Geko Hostel & Pousada Paraty Reviews

Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 5, Paraty, Brazil

I liked very much the location of the hostel. The beach bar and the night meals were great. It´s a good option if you like the beach and stay there most of the day.

A great hostel with a perfect location, you just need to cross the road to be at the beach. The breakfast included is nice as well. In Paraty, it's the perfect place to meet people. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The staff is really helpful and welcoming. Go for it!

A good place in good location but the bathroom was in a bad state even after cleaner. I was there for World Cup and there was no one there. I still had to pay a premium rate via hostel world even when a friend paid 40% less with no booking.

On the beach. Great location. WIFI doesn't work. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • India

Staff was very nice and helpful, and our room was cleaned everyday for us. Location is good if your looking to spend most of your time on the beach. It's a bit of a walk to the reastaurant district, and about a 20 min walk to the grocery store. The biggest problem was that the wifi did not work in the hostel. They tried to give us their hostel next doors internet, but it was not much better. We were able to use wifi maybe 25% of the time in the hostel. For that I gave facities "very poor"

• 23rd Jun 2014

Lovely hostel in a beautiful location, staff are very friendly and helpful, the transfer from Rio was good value and a stunning journey. Clean, tidy and away from the main town but only by a 5 minute walk, breakfast at the beach bar more than compensates.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • JimboG

great hostel, cool location with breakfast each morning right on the beach. staff are great - Patricia was the best, so much fun and very helpful :)

Breakfast was fabulous on the beach. Shower was cold. wifi was not so good. The rest was good.

Nice hostel, great location. The breakfast on the beach is awesome!

Nice outdoor chill out area for cooking and socialising. Quite a small building and we (12 bed dorm) were actually located outside of the building, round the corner which was a shame. The toilet smelled very bad (I think drainage problems). Staff were friendly and helpful, they let you bring alcohol from outside which was nice.

The hostel is right on the beach, which is really all you want in a place like Paraty. Had a great time here! :)

Right on the beach and with an awesome vibe, staff and breakfast (on said beach), I can't recomend this place enough. Dorms are spacious too. Definitely the place to stay in Paraty!

I have positive experience with Geko hostel. I picked up this hostel as it is next to the beach even though it is about 20 minutes walking from the bus station. I really liked having quite generous breakfast on the beach where you can have also a huge dinner for 19 Rs, book at the reception. As far as the beach is concerned do not expect turquoise see but muddy one. For beaches I recommend a half day boat tour.My 8 bed room was clean, with a fan and AC system. Bathroom specious and cleaned every

Thank you very much for all !! A very good hostel with a very good staff. They are really helpful when you have problems. You can take your breakfast on the beach it's so nice and we had a barbecue on the beach too very good! I really recommend this hostel for all :) !!

• 11th Apr 2014