Florida Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Vico Primo Rota, Sorrento, Italy

It's very beautiful here! If there are only two things we should complain, that could be the distance from the hostel to port or train station and the wifi signal.

There is no such thing as perfection but it is at this hostel! Staff were very friendly and helpful, and willing to go above and beyond to assist. It is conviniently located to pretty much anywhere. The outside patio/garden along with the pool and bar are definitely bonus! Definitely will be back again when in Sorrento and highly recommended to others. Miguel and Miguel at the desk were super fabulous! Thank you!

This place isn't too far from town, but there is a long dark road you have to walk down and I didn't really like that at night being a solo traveler. The beds were the most uncomfortable I've slept in. You could feel every spring in your back. Other then that it was great! The pool was clean and the long haired guy at the front desk gave fantastic advice on what to do!

Front desk helped and printed a weeks worth of travel Pool side a treat 4 bed dorm wit he suite and balcony so quiet and with lo able lockers Full breakfast only 5 euro Easy access to pompei amalfi etc The antithesis of Naples I real holiday spot

I was so amazed by this hostel, it was the best so far. Such a nice and clean place! The dorms were fantastic, the pool they had was wonderful, the staff went out of their way to help me with things and we super friendly, making me feel so welcome.Atmosphere was really good. Took a sickie from work just so i could stay one more night! Made friendships will people i met there that will last a lifetime. Definitely will be coming back one day in the future!

i loved staying here, i hope to return next year!! Thanks especially to Michel on the front desk for being such a legend!! if the mattress was less springy it would be perfect!

• 13th Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a great time at Florida. It's much more like a hotel so there's no place for preparing your own meals, but there's a great pool, and you can still make good friends, as people always get together for a beer in the bar by the pool or in the garden. The staff is very helpful also.

Very nice experience, did not like how pushy the guy at the reception desk is. We chose not to do any tours for Capri and you could tell his annoyance. Although the room is very clean and very nice. Would recommend.

• 10th Oct 2014

Dear friend, you were asking to a cheap solution to visit Capri and we just suggested the best way to save some euros as you told us you were travelling in a budget. And in the same time to not have a standard "mass tourism" experience. Anyway we are so glad you have enjoyed your quick stay here with us. Ciao!

Watch out for the head waiter in restaurant. He tried to get us to order "off menu" meal at twice regular price .

Ciao! Just to be clear: fresh fish of the day is always "off menu" because is not available every single day and it may change the kind of fish everyday. In every restaurant "fresh fish of the day" is more expensive. We could not sell it at 7/8 euro like other dishes. We look forward to welcoming you again here in future. Ciao!

It's a hotel with a few dorm rooms. suited me and my boyfriend perfectly! We laid by the pool for 5 days... Perfecto!

This is an amazing hostel/hotel, do not worry for being "far" from the city center... it's just a 10min walk and it's a nice walk. There is a cool pool and the guys from de Bar are great! Also the front desk staff who help me with tours, excursions, etc. Thank you Florida staff!

As two 25 yo's who have been backpacking for 6 months, this place was amazing. It's essentially a hotel with the one dorm room at a backpackers price. There was one guy on the front desk who was particularly helpful and friendly. Swimming pool and bar were awesome. 15 min walk into the main part of town. Good wifi. Would recommend :)

좋았어요 역에서 멀긴 했지만 수영장도 있고 직원들도 친절했어요. 첫날에는 멀쩡했는데 둘째날 샤워꼭지? 그거 룸메가 쓰다가 부숴졌는데 체크아웃할 때 직원이 미안하다고 사과하더라구요. 암튼 다 좋았어요!!ㅋㅋㅋ 깔끔하고!

Excellent place to stay, staff asked if I wanted to go on a boat tour around Capri my first morning there, they planned the whole thing for me and got me a taxi (a guy in a scooter--so fun!) and everything. Literally time of my life. Clean place, minus a few ants in bathroom, otherwise entirely excellent. Lockers with keys in bedrooms. Pool, bar, clean facilities, I felt this place ruined my expectations for future hostels bc it was so nice.

• 26th Sep 2014

It's actually a hotel with a few dorms. Big lockers, very clean. No lockout or curfew is nice. But there's no kitchen or common area (except outside) The pool is nice, and they have a bar and restaurant. The staff was sometimes helpful and sometimes very rude when people brought their own food/alcohol to consume. (They want you to buy it from them instead). Bit of a walk from Sorrento centre but not too bad.

Great stay! The front desk manager in the morning (Miguel) was so friendly and very helpful with anything we needed and gave fantastic advice about the area. The pool and bar is fantastic, got free towels when needed. Very clean and comfortable stay. Definately recommend to anyone.

A very pleasant place to stay with use of the hotel pool which was very nice! Bed was comfy and clean. Was great to have such a big locker to store things I never had any worries about my stuff. Would recommend.

• 18th Sep 2014

I stayed here for a week and it was the perfect start to my month travelling. It is more like a hotel with a few dorm rooms attached, which is great because it means there is a pool! The staff are amazing, they went above and beyond to resolve any issues and couldn't have been more helpful when planning day trips. The only downside is there is no fridge in the rooms..

• 16th Sep 2014

Incredibly helpful and welcoming staff that really made my stay special, highly recommended excellent facilities for a hostel. A big thank you to all the team at the Florida Hotel Charlotte, Solo Traveller, Southampton ENGLAND

• 9th Sep 2014

Really good hostel. Everyone is real friendly and had a great time. The bar man was a too bloke!

« first « Prev 1 2 3