Glur Hostel Reviews

591 Mu.2, Soi.Aonang 11/1, Aonang, Mueng, Krabi, Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Nice welldesigned hostel. Lovely atmosphere. Hammocks a swiwingpool, clean.

Glur is an amazing place to stay. It is a bit off the beaten path but that means that they have more space for facilities and for you. With curtains and extra space in each bunk for your belongings, I've never had such privacy in a shared room. I met great people who were attracted to Glur for the same reasons. It is a beautiful space full of nice people. Breakfast at the sandwich shop next door is delicious and there was a street fair with food and such on the weekend. Loved my time at Glur!

• 3rd Apr 2014

This hostel is 15 minutes away from the beach by foot, but it is located in a quite area with a very beautiful view. After a long day at the beach you can relax by the poll under the trees (most relaxing days of Thailand trip).

Had a terrific overall experience at Glur Hostel. The facilities, from bathroom/shower, rooms, open air dining area to pool, are well maintained, clean and modern with the layout of the facilities well thought out adding an openness to the entire hostel. And the AC actually works which is a blessing when it's really humid in Thailand! Would gladly stay here on my next trip to Ao Hang area.

• 19th Mar 2014

Loved it. Originally I had only booked in for 1 night but I quickly extended my stay to 5 nights. Each bed has it's own curtain for privacy & a large cupboard at end of the bed (bring a padlock to use). Everywhere was v clean & I was constantly seeing cleaners & a gardener pottering about. The pool was a real treat. Beach is 15/20 min walk or just flag down a tuk tuk. GREAT bar called Malibu Corner 5 mins away! Lovely owner. Chilled, quiet hostel. No computer but good WIFI if you have laptop.

Once again: You get what you pay for! This place might be a bit more expensive than other backpackers, but it is totally worth it!! It's super clean, the staff is amazing, you get free fruits and drinking water, there is a pool in the garden..I loved staying there and I can recommend it 100%!

The two people working on reception were fantastically helpful and friendly which was great as a lone traveller. There wasn't much atmosphere as there seemed to either be a massive group of people there or no one at all but I could have just been unlucky. Everywhere was fantastically clean and it was great to have a pool and kitchen so the whole hostel was great value. Would have been nice to be a bit closer to the beach but it was still walkable and you can't have everything!!

I have stayed in many hostels, however this was by far the best I have ever stayed at. The staff were helpful, the dorms have individual lockers and screens for privacy. The pool is lovely and there were hammocks to lie in. Do stay here for a lovely relaxing time. Showers are large with hot water. There is a communal area with a tv for relaxing as well. Cannot recommend this place enough. It is about a 15 min walk to the beach, which is a nice walk, and it means the hostel itself is quiet.

Pre-set Aircon not set at very low so room was very hot with 8 people in which made it slightly over priced. Wifi was strong, toilets and showers clean and lots films available to watch in common area. 5 minute walk to long beach for sunbathing in the day, dinner and party's at night. Staff friendly and very helpful.

Really enjoyed my stay here - lovely staff and a nice hostel.

awesome hostel with really good amenities. It's within walking distance from the beach, and there's a lot of good restaurants nearby. It might seem price for a hostel, but with the spacious and comfortable beds, clean and spacious bathrooms and a nice pool in a very relaxed area with a scenic view it is worth that bit extra.

Loved the place. Reminded me of Los Angeles.

The place is great. lots of room, pathways, hammocks chill out, the bathrooms and showers are excellent and the beds have a curtain, A/C, your own light and lots of room for bags etc. I stayed over new year period and it was stupid expensive- 600 per night on the 2 and 3 jan. Bad value for a hostel. I stayed in phi phi and payed half the price on the 31st.. yes facilities were good, however its Ao nang krabi-its not exactly the nicest or even a popular place in thailand.

• 30th Dec 2013

The nicest hostel I see in Thailand. It have really cozy rooms with big beds, it is close to nature (backdoor of the dorm in the garden is really nice), and very smart modern but not clinical design/ architecture. If I go to Ao Nang again, I will definitely check in here again, although it is a bit pricy for a Thailand hostel. But only one small thing I woulod improove: In my time there, although it was fully booked, I almost see never other travellers. - A small bar would be great.

top hostel! very friendly and helpful staff, best dorms ever and the beach is just a 15min walk away!

The couple who runs the hostel is super friendly, good english and helpful - they also make breakfast next to the hostel, delicious! The rooms are the biggest I've seen, with curtains around the beds, lights and plugs and a clothes rack and a locker at each bed, aircon, very clean, and they make your bed!!! The common areas are super comfy, with dvd player and games, and there is a new pool! There are plenty bathrooms, toilets and hot water! The hostel is a 20 minute walk from the beach, quiet.

I loved staying here ... I extended my stay a few times I liked it so much . It's total luxury for backpackers or anyone on a budget . It's a relaxed vibe. My bank was concerned my card was being used fraudulently, so I couldn't take any cash out. Rick was so lovely explaining he had the same problem a few times and let me use his phone. I'm so grateful I was staying there instead of somewhere else who might have not been so kind and help me resolve the issue - thank you . A fab hostel!!!!

A lot of showers wasnt working well

Staff were very nice! They even serve you a proper breakfast in the morning! Had alot of dvds that you could watch in the common room or take to your room. You could make your own tea or coffee anytime and they had a fridge for guests to use. Bathrooms were very clean but I wasn't a big fan of the room, it had a sort of stale smell but it did lessen when I opened the window. Also they use fleece blankets which are too warm for Thailand and don't have a sheet underneath. Happy overall

Glur has definitely had the best hostel facilities I've seen in Thailand. Huge beds, massive lockers and personal mirrors in the dorm. Bathrooms were amazing, with warm showers and always so clean. The staff was absolutely lovely, gave us shelter from the rain, snacks and wifi even before we could book the hostel and when it was full. The location is great because we hated Ao Nang as it was very touristy like Patong, but the area around Glur was super cheap, nice locals and quiet.

View all Krabi Ao Nang Hostels