Garden Village Guest House Reviews

#434, Steng Thmei Village, Svay Dongkum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

The actual price for the room is actually lower the price I had paid for through reservation online. I though this is contrary to the normal situation... when you make reservation ahead, you would get the lowest price for the room.. but in reality, it is the opposite.! I paid $7 for reservation per night, while they quoted me $5 per night upon arrival). Oh well!

• 22nd Jan 2014

More mosquitoes in the room than the rest of Asia put together. Rude and very unhelpful staff, don't stay here!

• 15th Jan 2014

room was large but basic, bed, fans, and a hot shower. the location was great with a nice roof top bar, a little loud some nights but manageable. the night market and pub street are with in 5-10 min walking distance. The general staff were not very nice or helpful. but a great place to meet other travelers. i would recommend it even with the flaws

• 14th Jan 2014

When we arrived we were told a room was not available and only accommodation was dorm. Then had to share twin room when had booked and paid deposit for two single rooms. Staff bemused, not particularly helpful, and generally unable to deal with bookings. Saw many other guests arriving and having same issues. Then had to argue to get deposit deducted from final bill. Bit of a joke saved only by the quality of the other guests. Had really amazing time in Siem Reap despite shoddy guest house.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Wales

We arrived at this guesthouse with a pre-arranged booking that was not honoured as the room was not available when we arrived. We were transferred to a room of lower standard instead. There were several other group of arrivals that were in a similar situation and it seemed as if they had way overbooked their rooms. The lockers were also overbooked and so we had nowhere secure for our passports/valuables. Good location otherwise.

• 30th Dec 2013

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the private I had booked, (missed my bus) but when I got in late on the 31st, 2 hours before new years, they were very nice and found me a room for cheaper. They didn't even charge me for the night I missed. The facilities were alright and location was about 5 minute walk to pub street but I would definitely come back for the prices they have.

For me was a bit much of a party hostel, but if you are up to meet new people and get drunk every night then that's a place to be. The teritorry of hostel is huge. Breakfast alghough could be a bit cheaper. Hood value for money and very helpful staff.

The room was a tiny room so small we could not even open the door fully (would get stuck by the bed). The room was visually clean, but then you could see it was quite dusty and the bed sheets had stains. The bed (the worst thing in the room) must have had foam inserted into what I assume it was an old recycled mattress, as it was soft in some areas but then absolutely stone hard (I swear literally), so hard that it made it impossible to sleep. Fan did not swing, so it was hotter than outsi

So much fun!!!! Clean, friendly, helpful and great atmosphere!! A roof top bar that does great food and lets you play your own music!! It is great to meet friends there and play pool. The staff are great and the guys organizing the 'tuk tuks' were great - and hung out with us in the bar!! You are about a ten minute walk form bar street, however as there is a bar in the hostel it does not really matter! There is also a restaurant opposite the hostel that does $1 brekkie!!

The staff was often too stressed because there were just too many people.

Good location and extremely cheap. We booked in advance and when we arrived they didn't have what we requested available which was very frustrating!!! However we switched rooms the following day. You get what you pay for here, I did have ants and bed bugs in my bed. Our toilet blocked and we had to ask for our bathroom bin to be emptied after 4 day, plus if you wanted loo roll you had to get it yourself from reception.

• 6th Nov 2013

The bar upstairs was great, met lots of cool people. The room itself was pretty gross and scary. I'd reccomend upgrading to the ensuite bathroom. The shower was basic, not bad if you mind showering with lizards. But for 2.50 what do you expect? Location was great right by pub street but not so close it was noisy :)

• 27th Oct 2013