Galapagos Best Home Stay Reviews

Piqueros Ave Escalesia, Puerto Ayora Santa Cruz Isla, Galapagos Islands, Ecuador

We loved Kevin! it was so lovely that he took the time to show us around and was very helpful whenever we asked! the galapagos islands were amazing and this hostel is in prime location for anything you want to do. would definitely stay here again!

• 18th Jul 2014

Great hostel in a great location. The owner Kevin is so lovely, he warmly welcomed us and took the time to show us around town. I would definitely stay here again

It was a very nice place to stay. The taxi ride was not too big of a deal, especially since it was only one dollar each way. However, the wifi was extremely slow and inconsistent, which put a dent in planning for future activities.

actually I am more offended by hostel world by charging my credit card to stay here and we decided not to stay the whole time. I guess when I was reserving I didn't realize that hostel world charged 50 dollars for me to book my reservation.

• 29th Jun 2014

The owner,Kevin, is very helpful and generous with sharing information. Great having purified water in each room, hot strong showers too!

• 23rd Jun 2014
  • American Samoa

Kevin is the best! Free guided tour, map on arrival, beer the same price as the supermarket. Kitchenettes in bedrooms bad; especially when guests cook fish. Bit too far to walk in to town ($1 taxi) but would highly recommend.

I didn't like the room we got so much and I did not really feel like home. However, it is spacious and clean. The hostel was too far away from the centre so we moved after two nights. The introduction of the town centre of st. cruz by the owner was really nice and appreciated.

Nice and well organised. Kevin is being really helpful, his city tour is the best start, especially when you are going to organise for yourself. Bit away from centre, about 20 mins walk, but because of that tranquil. Also $1 taxi is always possible. Overall very good option on santa cruz. Would like to stay again.

Came here on the recommendation of other travellers

Galapagos Best Home Stay hostel is ok. Because it has a good rating it's occupied well and that makes it a fun place to stay. I was not so impressed by the walk of Kevin, it was not bad, but all the restaurants are recommended and a lot of thinks are amazing. Maybe it's my down to earth look on things :) If you are alone and want to meet up GBHS is great, but prepare yourself for a little walk from the city.

Very clean and nice place. Lots of information from the owner. I'll come back

• 8th Jun 2014

Galapagos Best is a short, safe walk from downtown. Quiet at night, and limitless clean drinking water was provided. Great value!

• 4th Jun 2014

The facilities were excellent, but it was the additional information,care and attention to details given by Kevin that went above and beyond what could be expected from an hotelier. Kevin has really thought through what is the most helpful additional information that saves time and money for the traveller who is probably short on both!! I will definitely be coming back.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Kevin is such a nice guy. Really clean and new....! I would stay there again. The walk to town is not long at all....!

Kevin, the host, is English speaking and was a lifesaver when we arrived in the Galapagos. He is so friendly and helpful and is always around. His free tour of town was excellent. The hostel is clean and has everything you need. It is a 15 minute walk out of town, but taxi's are only a dollar and are everywhere. I would highly recommend staying here!!

I stayed one night with my girlfriend prior to going on a tour. Kevin was really helpful and knowledgeable way beyond what I expect of a manager. He knew about everything and had great advice regarding every feature of my stay on the islands. I cannot fault Kevin for anything and was hands down the most personable and helpful hostel operator I have ever met, I would say the tripadvisor certificate is well deserved. David

• 2nd Jun 2014

This is a great place to stay. It is clean, full kitchen and bathroom,lockers(bring a lock) air conditioning in every room. Kevin the hostel manager has plenty of good tips on what to do in the Galapagos and also a good city tour. It is a very well run hostel and I would highly recommend staying there.

There only seems to be someone at the reception when you need to pay and I'm still waiting for my change.

We had a nice big room with private bath. It included a kitchenette w/Nescafé- great for travelers who like to cook (restaurants are pricey, like most things on the island). There is no breakfast at the hostel, however, so you either have to walk into town (20 minutes) or take a taxi for $1. Kevin, the owner, was friendly and most helpful. The only complaint is about noise. Quiet hours start at 9:00 pm, but Kevin has left by then and we had a noisy bunch outside till 11:00 on 2 nights running.

• 31st May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Spotlessly clean,kitchen with all utensils in each room, 24 hour a day hot showers. Easily the best hostel I've seen in S. America

« first « Prev 1 2 3