Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

The largest lockers I think I have ever seen in a hostel in my life, which you don't have to bring a padlock for, so that's a plus. The staff were all pretty good banter, and while I'd be lying if I said that every aspect of it was a straight ten, it was the little things that weren't perfect that made it so endearing

The best thing from our stay in Krakow was this hostel. Police was the worst thing. We have to pay 75 eu for drinking beer on the street. Krakow is great city during the day.

A good hostel but a bit far for walking from the bus and train station.

• 26th Sep 2015
  • Malaysia

Awesome place

This was my third time checking in to GBL this summer. I am a roaring fan.

Staff very friendly and helpful, relaxed atmosphere and great location. Big thanks to all the staff.

• 5th Sep 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Pretty close to the old town and a relaxed atmosphere. Rooms were pretty stuffy though and the beds were the creakiest thing in the word! All in all a pretty good hostel though

Before check-in I expected most luxury :))) hostel. But expectations are not met. Location: 20 min. walking to train and bus station. Not far, but also not close! OLD furniture. Kitchen area not clean. Breakfast is good as for hostel, but all food is cheap. Staff not absolutely helpful. Wi-Fi available only near Reception.

Sorry for not meeting your expectations :-) We will make sure all staff to be super-nice to guests.

I only slept there for a night but I think the hostel is a bit old. The kitchen is quite small but the breakfast good. The dorm room were I slept had a comfortable bed and the biggest locker ever under the bed, and the staff is OK. But their other hostel is much better. But for what you pay, it is not bad for some nights.

The girls of the receptions were very nice to us, but other ones were super rude. The breakfast said that it was until 11am and and the kitchen it was until 10.30 so we missed it. If that weren't a bad notice, our food was in the garbage. We think it was a rough patch but everything could be better.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Dear guests, we are sorry for this little misinformation during your stay. In the middle of high season mistakes like that do happen sometimes. Thank you for your remarks and we promise to do better next time :-)

Hello, I have to tell you something about my rating of your hostel. It was the worst experience that I ever had with hostels. Everywhere was smell of rotten mixed with chlorine. The walls and the doors were dirty. Our room had flaked away walls and dirty floor. It hadnt anything common with photographs which you show on website. It isnt like retro comunism,this hostel is in real comunism. For almost twenty euro for night it is absolutely impertinent price.

Dear guest, Although we agree that not everything was perfect during your stay (and I want to assure you that a lot will be done this Autumn and Winter to improve our facilities), we think that your negative opinion is much exagerated and not quite according to facts. Nontheless, we are sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as expected. We promise to do much much better in the future!!

It's a very well located hostel. It's walking distance to the Old Town, Jewish area and the castle. They had a some issues with flooding from a down pour the day I arrived so a few of the facilities were out. But the staff were lovely and really helpful.

This a great hostel with a good atmosphere. Nice basement with a bar and pool table. They also organise different activities during the week. The location is perfect in the jewish Quarter with great night life!

I liked the hostel. It was nice, had a lot to offer. Good breakfast, nice common room. We had a good room. It is a party hostel, with good parties going on in the beer garden. So it is not very quite in the rooms during the evenings. There was a theme night every evening of the week: Drinking games, pub crawl, Pirogie-(polish food)night. So it was a good stay. close to the jewish quarter, where you can go out well in the evenings.

very friendly place with a super cool set up, Lenin's face everywhere. The bar is really nice and it's also great to have the beer garden for the summer. Not a lot of WC and showers but, despite the amount of guests staying when I was there it never was a problem. The location is also perfect, basically just between the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter. Staff super nice and talkative.

This hostel is awsome ! The terrace is perfect to chill out after a long day of walking in the heat, lots of events, lots of people to meet... In 3 days, we went to the lake trip and had some BBQ. :) If you're lazy like us, the coktails in the pub are cheap. There is also a supermarket across the street. But you'll still be able to sleep : matresses are good and, even if some rooms have windows on the terrace, people are respectful and it is relatively calm.

I stayed 9 nights in a 6 person room. Friendly, helpful staff. Chilled atmosphere. WiFi good enough for YouTube but cuts out relatively frequently. Cleaned daily. Lockers sizable. Included breakfast included juice, cereal, bread/toast, and sliced tomato, cheese, cucumber. Free tea/coffee. Bar is chilled, nice area to chill outside. My room was directly off the reception lobby and sometimes music or people talking in the lobby after midnight was too loud.

The staff of GBL provided a friendship for the length of my stay, happy to chat and share a beer or coffee in the garden. Highlights included the ample breakfast, comfortable beds, free laundry, and pleasant location. The kitchen was stocked enough for self-catering. I especially recommend GBL for longer stays.

Hard time sleeping at night because the trams were going by. Extremely hot, no fans or AC. It was worth the money but I wouldn't stay again.

Nice place but dirty.! Plus, toilets are not cleaned every day :(

Well, yes, we do clean toilets every day, I want to assure you about that :-) If you noticed dirty facilities, please notify the reception immediately and it will be cleaned.

« first « Prev 1 2 3