong), but the second room did and It was good. I like the common area, it is a great environment to meet new people!

• 23rd Aug 2014

It is a great place to stay! Cool staff and comfort environment. The breakfast was pretty good! It is near to the Train Central Station, quite near to the Zeil Shopping Center and Historic Center.

Although they advertised no smoking people smoked in the rooms and bathrooms. I had naked guests slam the bathroom door in my face while they smoked and did "stuff" leaving me locked out. The red light district was not the best but it was in walking distance to a lot of places and close to train station. Be prepared to see lots of people smoking crack in the neighborhood.

• 22nd Aug 2014

Oh, not a pleasant incident. Unfortunately in a hostel guests sometimes dont behave like guests and do whatever they like... Please let our receptionists know in case you feel offended or uncomfortable in any way. They will surely try their best to help. Also we are a non smoking hostel and we are definately not pleased if guests just decide to smoke inside anyway. In case they do, fines occur.