Garden Village Guest House Reviews

#434, Steng Thmei Village, Svay Dongkum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

the staff seems distracted all the time, maybe because it's busy all the time. Vegetarians getting served meat, and my aircon wasn't working and took quite some time and effort to even get someone's attention for this. the pool is nice and lots of young backpackers.

Needed more ventilation in the room. One little window isn't enough.

Big spacious room with personal fan. Rooms were almost too big to meet people! But nice place. Bar them mixing my bed up and having to give me a different bed. Was all good.

Decent location once you find it, but their directions on Hostelworld are TERRIBLE and if you look them up on Google maps, it will take you to the Mad Monkey hostel. Don't expect to sleep-people were stomping around the hardwood floors from 4am-6am, people yelling on the bottom floor, etc. Took them 40 minutes to get me just eggs and toast, and it wasn't busy at all so if you plan to leave early for Angkor Wat, grab breakfast at one of the places down the street. Cleanish, comfortable beds

Good place. A lot of backpackers. Would stay again.

Awesome location, not far from night market and pub street. Rooftop bar, swimming pool and good food. I stayed in the large dorm which was actually pretty quiet and had individual fans. Nice place.

The place is nice, very busy, so one should book a day or two ahead. We slept in the dorm on the ground floor which is just fine if you bring your own mosquito net! But so many people pass through, and the room is dark and a bit dirty, so it shouldn't surprise me that we woke up the third night covered in bedbugbites. This seems to be a big problem, so I wouldn't recommend staying in that dorm. There is a very nice young man that rents out bikes right outside. Go see the temples no tuktuk-style!

I wish they had a bar or something for the guests to relax in. Free tea and coffee was a nice touch, though. I have to admire that.

It's a very nice hostel. Only five minutes walking distance to the Night Market and the Pub Street of Siem Reap. Than I stay there for four nights in February 2015 I rented a bicycle from the hostel for 1 $ per day. More fun, then take a Tuk-Tuk for 15 $ or 20 $ per day. With bicycle you arrive Angkor Wat in 30 minutes. The staff is very friendly. You can order a sandwich for the trip to Angkor Wat in the morning. A highlight - the hostel habe also a pool. I recommend this hostel.

• 7th Feb 2015

The place was amazing. Really good Value for money! The guys there were nice with me and my friend. The room was ok, Definitely a nice place to meet new peoples and save some money! A... and the beer is just .50$!!

Great place!! Loved the pool area and the staff is super friendly and helpfull, will definitely be back if I'm in the area again!:)

BEDBUGS!!!! I arrived there on New Years Eve and had to stay for some nights, because Siem Reap was booked out. The beds were terrible! They matresses are covered by some kind of plastic foil, so you basically sleep on plastic covered by your bedsheet. They obviously have problems with bedbugs but can't be bothered to change the matresses. Many guest complained but were not helped by the staff (every request seemed to create huge bureaucratic problems...). Overall negative experience.

• 31st Dec 2014

Every thing was good, it's just not the cleanest place in the world but it was the cheapest place I could find with a good location. We can have everything :)

Our room felt like it was newly built, ultra clean, comfortable, really good value for money. The rest of the guest house was very decent also. Nice pool, bar and common area. Food is okay and the beer is cheap. The only real downer about this place is the almost unusable internet, which rarely worked in our room and didn't seem to improve much in the common area.

Utterly disappointed with the shower facilities I got. Paid for a double private with ensuite bathroom for an average rate however the toilet was disgusting and the water running out of the faucets reaked with iron smell. It was really bad. Didn't mind that there wasn't hot water. Oh well, that's what you get for booking the cheapest hostel. Other than that, the atmosphere was good to meet new people.

Booked a private room and was checked into one that was still under construction and not suitable for sleeping in - which was quite odd. Switched into an AC mixed dorm that was great, and after that, my stay was wonderful. Great location right in the center of the city, wonderful facilities including a pool and cheap bikes for rent, and how can you beat 50 cent beers?! I would stay here again, but hopefully the private rooms are finished by then.

Would've rated this place higher if I had not been so upset about how the tickets from siem reap to phnom penhn were booked! The room was spacious, not especially clean but comfortable.main draw =the restaurant/ lounge area which was a great place to eat and meet people. Trip planning =lame: 1) wanted to go to the temples by bike but were discouraged by the staff (in favor of tuk tuk) but biking was easy and fun 2) booked bus and despite repeated inquiry about toilet AND paying more NO TOILET!

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts