Glur Hostel Reviews

591 Mu.2, Soi.Aonang 11/1, Aonang, Mueng, Krabi, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Quiet, peaceful. Suitable locations as its away from main roads. Walking distance to ao nang beach. Morning sights watching the tall cliffs.simple bunk beds acomodations. Air conditioned . Pools, and clean toilets. Pricey worth.!:)

• 12th Apr 2015
  • Singapore

Best hostel I've ever stayed in! Worth the money, so clean, helpful staff and a very relaxing place! Dorms and pool are fantastic, would deffo return here again!

Thank you for the most enjoyable stay in the Glur hostel. At first, I was a little hesitant about staying in the 8-person room, but it was perfect and just the amount of space I needed. The complimentary breakfast in the morning along with the pool, hammocks, and the table tennis table. As the first of my hostel stays, I think you have set the bar very high!

• 24th Mar 2015

Amazing hostel. After exploring realised it wasn't as far to the beach as we first thought. Staff were so helpful, had the most comfortable few nights in a while with the most comfortable bed and even a wardrobe if you want to unpack for a few days! Breakfast was even included in a regular dorm and chilling in the hammocks and by the pool was perfect. Staff helped me to book my journey on at a reasonable price. Only fault is that cleaners were trying to change my bed before I'd even checked out!

Nice environment with friendly staff.

As ever had a good stay many thanks to all the friendly hard working staff who made our holiday that much better, Gary and Antra.

Like a mini resort hostel. The beds have their own curtains

Put mosquito nets in the rooms!!!

Booked GLUR because it looked like a nice relaxing place to stay! It's a bit out of the way (25 min walk to the beach) but overall an amazing hostel. I would definitely go back if I'm ever in the area again. They even had a pool to relax in if you wanted to take a break from the beach!

Stayed for two nights for a trip to Ao Nang beach and Railay. Though 15-20 minutes walk to beach the facilities are excellent - a pool free water tea and coffee and rooms large size and a great free breakfast. The chap on reception was really helpful too. Would stay again!

lizards/geckos everywhere!!! disgusting!!

Amazing facilities and atmosphere. The hostel is not exactly central, just a 15-20 mins walk to the beach. But it is definitely worth it. Beautiful building and amenities.

Beautiful hostel. One of the best I've stayed in. Dorms an private rooms are incredible! Staff are the most helpful in Thailand! Beautiful pool and lovely breakfast. Can't recommend enough.

• 4th Jan 2015

Glue was the perfect chill out hostel if that's what you are looking for. The owner Beenis extremely helpful and super friendly. Only stayed one night before heading on to Koh Tao but would have stayed longer. Facilities are top! The amount of space you get to yourself is incredible. Bed was super comfy and best night sleep Ive had in a dorm in months. Thanks! Not the most sociable of atmosphere but there a good chill out space with free refreshments and a pool which is open till 10pm :)

This was a 2 night stop off before moving onto one of the islands, but I had a nice stay here. I liked that each bed had it's own curtain and storage compartment for more privacy. Good communal area with fridge and hot drinks & bananas available at any time and a small self serve breakfast. Bathroom facilities were clean and staff friendly, sorting out bus transportation for me. It's not as close to the centre of Ao Nang as some places, but plenty of restaurants and bars within walking distance

Was pleasantly surprised at how spacious the rooms were (even for dorms). In addition the entire hostel looked really beautiful (probably the first hostel I've been to that has its own pool!). However, the location of the hostel is slightly off from the Ao Nang beach. The owner was very kind and understanding to refund me 3 nights of my stay as I had to leave Krabi earlier due to personal reasons. All in all a great place to stay. Would definitely be back when I am in Krabi again.

Glur is by far the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in! Its a 2 minute walk to the main road where you can enjoy shops and restaurants on your way to the beach (about 15-20 minute walk). it's a little bit out of the way but that's something I loved- getting out of the congested touristy bits of Ao Nang and relaxing at Glur after a great day at the beach is perfect! Its beautifully designed, very clean, and has excellent privacy/security in the dorms! If planning a trip to Krabi, stay HERE!!!

This is a flashpacker's wet dream! The whole hostel is extremely nice and clean. In the dorms, you get your own large personal curtained-off cubicle, complete with a mirror and closet space. It's definitely much pricier than other places, but you can really see why .

Great experience overall. Huge lockers and personal space in your bunk/closet area. Comfortable beds, clean bathrooms and welcoming common area with 24/7 water and coffee and hammocks to lounge in. Either a 15 min walk or 20 Baht songthaew ride to the beach. A bit pricier than I'd usually go for in a dorm, but I would definitely stay here again - it's one of my best hostel experiences in 6 months.

A very good place to stay. The best hostel in Thailand to me.

View all Krabi Ao Nang Hostels