Florida Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Vico Primo Rota, Sorrento, Italy

Hotel with hostel section. It had a pool and bar with amazing helpful staff! Good wifi and air conditioning. Would definitely recommend it.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Florida, the day receptionist went above and beyond to help us out and gave us great advice on getting around Sorrento as well as the rest of the coast! The location was also great.

• 29th Jun 2015

Imagine a good hotel, except there are a few bunk-beds in the room instead of single beds. This was a nice break after having stayed in a series of cheap hostels in the days before. It certainly doesn't create the same laid-back camaraderie amongst travellers that you can expect at other hostels but the relatively luxurious stay can be a nice break and it's certainly value for money.

Really nice accommodating staff who were always around to answer questions and guide you around. The location was a bit out of town but didn't really hamper our ability to see all of the sights we wanted to see. Our one negative was that the value for the boat tour of Capri was not worth the 75 euros. The tour was pushed at the front desk and was advertised as good value for your money. I would recommend looking into other options if that's something you really want to do. Othereiss great hostel

• 23rd Jun 2015

This is a Gorgeous place, the surroundings are lovely, from the pool, the area with lounges and the resturant. This is a hotel that also has dorm rooms, I stayed in the 5 Female bed dorm room and it was great, the biggest dorm room I have seen with our own little mini patio/courtyard. plenty of power points, great bathroom. The Breakfast for people in the dorms cost 5 Euro and was well worth it. Lovely food. I ate at the resturant for lunch and dinner both times were great. I didnt get the name

You compromise no kitchen for a pool and a bar. No fridge in room. Cheap drinks at the bar though. Beds are ok, place is clean, staff are great.

Lovely helpful staff. Very relaxing atmosphere. Bruschetta was the nicest we have ever eaten.

We had a great time at the Florida. The staff were fantastic, giving us excellent tips on what to do in the area that were well suited to our budget. Our room (5 bed female dorm) was very clean and spacious enough for all of us to fit, and even had a small terrace which was a bonus. The pool is fantastic and the atmosphere at the bar/restaurant is great. It's a 15 minute picturesque walk into town. I would 100% stay here again, and can't wait to come back to Sorrento.

Very nice Stay, i really enjoy the place a lot. Miguel at front Desk helped me A lot with all my doubts and questions. Definetely i would come back and recommed to anyone

It was such a nice place to stay. The staff were really nice and so helpful. I had lost my dress coming off the boat from Capri and they tracked it down for me. I would definitely recommend staying here.

This hostel is a bit of a walk from the train station, and the bathroom in the 8 bed dorm was sometimes dirty, but besides that this hostel is a great choice. The terrace and pool make for a great common area. The staff was very helpful with planning and booking day trips. The ocean is nearby.

If you are looking for the normal backpackers vibe and want to meet other travelers this isn't the place to stay. It's a hotel with a few dorm rooms which means that the setting is beautiful, the pool is amazing but it's very quiet and the bar prices are high. The room was spacious, the staff very helpful and it was a great place to relax for a few days but it isn't your normal backpackers

Really nice hostel with the facilities of a hotel. The reception is helpful and can book you excursions to Capri. A bit of a walk from the main town of sorrento. Not a social hostel at all since it's essentially a hotel. Would not recommend for solo travelers.

loved everything about this place. it reminded me of growing up in NY. They have this nice little restaurant connected to the lobby and the staff is great. Alfonso is super cool. rooms are clean with plenty of fresh air , big windows, bathrooms kept well. I'd spend all my future trips to Sorrento here.

Beautiful hostel, I loved how the restaurant and pool were accessible to hostel guests! The staff members were so helpful and friendly, and even helped organize and plan our days.

Hard to find, three streets with similar names all in a row. More of a hotel with just a couple dorm rooms. Clean, but no real atmosphere to get together as a solo traveler. A little far from Sorrento center, but still good for the price. Was bummed that breakfast wasn't included. Pool was a plus, but closed at 630 because of dinner so I never had a chance to use it. No kitchen.

Beautiful courtyard surrounded with lemon trees were you can enjoy the quiet. Located 15 mins. walk from train station, 25 mins. from port or catch the local bus from the port to the train station for a shorter walk. Located in a quiet area of Sorrento. Restaurant is good and breakfast service is great. Good place, with easy access to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Capri. Use local train for Pompeii, local bus SITA for Amalfi. Staff very helpful with organizing tours or suggesting places to go.

• 31st May 2015

Nice hostel!

Florida Hostel was beyond beautiful! The pool is clear and cool, the eating areas and restaurant are charming. The location is very convenient. We were surprised and delighted by this hostel!

Amazing spot to unwind in between your travels. Felt like a hotel as opposed to a hostel. The 20min walk into town can often be tiring but it was nice being able to come back and jump in the pool. The restaurant also had delicious food at reasonable prices. Staff were very helpful suggesting things to do ect. If the hostel was a little closer to town would be a 10/10.