Geko Hostel & Pousada Paraty Reviews

Rua Orlando Carpinelli, 5, Paraty, Brazil

A great hostel with a perfect location, you just need to cross the road to be at the beach. The breakfast included is nice as well. In Paraty, it's the perfect place to meet people. The rooms were cleaned everyday. The staff is really helpful and welcoming. Go for it!

A good place in good location but the bathroom was in a bad state even after cleaner. I was there for World Cup and there was no one there. I still had to pay a premium rate via hostel world even when a friend paid 40% less with no booking.

On the beach. Great location. WIFI doesn't work. Staff is friendly and helpful.

• 26th Jun 2014
  • India

Staff was very nice and helpful, and our room was cleaned everyday for us. Location is good if your looking to spend most of your time on the beach. It's a bit of a walk to the reastaurant district, and about a 20 min walk to the grocery store. The biggest problem was that the wifi did not work in the hostel. They tried to give us their hostel next doors internet, but it was not much better. We were able to use wifi maybe 25% of the time in the hostel. For that I gave facities "very poor"

• 23rd Jun 2014

Lovely hostel in a beautiful location, staff are very friendly and helpful, the transfer from Rio was good value and a stunning journey. Clean, tidy and away from the main town but only by a 5 minute walk, breakfast at the beach bar more than compensates.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • JimboG

great hostel, cool location with breakfast each morning right on the beach. staff are great - Patricia was the best, so much fun and very helpful :)

Breakfast was fabulous on the beach. Shower was cold. wifi was not so good. The rest was good.

Nice hostel, great location. The breakfast on the beach is awesome!

Nice outdoor chill out area for cooking and socialising. Quite a small building and we (12 bed dorm) were actually located outside of the building, round the corner which was a shame. The toilet smelled very bad (I think drainage problems). Staff were friendly and helpful, they let you bring alcohol from outside which was nice.

The hostel is right on the beach, which is really all you want in a place like Paraty. Had a great time here! :)

Right on the beach and with an awesome vibe, staff and breakfast (on said beach), I can't recomend this place enough. Dorms are spacious too. Definitely the place to stay in Paraty!

I have positive experience with Geko hostel. I picked up this hostel as it is next to the beach even though it is about 20 minutes walking from the bus station. I really liked having quite generous breakfast on the beach where you can have also a huge dinner for 19 Rs, book at the reception. As far as the beach is concerned do not expect turquoise see but muddy one. For beaches I recommend a half day boat tour.My 8 bed room was clean, with a fan and AC system. Bathroom specious and cleaned every

Thank you very much for all !! A very good hostel with a very good staff. They are really helpful when you have problems. You can take your breakfast on the beach it's so nice and we had a barbecue on the beach too very good! I really recommend this hostel for all :) !!

• 11th Apr 2014

My staying it was great! I liked the hostel cause the location is perfect! near to everything! I would like to appreciate the staff: hey guys, you were really nice and the tips you gave to me helped a lot! The tours you recommended were AWESOME! Bout and Jeep! good prices and beautiful places! thxx See you next time!! For sure I'll be back ;)

THIS IS AN AMAIZING HOSTEL !!!!! the place is beach front ,coffe by the beach .... the bar at the beach is exellent , FREE WELCOME CAIPIRINHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LIVE MUSIC!!! the barman pablo rock's thanks andres and all the staff from geko hostel i will back soon

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

We had a fairly disappointing stay here. It was a busy period, so we were in an óverflow´ dorm, with: one bathroom between two dorms, dangerous ladder to a 3rd level bunk (missing steps, only one cable tie holding it on); broken door that woke everyone up in the dorm whenever someone entered; staff not very knowledgeable or helpful; wifi useless (but I think this is Paraty). Breakfast was good (and on the beach!) but ran out quickly. Lockers small and a long way from our dorm. Will not return.

I realy enjoyed my stay at Geko. Of course not every Hostel is perfect and sometimes we have some problem but at Geko Hostel the Manager Andres is always there and ready to help you if somethink is wrong. Thanks Andres an all Staff.

• 19th Feb 2014