Glasgow Youth Hostel Reviews

7/8 Park Terrace, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

Great Hostel with a good kitchen and very clean. Quite a walk away from the city centre but in a very nice and safe area. A bit on the expensive side but you get a lot for the price.

Good basic clean hostel right in the middle of Glasgow. Not sure I would stay here for more than a night or two, but it's great if you're on your way to or from somewhere else and just want to explore Glasgow for a day or two

A good place though the system of breakfast is quite unusual, I mean it stops at 9am ! The earliest I've ever met in a hostel and the breakfast proposed is pretty expensive, I mean £5 for a continental breakfast, that's too much. Besides that it's a good place to stay

MANY THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY !

This hostel was nice, but was very quiet and was hard to meet people as a solo traveller. The kitchen and laundry are great, but Wi-Fi is only available on one level and you need to put in a code every three hours. This meant that everyone in the common room were on their phones/computers and it felt like a library! Staff were very helpful and the location is stunning and close to the West End.

Definitely would be a plus to have wifi throughout the building and not to need a code every 3 hours. Location was perfect - not too close to the downtown and at the top of a beautiful park.

There were some loud ppl during the night who were literally banging on doors...so that was the only problem '^_^ Other than that I absolutely LOVED it!! ^_^ It was findable and the staff were SO friendly =) I actually left a phone that my school had given me there and I called them and they were very cooperative, found it, and are mailing it back to me ^_^ They were eager to help fix my booking too, as I had booked for one extra night than we were staying. The staff was so welcoming too!! =)

• 17th Apr 2015

It's true, it feels more like a hotel than a hostel, but I was staying in a private room. Walls are quite thin, although they have earplugs at the front desk. Hostelworld listing is a bit outdated- towels are provided, and wifi is free but you need a new code for every 3 hours. Location is good- the view is great and you have a gorgeous walk through the park to Argyll Street. Rooms get quite cold at night, even with the heater turned on, so prepare for that. All in all, it was a good stay.

Cheap, clean hostel, with a lot of long-term residents. Wi-fi in the rooms would be most useful. Staff were helpful in suggesting what to do.

Overall we were happy with the hostel. However, we booked for five people and were placed in a 6 bed room, then charged for six people. This left a sour taste in the mouth as we definitely booked for five. The staff we completely uninterested in discussing this error. But overall the place served it's purpose.

Close to the university but a bit far from the city center.

our room was sweltering!!!

• 3rd Apr 2015

It's at least a thirty minute walk to the city center, it was an old hotel that was converted, I enjoyed the design of the hostel. It was clean and very accessible, I enjoyed my stay, it was quiet, despite the large size

It was a nice stay and nice location, good staff but felt more like a hotel than a hostel which is good for some people, had to pay an expensive breakfast definitely worthwhile to make your own, other than that good stay overall

The location was in a quite calm area on a hill and not directly located in the city center. But it was a park close by and opportunities for public transport as well. The crew was nice and helpful. Also there were several rooms like a lounge, TV-Room and Billiard room. I would say this location is a quit nice place for travellers, families, educational trips.

Very warm and comfortable bedroom with ensuite facilities - a private room booking. Nice and quiet location. Staff very happy to help with luggage and query re transport. Kitchen has all the amenities for making a meal. Dining room and lounge areas well laid out, comfortable and inviting. Wifi facility free. Would definitely recommend this hostel as a great place to stay. Many thanks!

This hostel is ok but I didn't enjoy my stay. Hear me out. This is a youth hostel and over half the people there were over the age of 40. The lounge area is more quiet than a library. No one was socializing. Everyone's heads were down on their phone. I know this isn't the hostels fault but they could do some things to improve on this such as pub crawl events or games nights. The wifi codes only only lasts 3 hours so you always have to get more. If you want to party, this isn't the place to go.

Great stay I can definitely recommend it...

• 12th Mar 2015

Wonderful view, helpful staff, paint in the dining room stank up the rest of the building but there is no good time for painting a hostel, thick wall-to-wall carpet in the rooms is not my thing (too hard to clean) but some people may enjoy it when they get out of bed in the morning.

• 11th Mar 2015

Good hostel, enjoyed our stay - the building itself is impressive. Lacks a bit of atmosphere.