Florida Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Vico Primo Rota, Sorrento, Italy

I had a great time at Florida. It's much more like a hotel so there's no place for preparing your own meals, but there's a great pool, and you can still make good friends, as people always get together for a beer in the bar by the pool or in the garden. The staff is very helpful also.

Watch out for the head waiter in restaurant. He tried to get us to order "off menu" meal at twice regular price .

It's a hotel with a few dorm rooms. suited me and my boyfriend perfectly! We laid by the pool for 5 days... Perfecto!

This is an amazing hostel/hotel, do not worry for being "far" from the city center... it's just a 10min walk and it's a nice walk. There is a cool pool and the guys from de Bar are great! Also the front desk staff who help me with tours, excursions, etc. Thank you Florida staff!

좋았어요 역에서 멀긴 했지만 수영장도 있고 직원들도 친절했어요. 첫날에는 멀쩡했는데 둘째날 샤워꼭지? 그거 룸메가 쓰다가 부숴졌는데 체크아웃할 때 직원이 미안하다고 사과하더라구요. 암튼 다 좋았어요!!ㅋㅋㅋ 깔끔하고!

Excellent place to stay, staff asked if I wanted to go on a boat tour around Capri my first morning there, they planned the whole thing for me and got me a taxi (a guy in a scooter--so fun!) and everything. Literally time of my life. Clean place, minus a few ants in bathroom, otherwise entirely excellent. Lockers with keys in bedrooms. Pool, bar, clean facilities, I felt this place ruined my expectations for future hostels bc it was so nice.

• 26th Sep 2014

It's actually a hotel with a few dorms. Big lockers, very clean. No lockout or curfew is nice. But there's no kitchen or common area (except outside) The pool is nice, and they have a bar and restaurant. The staff was sometimes helpful and sometimes very rude when people brought their own food/alcohol to consume. (They want you to buy it from them instead). Bit of a walk from Sorrento centre but not too bad.

Great stay! The front desk manager in the morning (Miguel) was so friendly and very helpful with anything we needed and gave fantastic advice about the area. The pool and bar is fantastic, got free towels when needed. Very clean and comfortable stay. Definately recommend to anyone.

A very pleasant place to stay with use of the hotel pool which was very nice! Bed was comfy and clean. Was great to have such a big locker to store things I never had any worries about my stuff. Would recommend.

• 18th Sep 2014

I stayed here for a week and it was the perfect start to my month travelling. It is more like a hotel with a few dorm rooms attached, which is great because it means there is a pool! The staff are amazing, they went above and beyond to resolve any issues and couldn't have been more helpful when planning day trips. The only downside is there is no fridge in the rooms..

• 16th Sep 2014

Incredibly helpful and welcoming staff that really made my stay special, highly recommended excellent facilities for a hostel. A big thank you to all the team at the Florida Hotel Charlotte, Solo Traveller, Southampton ENGLAND

• 9th Sep 2014

Really good hostel. Everyone is real friendly and had a great time. The bar man was a too bloke!

A hostel should feel like your staying with a friend, or at least in someones home. The Florida definitely feels more like a hotel and the rooms lack any type of character. That being said the pool and having a nice place to eat are a huge plus. Other than the black ants being all over the place everything was tidy.

Absolutely amazing hostel, more like a hotel!! Definitely the best accommodation in our three weeks in Italy. The staff were very welcoming and friendly, and more than happy to help us with anything we needed. They even helped us to organise a boat cruise to the Isle of Capri, which was fantastic! Would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it to anyone travelling to Sorrento.

This is a hotel with some dorm rooms attached so it's great as it comes with a pool and bar. Location is a little far from sorrento town (30mins walk)

An amazing hostel. The staff went well beyond their requirements in recommending sights to see, and in booking us on the day trip we required. The food was brilliant. Plus it had a swimming pool!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Florida hostel & hotel is more like a hotel than hostel. Little bit far away from Sorrento railway station by foot and very less number of hostelites ( or may be we came at wrong time). Don't blindly trust the reception guys on tours or suggestions, they operate similar to hotel reception people. Clean and quite place, lacking common room for hostel people or may be it is there but too fancy for us.

Our understanding of this place is that it's a hotel that also has a few hostel rooms. For our group of 4, we were placed in a hostel room. our initial thoughts were that the room was fine. perhaps their hotel rooms are nicer, but we wouldn't stay here again.

We are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your overall stay with us and would like to apologize for not fully exceeding your expectations. As we take all our guest comments and feedback to be of utmost importance to us, it would be very much appreciated if we could have the opportunity to speak to you personally. Therefore, may I kindly request you to contact us by email.

Hostel was difficult to find. Shower was leaking water. Need a small kitchen for people to do some quick cooking.

Lovely hostel, with access to the hotel pool area, which was very clean and well maintained.

• 25th Jul 2014