Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

This is my third time in this hostel and it is one of the best I stayed in. It is better to take the 6-8 dorm than the 4 bed since the room is bigger. The bathrooms are super clean and the breakfast is like in a hotel !

Wooow, three times at our hostel! Thanks a lot and you are welcome back any time!!!

Amazing breakfast

• 5th Nov 2014

Great hostel, nice staff, but in a very dodgy area, but still safe enough to get about in. The staff try hard to be inclusive and the rooms are spacious and comfortable, strongly recommend. Although frankfurt as a city is rather boring two days is definitely long enough there

The hostel itself was fantastic! Spacious, clean, good showers, good security (the cards did mess up once but shit happens). Only stayed two nights but loved it! The lounge/bar area is great for meeting people if you're brave enough and the drinks are pretty cheap. Being in the red light district did seem to creep out some of the people I met but I thought it was pretty funny, and police being everywhere made it pretty safe. Apart from that, location very close to the hbf but not very central.

• 31st Oct 2014

Thanks a lot for the rating : ) I have to correct one thing here though, we are 2 mins from the main train station (Its a big station, so that if you take the right exit of cause which would be Taunusstrasse!!), a 10 mins walk to the main ahopping mall or the old town square (which is the centre of frankfurt) or 10 mins walk into the other direction to Messe. I would call that very central, dont you?

장소가 중앙역이랑 매우가까워서 좋긴한데 그근처가 다 홍등가 주변이라. . . 밤엔 약간 무서움.

It'a a very nice hostel, with very nice, quite people and good atmosphere. That's for chilling is pretty good, makes you fell save, and it's very important.

• 26th Oct 2014

It's not that big of a deal that it's in the red light district (one block long). Staff were SO helpful, even before arriving as I had a request which they accommodated to the best of their abilities. Always helpful and friendly! I had a small issue with my room key not working but this was resolved. Breakfast was tasty, with a good variety. I would absolutely stay here again. - A solo female traveller

Hey there, thats great to here. In our experience, people either find the location amusing and interesting or a little (or more) frightening. We do our best to make you feel safe. Ther is police around in this area all the time and we do have a security service at night. When you go outside, it is very bight (so no scary dark corners) and remember, there are more than 60 hotels in the area, so there is not just red light but a lot of tourism as well. safe travels to everyone!!

Fun lively hostel with activities everynight, we particularly enjoyed free crepes and the pub quiz. Rooms and facilities good. A few weirdos on the street and red light district, but there is a strong police presence so no need to let it bother you. Highly recommended hostel.

Everything was perfect. Very nice and helpful staff. We would definitely stay there again.

• 20th Oct 2014

Thaaaank you : D

Great hostel. loved the free drinks and breakfast. good value for the rooms provided. normal grievance is the location but really it wasn't as bad as I expected

If you're a voyeur, or loved the HBO series The Wire, book a day or two in this place. The glass along the front wall of the common room affords a commanding view of the pushers, peddlers and dope fiends that hang around on the other side of the street, just a few doors down. Not only will you be guaranteed to witness some hand-to-hands, but you might be lucky enough to see some busts (around 9am usually), and even some 'heads shooting up in the street in broad daylight.

• 17th Oct 2014

The hostel itself was fine and we aware that it was in the red light district but we didn't realise how bad this area would be. Similar to others we witnessed people smoking crack outside the hostel and also felt very unsafe walking through the redlight district and also most streets in Frankfurt. We proberly wouldn't recommend going to Frankfurt at all.

The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. It is not ideally situated being in the red light district but the hostel itself is still very safe and whilst being an unattractive area I didn't find it particularly threatening. Definitely worth staying here for the free breakfast and friendly vibe!

In terms of location, it is quite close to the tourist attractions. Despite being located in the Red Light (as more than once highlighted by them), the biggest issue for me was the noise. The street is quite noisy and even staying at the 4th floor, I had a hard time to fall asleep. Other than that, the staff is friendly and their activities are quite cool (movie night, crêpe night, etc)

It's a funny hostel in the middle of the city. Weirdos and drug addicts are hanging just outside of the hostel but it's kind of amuzing to observe. The hostel is secure and breakfast tasty!

Moosst awesome Hostel I hv ever seen!...don't know why they were so skeptical about there location in the description although it was fine...the Redlight area didn't bother me at all. Hostel was peaceful and lovely. The staff was extremely humble. Bed were neat and cozy. Was a great experience meeting travelers from all around the world. Though I was supposed to be touring around Frankfurt as being a tourist, but ended up lying around in the hostel most of the time. Not to mention the free WiFi!

• 7th Oct 2014
  • India

The hostel is nice as the staff, kind and helpful, and the location, perfect even if in the Red zone. What is completely OUT OF BUDGET is the cost of a single bed in the 6 bed dorm: 50 euro only one night reserved 4 months earlier!!!! Really UNFAIR and even more unfair the explication of this price increase (more then doubled): "You're right but, you know, there's the Buchmesse and no other bed in town". Guys you're an hostel, please think deeply in this, what kind of service do you offer...?

Hi , we are sorry that you are upset about the price ... but please, be honest ... why did you book then? Because the other Hostels in FFM were even more expensive with lower quality, right? What we try to do, and what we see as fair: we always want to be able to offer a bed. 4 Month earlier as well as for the same day. This means we cannot sell all the beds cheaply in advance - we would not have any left for walk-inns. The average price during the fair was still reasonable 30 Euros...

Great staff and good environment overall. Would definitely stay again.

I lived on the 7th floor which is really cold at night.

• 5th Oct 2014
  • China

The hostel itself is ok, not too bad or great. Staff members werent rude but it seemed they were there just doing their jobs, nothing else. The area isnt the best one, but two blocks away it gets to look beautiful.

: ( Ok is not good enouh for us, we go for great! Sadly you didnt feel it, so we will have to try better!! Frankfurt is actually not very large, every district is just a few blocks wide. The red light district, the museums area, the business district, the old town centre, the scyscrapers. It is very interesting, just to walk around the inner city for half an hour and cross through all the different areas which change so quickly!