Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt Reviews

Moselstr 40, Frankfurt/Main, Frankfurt, Germany

The Hostel was good. The wifi work very well in my room. I have no complaints. I will definitely return.

excellent bed and room and good for value

5Elements is the perfect hostle. Every member of the staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is fun and encourages the guests to mingle. The room was perfectly clean and comfortable.

Thanks so much for this nice rating. Happy travels!

The hostel is really nice, with a really good location! Loved mt stayed there! Definitely i am going to come back!!!

Hi there and thanks for the nice rating. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. See you!

If you're transiting through Frankfurt it's probably easier to stay at an airport hostel. Five Elements was mostly ok, but the staff working when I arrived were really unhelpful. The morning shift were better and the breakfast is good. It's actually not far to walk to Frankfurt's shopping and sites. It's in the red light district but I had no security concerns.

Hi there and thanks for your feedback. Of course it might be easier to stay in a hostel at the airport, but if you have some time in Frankfurt and like to have a glimpse at the city, the 15 minute train ride to the central station and the 5 minute walk to our hostel are worth it. I am sorry that you got the impression that part of our staff was unhelpful. As you can read in all the other reviews, this is not usual. I hope you had a nice time in Frankfurt anyways. Happy travels!

I spend here one night and had fun. You can easily reach it from central train station. Staff was friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and place is safe. Bar at the downstairs is nice because there you can talk with other travelers and hang out. I really enjoyed the game night. I played poker and table soccer with some guys and had really fun. I really recommend this hostel!

Hi there and thanks so much for the nice rating. We are happy you enjoyed your time with us. Happy travels!

The hostel is in a great location right next to the main station. There are lots of restaurants and bars around. The rooms are clean but have very little atmosphere and hardly any interior. There are basically just beds in them and that's it. Moreover, the hallways are badly lit which makes the whole experience kind of uncomfortable. On the upside, there is a bar downstairs where one can hang out and meet other travellers.

This is my first time being outside of the United States and Frankfurt was my first stop in my adventure. I chose this hostel based on the reviews of the place and the pictures which made it seem like a friendly place. The red light district, where the hostel is located, is really sketchy, so you have to be cautious and you will be fine. The breakfast was decent (being from America, I was expecting more, but the food was good). If you're a solo traveler, you will meet tons of new people!!

Nice hostel and good fun but its on the red light district which is alot rougher looking then i expected. I liked it but being female and alone some of the local people hanging around the streets at night were a little scary , that being said i had no problems with them

5 Elements Frankfort was great for my trip as it was about a 5 to 10 minutes walk to the train station, clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. It was about a 10 minute train ride to the Frankfort airport so that was great. It was good value for your money and I will stay there again. Glen

• 19th Dec 2014

Hi Glen, thanks for the nice rating. Always good to hear what our guests think about their stay with us. See you!

This hostel is really comfortable and friendly. They deal with the less-than-desirable location really well, with good security measures and a really bright and friendly common area. Staff were super friendly too!

Hi there and thanks for the rating. We are happy that you recognized the effort we put into making the location as "comfortable" as possible. We know it looks bad on the first glance, but if you look twice, there are a lot of hidden things, which are interesting for backpackers (cheap food, nice bars, little shops and so on). Happy travels!

Awesome staff.

Good fun, great staff - Ricki was lovely

Would recommend this place. The staff super helpful, had a cool free crepe night and really secure and safe inside which was great as its in probably not the safest area. Really cool though. Would come back

Hi and thank you so much for the nice rating. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us!

Very nice and valuable hostel

Friendly staff, comfortable beds, hot showers. Close to the museum district and even closer to the main train station. Also near the Christmas Market. Right in the middle of the red light district, which can be a bit jarring when you first approach. You get used to it though, and we didn't have any problems. Breakfast is good too. Highly recommend staying here.

Very clean and safe hostel. Friendly and helpful staff. Good facilities. I really recommend it in Frankfurt.

• 3rd Dec 2014

Hi there and thanks very much for the nice rating. We hope to see you some time again! Happy travels

Had a really enjoyable stay here. Before coming I read all the reviews saying to watch out because it was in the red light district, and I have to admit it made me re-think my booking. I had visions of small alleyways and crackheads outside. When I arrived, however, I discovered the 'red light district' consists of about 3 sex shops and 2 casinos, with large open roads and absolutely no problems whatsoever. The hotel staff are very friendly and there is a great atmosphere among all the guests

Although close to the main station, the location is not great. Some very seedy places around. Seemed a bit understaffed at times, but the atmosphere cannot be faulted. Great hostel with clean facilities.

is a very good hostel, very near the main station, and 10 minutes walking for de old town.

• 26th Nov 2014