Girassol Hostel Reviews

Rua Purpurina 199 F, Vila Madalena., Sao Paulo, Brazil

The staff were excellent and the hostel is located near lots of nice restaurants and bars ! Really close to the metro as well which is great for getting round São Paulo!

• 21st Jan 2016

Truly amazing, like a little family :) the best welcome to South America

Worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The breakfast was bread, crackers, and butter. The dorms for 8 only had 4 lockers so I could not lock my things. The beds were old and too close together. The room should of held 6 at most, not 8. Dirty bathroom, dirty lobby.

• 13th Jan 2016

Though the staff was really friendly, and the location in a great area, I was disapointed with what I got for that price.I had a single room, which was basically a partitioned section of the open area, a closet, it is like you are sleeping in the kitchen.I did have a window but there were no curtains.They did not clean while I was there, only at the start. The others sharing my flat (we were across the road, not at hostel) did not have windows and weren't happy, atmosphere bad as a result.Shame!

The worst accommodation I have ever stayed in.

• 9th Dec 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The cleanliness at Girassol hostel was extremely poor with little enthusiasm or willingness to change this. The bathroom had clearly not been cleaned in some time, as the bin was filled to the brim wilting other peoples soiled tissues, it was dirty and smelly. The room had tobacco spilled on the floor, and there was old guests rubbish in the room, suggesting that it hadn't been cleaned since their stay. The "free breakfast" consisted of a loaf of bread and some black coffee.

• 7th Dec 2015

The bathrooms were ALWAYS flooded. There were only two days in the week were someone went to clean the facility. The toilet spent a whole night and morning clogged up,. When I arrived, at 8h of the morning, there was NO ONE of the staff of the hostel to make my check-in. I had to call the hotline of the hostel to be informed that the person would only get there by 9:30am. The bunkbeds were very unsafe and the ceiling had mold. There were a lot of energy wire that didn't work. No breakfast.

This was a lovely place to base myself, easy access to the metro and fun atmosphere. The bedroom and bathroom could have been cleaner but they weren't too bad. The morning coffee was excellent and the wifi worked!

Great staff that go above and beyond had a single room that they have around the corner with concierge nice coffee and simple breakfast toast and spread to start the day location 10 min walk up and down a hill that is the area the dorms are a little worn plenty off other hostel within minute around the area...

This hostel was the best hostel ever stayed at! I've never met such friendly staff and owner before. I really appreciate the way everyone went out of their way to help me. I felt like I was at home there and loved my room. I love how the lockers are in the room so that way I can have my stuff close by. I've also never met an owner that has been so kind to his residents. I really appreciate all the home-cooked meals! If I come back I will definitely be staying here ;)

very dirty

Our room was small - no window - but amazing black light, glow paint & stars. The bathroom was gross and didn't seem to be ever cleaned in the 2 days we were there, so got worse. They charged us for a towel. I protested citing this site, and the staff showed me another part of site saying they charge. Not cool. Breakfast was bread and butter and coffee, not even abundant coffee. Great place if you wanna meet folks - but conversations go late & that made it really noisy, even after midnight.

Having booked online a few days in advance, we arrived to about half an hour of confusion and being made to feel unwelcome. Finally someone spoke to us to say that there was no room for us. We could take one bed in one tiny dorm of eight, and then the other had to sleep on a mattress on the floor of another tiny dorm of six. There was no room so when the men in that room got up they has to climb on the mattress to leave. (We were offered a bed on the roof too)

• 12th Aug 2015