Gîte d'Etape - Youth Hostel Jacques Brel Reviews

Rue de la Sablonnière 30, Brussels, Belgium

Our staying at the hostel was perfect! The room was nice and cozy; the atmosphere very international, with easygoing guests; and the staff helpful and polite (particularly the Italian guy at the reception).

Hello , Thank you for your coment , I give the word to Mattia our Italian receptionnist :) Hope to see you again soon in the HI network. Claire

The only person very nice with us was Mattia the italian one. The other staff did not help us with energy smile or happiness. The breakfast was quite poor. In our room the shower does not work for 3 days: cold and poor water even if we suggested the broken since the beginning of our stay. The location is not centred and at night is quite dangerous because closer there is a kinda of poor people facilities.

Hi, thanks so much for your review, it helps to get our hostel better. Really? you think our breakfast was poor with milk, yogurt, fruits, cereals, bio juice, water, coffee, tea,butter, cheese, chocolate, bread, rice biscuits, eggs, etc. when you payed about 20 Eur for your bed. I remember I gave you access to another shower in order to have a shower. We are one of the most central hostel in Brussels in the royal part of the centre! cheers, Mattia

Really nice hostel. Good staff. Good facilities. It has everything you need and its really nice plae to stay. Internet only works in the lobby, not in the bedrooms, but I hightly recommended it.

hello thank you for your comments weare glad you had a great time we're doing our best for our guests bon voyage regards phil

Brilliant hostel, excellent atmosphere just a shame about the ignorant barman. Other than that it is one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

Thanks for you commentary, it is always really important for us to know the experience of our guests. I will ask directly what did it happen with the barman. Hope to see you again in our hostel or in another HI hostel in the world! Cheers, Mattia

The breakfast is great!

Hello , Thank you for your great comment , we are proud of our included breakfast, cause we have more of 70% of organic and locals products. Hope to see you soon again, Cheers, Mattia

It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very helpful, the prices were good and the facilities were always clean. Breakfast was satisfatory also. The Hostel is really near to one metro station so that was another advantage as well.

Dear guest, Thank you for your great comment , we are doing our best to make the Jacques Brel experience unforgivable . We are so happy when we can make enjoy our guests stay. Hope we can see you again, Cheers Mattia

Very co-operative staff, hostel is a 4 min walk to the Botanique Metro station. Loved my stay there. Has free WiFi, Cool Bar and Bartender :P who catered Music to everyone's taste!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • India

hello thanks for your nice comments we're doing our best for our guests ;-) regards phil

Glad I only stayed one night. At 03:00, a strange man, who we later found out worked at the hostel, knocked but then immediately entered the room using a master key. This happened again after breakfast. Glad to know I have no privacy in a private room :/ The "bar" was fun, only for the bartender who was very nice. Food was ok, about what I expected. Wifi did not reach our room at all, which was on the 3rd floor.

hi, thanks so much for your comment. I will immediately ask to my colleague why did he act like that, so we can discover which was the reason to enter in your room. Kind regards, Mattia

This hostel is amazing. Especially the staff here are really friendly and interesting. There is a bar inside the hostel and it is a good place to make friend here.

Hello , Thank you for your great comment , we are doing our best to make the Jacques Brel experience unforgivable . Claire

Good breakfast. No towel included.

Hello , The towels are to rent at reception for 3€ . Claire

This is probably one of the best hostel I have ever stayed. So organized! Cages to keep your things on the last day. 4 people per room, with a toilet. A board with the stuff happening at the city. Cool maps. A bar (which I didn't try). Totally recommended!!!

g'day well, what else could we add ? thanks a lot for your energy ! best of all within the hi community regards phil

Positive comment: nice atmosphere and excellent breakfast Negative comment: malfunctioning of the shower and hot water intermittent

• 9th Dec 2014

Hello , We had some problem due to the renovation of the hostel but now everything is working . Hope we don't loose your confident and hope to see you again in the HI network . Claire

1 2 Next » last »