Gîte d'Etape - Youth Hostel Jacques Brel Reviews

Rue de la Sablonnière 30, Brussels, Belgium

It was a very pleasant stay. The staff was very helpful, the prices were good and the facilities were always clean. Breakfast was satisfatory also. The Hostel is really near to one metro station so that was another advantage as well.

Very co-operative staff, hostel is a 4 min walk to the Botanique Metro station. Loved my stay there. Has free WiFi, Cool Bar and Bartender :P who catered Music to everyone's taste!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • India

hello thanks for your nice comments we're doing our best for our guests ;-) regards phil

Glad I only stayed one night. At 03:00, a strange man, who we later found out worked at the hostel, knocked but then immediately entered the room using a master key. This happened again after breakfast. Glad to know I have no privacy in a private room :/ The "bar" was fun, only for the bartender who was very nice. Food was ok, about what I expected. Wifi did not reach our room at all, which was on the 3rd floor.

hi, thanks so much for your comment. I will immediately ask to my colleague why did he act like that, so we can discover which was the reason to enter in your room. Kind regards, Mattia

This hostel is amazing. Especially the staff here are really friendly and interesting. There is a bar inside the hostel and it is a good place to make friend here.

Hello , Thank you for your great comment , we are doing our best to make the Jacques Brel experience unforgivable . Claire

Good breakfast. No towel included.

Hello , The towels are to rent at reception for 3€ . Claire

This is probably one of the best hostel I have ever stayed. So organized! Cages to keep your things on the last day. 4 people per room, with a toilet. A board with the stuff happening at the city. Cool maps. A bar (which I didn't try). Totally recommended!!!

g'day well, what else could we add ? thanks a lot for your energy ! best of all within the hi community regards phil

Positive comment: nice atmosphere and excellent breakfast Negative comment: malfunctioning of the shower and hot water intermittent

• 9th Dec 2014

Hello , We had some problem due to the renovation of the hostel but now everything is working . Hope we don't loose your confident and hope to see you again in the HI network . Claire

Recently renovated hostel. I booked a bed in a 6 bed female dorm but ended up in a 3 bed dorm with ensuite - nice, new, clean, comfortable. Lockers in room (bring your own padlock) and personal reading light. Well equipped and funky kitchen, and a really good hostel breakfast is included in the cost. It is about 10 minutes walk from the center of town. They require you to be out of your room between 12 and 3pm, but I found this no problem.

Thanks you for your comment and confidence you give us ! You do our best to give the best service to our clients . Hope to see you soon again in the HI network

6人部屋の女性専用ドミトリーに一泊。チェックイン開始の午後2時にフロントに行くと、部屋の掃除が終わるのが午後3時だと言われた。地下に荷物を置くスペースがあるので、荷物を預けられて便利だった。フロントの人は英語で説明、対応してくれるので助かった。無料のwifiはあるが、繋がるのはフロントと一階の限られたエリアのみで部屋では全く使えなかった。部屋は綺麗で全室カードキー。貴重品を入れるロッカーもひとり一個割り振られているので、南京錠をかけておけば盗難、紛失の心配はない。コンセントはベットの位置によっては少なくて不便かもしれない。部屋には洗面台とシャワールーム(ちゃんと温水が出る)があるが、鍵がついていない。トイレは清潔だが、部屋の外にある。 毎朝7:30〜10:00まで無料で簡単な朝食が食べられるのが嬉しかった。

hello thanks for your comment we're sorry, no one speaks japanese ;-( we wish you the best within the hi community regards phil

Overall, I had a fine time here. The staff was very nice and helpful, and I felt safe. I was warm at night, but the pillows are pretty flimsy. Sheets were clean, but I prefer a duvet for the comforter, because I know they don't get washed daily. No duvets. No hand soap in the bathrooms. I stayed for two nights and for half the time there was no hot water for showering. The common space was a bit impersonal. I prefer a cozier space. Also, no internet in the dorm rooms or breakfast area.

g'day thanks for your comments and notes. our price includes organic breakfast, bed linen and blanket. due to renovation works there was some inconvenience : it's all fixed now :-) we wish you good times within the hi circle regards phil

The instructions for finding the hostel are terrible but once you manage to find your way there (I'd recommend a map/tax) it's in a convenient location from everywhere you need to go. Rooms, showers, and the free breakfast were great but I did get bitten by something during my stay and it still hasn't healed nearly two weeks later. So if you're susceptible to bites I might advise you try somewhere else, other than that a great stay.

Hello , On our website you can find an itinerary to find easily the hostel . have you advertise the reception for your bites ? We are very sorry to read this and we will talk with the cleaning service of this and will check if the problem is ours. Hope you still confy is HI cover !

Hostel has good facilities as the shower at the dorm, but doesn't have lockers. When i was staying there, the cleaning staff once taken out my plastic bag with some of travellers stuff by mistake. Wifi was available in the common room and the breakfast was very good and delicious. There are some building activities still carried out, but they were not really disturbing.

Thanks so much for you commentary, it makes us proud of our job ;D Rooms are equipped with little lockers and we have big lockers at the basement you can use for free before, during and after your stay! Hope we can see you again at the Hostel 'J.Brel", Cheers, Mattia

Located at the corner of the city, but still walk-able from the central station. Staff was friendly and approachable. The nightlife at the pub is relatively active and could be quite loud. Wifi could not be reached in the rooms, and there was limited power outlets in the rooms. Overall it was one of the better hostels stayed despite the small problems.

We are very happy to read you ! We had a lot of inconveniences with the renovations work but now everything is going well :) We hope to see you back soon in the HI cover ! Claire

During the stay the hostel is under renovation, have very less power plug in room but overall was okay. just stay a night there.

• 12th Oct 2014
  • Malaysia

Hello , Due to renovations work we had difficulties with the power of the plug but now everything is ok and we hope to see you again in the HI cover. Claire

1 2 Next » last »