Girassol Hostel Reviews

Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena., Sao Paulo, Brazil

This hostel was the best hostel ever stayed at! I've never met such friendly staff and owner before. I really appreciate the way everyone went out of their way to help me. I felt like I was at home there and loved my room. I love how the lockers are in the room so that way I can have my stuff close by. I've also never met an owner that has been so kind to his residents. I really appreciate all the home-cooked meals! If I come back I will definitely be staying here ;)

• 24th Aug 2015

very dirty

Our room was small - no window - but amazing black light, glow paint & stars. The bathroom was gross and didn't seem to be ever cleaned in the 2 days we were there, so got worse. They charged us for a towel. I protested citing this site, and the staff showed me another part of site saying they charge. Not cool. Breakfast was bread and butter and coffee, not even abundant coffee. Great place if you wanna meet folks - but conversations go late & that made it really noisy, even after midnight.

Having booked online a few days in advance, we arrived to about half an hour of confusion and being made to feel unwelcome. Finally someone spoke to us to say that there was no room for us. We could take one bed in one tiny dorm of eight, and then the other had to sleep on a mattress on the floor of another tiny dorm of six. There was no room so when the men in that room got up they has to climb on the mattress to leave. (We were offered a bed on the roof too)

• 12th Aug 2015

The staff is awesome. They will maybe have to focus on the cleanliness of the toilets and the room of 8 is a bit caotic. The room of 4 is fantastic.

It's budget accomodation and you get what you pay for... If you want to save a few bucks it's perfectly adequate.

It's a great hostel, the guests are always interacting and you can make plenty of friends. The bathrooms and rooms are quite dirty, but for that price that's what you get.

Very good atmosphere, definately would stay again.

You get what you pay for! Very cheap for great location but it is filthy!! Beds sheets were gross, bunks were old, bathroom disgusting! No lockers in our dorm room. Very cramped and hot :(