Geko Hostel & Pousada Paraty Reviews

Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 5, Paraty, Brazil

My staying it was great! I liked the hostel cause the location is perfect! near to everything! I would like to appreciate the staff: hey guys, you were really nice and the tips you gave to me helped a lot! The tours you recommended were AWESOME! Bout and Jeep! good prices and beautiful places! thxx See you next time!! For sure I'll be back ;)

We had a fairly disappointing stay here. It was a busy period, so we were in an óverflow´ dorm, with: one bathroom between two dorms, dangerous ladder to a 3rd level bunk (missing steps, only one cable tie holding it on); broken door that woke everyone up in the dorm whenever someone entered; staff not very knowledgeable or helpful; wifi useless (but I think this is Paraty). Breakfast was good (and on the beach!) but ran out quickly. Lockers small and a long way from our dorm. Will not return.

I realy enjoyed my stay at Geko. Of course not every Hostel is perfect and sometimes we have some problem but at Geko Hostel the Manager Andres is always there and ready to help you if somethink is wrong. Thanks Andres an all Staff.

• 19th Feb 2014

Nice hostel, the main reason you should go there is for the beach location, nice breakfast and dinner straight on the sea! Nice staff as well!

Fantastic location right on the beach - beach bar which you get a caipirinha voucher for on arrival and which also serves the breakfast. Good cooking facilities under a covered area outside and nice little area to chill. Good choice for Paraty. Check out Trinadade while you are there though!!

We stayed here in November and we had the worst stay ever! There are two hostels side by side and a bar on the beach, which belongs to the hostel on the other side of the road, approx 20ft away. The boys who run these hostels run riot at night and keep the bar open til 4-5am in the morning. No guests, just them. They are aggressive and rude and think that the hostel is for them, not paying guests. We asked them 4 times to close the bar & turn the music off, but they just laughed at us.

• 18th Nov 2013

Decent hostel, always clean, rooms cleaned daily. Not the best set up kitchen, hard to use when it's raining as you get wet and oven has really low power. But in sunny weather it would be just fine!

A great hostel, perfect for backpackers. Dorm room was quite basic with no lockers but very clean. Staff on reception were very helpful and friendly. Location is perfect - right on the beach and only a short stroll from the main colonial centre. Breakfast on the beach was beautiful. Free caipirinha upon arrival. Free use of a computer in reception. Loved it.