Galapagos Best Home Stay Reviews

Piqueros Ave Escalesia, Puerto Ayora Santa Cruz Isla, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

It is an OK hostel.the only thing is that they had forgotten about my and another guy's booking and the dorms were full. They upgraded us to another room for the same price. It is difficult to find a person at the front desk.

I arrived at 10 am: it was no problem to get in to the room and take a shower. The staff was helpfull. There are lockers in the room (bring your own lock). The 4-bed dorm with airco was clean, has it's own kitchen with utensils, bathroom, free drinking water, free towel use. I found the hostal easily after taking a taxi ($1). It's a bit out of town (10 min walk) but it's quiet. It has a smal patio, a PC and couch in the reception. It has wifi but I just doesn't work! I changed hostal for that.

Although they'd misplaced my reservation, it wasn't an issue getting my room. Nice rooms with air con and own cooking facility with fridge. Couple of shops are nearby, but it's a bit of a walk into town, which I didn't mind. Good place to stay.

The hostel owners were very helpful and welcoming, the hostel itself was excellent with great rooms and facilities.

• 13th Apr 2015

Quiet. Clean. Helpful staff!! Air-Con works great!! Very nice kitchen!!

Everything about this hostel was excellent. It is a little ways from the town but taxis are only a dollar. Anna was lovely as were the facilities.

Amazing hostel in the Galapagos! The lady who owns it is really nice and helpful and made us feel at home. Air conditioning is fantastic, and so are the cooking facilities. Incredibly clean. Gracias!

T.V. !!!!!! After a long day cruise , just wanted to lay on bed and watch some TV ... but the room did not have one ... smh... wish there were set hours for reception desk wanted ro set some tours up and ask advice. ..

• 21st Mar 2015

I never met Kevin, He was out of town however his email helped me a lot as how to get to hostel from airport, when I got there Anna was very helpful explaining everything I asked, rooms were nice and clean, I strongly recommend this place

• 6th Mar 2015

it is not close to downtown, but a taxi cost 1 usd, the first did not have anyone to do check in i could leave with out paying but i stayed . galapagos its not expensive as people say. pilsener beer 4 usd, sandwich 2,50 usd, lunch 5 usd in the KIOSKOS.

We loved this friendly hostel! Ana was wonderful. She helped us navigate our way around this interesting island. The sunsets from the balcony were spectacular. We highly recommend it! Ana speaks English very well, which is very helpful if you do not speak Spanish.

Except the distance from centro, I quite satified with this place.

Didnt stay there. Found another hostel. But dtill have to fill this form in. There is no option that says didnt stay

• 22nd Jan 2015

Staff were very helpful and friendly providing a map of Puerto Ayora upon arrival and ensuring I understood where all the attractions were. I arrived with a sunburn on my nose the they took me out front cut some aloe from one of the aloe plants growing in the garden, peeled it and provided guidance for use. The hostel was very clean and had lots of area outside to lounge and have a drink with some beautiful views from the upper elevations.

Anna the owner is amazing and tips incredibly helpful! They give you the remote for air con so you can turn it on and off as you please. It's a $1 cab ride from town and they clean your room and make your bed on a daily basis! Would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice well run hostel

This was an amazing hostel considering the price. The Galapagos is very expensive and this hostel´s staff, facility, and amenities were very nice considering it was 20$ a night in Galapagos. The only issue was that it was rather far from teh center of Santa Cruz, but taxis are only 1$. Considering how much you saved it is well worth it. I was recommended this hostel from another friend and I would do the same for anyone staying at Santa Cruz.

Nice clean hostel and reasonably priced for the Galapagos. Drinking water, AC, towels and good wifi included. Maybe a little bit further from centre of Puerto Ayora(15-20 min walk) than some people would like but it is very safe. All in all very good hostel.

Excellent place to stay!!

• 22nd Dec 2014
  • Argentina

Two complaints - 1. No one is ever at reception, which makes it a pain to check in/out, get the wifi password, ask for recommendations, etc. You can call Anna's cell (her number is left at the front desk), but only of you have a cell that works in Ecuador. 2. The hostel is about 20 minute walk to town (the port or Charles Binford street). It's a bit far and cabs are sometimes hard to catch.

Great place.ana is a star.

View all Galapagos Islands Bed and Breakfasts