Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

There was a great atmosphere at the hostel, all staff members were friendly and happy to answer any questions. It's very close to old town and the Jewish quarter. Free breakfast was a huge bonus too and delicious. The bar wasn't open but we were allowed our own alcohol which was perfectly fine.

• 17th Feb 2015

A good option to stay a few nights. A bit far from the train station and not so easy to find. The bed was comfy. The kitchen is too small. A good free breakfast.

Overall good, especially for the money. Found it a bit more rustic than the GBL in Zakopane. Rooms have thin walls but there's an 11pm sound curfew everywhere except the bar area. Also was rather difficult to find; there's no neon sign or iron gate like the directions say, but a canvas sign and a boom gate. Similar, but confused me enough.

It was a little bit hard to find the hostel at first, but when I managed to find it, I was very glad that it was a nice place. I had no problems there and I found very nice that there was a kitchen available to use. I thought that the decoration was an amazing aspect of the hostel and the bar downstairs was really nice. One thing that I didn't understand, was why the heaters didn't work at night. I am Brazilian and for me the weather in Krakow is really cold. Besides that, the hostel is awesome.

Average price-performance ratio. Chose this hostel because of the affordable prices and the availability of parking. That is a good place to stay to explore the city for a day or two.

Positive: - central location and friendly and helpful staff Negative: - noisy - my 4- beds-room was really cold

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

Breakfast included and it's very good. The assistance to ttourist was great as well

Cool hostel in a great location. Wicked bar and social area to meet people, however the rooms and facilities need upgrading as the hostel seems a bit old now. The couches are pretty mangy and the mattresses could be replaced, the heat isn't working (although reception have us a heater :)), the shower kept falling and the toilet kept running. Also no wifi in the rooms. Recommended if you're laid back and like to meet people

Second time I was there. Staff great as always and the breakfast is the best I've had for free at hostels. Atmosphere was great and the pub downstairs with pool is great fun. The only problem this time was my room's toilet that looked like it spent a couple of days without being cleaned by he staff. Still a frat hostel with several good/cheap restaurants a few blocks away and a huge supermarket right next to it.

This hostel was amazing, definitely one of the best that I've ever stayed. I have spent the Christmas eve over there and I loved it, the social area is so great you can easily make friends and have a good time. If I ever come back to Krakow I will stay here again.

Worst I've ever been. Noisy, no acoustic isolation between the pub they have in the basement and the rooms. mattresses are old and really bad, you sleep on the wood stales. To top it out the staff disappeared with my personal towel. the location isn't great also. go if are willing to take risks for the cheap price.

Single room I took it for 110 PLN. Furniture, equipment provided was very poor one. Size of the room acceptable however the curtain and the window very poor, as the well as the shower / bath conditions....... Breakfast good and really fine in compared to the others. In my room it was not more than 15-15 C degree - terribly cold, very difficult to relax and I finally I could not even sleep well. Due to that, I would never select your place again, moreover would discourage people to go there

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

Easy access to Krakow town and kazimierz. Staff very helpful Nice breakfast. Would stay again

Fun communal space, friendly and helpful staff, nice clean rooms and bathrooms. Highly recommended! :-)

• 21st Nov 2014

hellooooo there !! from staying in many hostels around europe i must say i really enjoyed my stay with ye and will spread the word about the place !!!!! thanks very much for putting up with me lol !!!! take care

Staff were really nice and gave us good recommendations. Common rooms were really nice including the bar. Breakfast was good enough, good variety and quality. Room was enough big, the main problem was that the humidity in the room was really high, after six persons take a shower it was almost impossible to dry our towels.

Good place to hang around. Calm and relaxed and with party vibe too.

i checked out earlier because there is an annoying noisy girl in my dorm laughin and talkin loud through whole night. hostel itself is a good one, i washed my clothes for free. big underbed locker. the gate entrance is between street number 21, right opposite a supermarket then walk til end of alley

The staff and friendly and helpful in all manner of things and the hostel itself has some great facilities such as the bar area, table football, pool table and free wifi. Free breakfast was great too and tea and coffee whenever you want it, there are also clothes washing facilities which is handy. The location is great too, close to supermarkets and shops for food and snacks, within walking distance of old town but also really close to Plac Nowy, most places can be walked too from here. The room

Fun and quirky hostel with awesome propaganda style art on the walls of anything from Michael Jackson to an inspirational quote. Bathrooms are mediocre, but they have en suites which is great. But, the breakfast is a better free spread than you'll see in any other hostel and the drinks downstairs are cheap.