Gîte d'Etape - Youth Hostel Jacques Brel Reviews

Rue de la Sablonnière 30, Brussels, Belgium

Afternoon guy receptionist was very friendly and helpful. The girl in the morning was not. I got lost trying to find the hostel. When I called for directions, she told me to just go in a bar and ask. When I arrived and after I placed my stuffs in the storage (cause it was not yet check-in time), I asked for directions going to a place. She answered but she seems to be more focused with other things in her computer. The room floor was dirty, looks like it has not been cleaned for some time.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to write us a comment. I'm sorry for what it happens and I will ask to my colleague what happens, surely she has a real good reason to be like that! Sometimes it is really difficult to explain how to come here if the person doesn't even know where he is and it happens quite often that people spend a lot for understanding nothing finally. I will personally take note in which room you was in order to find why does the floor was dirty (according to you)! Cheers

Customer service was great as they were very open to questions and even recommended places to visit in Brussels. The facilities, however, were lacking as the ensuite bathroom only had one knob for hot water in the shower. The water was scalding hot and it was not possible to take a decent shower. Also, the room's door made much noise as it had gaps around the latch and it did not hold the door in place. Hence, the door would vibrate when neighbouring doors were closed or opened too forcefully.

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Singapore

Dear, I am happy you find our staff great, we try always to do our best to give the best service possible. For the hot shower, you could have to ask at the reception to check the boiler, maybe it out-of-adjustment. The same as the doors, if we knew it we would be able to fix in a short time. A few oil could have solved the inconvenience! Hope you will visit us again soon so we could offer you a beer! :D Cheers, Mattia

1 2 Next » last »