Galapagos Best Home Stay Reviews

Piqueros Ave Escalesia, Puerto Ayora Santa Cruz Isla, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

Staff never at reception. There is wifi, but it doesn't work, and you can't get 3G anywhere on the islands.

The place is great, the only problem is the location, around 15 minutes walking from the center of Puerto Ayora. Maybe 15 minutes don't look a lot, but if you have to go to the hostel 2 times in a day, you already wasted 1 hour walking... It makes a lot of difference in a small place like Puerto Ayora. But still, I reccomend the place, the installations are great, is clean, and confortable. The small kitchen in my apartment was really usefull.

Even though it's only a $1 cab ride, this hostel is way too far away. There is no common area. Without breakfast there isn't much value to this hostel. I was lucky that no one was in my room - with 4 people it would be too cramped. Apparently there are private rooms available for the same price on the main street. I would not come back. I would just get to the island and look for a place then if I were to come back.

This place was a great value for the money. For $25 a night I had a hot shower, AC, and a balcony. It was about a fifteen minute walk to town, or you could take a cab for $1. The staff was very friendly, and the room was very clean.

The room was nice, however the wifi is terribly slow.

• 9th Jul 2015

Really nice place but located too far away from the city! Clean rooms excellent beds and well functioning AC. The staff only speak Spanish!

U get so much Frig. Stove kitchen Free drinking water coffees Teas

Really nice atmosphere the staff organised transport to the airport during the protests and sent the clothes I left behind to quito. Highly recommended hostel ,

• 10th Jun 2015

It was a great place just a bit far away from the center. Also we did not like that there was never someone at the reception. But the hostel is very nice and clean which I am greatful for!

Nice hostel. You got ur own kitchen and bathroom in every room :), its clean, the owner and the staff were friendly. The location is not in the center, wo you have to walk 10 to 15 minutes to go to the center or take taxi for 1 usd.

Very nice place and facilities. A bit further from town so it's a bit of a longer walk but you get great value for money, the rooms all have ac, drinking water and kitchen access. Sometimes it might be hard to find someone at reception unfortunately. Maybe it'll be better during the high season?

It is an OK hostel.the only thing is that they had forgotten about my and another guy's booking and the dorms were full. They upgraded us to another room for the same price. It is difficult to find a person at the front desk.

I arrived at 10 am: it was no problem to get in to the room and take a shower. The staff was helpfull. There are lockers in the room (bring your own lock). The 4-bed dorm with airco was clean, has it's own kitchen with utensils, bathroom, free drinking water, free towel use. I found the hostal easily after taking a taxi ($1). It's a bit out of town (10 min walk) but it's quiet. It has a smal patio, a PC and couch in the reception. It has wifi but I just doesn't work! I changed hostal for that.

Although they'd misplaced my reservation, it wasn't an issue getting my room. Nice rooms with air con and own cooking facility with fridge. Couple of shops are nearby, but it's a bit of a walk into town, which I didn't mind. Good place to stay.

The hostel owners were very helpful and welcoming, the hostel itself was excellent with great rooms and facilities.

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!! Air-Con works great!! Very nice kitchen!!

Everything about this hostel was excellent. It is a little ways from the town but taxis are only a dollar. Anna was lovely as were the facilities.

Amazing hostel in the Galapagos! The lady who owns it is really nice and helpful and made us feel at home. Air conditioning is fantastic, and so are the cooking facilities. Incredibly clean. Gracias!

T.V. !!!!!! After a long day cruise , just wanted to lay on bed and watch some TV ... but the room did not have one ... smh... wish there were set hours for reception desk wanted ro set some tours up and ask advice. ..

• 21st Mar 2015

I never met Kevin, He was out of town however his email helped me a lot as how to get to hostel from airport, when I got there Anna was very helpful explaining everything I asked, rooms were nice and clean, I strongly recommend this place

• 6th Mar 2015