Garden Village Guest House Reviews

#434, Steng Thmei Village, Svay Dongkum commune, Siem Reap, Cambodia

Great time that we booked for an extra week. Friends that we were with booked anything from one extra night to a week also. The pool and restaurant was lovely. Not far from the bars. One bad thing is the 16bed dorm is closed, had booked that, they gave me no warning and tried to put us in a 26bed dorm. Spoke to manager who was lovely and upgraded us. Would stay again. Amazing time.

• 30th Jun 2015

I enjoyed my time at the hostel. The staff was very helpful and arranged so I could stay an extra day and also helped me book the trip to Ankor Vat which was really great. The food was also very nice and cheap. I would stay here again.

Great atmosphere, good kitchen, clean rooms. Definitely good value for money. Comes with swimming pool and 2 bars. They are still building/expanding, which causes some trouble, since there's sand everywhere. However, soon this place will be even more amazing.

Was a lovely stay. All the staff were so helpful and friendly and the facilities were great, loved the little pool and the front seating area. thank you for a really nice stay!

• 10th Jun 2015

We were only supposed to stay here 1 night and ended up staying 3, we didn't want to leave. Fab pool area and bar, really good for meeting people and getting involved in stuff around Siem Reap ( bar crawls, tours, etc). Bit of construction going on at the moment but only to improve it, can imagine it looking amazing in a few weeks. Dorm rooms were nice, clean and good AC. The food was cheap and so nice! The dorm had a personal locker but the door did not lock, but would highly recommend anyway!

The staff are absolutely lovely here! Kitchen is open 24 hours so you can get food before Angkor wat at dawn. The pool is fantastic. Only complaint is that you can't lock your dorm room door (although you do have lockers). I'd definitely stay again!

No reviews seem to mention this, but the complex is undergoing massive construction right now. Not that that is a bad thing, but buildings seem disjointed, the sunset bar is not really completed, the pool is hidden and requires crossing the construction zone, etc. The pool also could benefit from more shade. The water was warm and not refreshing and in the hot sun there were few places for someone concerned about UV exposure to seek refuge.

the staff seems distracted all the time, maybe because it's busy all the time. Vegetarians getting served meat, and my aircon wasn't working and took quite some time and effort to even get someone's attention for this. the pool is nice and lots of young backpackers.

Needed more ventilation in the room. One little window isn't enough.

Big spacious room with personal fan. Rooms were almost too big to meet people! But nice place. Bar them mixing my bed up and having to give me a different bed. Was all good.

Decent location once you find it, but their directions on Hostelworld are TERRIBLE and if you look them up on Google maps, it will take you to the Mad Monkey hostel. Don't expect to sleep-people were stomping around the hardwood floors from 4am-6am, people yelling on the bottom floor, etc. Took them 40 minutes to get me just eggs and toast, and it wasn't busy at all so if you plan to leave early for Angkor Wat, grab breakfast at one of the places down the street. Cleanish, comfortable beds

Good place. A lot of backpackers. Would stay again.

Awesome location, not far from night market and pub street. Rooftop bar, swimming pool and good food. I stayed in the large dorm which was actually pretty quiet and had individual fans. Nice place.

Such a nice place to hang out and meet other travellers! The pool is fun. The restaurant is also okay. Staff is very polite and nice. Location isn't exactly on Pub street but I think it's a good thing. Lots of restaurants and bars and a pharmacy on the way to downtown. The dorm door was unlocked but you get a locker.

The place is nice, very busy, so one should book a day or two ahead. We slept in the dorm on the ground floor which is just fine if you bring your own mosquito net! But so many people pass through, and the room is dark and a bit dirty, so it shouldn't surprise me that we woke up the third night covered in bedbugbites. This seems to be a big problem, so I wouldn't recommend staying in that dorm. There is a very nice young man that rents out bikes right outside. Go see the temples no tuktuk-style!

I wish they had a bar or something for the guests to relax in. Free tea and coffee was a nice touch, though. I have to admire that.

It's a very nice hostel. Only five minutes walking distance to the Night Market and the Pub Street of Siem Reap. Than I stay there for four nights in February 2015 I rented a bicycle from the hostel for 1 $ per day. More fun, then take a Tuk-Tuk for 15 $ or 20 $ per day. With bicycle you arrive Angkor Wat in 30 minutes. The staff is very friendly. You can order a sandwich for the trip to Angkor Wat in the morning. A highlight - the hostel habe also a pool. I recommend this hostel.

• 7th Feb 2015

The place was amazing. Really good Value for money! The guys there were nice with me and my friend. The room was ok, Definitely a nice place to meet new peoples and save some money! A... and the beer is just .50$!!

Great place!! Loved the pool area and the staff is super friendly and helpfull, will definitely be back if I'm in the area again!:)

View all Siem Reap Bed and Breakfasts