Garden Village Guest House Reviews

#434, Steng Thmei Village, Svay Dongkum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The place was amazing. Really good Value for money! The guys there were nice with me and my friend. The room was ok, Definitely a nice place to meet new peoples and save some money! A... and the beer is just .50$!!

Great place!! Loved the pool area and the staff is super friendly and helpfull, will definitely be back if I'm in the area again!:)

BEDBUGS!!!! I arrived there on New Years Eve and had to stay for some nights, because Siem Reap was booked out. The beds were terrible! They matresses are covered by some kind of plastic foil, so you basically sleep on plastic covered by your bedsheet. They obviously have problems with bedbugs but can't be bothered to change the matresses. Many guest complained but were not helped by the staff (every request seemed to create huge bureaucratic problems...). Overall negative experience.

• 31st Dec 2014

Every thing was good, it's just not the cleanest place in the world but it was the cheapest place I could find with a good location. We can have everything :)

Our room felt like it was newly built, ultra clean, comfortable, really good value for money. The rest of the guest house was very decent also. Nice pool, bar and common area. Food is okay and the beer is cheap. The only real downer about this place is the almost unusable internet, which rarely worked in our room and didn't seem to improve much in the common area.

Utterly disappointed with the shower facilities I got. Paid for a double private with ensuite bathroom for an average rate however the toilet was disgusting and the water running out of the faucets reaked with iron smell. It was really bad. Didn't mind that there wasn't hot water. Oh well, that's what you get for booking the cheapest hostel. Other than that, the atmosphere was good to meet new people.

Booked a private room and was checked into one that was still under construction and not suitable for sleeping in - which was quite odd. Switched into an AC mixed dorm that was great, and after that, my stay was wonderful. Great location right in the center of the city, wonderful facilities including a pool and cheap bikes for rent, and how can you beat 50 cent beers?! I would stay here again, but hopefully the private rooms are finished by then.

Would've rated this place higher if I had not been so upset about how the tickets from siem reap to phnom penhn were booked! The room was spacious, not especially clean but comfortable.main draw =the restaurant/ lounge area which was a great place to eat and meet people. Trip planning =lame: 1) wanted to go to the temples by bike but were discouraged by the staff (in favor of tuk tuk) but biking was easy and fun 2) booked bus and despite repeated inquiry about toilet AND paying more NO TOILET!

Nice bar, ten minute walk from main town centre. Lots of parking space for hired motorbikes.

this is the best hotel that i everbook at hostelworld.eventhought they play music very loud at night but i had a great time to be here.i'll be back if i have a change to visit seam reap cambodia.thank you :)

We were living on the top floor... Don't do that... We had one rat, one cat in our room all the time. The walls are made of bambo or something and it's not rooms... No windows, just a bamboo piece you can take up. One bright light that makes all of the small animals welcome. Mosquito net over the beds because of this.. It's just a top floor and a balcony that they have tried to fix rooms on. If you choose this hostel take a private room WITH bathroom. Then I think you get one real room.

Our room was nice and clean, and each bed had a large locker. The location was a bit of a walk to the main street, so coming back in the dark meant we had to get a tuk tuk. The staff were all lovely and helpful. The atmosphere was slightly flay but I think it's because we came out of season, other friends who have stayed here raved about it.

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts