Garden Village Guest House Reviews

#434, Steng Thmei Village, Svay Dongkum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The dorm floors were a bit sandy despite people taking shoes off outside so maybe more frequent cleaning of floors would bbe good because sandy feet is so annoying! Otherwise I was very pleasantly suprised how quiet large dorms were, happy witg my stay.

Good guest house with nice staff and good service ! Just the noise a little annoying ( of the others visitors ) - depends of the placement of your rooms

• 10th Aug 2015

Nice place overall. We thought it was quite a cool location close to pub street and the night market, they also have a great bar and pool. On the other hand it was not much going on throughout the night, a lot of stoners! Pretty boring if you look forward to meet people and drink and party

When i first arrive, they said that my booking wasn't in their record. I stayed at the upper floor of the mixed dorm. Where u can feel the thumping of every single footstep when people walk on the floor board. Even worst when ur bed is located next to the staircase. Also, the floor is very sandy. They should provide a floor matt somewhere at the entrance or before the staircase. If u r a muslim, the place located just 3 minutes away from the mosque n halal restaurants.

Great place and location. The have a swimming pool, perfect for having a rest after Angkor. 25 people in the dorm but u have your own fan and light. Think about takig a triple if you really want to rest, it's the same price for the three of you than the dorm.

Great value, but be aware what you're paying for. The bamboo rooms are a top floor divided into different rooms without ceilings (but dirt cheap), and the standard basic rooms don't have air con. They do tell you that, but if you want total privacy and air con, pay a bit more.

Decent hostel with a great location and good atmosphere. The 25 bed dorms aren't the best, pretty hot and no air con. Showers are a bit dirty too. But the pool and bar are ace and are a great place to socialise. Food at the restaurant is ok too.

Good location, good for backpackers and and meeting people, the pool and bar are good. not clean at all

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Mexico

Was moved to review this hostel since it was overall very good, but the management and staff attitude is poor. The facilities are great, and I would recommend this hostel overall and would stay here again. The pool/bar area is fantastic and it's a social hostel with areas to chill out in also. Be warned, however: - Staff may talk loudly and continue to talk loudly after being asked to be quiet early in the morning (7am) - Be sure to keep your receipt. The computerized system is badly managed

This place is fantastic! Such good value for money, great pool and a chilled atmosphere. As long as you're not expecting anything fancy and can sleep in very open dorms you're good to go :) would recommend for any backpacker in siem reap :)

The staff here are horrendous. What could have been a fairly nice hostel with good rooms, showers, etc was ruined by the fact that every single person working there was useless.

• 17th Jul 2015

Loved staying here, really clean and everyone was very friendly. Laundry service wasn't brilliant, i asked on four separate occasions whether my laundry was ready and they kept telling me come back later come back later because they couldn't find my laundry. I got it in the end but after quite a stressful day. I would still stay here again just won't do my laundry there!

• 15th Jul 2015

the hostel was clean But overall wasn't happy here. the building works everywhere are very noisy. the more expensive 16 bed dorm is a con as its separated from the 25 bed by an open doorway effectively making it the same room, and staff use the room as a short cut out. pool is nice but the staff were unable to control the one customer who insisted on playing the same song on repeat. and when my stuff went missing the staff were totally unhelpful and laughed at me. very sad, it has potential.

We had booked two beds in the dorm and the hostel had overbooked so we got upgraded to a private room for only 2 dollars more! This was awesome and we really appreciate that especially when we found out the private room was usually 20 dollars a night! The pool area was still under slight construction but it was still awesome! Very helpful staff would recommend a stay!

Great time that we booked for an extra week. Friends that we were with booked anything from one extra night to a week also. The pool and restaurant was lovely. Not far from the bars. One bad thing is the 16bed dorm is closed, had booked that, they gave me no warning and tried to put us in a 26bed dorm. Spoke to manager who was lovely and upgraded us. Would stay again. Amazing time.

I enjoyed my time at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and arranged so I could stay an extra day and also helped me book the trip to Ankor Vat which was really great. The food was also very nice and cheap. I would stay here again.

Great pool. Construction work at the hostel started early in the morning, bit too early. Food is ok, location is good enough, short walk to the nightmarket/ pubstreet

Great atmosphere, good kitchen, clean rooms. Definitely good value for money. Comes with swimming pool and 2 bars. They are still building/expanding, which causes some trouble, since there's sand everywhere. However, soon this place will be even more amazing.

Was a lovely stay. All the staff were so helpful and friendly and the facilities were great, loved the little pool and the front seating area. thank you for a really nice stay!

• 10th Jun 2015

We were only supposed to stay here 1 night and ended up staying 3, we didn't want to leave. Fab pool area and bar, really good for meeting people and getting involved in stuff around Siem Reap ( bar crawls, tours, etc). Bit of construction going on at the moment but only to improve it, can imagine it looking amazing in a few weeks. Dorm rooms were nice, clean and good AC. The food was cheap and so nice! The dorm had a personal locker but the door did not lock, but would highly recommend anyway!

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts