Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

Staff in the hostel is great, friendly and helpful,location is not bad cause it's just 5 minutes walk from Kazimierz and 15 minutes walk from the main square.The only thing that I didn't like was the quality of the shared bathroom s.they were not great, the showers were broken so you had to hold it all the time.but it wasn't massive problem.we did enjoy the stay in there.

Agata at the front desk was friendly, informative and took me on a brief tour of the hostel which I wasn't expecting- most just say the information. Close enough to the core, only 15 minutes walking. Great breakfast! There was quite a lot of food and a social atmosphere in the kitchen. The only problem was that the washrooms were always wet with puddles covering the entire floor and not enough shelf space to keep my clothes dry.

Really good hostel! We had a problem when we arrived but the staff solved it inmediately. The only bad thing is that there was no mat in the showers/bathroom so the floor was always wet and a mess. Apart from that, excelent! Take the krakow pub crawlo for guaranteed fun! Free breakfast is olso a big plus!

The garden and the pub are really great, the toilets more or less, could be cleaner with windows or better air circulation systems, the only real bad things are the beds that are really noisy, everytime the person on the upper bed moves you wake up, and I got dust allergy, still good value for money.

Everything was perfect. Specially, every staff was nice, indeed.

Very nice hostel with excellent staff. Breakfast could be improved but that's the only problem I saw

Hostel is in an excellent location, so close to Kazimierz and about a 10 minute walk to the old town. Staff were really friendly and very helpful giving us tips and advice on tours, where to go, what to see and good food/restaurants to try.

Staff were excellent and very helpful..need chalk for the pool table asap.The location was very good , if i could offer suggestions it would be to add a special breakfats menu where you pay but get served in the garden etc..Overall a very nice place and would rate it highly

• 28th Jun 2014

Good Bye Lenin Pub and Garden is one of the most fun hostels I've stayed in. The unique decor, location, bar, and awesome staff combine to create a unique experience. Special thanks to Kasia at the front desk, and Alonso, the events manager. I had a wonderful stay.

• 21st Jun 2014

Easy going staff, pool and fussball table, clean kitchen, best provided breakfast on euro tour so far and great vibe. Would stay here again 10/10.

Good kitchen, free pool table, good bar. Free breakfast wasn't the best but is free.. Super friendly staff!

The hotel had a nice atmosphere, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good. However, the hotel was very noisy at night. You could hear everything in the room we were staying in and there are people coming and going at all hours of the night. A good hostel if you want to party, I would not recommend it if you want a good night's sleep.

I really enjoyed my time there, staff was friendly and atmosphere was relaxed. Hostel was nicely decorated and best part was garden outside or basement common rooms and pub.

Great time had by all, 2 staff members in particular were delightful, their names were Kasia and Carola. This place has a bar which is good for drink. Lovely garden area outside to feel the rhythm of the city. Great music (especially if you want to pardayy) . Great time had by all.

The Hostel was really cool, the theme and décor is amazing and there's a very friendly vibe. The downstairs chillout/bar area is really relaxed and cool. There is always music playing (really good music too) and the free breakfast is really decent (sandwich toppings/nutella/cereal etc). Negatives: we waited a long time to be checked in (they forgot about us and were checking in others before us). There is a lack of plug points in the rooms that don't fit 2 international plugs at once.

Let me tell you, I spent 2 nights in this Hostel after a 3 night stay at Park Inn, Krakow (4 Star Hotel with Sauna etc.). And I must say, I felt more comfortable and better at this Hostel. The lady at the reception Carolina was so kind and generous in her approach and attitude that I felt her like a Sister. If money can buy us this comfort, then I would have got it in Park Inn. But as you know there are few things that money can't buy, and if you need them, you need to spend a night here.

The hostel has a cool basement just perfect to hide from the heat in the summer. I was spending most of my time working, and the hostel offered me great facilities for this purpose. This is quite rare for a hostel.

Great Hostel! Really good vibes, great place to socialise and the beds are the extremely comfortable! The lady of the house is super friendly and goes that extra to help you out. I'd definitely stay here again.

Great homely atmosphere here. Got to know everyone at the hostel on our night there! The beds were a little dated but otherwise a good stay!

Fantastic little hostel right between the Jewish quarter and the old town. Made especially good by the excellent, warm and helpful staff in particular Karolina. Highly recommended.

• 7th Jun 2014