Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

Overall a plesant stay, very clean however did have a weird smell in our room that didnt seem to go away even after leaving the windows open all day. good location to get about however wasnt really keen on all the homeless drugy people that hung around the streets of the hostel, but were never bothered by any of them. Breakfast was nice and we liked the later check out time.

Thanks for the review! Sorry about the smell in the room, we really do our best to avoid this kind of issues, especially in dormitories as we know how bothering it can be! We are happy that you liked the breakfast and that you could sleep before checking out!! Hopefully see you again!

Maybe not in the nicest spot of the city however very practical being close to the main train station

Thank you for the review! It's great if you liked your stay here :) Hopefully see you another time!

We really enjoyed our stay in Five Elements hostel. Staff is extremely nice and helpful, french crepes served on Monday are deliocious!! :) Room was clean, hostel is located very close to the main railway station, so it makes much easier to travel. The location in red light district was not a problem at all, place is secure. Probably if you come back alone to hostel at night you should be more careful. We can definitely recommend this place.

Thank you for this great review and for recommending us! We are always so glad to see that our guests had a good time here! Hopefully see you again!

The breakfast is good. In my room there was an alcoholic that drinker a bottle of wine every night and open the window at 3am in the morning so I got sick will been there.

• 17th Apr 2015
  • Ecuador

Thank you for your time reviewing us! We are happy that you liked breakfast. Too bad for the person in your room, we are sorry that you got sick! One thing we do not understand though, your reservation here was for a private room... Did you find somebody in the wardrobe?? ;) Happy travels and hopefully see you again soon!

Centrally located, very near Frankfurt train station. However in red light district. People should take precautions, generally safe. Hostel staff very friendly, professional.

Thank you so much for the great review! Hopefully see you again!

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is not ideal. As a solo female traveller I was a little concerned. But arrive during daylight, keep your wits about you and you will be fine. It's a short walk to get out of the red light district.

Thank you for reviewing! Sorry that you had to feel concerned about the area. There are actually some nice bars and clubs opening a few streets from the hostels. Next time, make sure you check it out! Happy travels!

Great stuff, big common room, many things/events organised by hostel, clean, safe and once more - great stuff :) The only thing that is small minus is location - hostel on "red light" street, it's safe but noisy at night.

Thank you so much for the review! It sounds like you had a great stay here! Sorry for the noise of the street, sometimes it gets loud when people party at night. Happy travels and hopefully see you soon!

Being a lone young female I was worried about the location, yeah it was dodgy but no one bothered me and you were quickly out of the red light district just by walking. Hostel was amazing! Clean, nice, great staff and great activities

Thank you so much for this great review! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hostel :)

Staff were helpful and friendly. Room was clean and tidy. It just takes about 5 minutes from the Train Station, but it locates at the red light district and I had to walk very quickly back to the hostel.

Thank you for this nice review! Sorry that you felt a bit scared in the street! Fortunately, you did not have to walk back too long until the train station! Hopefully see you again in the future!

Although we were at first apprehensive about the location because we were getting in at 2am, we had no trouble walking from the central station. the hostel was clean and comfy and it was really nice to have an ensuite bathroom. my only complaint would be that the bunk beds were a bit difficult to get into, but I'm pretty short. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Frankfurt.

Thank you for your time reviewing us, and for recommending our hostel!!! Happy travels!

Staff is very kind and room is very clean. Location is very strang.But nothing happend. I recommend you check the location of the hotel before night.Then no problem. Breakfast is very nice!!!!

Thank you so much for the lovely review! It's great that you liked our delicious breakfast :) Hopefully see you another time!

I thought "red light" mighta meant like the amsterdam style red light... Not so. It's sketchville outside. But a block and a half away is totally fine. Staff and atmosphere is amazing! Would def recommend this hostel.

• 10th Apr 2015

Haha Sketchville is a nice one! We totally agree with you, the area of the hostel is changing though and it's actually becoming a trendy place in Frankfurt! Thanks for the reviews, come back for more fun any time!

Other than being in the middle of the red light district it is a very good hostel. The old part of the city is quite near. Would not recommend for people that want to go out in the night though

Thank you for the review! We are happy that you liked the hostel :) Hopefully see you another time!

Great stuff and stay. I had booked a private double room and got an upgrade. The room was actually a studio for 3 or 4 people + kitchen and bathroom. it was very nice, extremely clean and comfortable

Thank you so much for the review! We are super happy that you liked your stay here!

I recalled liked the breakfast free as I was staying over 3 nights. Excellent walking distance to the hauptbahnhopf. It didn't bother me that it is in the red light district as so close to the main train station and walking distance everywhere else. Good facilities and good breakfast. The only reason I did not give 100% was because the third floor female shower bathroom had run out off soap foam and not refilled for 2 days. Otherwise was great! Also have Wed pasta night and beer tasting on Fri.

Aaaaaargh noooo too bad for the last 3pts ramaining!!! Sorry for the inconvenience, there is soap again on the 3rd floor now so that we get an even better review next time :) We are very happy that you liked your stay at Five Elements, thank you for this great review!

Not the prettiest neighborhood to say the least, but it is not a nuisance. The hostel is clean and secure and the bed quite comfortable. A pity there is no shower in the room. Wifi works very well. The bar with breakfast room is really nice, there is free coffee and tea, but breakfast is not icluded in the fee (€4,5 but quite good ). A bit expensive for a showerless dormitory, but I guess it is a normal price in Frankfurt.

Thanks for the review! We are happy that you found our hostel secure, clean and comfortable! Next time, make sure you book a dorm with a private bathroom and you will have showers inside :) Hopefully see you in the future!

Wonderful Hostel! This is exactly what every hostel should be. A relaxed atmosphere that brings travelers together for a great experience in Frankfurt. I was thoroughly impressed by the staff, the facilities and the atmosphere. An absolute must stay if you are traveling to Frankfurt!

Five elements hostel was fairly good value for the money. Despite the location which is really poor (they fully warn you of it though) it was amazing. The kitchen was a bit small and you could only comfortably fit 2 people in it and it lacked more than 2 forks. The walk to the centre was really close so leaving the red light district wasn't a problem. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very spacious. The lobby area was also amazing. It's where I had the most fun in Frankfurt!!

Thank you for the nice review! We are happy that you liked it here, especially the atmosphere in our lobby! Hopefully see you again!

Certainly some of the friendliest and helpful hostel staff I've met in my travels. Beds were comfy, bathrooms were always clean and the showers were excellent. The common room area had a great vibe and it was easy to meet people there. Wifi in the rooms could be a little quicker but otherwise no complaints whatsoever. I'd happily recommend you guys to any friends who plan on visiting Frankfurt.

Thank you for this great review and for recommending! Sorry for the wifi, it gets slow sometimes when a lot of people connect at the same time. Hopefully it did not bother you too much! We'll be happy to see you again!

Nice hostel, clean facilities, the location is not a problem and the hostel is perfeclty secured. Good value for money.

Thank you for this nice review!