Glasgow Youth Hostel Reviews

8 Park Terrace, Glasgow, Scotland

Free wifi is missing, 1£ per hour is too much!

This hostel is really big and is more a hotel than a hostel. The lougne room is nice and cosy, but the kitchen underfloor has no windows and is way to big... Staff was friendly and helpful.

It's stupid not to offer Free WIFI. The Hostel ist very big. So it's fine, if you are just looking for a bed.

I'm used of going to some youth hostel that cost 10 £ in which I have the wifi and a towel. Even the breakfast was included! Hostel means that it is supposed to be cheap. Otherwise call it an hotel. Here I felt like I paid, and then I had to pay again again and again. It left me with a bad impression and I won't come back. You are not in the center, the lockers do not close in the room, the room was clean but not awesome (check the sheets), sooooo... What did I pay for?

It is really absurd not to provide free Wifi. But the attention of lending books in different languages is very lovely.

Pros: -nice location -friendly staff Cons: -using the shower caused it to flood the floor -grungy kitchen in basement -old couches in lounge -not exactly a youth hostel

I liked it. Beautiful building, cool people staying there, nice views, walking distance to food/ nightlife/ sites. For staff the 2 girls were awesome, the guys could be more cheery, but were all still nice & helpful. There were no activities at all, but that's not entirely the hostel's fault as pub crawls are illegal in Glasgow. But the staff give you really good tips on where to go & others from the hostel are always down to go out & enjoy Glasgow's awesome nightlife. I'd stay again for sure!

nice place but a bit lacking in atmosphere to meet people.

The hostel had evrything you needed and wanted. It was quite far away from the city centre, but still within a beautiful environment. The only disadvantage of the hostel was that you had to pay for your wifi per hour. They said you had the option to log out and use the remaining minutes for another time, but with me it failed to log out. This made me quite upset and I had to use it all in ones, because otherwise I would loose my money and time.

Staff were really friendly and helpful but I felt like there was little or no atmosphere, maybe it was because of the people there. Being charged one pound per hour for wireless is also a bit stupid.

I enjoyed my stay. I would recommend this hostel to others. It would be awesome if there were personal bed lights in the rooms, I didn't like to turn the main light on and disturb others who were sleeping.

There is good and bad about the location of this hostel. It's situated in the kevingrove park. You have to climb up the hill to get there, which wasn't quite pleasant when you are dragging a luggage in the rain. Also, there is no street lamps at night in the park, so you have to be very brave and you have to know the directions. But I have come to love it. I love the tranquil atmosphere of walking through the park. There are many good cafes and restaurants nearby!