Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

A great hostel in a pretty seedy area. I knew it was in the red light district so it was fine, but still not all that enjoyable. Security was really good, and the place was clean, it stunk of windex on my floor though. I was only here for a night, but the BBQ and pub crawl were awesome, great for a solo traveller. My roomies loved the 24 hour bar and included breakfast was great too :)

Pros: Staff was really helpful and friendly. Breakfast was tasty and rich. The whole hostel is nicely renovated. The room (two bed room with shared bathroom) was really cozy with big windows. Pasta night & BBQ organized by the hostel. Free guided city tours by a volunteer guide. Cons: The elevator was not working, it was quite uncomfortable to drag the luggage to the 5th floor. The tap water was not very good for drinking. Red light district are could be uncomfortable for lone women.

Dear guests, we are so sorry about the elevator issue! We already bought a new one. Unfortunately the thing with things like this is, it takes a while till all the parts arrive and unfortunately there is nothing we can do at the moment but wait for the repairs to be done. The repair company is doing their best! Please pick up your free drink at the bar and ask for help with your luggage at any time! ?Tap water is no problem to drink in germany, most of the germans drink it every day!!

The staff were not friendly. They should add that the hostel is in the red light district on there blurb on the hostel world site. I wasn't comfortable going out at night being a single female traveler.

I just copy/paste this from our description: "There is one tiny downside to our LOCATION: we are located slap bang in the middle of the RED LIGHT DISTRICT! Anyhow, we don't think that it is that dangerous and the hostel has a HIGH safety standard. However, if you don't feel comfortable staying in this area, feel free to book somewhere else." Thanks for reading ; )

Good free breakfast (which doesn't end until noon), and BBQ or free pasta every night. One problem is that (judging from others' reviews), their elevator has been broken for at least 2 weeks when I stayed there (although the staff gives you an impression that it just broke today). I don't know how long it'll stay broken but if your room is on a higher floor (can be as high as 7th FL), it can be daunting.

Dear guests, we are so sorry about the elevator issue! Believe me, our cleaning staff lets us know how much trouble it is every day. We already bought a new one. Unfortunately the thing with things like this is, it takes a while till all the parts arrive and unfortunately there is nothing we can do at the moment but wait for the repairs to be done. The repair company is doing their best! Please pick up your free drink at the bar and ask for help with your luggage at any time!

No elevator !!!!!!!!

• 11th Aug 2014
  • China

I think this hostel is very good. I want use again.

Excellent hostel. Really close to the train station but still easily walkable to the centre. The room was massive too! I'd stay here again if I returned to Frankfurt.

Great staff and nice rooms. Best accommodations in Frankfurt

- Red light district is not that bad - A bit noise bed - Poor atmosphere, not that great to travel alone - nice bar and breakfast

A very cosy hostel situated closely to Frankfurt Hbf, only a 5 minute walk. Although it's bang in the middle of the red light district, I felt very safe there at night. The staff were helpful and there are plenty of things going on in this hostel. A good choice.

Just great! Activities were the best because they were the easiest way to get to know people. I don't even know how this place worked so well... Friendly staff, clean room and the atmosphere... just.. amazing... but hey use one day to clean every fan because at least in our room it was covered in dust. Nothing else to complain and say hello to mr. Best!

I only stayed here for 1 night for passing through but this hostel looked very good. It's very clean, the dorms are locked with a keycard. The elevator was broken when I visited but that's temporary. The bar downstairs was pretty fun (they play movies untill late at night). It did lack some typical hostel atmosphere, but I still had a lot of fun and the staff was very helpful. Wifi on every floor, small but clean bathrooms. Great bed!

완벽합니다. 무조건 여기서 주무세요

Awesome hostel! Great activities and facilities. Very clean. It's a little weird walking through the red light district at first, but it's not a big deal. Great location close to the main train station. The only downside is that when we stayed there, the elevator was not working, and our room was on the 7th floor. Even so, the staff apologized and warned us beforehand, and they offered a free €3 drink at their bar (they have great beer with good prices) so it was OK for us. Would recommend this.

Sketchy location, but wasn't a problem in the end, great atmosphere at the hostel, with friendly staff and plenty of events. Would definitely go again.

Very fun hostel with a great downstairs common area/bar. Rooms are big and clean with good common bathrooms. Staff are nice and helpful. It's in the middle of the red light district, but we hung out on the street at night and felt fine. BBQ some nights for cheap.

That one guy there at breakfast was dropping some awesome killer puns. It was transcendent. The hostel was pretty great too.

the room is clean, the bed is prepared to sleep, you dont need to put the sheets, you just need to take if off on check out. they got a all-you-can-eat-breakfast, very good. I would stay there again, i recommend the hostel.

Cool events are hold every night here! Don't miss it!!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Large rooms, comfy and warm beds, great bar and outdoor area with nightly BBQ, well priced food and drinks, lovely staff who knew my name by the end of my four night stay :)

• 26th Jul 2014