Florida Hostel & Hotel Reviews

Vico Primo Rota, Sorrento, Italy

We loved our stay at Florida!! Miguel at the front desk was incredibly helpful and attentive to our every need. We cannot thank him enough for all of his help! The dorm type rooms were average but you get a lot for value, including access to the lovely pool area. It is definitely more of a hotel than a hostel but we were still able to meet other young people. Really a great place overall. Only complaint is that the bathrooms in the dorms room could be cleaned more often.

Amazing staff, especially Miguel! Organised so many things for me including calling to cancel a booking for me another another hostel Best staff member you'll find anywhere. Also the hostel is great. Use of the pool and easy to meet people. I highly recommend the breakfast as well, best buffet breakfast I've had in Madrid. Hostel is walking distance to the city centre, the train station and bus stop. Cruise to Capri was also fun! Just take your motion sickness meds!

Great stay! Felt more like a hotel with the quality of rooms, restaurant, pool. Pizza night in the Olive Grove was great. Isla e of Capri day trip well worth the 75Euro. Good base for exploring Amalfi Coast. Would stay here again!

Great stay and is more of a hotel than a hostel. Centrally located but can be a bit hard to find. When walking from the train, look for the Irish pub on a corner on your lefthand side, pass it and keep walking straight until the next street (looks like an alleyway) but turn left and go straight. Had a pool, restaurant/bar, unlimited breakfast buffet for 5 euros, housekeeper who cleaned everyday, good wifi, and wonderful staff.

Really friendly staff, great location - only a few min walk into the Main Street. Not the best atmosphere for young travelers looking to meet people, however it would be great for families and couples.

Fantastic staff, they helped me when I lost some important travel documents and were very accommodating and cheerful. The group rooms were clean, you could use the pool and eat in a section outside (thought not big), a bit sad they didn't have a microwave or something for our use but alas, you can't have it all. Not too far from the main parts of town, totally safe and I had a blast and would recommend it to anyone.

The hotel/hostel itself is lovely, has a pool, and is well-located in Sorrento. However, the hostel part is quite cramped and stuffy. The staff was incredibly helpful.

Excellent hostel! The dorm rooms were spacious, staff were very friendly and helpful and the pool was LOVELY! Exactly what was needed after a long day of sightseeing. Ten minute walk from train station/downtown. Would definitely recommend and head back if I'm ever in the area!

It's a hotel that has some dorm rooms but you can use all the hotel facilities such as the pool and gardens. Felt like a little luxury after some months of average youth hostels. A little far from the town but you can still get there walking. The staff is very friendly but more like hotel concierges than hostel hosts. Overall I really enjoyed my stay there and ended up staying for almost a week, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for party.

Fabulous but no sleep for the 3 nights we stayed! noisy Americans upstairs dragging furniture around and talking,,, paper thin walls,,,, our room next to reception phone woke us up constantly during the night , glad to leave, but what a shame because it was otherwise a lovely place

• 20th May 2014

Def more a hotel than a hostel but really helpful staff, great rooms and a pool while still be good value for money. They only thing is no common room which kind off cuts some of the typical hostel atmosphere out

this is the best accommodation that i had in italy. The location is strategic, atmosphere is good and so pretty with the lemon trees, facilities is complete except maybe should have a proper room for customer to iron clothes or give a an iron if the customer request it at the reception but what i like the most is the staffs.They are so friendly and helpful. Thank you very much for my awesome stay! Thumbs up!

• 18th May 2014
  • Malaysia

Friendly staff, very confortable and clean, exceeding all my expectations.

Is pretty fancy for a hostel! Really nice facilities and fairly central. Staff are helpful but definitely feel more like hotel staff than hostel staff. Atmosphere was good while I was here as there were a few groups of good sorts but I could imagine coming here at the wrong time and just being surrounded by families and old people. Great as a base if you want to make day trips out to Capri etc. Overall I really enjoyed my time here. Cheers

The best hostel in Sorrento. You just have to walk about 10 minutes to go to the center. But its worth!! They have pool, bar, restaurant. The rooms and the bathroom are great, hot shower, wifi.

Pretty nice hostel overall. Has everything you need, in-room storage to lock up stuff. It has a pool and restaurant on site which is convenient and good!

We would stay there again. The staff in the morning was superb. We didn't get the young man's name but he was very helpful regarding information about transportation, bus routes, and directions to the train station and more. You were provided sheets for the hostel bunk beds but you had to make the bed yourself. Bring your own towels. Breakfast was extra but good. The pool was clean but it was too early in the season for swimming. Ages 57 - 71

Hostels rooms inside a hotel with swimming pool. It was an easy walk or bus ride from the railway station. Staff were great. Breakfast is good value for the price. I stayed the weekend and loved it here. Would stay again. Rooms have their own ensuites.

This was an amazing place to stay! All the staff, including the bar and restaurant staff were really friendly, helpful and all spoke good English. It is the best value for money you could possibly find for how nice it is. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and ended up staying for 5 nights instead of the original 2 and did all the tourist activities from Sorrento rather than staying in Naples, which is not a nice city. It is hotel quality for a hostel price. Stay here!

I would recommend this hostel/hotel to anyone! We were tempted to stay another night in the hotel, it was a great atmosphere, lovely people, beautiful property. I will definitely be back