Garden Stone Reviews

Av. Cordoba 441, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The staff here are fantastic. One of the reception guys helped me phone up a argentian travel agent to sort out flights when my broken spanish failed me. Great location and really nice setting with a lovely tropical garden out the back giving it a bit of a thailand feel. Breakfast is served in a communal space making it easy to meet people and you can bring in your own wine. It is also great value for money - private twin rooms are cheaper than the dorms at other hostels.

• 17th Sep 2014

The staff were all nice and really helpful. They know all you need to know about the falls. Breakfast was good and the kitchen / living room area big and comfy enough. The location is also good - in between the town center and the bus station. The dorms are spacious but our double was tiny; hardly any space for us and the bags. But we had a great stay and would recommend the place to anyone.

The hostel is a very relaxing no fuss experience. I intended to stay for 2 days but ended up staying for 8 days. BBQs by the pool, hammocks, tropical sunshine and a friendly town makes the stay feel like you are in a piece of paradise. I would not hesitate recomending garden stone.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

A nice quite and very clean hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpfull.. Would def stay here again👍

I would recommend Garden Stone for anyone who wanted value for their money - I can only speak to the Men's Dorm, but it the beds and lockers were more than adequate. The communal kitchen was good enough - although we needed a lighter to start up 3 of the 4 burners. The breakfast was superb - scrambled eggs, 3 kinds of bread, fruit, cereal, coffee/tea, hot/cold milk. It was maybe a little further from the bus terminal than I would have preferred, but then again it was quiet, pleasant, and clean

• 16th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel! Amazing free breakfast with good coffee and even scrambled eggs! The bathrooms and rooms seem a bit old but everything is kept really clean and the staff are lovely, also there's good wifi and a free computer to use. Great value for money!

The facilities would have been great, but my roof and walls leaked all night. Also, the toilet flooded from the bottom pretty continuously which added even more water to the room! Overall, a night place with a nice breakfast, but I was pretty disappointed about that

Great location and one of the cleanest hostels we have been in. Very quiet and peaceful too..

• 16th Jul 2014

Had a great stay here for a few nights. We had a double room which was spacious and nice. Shared bathrooms were good and clean. Would recommend it to anyone staying here. Good value for money and friendly staff.

Very nice staff, and very beatiful garden with swimming pool. Excellent location. Wifi worked ok. Drawbacks: the bedroom had no TV, and the bathroom was not always clean.

Nice and quiet nice breakfast helpful staff comfortable

A great place to stay. Location is perfect in regards to bus stop to visit the Iguazu Falls. Friendly staff and lovely cat pets. If you are not an animal lover or you are allergic to cats this place is not for you.

close to centrum and very relaxed atmosphere.

Understand that it's winter in South America, but still cold af. no hot water, very very very cold

A little paradise within the paradise of Puerto Iguazu. The staff were friendly, and the lack of English was a great opportunity to work on our Spanish. The hostel is more like a compound, and the gardens and paths in between the dorms and open air common facilities are beautiful. Only complaint is that our dorm's water heater tripped the electric fuse if we had it turned up to high, so we just had to be careful.

Nice stay

Very knowledgeable staff and friendly owner

The hostel was fine. I wouldn't NOT stay there again but if I had the choice I would try somewhere else. The outdoor "social area" had a lot of mosquitos which makes it undesirable to be out and be social, the best part of hostels. The lockers in the dorms did not close, making it impossible to lock up and the bathroom was broken.

I travelled to Iguazu by my self and my stay in Garden Stone was excellent. The dorms were comfortable and clean. The location is great and the garden makes you feel like you are in the middle of the jungle, beautiful plants and flowers! Most specially, my stay was great because of all the staff ready to give advice and help when organizing different trips. I had a problem with my air ticket and they were super helpful!

Value for money, staff were friendly and helpful, good location but room was very damp.

• 3rd Jun 2014