Girassol Hostel

Good 305 Total Reviews

• Austria, Female, 18-24
25th Jan 2017
5.7

Quite good area (close to many bars) but a good walk to the metro (~15 min). Not very clean, rooms smell. Beds are really horrible, bad matrace, bunk beds shake a lot. There are only two bathrooms for everybody. Breakfast is only coffee with toast bread (no Jam, no cheese). Staff is really friendly

• USA, Male, 31-40
15th Jan 2017
6.6

I would not stay here again. The closest metro Vila Madalena is 1 km away with a steep hill, and it's the last stop on the green line. You need 45 min to get where you want to go. My biggest problem is that the mixed gender dorm I stayed in was swarming with mosquitoes because the window latch was broken. I killed 30+ between midnight and 2:00 AM, as the blood-spattered walls and ceiling showed. Then I got a poor 4-hours sleep on a floppy mattress. Low price but unfortunately cannot recommend.

• Brazil, All Male Group, 18-24
2nd Dec 2016
2.0

When we booked my bed by hostelworld, there were more than 3 free beds there but when we arrived there, there were only one free bed there and they didn't give back the reservation tax.

• Paraguay, Male, 18-24
1st Dec 2016

I spent the best week ever there! Everything is so close, the subway, bars, and a really nice convenience store. The people at the hostel are very nice!

• Chile, Male, 18-24
11th Nov 2016

it's amazing

• USA, Female, 31-40
14th Oct 2016

Girassol Hostel was a great value in a great location. The staff were very helpful (though I found it useful to speak Spanish... not sure how easy it would have been if I only spoke English.) They let me store my things for a whole day after I checked out... and they also did my laundry for me for a very reasonable price. I took off a point for the toaster being broken given that the only breakfast offering was... toast. But there's a grocery store across the street. And 24/7 hot coffee on tap.