Garden Stone Reviews

Av. Cordoba 441, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Good hostel, not too far from the bus station or town. Really helpful staff. Lovely garden setting. Only downside for us was the room was a bit small, we could barely get all our bags in and close the door. It was really hot in there without the air con on which you can only use from 10pm -10am. Overall though, we thought it was good value and a nice place to stay. Would recommend.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel! Nice swimming pool and a lovely garden with hammocks. The breakfast was good and the stuff were helpfull. Close to the bus station and downtown.

Just a couple of blocks from the centre, quiet place with lovely garden. We stayed in an ensuite room which was a little small but adequate.

The Garden Stone is a really lovely place to stay. If we would have had the chance to stay there longer, we would have done this. I can hardly recommend this hostel for your trip to Puerto Iguazu!

• 24th Oct 2014

I thought the staff were very helpful. My mother arrived at the hostel and was very unwell, the man on reception immediately offered to drive us to the nearest doctor. It was a big help, we would have been stuck otherwise.

• 18th Oct 2014

This place is like paradise. It's just beautiful here. Wonderful, clean bungalow rooms, in a gorgeous tropical garden. Room was large enough and nicely decorated. Ample palms and other plants make you feel secluded in beauty. Lovely hammocks to lounge in as well as a brightly colored kitchen area. Did not use the pool, but it looks clean enough and there are many nice lounge chairs surrounding it. Desk staff was very helpful and welcoming. Very close to restaurants and bus to the falls.

The garden was absolutely beautiful and had a very relaxed atmosphere. The staff were friendly and nice, the room was clean and had a fine size. Breakfast was really surprisingly good with egg and juice. And it was in a perfect distance to bus terminal and downtown. I am already recommending it to people going there!!

• 17th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

Had a nice stay here, all the staff spoke sufficient English and we were given good information on visiting the falls when we arrived. Breakfast was ok, although we went later on so got the dregs and the eggs had gone cold. Plenty of bread and jam so didn't go hungry! Room was nice.

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights during our visit to the falls and have to say this is the best hostel we have stayed at yet. It's clean, secure, has excellent staff and a fantastic kitchen / lounge area. They serve the best breakfast of any hostel we have stayed at too with scrambled eggs. We had a private room with balcony which was perfect. It's not a party hostel which again was perfect for us.

• 11th Oct 2014

We paid extra for an ensuite room....when we arrived, the power was out. We came back 2 hours later, the room seemed ok. When we went in the shower we discovered there were worms and spiders in the shower. There was no water pressure at all- only drops of cold water. We called the care taker who was reluctant to do anything till we showed him how bad the situation really was. 1 and half hours later the pressure began to finally work- but only with cold water. Poor breakfast- eggs but no toast.

• 10th Oct 2014

We stayed in a double room which was no where near big enough for 2 people and 2 bags. Location is great short walk to everything and hostel is very clean. Staff did not really speak English and there is no atmosphere here at all, it is very quiet all the time, which might be good depending what you are looking for.

Just a few blocks from the bus terminal and the town's main strip. Very convenient. There's also a taxi stand a block away. The premise is very clean and quiet. There was a small problem in my first room and the owner was very quick to move me to another one. Breakfast was fresh rolls, cereal, coffee, milk and scrambled eggs.

• 23rd Sep 2014

Nice hostel located a short walk to the bus station, clean and a nice breakfast. Atmosphere was lacking as we barely saw any other travellers. Recommended

The staff here are fantastic. One of the reception guys helped me phone up a argentian travel agent to sort out flights when my broken spanish failed me. Great location and really nice setting with a lovely tropical garden out the back giving it a bit of a thailand feel. Breakfast is served in a communal space making it easy to meet people and you can bring in your own wine. It is also great value for money - private twin rooms are cheaper than the dorms at other hostels.

• 17th Sep 2014

The staff were all nice and really helpful. They know all you need to know about the falls. Breakfast was good and the kitchen / living room area big and comfy enough. The location is also good - in between the town center and the bus station. The dorms are spacious but our double was tiny; hardly any space for us and the bags. But we had a great stay and would recommend the place to anyone.

The hostel is a very relaxing no fuss experience. I intended to stay for 2 days but ended up staying for 8 days. BBQs by the pool, hammocks, tropical sunshine and a friendly town makes the stay feel like you are in a piece of paradise. I would not hesitate recomending garden stone.

A nice quite and very clean hostel, the staff are very friendly and helpfull.. Would def stay here again👍

I would recommend Garden Stone for anyone who wanted value for their money - I can only speak to the Men's Dorm, but it the beds and lockers were more than adequate. The communal kitchen was good enough - although we needed a lighter to start up 3 of the 4 burners. The breakfast was superb - scrambled eggs, 3 kinds of bread, fruit, cereal, coffee/tea, hot/cold milk. It was maybe a little further from the bus terminal than I would have preferred, but then again it was quiet, pleasant, and clean

• 16th Aug 2014

I loved this hostel! Amazing free breakfast with good coffee and even scrambled eggs! The bathrooms and rooms seem a bit old but everything is kept really clean and the staff are lovely, also there's good wifi and a free computer to use. Great value for money!

The facilities would have been great, but my roof and walls leaked all night. Also, the toilet flooded from the bottom pretty continuously which added even more water to the room! Overall, a night place with a nice breakfast, but I was pretty disappointed about that

« first « Prev 1 2 3