Garden Stone Reviews

Av. Cordoba 441, Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

A little paradise within the paradise of Puerto Iguazu. The staff were friendly, and the lack of English was a great opportunity to work on our Spanish. The hostel is more like a compound, and the gardens and paths in between the dorms and open air common facilities are beautiful. Only complaint is that our dorm's water heater tripped the electric fuse if we had it turned up to high, so we just had to be careful.

Nice stay

Very knowledgeable staff and friendly owner

The hostel was fine. I wouldn't NOT stay there again but if I had the choice I would try somewhere else. The outdoor "social area" had a lot of mosquitos which makes it undesirable to be out and be social, the best part of hostels. The lockers in the dorms did not close, making it impossible to lock up and the bathroom was broken.

I travelled to Iguazu by my self and my stay in Garden Stone was excellent. The dorms were comfortable and clean. The location is great and the garden makes you feel like you are in the middle of the jungle, beautiful plants and flowers! Most specially, my stay was great because of all the staff ready to give advice and help when organizing different trips. I had a problem with my air ticket and they were super helpful!

Value for money, staff were friendly and helpful, good location but room was very damp.

• 3rd Jun 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, although not very conversant in english. Breakfast was the best we've seen at hostels so far, missing it already.

staff verry unfriendly, we were supposed to stay 4 nights, after 2 nights we had to move to another room but with bathroom inside. he told us it was te same price, in the end we had to pay more and he didnt kept his promise.

• 30th May 2014
  • Belgium

Lovely place. The young guy there in the day is really helpful and speaks great English. The older guy there at night speaks only spanish but is lovely and really helpful, made an effort to understand my terrible spanish. Facilities are standard, kitchen, breakfast, couple of bathrooms. Nothing to complain about. Lovely.

Our stay here was excellent. The atmosphere is great, and the property is beautiful! The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the breakfast far exceeded expectations. I highly recommend this hostel!

Lovely hostel. You can easily walk to the bus station and city center. Staff is very helpful. Breakfast is okay, but for free. I can really recommend it.

Good hostel for viewing the falls but didn't do much else. Breakfast was nice with eggs but kitchen is a bit small. Close to bus stop which is great, easy walk for long haul buses. Staff friendly but no English so couldn't communicate too much. Room was large and beds comfortable. Great showers/bathrooms.

This is a lovely hostel, with really friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast was great- nice to get some eggs and hot coffee. Our private room was a bit small but the bed was comfortable. It was quiet when we stayed so we got a good night's sleep. The outside communal area is really beautiful with a shady garden and a pool. We really enjoyed our stay here and totally recommend it to others.

Small and nice hostel. Beautiful garden and good breakfast. The staff was very helpful, one guy speaks english very well. The bathrooms could be better.

Garden stone has a really nice garden. The staff is OK, not super friendly but the will give you the information you need about your trip to the waterfalls. Unfortunately we found out that all keys can open different rooms, not good for the security! Breakfast is good. Kitchen is OK, not that big and there are a lot of musqitos over here. Overall a nice hostel to stay for your trip to the waterfalls!

• 1st May 2014