Frogshollow Lodge & Backpackers Reviews

27 Lindsay St, GPO Box 410 - Berrimah 0828, Darwin, Australia

Filthy! Nothing is ever cleaned, the fridges always stink, bugs all over the bathrooms, rooms never cleaned properly-a quick run of a brush over the visible parts of the floor doesn't count! Friend was attacked on her way home one night as it's so isolated and dark down there- totally unsafe. Rude staff. Zero security. Do not stay here! They also feel they can kick you out at any time for no reason!!

• 3rd Jul 2014

most of the showers are broken and reception was not open when we wanted to check out at 8 in the morning and get the deposit back. as we had to go to the airport we could not wait any longer.

• 29th Jun 2014
  • Switzerland

Could have cleaner bathrooms. Would have liked to turn off air conditioner but couldn't. Didn't like the fact that you had to deposit $10 for knife, fork, spoon and plate. Not practical when only staying one night. Didn't actually see any staff because of our odd hours,

Gave away my bed after a week

• 26th Jun 2014

great pool, big enough kitchen, nice staff, weekly rate very good, more than enough showers anyone could walk in the hostel, room doors often left unlocked, rooms too small, extremely noisy, rooms very messy.

the hostel wasn't clean at all, it smelled really badly everywhere we went, the facilities are so disgusting that we felt seriously uncomfortable using them at all and for 26$ per night we just expected it to be at least clean and tidy.

The Hostel was noch really clean, Eg the kitchen. I did't like it there, its also not close to the main Streets with all the bars. A big plus of the hostel is the public park next to it

I just stayed there for three days, but it was totally fine. It was the cheapest Hostel in Darwin, not on the main street, but just 5 min away from it. The room was never looked (but I think it was because of my dorm mates) and it was kinda dirty and really hot. But all in all it was really alright,the atmosphere is nice and its not too big! It also has a laundry inside. Its just strange that u have to rent every single item for the kitchen and they dont tell you when u check in.I recommend it!

Avoid that hostel!!! I have been in many hostels in Australia and this one is the worst. Staff is unfriendly, the rooms are disgusting, food everywhere! It is not worth 1 $.

Although this hostel is grubby and fairly dirty. The kitchen and bathroom is given a good clean every night. It's just the communal areas and bedrooms which are filth. Staff are lovely and friendly and helpful especially Keri. I stayed here the end of April 2014 and would recommend a a/c room as it was far too hot in a fan room. It's about a 10 min walk from the main streets, so depends on what you are after. The atmosphere in this hostel is great, feels like a family.

Smelly, messy rooms. Staff friendly. Ants on the bedsheets, luckily No bedbugs!

• 24th Apr 2014

I think the sheets had not been changed in my single room and I heard rats or mice at night.

• 19th Apr 2014

Management is woeful. Lack of intention or understanding probably both. Benchmarks for all normal protocols need urgent attention.

• 10th Apr 2014

though an older hostel...it more than made up for it with its hidden extras and atmosphere

• 28th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

I had a pleasurable three-day stay and found the Froggy culture on the side of fascinating, friendly and (if you wanted) private. Peter worked hard to make an arrangement (due to a physical limitation) that warmed my emotions. While the property is well worn, that makes it comfortable. The 'regulations' are at once strict (like no glass) and reasonable (sounds down after 9) for both the youthful and more permanent (working men, mostly) residents. A well-used a free internet connected computer!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! I have let Peter know about this feedback. It is always nice to see our names in here. Thanks for taking the time to mention him. He does work really hard and I love when I can show him that people care! We hope you come back to Darwin and we would love to share the dry season festivals and markets. Giant Froggy Love from Chelsea

when we arrived at 10pm the rooms were ,ready, no sheets, very dirty matelassé, the fridge was full of damage food and smell terribly bad, j had to put it out of the room we sleep all dressed because the dirty the showers were so dirty , we could not use them j took photos of all that it is incredible that you are recommended by lonely planet but we are going to send them the photos y can t imagine that you really know your hostel

• 5th Oct 2013

We are so sory for your room mix up, as discussed. The incorrect room was assigned to you. One where it was recently vacated. I completely agree that it would have been unacceptable and we wish we were aware of the issue at the time rather then you trying to be nice and having to sleep in your clothes in a messy room. We try to remedy any errors quickly. I hope on your next visit to darwin we can make it up to you.

VERY dirty everywhere. Staff not available for checkin - even though they were on the premises!! Ensuite bathroom has no door to the rest of the room!

Hi there, On your second visit the room you booked is wheelchair friendly. It was built a while ago and designed to be completely roll in shower and open plan. It has a roll up sink and support bars in shower and near toilet. To assist in accessibility. The door is not missing it was designed that way to make it easier for people with mobility issues. We like the room and have always considered it very comfortable and is nice and cheap. We hope to improve our sevices to you on your next visit.

We are a family of five from Europe. We have been sleeping in hostels in many countries in the Northern part of Europe.. We are used to clean hostels with friendly staff. Frogshollow is definitely not intended for our target group: It is meant for backpackers who are on a very low budget and therefore may have to accept dirty kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms. That said, we found the price very high considering the standard of cleanliness. We had to wait 2 hours to be checked in - from 3pm to 5!

Hi there, you visited us in the low season when our office hours are reduced to lower costs and pass them on to the guests. We are the cheapest in town and have some great staff. Family's are always welcome but we are not designed for it so I agree not the perfect place for kids but with a beautiful lush park directly opposite (as apposed to the city main street where other backpackers in Darwin are) I find we are actually quiet doable. We also offer free breakfast which is easy for families

Very dirty. No AC. Drunk people all the time.

• 8th Sep 2013

I enjoyed my stop at frogs hollow back packers, great value for money,i was treated good,, staff helpful, good atmosphere,close to al local ameneties da mall ect,, me I can only say good about frogs hollow, great place to stay,kevin.qld, australia

• 3rd Sep 2013

Thanks for your comment Im glad you enjoyed Frogs and Darwin and hope to see you again in the dry season for some market fun! Chelsea

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7