Gîte d'Etape - Youth Hostel Jacques Brel Reviews

Rue de la Sablonnière 30, Brussels, Belgium

Good breakfast, comfortable rooms , well located and a very good free walking tour available!

• 16th Jan 2015

The hostel is amazing, really clean and comfortable. We had a room with bathroom and it was big and clean. The staff is really smart and kind . Mattia is a great guy and was very helpful. The location is nice and closer to the botanical garden, so pretty central. We had a great time and i really recommend this place!

The hostel is amazing! It's clean, que staff is very helpfull, it's close to the city center (15 minutes walking) and there is a metro station nearby, as well The North bus station. The breakfast is great also and there is a pub in the ground floor where you can taste some belgian beers!

• 7th Jan 2015

Afternoon guy receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The girl in the morning was not. I got lost trying to find the hostel. When I called for directions, she told me to just go in a bar and ask. When I arrived and after I placed my stuffs in the storage (cause it was not yet check-in time), I asked for directions going to a place. She answered but she seems to be more focused with other things in her computer. The room floor was dirty, looks like it has not been cleaned for some time.

Customer service was great as they were very open to questions and even recommended places to visit in Brussels. The facilities, however, were lacking as the ensuite bathroom only had one knob for hot water in the shower. The water was scalding hot and it was not possible to take a decent shower. Also, the room's door made much noise as it had gaps around the latch and it did not hold the door in place. Hence, the door would vibrate when neighbouring doors were closed or opened too forcefully.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

I liked this hostel very much. It is very close to metro station, the rooms are big, the breakfast satisfactory! Very nice the internal bar.

hello thanks for your good comment 2 minutes from metro station botannique, 75 % organic breakfast, best of all within the hi circle regards phil

Our staying at the hostel was perfect! The room was nice and cozy; the atmosphere very international, with easygoing guests; and the staff helpful and polite (particularly the Italian guy at the reception).

The only person very nice with us was Mattia the italian one. The other staff did not help us with energy smile or happiness. The breakfast was quite poor. In our room the shower does not work for 3 days: cold and poor water even if we suggested the broken since the beginning of our stay. The location is not centred and at night is quite dangerous because closer there is a kinda of poor people facilities.

Really nice hostel. Good staff. Good facilities. It has everything you need and its really nice plae to stay. Internet only works in the lobby, not in the bedrooms, but I hightly recommended it.

hello thank you for your comments weare glad you had a great time we're doing our best for our guests bon voyage regards phil

The breakfast is great!

It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very helpful, the prices were good and the facilities were always clean. Breakfast was satisfatory also. The Hostel is really near to one metro station so that was another advantage as well.

Very co-operative staff, hostel is a 4 min walk to the Botanique Metro station. Loved my stay there. Has free WiFi, Cool Bar and Bartender :P who catered Music to everyone's taste!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • India

hello thanks for your nice comments we're doing our best for our guests ;-) regards phil

Glad I only stayed one night. At 03:00, a strange man, who we later found out worked at the hostel, knocked but then immediately entered the room using a master key. This happened again after breakfast. Glad to know I have no privacy in a private room :/ The "bar" was fun, only for the bartender who was very nice. Food was ok, about what I expected. Wifi did not reach our room at all, which was on the 3rd floor.

This hostel is amazing. Especially the staff here are really friendly and interesting. There is a bar inside the hostel and it is a good place to make friend here.

Hello , Thank you for your great comment , we are doing our best to make the Jacques Brel experience unforgivable . Claire

Good breakfast. No towel included.

Hello , The towels are to rent at reception for 3€ . Claire

This is probably one of the best hostel I have ever stayed. So organized! Cages to keep your things on the last day. 4 people per room, with a toilet. A board with the stuff happening at the city. Cool maps. A bar (which I didn't try). Totally recommended!!!

g'day well, what else could we add ? thanks a lot for your energy ! best of all within the hi community regards phil

Positive comment: nice atmosphere and excellent breakfast Negative comment: malfunctioning of the shower and hot water intermittent

• 9th Dec 2014

Hello , We had some problem due to the renovation of the hostel but now everything is working . Hope we don't loose your confident and hope to see you again in the HI network . Claire

Recently renovated hostel. I booked a bed in a 6 bed female dorm but ended up in a 3 bed dorm with ensuite - nice, new, clean, comfortable. Lockers in room (bring your own padlock) and personal reading light. Well equipped and funky kitchen, and a really good hostel breakfast is included in the cost. It is about 10 minutes walk from the center of town. They require you to be out of your room between 12 and 3pm, but I found this no problem.

Thanks you for your comment and confidence you give us ! You do our best to give the best service to our clients . Hope to see you soon again in the HI network

6人部屋の女性専用ドミトリーに一泊。チェックイン開始の午後2時にフロントに行くと、部屋の掃除が終わるのが午後3時だと言われた。地下に荷物を置くスペースがあるので、荷物を預けられて便利だった。フロントの人は英語で説明、対応してくれるので助かった。無料のwifiはあるが、繋がるのはフロントと一階の限られたエリアのみで部屋では全く使えなかった。部屋は綺麗で全室カードキー。貴重品を入れるロッカーもひとり一個割り振られているので、南京錠をかけておけば盗難、紛失の心配はない。コンセントはベットの位置によっては少なくて不便かもしれない。部屋には洗面台とシャワールーム(ちゃんと温水が出る)があるが、鍵がついていない。トイレは清潔だが、部屋の外にある。 毎朝7:30〜10:00まで無料で簡単な朝食が食べられるのが嬉しかった。

hello thanks for your comment we're sorry, no one speaks japanese ;-( we wish you the best within the hi community regards phil

Overall, I had a fine time here. The staff was very nice and helpful, and I felt safe. I was warm at night, but the pillows are pretty flimsy. Sheets were clean, but I prefer a duvet for the comforter, because I know they don't get washed daily. No duvets. No hand soap in the bathrooms. I stayed for two nights and for half the time there was no hot water for showering. The common space was a bit impersonal. I prefer a cozier space. Also, no internet in the dorm rooms or breakfast area.

g'day thanks for your comments and notes. our price includes organic breakfast, bed linen and blanket. due to renovation works there was some inconvenience : it's all fixed now :-) we wish you good times within the hi circle regards phil

« first « Prev 1 2 3