Glasgow Youth Hostel Reviews

7/8 Park Terrace, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

Very comfortable. Quite laid back and quiet, so I loved it.

We loved our stay at Glasgow SYHA. The hostel is in a lovely old building, in an excellent location. We would definitely stay there again, and recommend it highly.

was really pleased with the hostel. staff were friendly and the building was really clean. My first time staying at a hostel would definately stay again.

• 27th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

This is a gorgeous property, but this is the most BORING hostel I have ever stayed in. The atmosphere they have created totally sucks the joy out of life. QUIET!!!??? The main lounge is the only place you can use internet, so everybody hangs out in there, but the place has the feeling of a church or a library, so everybody is totally silent and refuse to talk to each other except for the odd whisper. PLEASE PLAY SOME MUSIC IN THERE OR SOMETHING TO LIVEN THE PLACE UP!

The hostel is located on the north west side of the city centre and some guests may require transport there. The location is in a very quiet residential area and ideal for any traveller who wishes to have a very good nights sleep. It is also an ideal location for anyone who is interested in outdoor activities and information about them is advertised in the hostel. There are also different day trips in Scotland available as well as sound advice from very helpful and friendly staff.

Definitely the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in!

• 14th Jun 2015

The rooms are good, especially the bathroom, but during our stay, there was no atmosphere in the commons parts… Maybe because the wifi is only working in the lounge (for just three hours !! Why ??), so everyone was on his smartphone. That was so quiet for an hostel. The staff was not so friendly and warm with us. The kitchen is cold and just fonctionnal. You don’t want to stay for hours to discuss with someone.

Very friendly & helpful staff! Getting connected to the internet was a bit complicated.

• 28th May 2015

Great Hostel with a good kitchen and very clean. Quite a walk away from the city centre but in a very nice and safe area. A bit on the expensive side but you get a lot for the price.

Good basic clean hostel right in the middle of Glasgow. Not sure I would stay here for more than a night or two, but it's great if you're on your way to or from somewhere else and just want to explore Glasgow for a day or two

A good place though the system of breakfast is quite unusual, I mean it stops at 9am ! The earliest I've ever met in a hostel and the breakfast proposed is pretty expensive, I mean £5 for a continental breakfast, that's too much. Besides that it's a good place to stay

MANY THANKS FOR A GREAT STAY !

This hostel was nice, but was very quiet and was hard to meet people as a solo traveller. The kitchen and laundry are great, but Wi-Fi is only available on one level and you need to put in a code every three hours. This meant that everyone in the common room were on their phones/computers and it felt like a library! Staff were very helpful and the location is stunning and close to the West End.

Definitely would be a plus to have wifi throughout the building and not to need a code every 3 hours. Location was perfect - not too close to the downtown and at the top of a beautiful park.

There were some loud ppl during the night who were literally banging on doors...so that was the only problem '^_^ Other than that I absolutely LOVED it!! ^_^ It was findable and the staff were SO friendly =) I actually left a phone that my school had given me there and I called them and they were very cooperative, found it, and are mailing it back to me ^_^ They were eager to help fix my booking too, as I had booked for one extra night than we were staying. The staff was so welcoming too!! =)

• 17th Apr 2015

It's true, it feels more like a hotel than a hostel, but I was staying in a private room. Walls are quite thin, although they have earplugs at the front desk. Hostelworld listing is a bit outdated- towels are provided, and wifi is free but you need a new code for every 3 hours. Location is good- the view is great and you have a gorgeous walk through the park to Argyll Street. Rooms get quite cold at night, even with the heater turned on, so prepare for that. All in all, it was a good stay.

Cheap, clean hostel, with a lot of long-term residents. Wi-fi in the rooms would be most useful. Staff were helpful in suggesting what to do.

Overall we were happy with the hostel. However, we booked for five people and were placed in a 6 bed room, then charged for six people. This left a sour taste in the mouth as we definitely booked for five. The staff we completely uninterested in discussing this error. But overall the place served it's purpose.

Close to the university but a bit far from the city center.

our room was sweltering!!!

• 3rd Apr 2015