Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

Pretty close to the old town and a relaxed atmosphere. Rooms were pretty stuffy though and the beds were the creakiest thing in the word! All in all a pretty good hostel though

Before check-in I expected most luxury :))) hostel. But expectations are not met. Location: 20 min. walking to train and bus station. Not far, but also not close! OLD furniture. Kitchen area not clean. Breakfast is good as for hostel, but all food is cheap. Staff not absolutely helpful. Wi-Fi available only near Reception.

I only slept there for a night but I think the hostel is a bit old. The kitchen is quite small but the breakfast good. The dorm room were I slept had a comfortable bed and the biggest locker ever under the bed, and the staff is OK. But their other hostel is much better. But for what you pay, it is not bad for some nights.

The girls of the receptions were very nice to us, but other ones were super rude. The breakfast said that it was until 11am and and the kitchen it was until 10.30 so we missed it. If that weren't a bad notice, our food was in the garbage. We think it was a rough patch but everything could be better.

• 18th Aug 2015
  • Argentina

Hello, I have to tell you something about my rating of your hostel. It was the worst experience that I ever had with hostels. Everywhere was smell of rotten mixed with chlorine. The walls and the doors were dirty. Our room had flaked away walls and dirty floor. It hadnt anything common with photographs which you show on website. It isnt like retro comunism,this hostel is in real comunism. For almost twenty euro for night it is absolutely impertinent price.

It's a very well located hostel. It's walking distance to the Old Town, Jewish area and the castle. They had a some issues with flooding from a down pour the day I arrived so a few of the facilities were out. But the staff were lovely and really helpful.

This a great hostel with a good atmosphere. Nice basement with a bar and pool table. They also organise different activities during the week. The location is perfect in the jewish Quarter with great night life!

I liked the hostel. It was nice, had a lot to offer. Good breakfast, nice common room. We had a good room. It is a party hostel, with good parties going on in the beer garden. So it is not very quite in the rooms during the evenings. There was a theme night every evening of the week: Drinking games, pub crawl, Pirogie-(polish food)night. So it was a good stay. close to the jewish quarter, where you can go out well in the evenings.

very friendly place with a super cool set up, Lenin's face everywhere. The bar is really nice and it's also great to have the beer garden for the summer. Not a lot of WC and showers but, despite the amount of guests staying when I was there it never was a problem. The location is also perfect, basically just between the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter. Staff super nice and talkative.

This hostel is awsome ! The terrace is perfect to chill out after a long day of walking in the heat, lots of events, lots of people to meet... In 3 days, we went to the lake trip and had some BBQ. :) If you're lazy like us, the coktails in the pub are cheap. There is also a supermarket across the street. But you'll still be able to sleep : matresses are good and, even if some rooms have windows on the terrace, people are respectful and it is relatively calm.

I stayed 9 nights in a 6 person room. Friendly, helpful staff. Chilled atmosphere. WiFi good enough for YouTube but cuts out relatively frequently. Cleaned daily. Lockers sizable. Included breakfast included juice, cereal, bread/toast, and sliced tomato, cheese, cucumber. Free tea/coffee. Bar is chilled, nice area to chill outside. My room was directly off the reception lobby and sometimes music or people talking in the lobby after midnight was too loud.

The staff of GBL provided a friendship for the length of my stay, happy to chat and share a beer or coffee in the garden. Highlights included the ample breakfast, comfortable beds, free laundry, and pleasant location. The kitchen was stocked enough for self-catering. I especially recommend GBL for longer stays.

Hard time sleeping at night because the trams were going by. Extremely hot, no fans or AC. It was worth the money but I wouldn't stay again.

Nice place but dirty.! Plus, toilets are not cleaned every day :(

I've had a great stay! Liked the bar and events that they organize

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Nice and cosy hostel, good people and fun activities in the evenings (I would especially recommend the pub crawl!). The only downside we had was that our room was small and only had one window, which made it very hot and crampy in our room.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

super nice hostel! Lennin is watching you al the time ;) location is good, krakow is small so you can walk everywhere. just a bit loud some nights.

The hostel had a fantastic outside area for socialising as well as having a bar downstairs. The breakfast was good except there was no fruit. Fantastic staff members. You can also book trips from the reception such as Auschwitz etc. Woukd stay here again.

this is a great hostel, friendly staff, bar for meeting people, good breakfast, free towels, activities , 100% I recommend it.

Good friendly hostel with helpful staff and good facilities. Would recommend!

« first « Prev 1 2 3