Florida Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Vico Primo Rota, Sorrento, Italy

The pool is a great addition and worth in summer. The location is not the best as you have a 15' walk to the city center

The staff went out of their way to make me welcome and comfortable, giving me a better room (for the same price) then I had specified. They were thinking of my comfort. The situation is excellent and the rooms kept in tip-top order. I have stayed in a number of hostels over the last two months and Florida Hostel was one of the best. they go that little bit better and add touches of comfort not normally available at hostels. They made me feel a valued customer.

Basically a hotel with a few hostel rooms, the place is lovely with a nice pool, good food, and the main receptionist was really lovely and helpful. Nice area, they even arranged a boat trip for me.

We stayed in the hostel part of the Florida hotel for two nights and were amazed by the dorms (private terrace, huge lockers, and private bathroom with an amazing shower!) not to mention the private parking and the access to the pool, the bar (delicious Long Island!), the terrace and its great employees. Altogether it made our stay in Sorrento unforgettable. Special thanks to Roberto! We will definitely come back.

Pretty much a hotel with some rooms that are a hostel. I was only here for one night. A little bit of a walk from the city center but it's not bad. The pool and bar area are beautiful. Wifi is spotty.

This is a nice full service hotel with a pool, breakfast buffet and dinner service. The staff was helpful and courteous. It felt like I was staying in a hotel vs a hostel as it didn't have a kitchen or living area as most do. But I really loved staying here and would go again.

The staffs were very nice, room was clear and also have nice pool, you should stay here and relax your holiday.

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Taiwan

Actually, Florida is a hotel but provide dome for single traveller. It's really nice to have a shower room with strong cold/hot water, and also has a swimming pool in the hostel. However, the location is not good I have to walk sooooooo far to back to hostel.

We loved our stay at Florida!! Miguel at the front desk was incredibly helpful and attentive to our every need. We cannot thank him enough for all of his help! The dorm type rooms were average but you get a lot for value, including access to the lovely pool area. It is definitely more of a hotel than a hostel but we were still able to meet other young people. Really a great place overall. Only complaint is that the bathrooms in the dorms room could be cleaned more often.

Amazing staff, especially Miguel! Organised so many things for me including calling to cancel a booking for me another another hostel Best staff member you'll find anywhere. Also the hostel is great. Use of the pool and easy to meet people. I highly recommend the breakfast as well, best buffet breakfast I've had in Madrid. Hostel is walking distance to the city centre, the train station and bus stop. Cruise to Capri was also fun! Just take your motion sickness meds!

Great stay! Felt more like a hotel with the quality of rooms, restaurant, pool. Pizza night in the Olive Grove was great. Isla e of Capri day trip well worth the 75Euro. Good base for exploring Amalfi Coast. Would stay here again!

Great stay and is more of a hotel than a hostel. Centrally located but can be a bit hard to find. When walking from the train, look for the Irish pub on a corner on your lefthand side, pass it and keep walking straight until the next street (looks like an alleyway) but turn left and go straight. Had a pool, restaurant/bar, unlimited breakfast buffet for 5 euros, housekeeper who cleaned everyday, good wifi, and wonderful staff.

Really friendly staff, great location - only a few min walk into the Main Street. Not the best atmosphere for young travelers looking to meet people, however it would be great for families and couples.

Fantastic staff, they helped me when I lost some important travel documents and were very accommodating and cheerful. The group rooms were clean, you could use the pool and eat in a section outside (thought not big), a bit sad they didn't have a microwave or something for our use but alas, you can't have it all. Not too far from the main parts of town, totally safe and I had a blast and would recommend it to anyone.

The hotel/hostel itself is lovely, has a pool, and is well-located in Sorrento. However, the hostel part is quite cramped and stuffy. The staff was incredibly helpful.

Excellent hostel! The dorm rooms were spacious, staff were very friendly and helpful and the pool was LOVELY! Exactly what was needed after a long day of sightseeing. Ten minute walk from train station/downtown. Would definitely recommend and head back if I'm ever in the area!

It's a hotel that has some dorm rooms but you can use all the hotel facilities such as the pool and gardens. Felt like a little luxury after some months of average youth hostels. A little far from the town but you can still get there walking. The staff is very friendly but more like hotel concierges than hostel hosts. Overall I really enjoyed my stay there and ended up staying for almost a week, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for party.

Fabulous but no sleep for the 3 nights we stayed! noisy Americans upstairs dragging furniture around and talking,,, paper thin walls,,,, our room next to reception phone woke us up constantly during the night , glad to leave, but what a shame because it was otherwise a lovely place

• 20th May 2014

Def more a hotel than a hostel but really helpful staff, great rooms and a pool while still be good value for money. They only thing is no common room which kind off cuts some of the typical hostel atmosphere out

this is the best accommodation that i had in italy. The location is strategic, atmosphere is good and so pretty with the lemon trees, facilities is complete except maybe should have a proper room for customer to iron clothes or give a an iron if the customer request it at the reception but what i like the most is the staffs.They are so friendly and helpful. Thank you very much for my awesome stay! Thumbs up!

• 18th May 2014