Gîte d'Etape - Youth Hostel Jacques Brel Reviews

Rue de la Sablonnière 30, Brussels, Belgium

The mattress was uncomfortable and there was a lot of noise in the morning. The water pressure in the shower was very slow. Good breakfast

I think everything was good but the internet was really difficult to deal with

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Chile

hello, thank you for leaving a comment we're glad to let you know we should have soon a new wifi system in the entire hostel we hope to see you again best regards phil

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. Good location, lots of space to store luggage. Poor wifi connection and only in the lobby.

good evening thanks for your comments we're happy you enjoyed your stay sorry for the wifi problem, we're working to implent a new wifi system in the entire hostel "bon voyage" cheers phil

We had a great stay. The hostel is nice, it has good facilities, like computers, luggage room, living room, and kitchen. It was comfortable and had a great breakfast (you have to pay for it, but it's worth!), with cereals, bread, fruits, milk, coffee, cappuccino, juice, butter, jam, desserts...

good morning we thank you for leaving such a comprehensive comment our famous 75 % organic brekfast is actually included in the price of the night ! we wish you the best within the hi community regards phil

Internet connection in the room was TERRIBLE, but the facility was clean and the staff was nice.

hello thanks to leave a comment we're glad you enjoyed your stay at the Brel hostel we're actually working on a new wifi system to improve the connection we hope to welcome you again regards phil

It was a very nice hostel! The only thing that I found strange was the bathrooms; there is a shower in each room, but the toilet was in the hallway, outside the room. Very clean and nice!

Good hostel, on the outskirts of the city but still 15 min walk from old town. Good social areas, maybe just not the most social people!!! Good rooms too with shower attached but communal toilet :)

No wifi in the rooms, just in the lobby. This information was not clear when I booked the hotel. No towels... you need to rent towels if you want to take a shower. When I arrived I asked If i could put my luggage in the room and then go back to the lobby to pay my reservation and the receptionist didn't let me. I had to open the pad lock in my baggage and have to unpack in the lobby because my money was in my baggage. I told it would take 5 minutes but she didn't agree.

I don't know how this place has such a good rating. I found it very underwhelming. Wifi only in foyer with no proper lounge area to sit. Would be better if they had couches and chairs. Also peak time at night there wasn't enough seats for people trying to use the wifi. Only savour was the bar and the guy running the bar was awesome! (I forgot your name sorry!) He gave the place the atmosphere. Awesome African music playing. Too expensive for what it is. Wouldn't stay here again!

Amazing! Got a double ensuite private room, really good! It looked like we were in a hotel. They change the bathroom mat and clean the bins during the day, so your room always look tidy. Good beds, amazing shower (better than many hotels! and all the hostels I've been) Had a really nice breakfast as well. Staff was friendly and helpful. Best hostel I've stayed this year, by far.

rooms without wc! other thing were nice.

Hello Hossein! Thank you for your review. We are glad you liked your stay with us. Some of our dorms don't have toilets inside but you can find it just in front of the room. We hope to welcome you again in our lovely city! Cheers, Virginie

Everything was great except if you up without a booking you will pay more...but I booked there, at reception. Felt like if I didn't now this I would have been ripped off. So just check prices before. Other then that it's great!

Hi Raul! Thank you for taking the time to review our hostel. We are glad to hear that you were happy with your stay with us while in Brussels. Regarding the price, some discounts are only available on the website. We are really sorry you felt ripped off. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Virginie

It has great variety breakfast. Location was good10mins to train ststion and 20mins to Grand Palace. We stay 2 nights.1st night was not comfortable as one of the dormmate is drunk and he is making noise.

hello thanks for leaving a comment we're happy you appreciate our biologic breakfast and 15 minutes walk from the hostel to the grand place best of all within the hi circle regards phil

Stayed on a Friday night - hostel is only a 10-15 minute walk from the centre and all of the iconic Brussels locations so it was really easy to explore during the day. The hostel itself had a good international feel and the lobby seems like a good point to meet others as everyone hangs about to get wifi on the ground floor. Went on a mini bar crawl with some guys I met starting in the hostel bar which had good Belgian beer selection and friendly barman. Free breakfast was really decent too.

• 13th Nov 2015

good day thanks for your nice ccomments, it's a pleasure to read it ! well, you've said it all we'd be happy to welcome you again cheers phil

The location was alright as it was close to the metro stop nearby and close to attractions. The staff were helpful and friendly. The facilities were fairly clean and had most of what you needed. I also really liked how breakfast was included. However...I will probably never stay here again because the people in the room above our floor had REALLY loud music playing till 5am and were talking extremely loud, so I got no sleep whatsoever.

hello i've read your comment with interest we are sorry for the noise annoyance. we'll take good note of the problem you've encountered and we shall emphasize to our guests the right to sleep in silence be always welcome anytime best regards phil

Pretty nice and big hostel. The staff are very friendly and very nice breakfast. During my stay, it seems to be big groups staying there, which make it difficult to meet people.

Breakfast was good.

hello thanks for your nice comment we hope you spend a good time in brussels and we hope to see again in the near future regards phil

American college student - met two friends studying other places in Europe here for a weekend together. The biggest downfall is the lack of wifi in our rooms - we had things to finish and had to post up in the lobby to finish them. Even then, I couldn't get the wifi to function on chrome on my computer like I needed it to. Staff was incredibly friendly, helped us find places to eat and go out, called us taxis, let us know about a free tour. Free breakfast was awesome, they have cookie butter!

• 30th Oct 2015

Hello, Thanks for such a nice comment :) !! I'm really happy you liked your stay with us. We're doing our best to make people felling home and enjoy Brussels. We're trying to fix this big wifi issu for next year, but there's no plan to have it in rooms. We wish you the best within the HI community and have a great travel ! Agathe

Toilet facilities were nice, but I wish I could say the same for the rooms because I felt like they were treated like an afterthought. Also, this hostel desperately needs to find a way to provide wifi to its guests in their rooms. It is incredibly inconvenient to have to make your way down to the lobby every time you need wifi.

• 30th Oct 2015

Hello, We made some renovations 2 yea

Nice block, nice staff, nice room. One weakness, that only the ground floor gets the wifi.

gday thanks for your good feedback we'll be working soon to provide wifi in all hostel see you regards phil

« first « Prev 1 2 3