Florida Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Vico Primo Rota, Sorrento, Italy

I had a lovely stay in Florida hostel and I was so lucky to be upgrade from a dorm to a single room. The staff was very helpful as well and helped me with some queries about what to do around Sorrento so thanks.

loved my stay here! great location plus pool on site! staff Was really helpful and gave me lots of info on what to do in and around the area. 5 euro for breakfast buffet is worth it. would stay again

Clean 8 bed dorm in a standard ensuite hotel room comes with key card, complete with a large enough cabinet for your stuff which you can bring a lock along for it, with ample power sockets. Location is almost same distance from the nearest 2 circumvesuviana stops, and is 15mins away from the centre, amongst other hotels in a quiet area. Staff were amicable. Dorm wing is a separate building on the other side of the pool. There is a €1 city tax on top of the €18 listed. No cooking facilities.

I think the place would be great in summer as it has a pool, a bar and heaps of seating area. However the wifi was pretty woeful and we were there during offseason so I can't imagine summer would be any better with more people using it. The rooms were cleaned everyday, including bathrooms which was good. It was a bit of a walk to find something to eat but not too bad of a location after all.

The hotel is beautiful and in a nice location. We were 'upgraded' for the first two nights to a room crawling with ants to which the staff member on reception commented "hmm ants, I could give you a spray?", no apology no nothing. However the room for the second two nights [cabin type room, separate from main building at the back] was beautiful, no problems at all. Overall I'd recommend it as it was a nice place to stay and most of the staff were very helpful with information for day trips.

We could come in at any time, which was nice. It wasn't in downtown Sorrento, but the walk isn't that far so it isn't bad. For us it was more difficult because it was downpouring for most of our stay. I lost my key card so I had to pay 3 euro for that, which was unfortunate. Breakfast is buffet style and 5 euro. Not the best I've had but definitely worth the money. I wouldn't recommend their dinner- not good enough compared to the options you have in Sorrento.

• 9th Oct 2015

You will be staying at a hotel that has a couple hostel dorms if you choose so. It's great. Location isn't that bad only a 15min walk away from town. Staff are great, hotel remember. Pool is cool. Looks nice. Good for pictures and selfies and whatnot. Bar and restaurant is expensive, but you're gonna be in Sorrento why not. Easy pick of a place to stay. Stay here. Do it. I dare you. I'm kidding your choice. Nah do it.

It is just 10-15 mins away from the station so the location is perfect. There are also supermarkets and some bars around so it's convenient. At first, it is a little bit difficult to find but once you know the way it's safe and convenient to get to. The guy at the reception is really nice and will give you the best opinion about your stay in Sorrento, trips to Amalfi Coast and Naples. The pool is amazing and the restaurant serves good food too. There are lockers in the room so it's super safe.

This is not a true hostel! It's a couple of converted rooms in the basement of a hotel. The bar, restaurant and pool are nice but the average age of the people staying at the hotel was probably 50+ so don't expect to do much socializing there. The atmosphere was awful, because there is no common area for those staying at the hostel, you're only choice will be to mingle with people who could be your grandparents. Also, squeakiest, most uncomfortable bed I've ever stayed in. Shower is nice though.

Only stayed one night but rooms were decent and the staff could have been a little nicer.

Large lockers in the room which was nice. Linen is provided and you make your own bed. Is as clean as it can be when shared with 6 people. The best part was the outside patio and pool area. Very well kept and a good place to hang out and relax. Inexpensive all you can eat breakfast is 5€ and worth it. Not exactly in Sorrento. Long walk 15-20 mins from sorrento train station.

More hotel than hostel, and the same goes for the vibe. Pool and bar are nice. Keep in mind no kitchen or fridge storage. Staff weren't very friendly or helpful. Difficult to meet people as a single traveller, but I may have just had bad timing!!

Beautiful spot! A bit of a walk from the town (about 20 minutes) but no real drama there. As other reviewers have said, it is more of a hotel than a hostel, which means there is no kitchen, but it is a really nice place to stay in Sorrento at a reasonable price. The only issue we had was that the aircon in our room turned off randomly in the middle of the night. Don't miss pizza night either!

Very pleasant hostel with very nice staff. The cons: don't include breakfast. If you want it, you have to pay 5€ at the entrance. Sorrento is such a beautiful city!

Lovely hostel, and very helpful staff. It was great to have a pool, a bar, and breakfast buffet right on site! Highly recommend this hostel to anyone staying in Sorrento!

I think for also beeing a hostel it would be goog to have the breakfast included because there is already no kitchen that the hostel guests could use

Incredible service, we asked for recommendations at the front desk often and were not disappointed. Very good restaurant by the pool.

this hostel has the advantage to have a swimming pool for free. the city tax is not included. so you have to pay one euro per day ( not very much if you compare with the 3 euros tax in rome) the breakfast costs 5 euros. it is a buffet so I think 5 euros is correct. there are 2 PC in the hotel but there are quite hidden in the floor below the reception. I found them by accident. the location is a little far from city center. reception recommend tour to Capri for 70 euros (a bit expensive).

Beautiful hotel the pool is amazing and the restaurant is actually really good! A bit of a walk to the city center though which can get annoying. It felt more like a hotel than a hostel, lots of older people there vacationing. Probably not the best for solo travelers unless you're very outgoing then you can meet people at the pool otherwise it's pretty much just the room for hang out space. Also the AC in the dorm was pushing around warm humid air not actually air conditioning, it was so humid!

Amazing 'hostel', such a treat to stay here for hostel prices, but hotel luxury! Essentially is a hotel with pool and bar with some rooms/dorms downstairs full of bunk beds.Really relaxed atmosphere and amazing staff - Michel was amazing!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5