Garden Village Guest House Reviews

#434, Steng Thmei Village, Svay Dongkum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Utterly disappointed with the shower facilities I got. Paid for a double private with ensuite bathroom for an average rate however the toilet was disgusting and the water running out of the faucets reaked with iron smell. It was really bad. Didn't mind that there wasn't hot water. Oh well, that's what you get for booking the cheapest hostel. Other than that, the atmosphere was good to meet new people.

• 25th Nov 2014
  • Singapore

Booked a private room and was checked into one that was still under construction and not suitable for sleeping in - which was quite odd. Switched into an AC mixed dorm that was great, and after that, my stay was wonderful. Great location right in the center of the city, wonderful facilities including a pool and cheap bikes for rent, and how can you beat 50 cent beers?! I would stay here again, but hopefully the private rooms are finished by then.

Would've rated this place higher if I had not been so upset about how the tickets from siem reap to phnom penhn were booked! The room was spacious, not especially clean but comfortable.main draw =the restaurant/ lounge area which was a great place to eat and meet people. Trip planning =lame: 1) wanted to go to the temples by bike but were discouraged by the staff (in favor of tuk tuk) but biking was easy and fun 2) booked bus and despite repeated inquiry about toilet AND paying more NO TOILET!

Nice bar, ten minute walk from main town centre. Lots of parking space for hired motorbikes.

this is the best hotel that i everbook at hostelworld.eventhought they play music very loud at night but i had a great time to be here.i'll be back if i have a change to visit seam reap cambodia.thank you :)

We were living on the top floor... Don't do that... We had one rat, one cat in our room all the time. The walls are made of bambo or something and it's not rooms... No windows, just a bamboo piece you can take up. One bright light that makes all of the small animals welcome. Mosquito net over the beds because of this.. It's just a top floor and a balcony that they have tried to fix rooms on. If you choose this hostel take a private room WITH bathroom. Then I think you get one real room.

Our room was nice and clean, and each bed had a large locker. The location was a bit of a walk to the main street, so coming back in the dark meant we had to get a tuk tuk. The staff were all lovely and helpful. The atmosphere was slightly flay but I think it's because we came out of season, other friends who have stayed here raved about it.

We had a great time staying at The guest house. Our room was very basic, mozzie nets, bed and a toilet near by, but if you're happy with basic then I cant think of a better place! The bar usptaris was always a great place to meet new friends, it was a 5 minute walk maximum from Pub street. The staff were helpful. I would love to stay there again!

Not a bad stay here but we have been to better hostels with friendlier staff

Garden village is cheap and in a good location but that's the only good thing. I would rather pay a few dollars more and stay somewhere nice, we never slept in the 3 days we where there the roofs are bamboo and thatch like and no air con and our fan didn't work most nights it was colder outside than in our room.

Very unorganised. Good place to hang out at the bar.

Great atmosphere, great bar upstairs and excellent music! A good place to stay and meet people for a good price! Enjoy!

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts