Glur Hostel Reviews

591 Mu.2, Soi.Aonang 11/1, Aonang, Mueng, Krabi, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Home away from home the design of the whole hostel is very well thought of and executed to perfection. Cleanliness is amazing. You have a locker for your luggage and personal belongings, bring your own lock. The staff helps you out a lot.

• 14th Jul 2014
  • India

An absolutely amazing hostel! Room was spacious, had working air conditioning, large ensuite and was clean. The staff were amazing and very helpful -- they booked us taxis and activities (such as rock climbing). Within walking distance of the main road which had many food options, banks, exchanges, etc. Glur Hostel can highly recommended from a friend and I definitely wasn't disappointed. Tied for my favourite hostel of the trip!

We booked Glur for 2 nights and liked it so much we extended our stay to 6 nights. The facilities and grounds are beautiful, it's extremely clean, the cleaning and front desk staff are friendly. The pool is cleaned daily and there is a great common area. It's not a party hostel but very inviting and a great place to meet other travelers. Location is about 12-15min walk to the beach. Highly recommend it!

Definitely nice place to stay. Not so far to the centre and the views are very good. Staff are very nice too. Recommended.

We stayed at Glur one night before and one night after we arrived from Phi Phi. The hostel is really beautiful, you will feel like you are in a retreat. Nice rooms, really nice swimming pool, ping pong tables, outdoor common areas. The only if is the location, it is a good 15, 20 mn from the beach with the good weather is not really a problem. Also if you are not used to the country life you might get a bit impressed with some bugs and small reptiles outdoors as the hostel is surrounded by woods

very good hostel. powerful water pressure. clean room,bed and good wifi. definately worth your money!

Great stuff, in room WiFi, cool ac and it's a bit out of the way but the view is awesome!

Best hostel I stayed in Thailand, great place, great design and facilities!!

Very nice hostel! Beautiful public area in garden style with hammocks and pool. But the best thing are the dormbeds! Could you ever walk into your locker?? ;-) The beds have also curtains which makes the stay more privat during night. Small breakfast is also included and free tea

A hostel! Social atmosphere and quiet in rooms. Love the staff, so helpful and welcoming. Also really like that you could draw the curtain on your bed to sleep!

The rooms were great as well as the bathroom in terms of design and cleanliness. Quite a few Mosquitos when you shower- my friends and I all got bit a lot.

• 29th Apr 2014

Excellent hostel located near to the main avenue. In 20 minutes walking you reach the beach, a lot of restaurants, ATM exchange, etc around. I do recommend.

Great bed area with plug, light, curtain & personal locker with plenty of space. Good a/c and wifi too. Really good rooms overall. Only negative about the rooms was the terrible pillows - very high, very hard. I couldn't sleep on them and ended up using the blanket provided as a pillow. Good clean toilets and showers too. Nice communal area with free water & tea/coffee. Price was rather high for a hostel at 600 Baht a night. Also location wasn't brilliant - 20 min walk to the centre.

I thought the hostel was a bit overpriced, given its location. I found ants in my bed the first night, which was a bit unexpected, given the cleanliness of the room. The staff was very helpful though. I think that is the high point of this hostel.

If you're travelling easy, Glur hostel is perfect for you. It is clean and couched in the midst of nature. My boyfriend and I loved the view that greets us every morning as we step out from our hostel room. It is better than a hotel on Aonang bridge which feels so predictable ad boring. Glur is simple and refreshing!

Nice welldesigned hostel. Lovely atmosphere. Hammocks a swiwingpool, clean.

I really had a great stay in this hostel. Atmosphere is great, far away from the city's busy town. Facilities are nice, everything is well maintained. Also, arrangements for tours care of the hostel are such a breeze! Good food is also offered in the hostel.

Glur is an amazing place to stay. It is a bit off the beaten path but that means that they have more space for facilities and for you. With curtains and extra space in each bunk for your belongings, I've never had such privacy in a shared room. I met great people who were attracted to Glur for the same reasons. It is a beautiful space full of nice people. Breakfast at the sandwich shop next door is delicious and there was a street fair with food and such on the weekend. Loved my time at Glur!

• 3rd Apr 2014

This hostel is 15 minutes away from the beach by foot, but it is located in a quite area with a very beautiful view. After a long day at the beach you can relax by the poll under the trees (most relaxing days of Thailand trip).

Had a terrific overall experience at Glur Hostel. The facilities, from bathroom/shower, rooms, open air dining area to pool, are well maintained, clean and modern with the layout of the facilities well thought out adding an openness to the entire hostel. And the AC actually works which is a blessing when it's really humid in Thailand! Would gladly stay here on my next trip to Ao Hang area.

• 19th Mar 2014