Glasgow Youth Hostel Reviews

7/8 Park Terrace, Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland

The location was in a quite calm area on a hill and not directly located in the city center. But it was a park close by and opportunities for public transport as well. The crew was nice and helpful. Also there were several rooms like a lounge, TV-Room and Billiard room. I would say this location is a quit nice place for travellers, families, educational trips.

Very warm and comfortable bedroom with ensuite facilities - a private room booking. Nice and quiet location. Staff very happy to help with luggage and query re transport. Kitchen has all the amenities for making a meal. Dining room and lounge areas well laid out, comfortable and inviting. Wifi facility free. Would definitely recommend this hostel as a great place to stay. Many thanks!

This hostel is ok but I didn't enjoy my stay. Hear me out. This is a youth hostel and over half the people there were over the age of 40. The lounge area is more quiet than a library. No one was socializing. Everyone's heads were down on their phone. I know this isn't the hostels fault but they could do some things to improve on this such as pub crawl events or games nights. The wifi codes only only lasts 3 hours so you always have to get more. If you want to party, this isn't the place to go.

Great stay I can definitely recommend it...

• 12th Mar 2015

Wonderful view, helpful staff, paint in the dining room stank up the rest of the building but there is no good time for painting a hostel, thick wall-to-wall carpet in the rooms is not my thing (too hard to clean) but some people may enjoy it when they get out of bed in the morning.

• 11th Mar 2015

Good hostel, enjoyed our stay - the building itself is impressive. Lacks a bit of atmosphere.

This hostel is in a very posh spectacular location. The building is an old house which is vast. I only stayed 1 night so I am not sure how central and handy the hostel is.

The hostel feels very Scottish itself. I liked fact that travellers had access to their own kitchen so it allowed for making our own food. Which helps cost. One thing I hated was fact that had to pay for WiFi. A pound an hour! When you have to plan other things on the way it becomes quite expensive unfortunately.

Staff were friendly and helpful. 20-25 minute walk into town is the only downfall.

Nice hostel in the West End of Glasgow - quick walk into the heart of the west end and about 15-20 mins into the city centre. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Bring a padlock for the lockers.

Visiting to attend concerts at Celtic Connections. Had stayed in the Hostel before so had good idea of facilities etc.Was a bit out of center October city and not near any of the Venues for concerts but I knew this anyway. This was compensated by the Country feel of the location with Kelvin Grove Park on doorstep. Good for morning walks etc. and not too far to walk to Byres road and the west end. Definately not a Party hostel( which I was happy about!) Nice / helpful/ cheery staff. Perfect!

Wifi is not free and is located only in one specific area. It is not acceptable in a modern youth hostel. No electrical adaptor available to loan at the reception. Then again, you should buy it. No specific soul in the youth hostel. Yet, location is good and rooms are clean.

• 30th Jan 2015

The only con about this hostel is you have to pay for the internet and can only use it in the lounge area. Other than that, this hostel is pretty much perfect. Location is amazing (overlooking Kelvingrove Park) and the staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. Will definitely stay there again whenever I'm in Glasgow.

It is not as hard to get to as everyone says, and it is situated in a beautiful area with views onto the nearby park and with a view over the city. It is also very close to the West End, where you can explore cool bars, cafes and music venues. Although it feels more like a hotel than a hostel, the facilities worked well, everything was clean, and the reception staff were helpful. Even though you have to pay for internet, I overall had a comfortable stay and would return with friends.

It was ok. Dude at reception really couldn't be bothered. Having to pay for Internet by the hour is really pretty average. Only stayed a night though.

Had a really pleasant stay here, shared a six bedroom dorm and have no complaints , have to pay for wifi in common areas, but was not too expensive, and in a great location for exploring Glasgow

Nice hostel, a bit away from the city centre but with good facilities and close to the university. Anyway we walked everywhere and it never took us more than 30 min to get somewhere. We had a twin private with private bathroom and the best view over the whole city. Absolutely stunning! Storing of our luggage was possible for free, but they didn't check our IDs or anything when we picked them up.

Internet should be in more areas of the hostel. You have to seat at the lounge to use and you have to pay for it. Should be free. At the lounge are not enough sockets for everyone that are using the internet and want to charge a device. Is a little bit far from the city center. The hostel is very clean, nice beds, and a big lock near the bed.

It is a good place to stay with your family, or if u just wanna relax. I couldn't see a "Hostel atmosphere" there, it looks like a Hotel. But is a good place, pretty near some good bars and clubs( just 5 min walking). I loved my days there.

The staff there were super nice and they helped me out with anything I needed! The hostel was also really unique and in a pretty neighborhood. It's definitely walking distance from the bus or train station if u dont have really heavy luggage!