Galapagos Best Home Stay Reviews

Piqueros Ave Escalesia, Puerto Ayora Santa Cruz Isla, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

Its clean and well equipped but it is a bit away from centrum. However its fairly simpel to move around with The local, low cost, taxies.. It is located amongst the kindly locals :)

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Norway

Good facilities. Clean. 20 minute walk from the town centre. Felt it was overpriced. Cheaper options closer to the town.

Dorm has kitchenette and en suite. No breakfast. It's not a home stay it's a guesthouse. Bit out of town.

It was the perfect place for us...out of the center of ton but a 15 minute walk away

• 14th Oct 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel is quite a walk away from the centre and with 20 dollar for a 4 dorm also quite expensive. Rooms are clean though, and they have lockers. Internet is very slow.

• 10th Oct 2014

Nice hotel, clean, comfortable, comes with personal kitchen and hot water but far away from center of town and there are a ton to choose from that are closer and cheaper

We stayed in room 2- private with own restroom. Showers were hot, free water, and housekeeping daily to tidy up. Couldn't ask for anything more for the price! Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of recommendations and a map of the city. The location of hostel is about a 15 min walk from the city center. We always walked there and back but we read in other reviews taxis are about $1. We never felt unsafe in the area, day or night. We definitely recommend!!!

Nice hostel about 10 min walk from town. Expensive for what it is and the location... Has all the standard things you want: big lockers, AC, clean toilets, hot water, etc.. One weird thing is that there is a kitchen inside each dorm room! Could be a problem with inconsiderate roommates or you sleep early.

Great stay! The owner was really helpful! I paid in advance and I couldn´t be one night of the four I payed and she gave me back the money. The hostel is very clean and relax.

Very good hotel, with everything you need. And the owner - Kevin - can help you all the time. I'd definitely recommend it !! Ótimo Hotel, com tudo que precisa. E o dono - Kevin - pode te ajudar a qualquer hora. Definitivamente recomento!

Kevin is a native English speaker with a lot of knowledge of the Galapagos from taking ferries to finding hotels / tours. He offers a very helpful walking tour of Puerto Ayora upon arrival, which was very helpful to get a lay of the land after arriving. The hostel has ample drinking water and good facilities!

This is perfect for anyone staying on a budget in the Galapagos, Kevin the owner does a great free walking tour of Puerto Ayora pointing out good cheap places to eat and giving good advice for free/cheap activities on the island. Rooms are spotless, air con works perfectly, water is lovely and hot. It is a bit out of town but taxis cost a dollar. Highly recommended

The place was very nice, and Kevin the owner is a very charming, accommodating and interesting person. The only minor comment I would make is that, in the room I was staying in,plumbing was noisy, but overall my stay was great!

• 22nd Aug 2014

Kevin runs a wonderful hostel. It is a 20 min walk from waterfront, but it is a safe island and a easy enough walk. For what is provided you can't beat it. I know, I checked out other hotels/hostels while I was there out of curiosity. A kitchenette is provided, great benefit. Unlimited drinking water in room is much appreciated. Bring earplugs, while it is a quiet location there is a rooster across the street who starts up at 3:30am.

a bit far from "the city center", but the town is small enough, you can walk for 20 min or take a taxi for 1 dollar. Kevin is very nice to everyone, he gave many useful suggestions.

The hostel is very clean and well-equipped. The room was large, had a small fridge, a microwave oven. The hostel is about 10 minutes from the centre. Not a problem in itself unless you want to have a bit of the local nightlife. Then you can also take a taxi, anyway, and they are pretty cheap.

This has been by far one of the best hostels I have stayed at. Kevin is very knowledgeable and helpful. I recommend everyone take advantage of his free tour since it is very useful. I will absolutely stay here again!

• 25th Jul 2014

An excellent low cost place to stay in Puerto Ayora. The place is clean, safe, and Kevin is very friendly and helpful. You get everything you need and more. The only potential issue is the location (the hotel is about 15 minutes walk or 3 minutes drive from the city center) but even that is not a real problem as a taxi ride to the center is only 1$. Warmly recommended.

We loved Kevin! it was so lovely that he took the time to show us around and was very helpful whenever we asked! the galapagos islands were amazing and this hostel is in prime location for anything you want to do. would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a great location. The owner Kevin is so lovely, he warmly welcomed us and took the time to show us around town. I would definitely stay here again

View all Galapagos Islands Bed and Breakfasts