Superb 609 Total Reviews
Superb 609 Total Reviews
Florida Hostel & Hotel Located at Vico Primo Rota, , Sorrento.
Italy
Sorrento Sorrento Coast 80067 Vico Primo Rota
91% 609
40.6313303 14.3893218
    Rooms available

25th Jun 2016

Staff is EXTREMELY helpful! They go above and beyond to help you orientate yourself in Sorrento. They also give you information about taxis and the anticipated costs. The location is farther from the center/train station than I anticipated (15-20 minute walk) and there must be a night club right next door because the music was QUITE loud at night. But loved the amenities (pool), staff, and overall feel of the hotel. Would love to return and spend more than one night.

• England, Female, 18-24
21st Jun 2016

I loved staying here. All the staff were super helpful and friendly. It's about a 15 minute walk to Sorrento but that walk is beautiful. Plus there's a lot in the area. I met some great girls staying in the hostel at the same time. Ask reception about the under 30s trip to Capri! Amazing.

19th Jun 2016

I really cannot fault this place. The staff are amazing, super friendly and happy to help you. Michele in particular at the reception, he gave me such a warm welcome and answered all my questions and helped me out with things to do. The rooms are well secured and thoroughly clean. This place is essentially a hotel housing a couple of 'hostel-like' rooms. It's a great stay. I really would recommend booking this place! It's reall centrally located as well, 10 mins from the train station!

• USA, Female, 18-24
14th Jun 2016

Michele at the front desk is the most wonderful, helpful and resourceful man. He alone is reason enough to stay at the Florida. The dorm rooms are a great size with a brilliant bathroom. Would absolutely recommend staying here. Also a lovely pool area with a great restaurant and bar. The only downside was that it was further from Sorrento station than we had thought and was quite tricky to find as the street sign reads 'Vico I' rather than 'Vico Primo' but once we got this we were fine.

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2016
5.1

I was disappointed with my stay. I was in a four person dormitory and found it to be okay. The room is small and I didn't think the bathroom was all that clean. They didn't even clean it once during my two night stay. Also, the AC shuts off after two hours. We turned it on at night but since it is timed to turn itself off, you wake up being quite warm in the morning. Also, I wasn't a big fan of having the front desk push trip packages onto you right as you check in. It's too much.

13th Jun 2016

Florida is much more of a hotel than a hostel. We loved staying there, but since we are backpacking the fact that there was no kitchen (not even a kettle or hot water) was very inconvenient. The pool and grounds are lovely, staff very helpful and friendly, rooms comfortable, spacious and clean. However there was no hand soap in the bathrooms even though they were cleaned daily. Great location, very close to everything in Sorrento!

10th Jun 2016

Great hostel! No complaints with the room or cleanliness. We all enjoyed having the pool and bar area nearby for times we weren't out exploring in Sorrento. The hostel staff was very helpful, accommodating, and informative on travel deals, transportation, and the area's sights, restaurants, and bars. I would highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Sorrento or the surrounding Amalfi Coast!

10th Jun 2016

Pretty good hostel. It's actually a hotel with a few hostel rooms. They do have a cheap bar and that's where you can usually find other travelers. They also tell you about a few day trips you can take to Capri that are run by another company. Do the under 30 tour! You won't regret it! There is, only one bathroom per room which is not much for 8 people and it got dirty very quickly. About a 20-25 minute walk to Sorrento but it's definitely the best hostel to stay for the price and everything!

• Hong Kong, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2016

It's great to stay in Hotel Florida in Sorrento! Staff are helpful and friendly. The room is big enough for 5 girls, just remember to bring your own lock for the locker!

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

Great hostel! We got hotel service while staying in a hostel with a pool outside our room, an outdoor bar and an inexpensive breakfast in the morning. The walk from the train station is a little far, but not too bad. Great staff that were very helpful when we almost missed our ferry. Definitely recommend staying here! Best hostel we stayed at.