Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

A really good Hostel with great staff.

• 24th Apr 2015

Towels et pillow too small, perhaps invest in, great confort after that!

• 16th Apr 2015

Goodbye Lenin helped make our stay in Poland amazing! The reception desk staff was extremely helpful the entire time and helped us organize a few excursions and offer suggestions on places to eat around the city. The included extras like breakfast and linen were nice and the facilities were clean. Also, first hostel I've been to where I loved the beds!!

• 11th Apr 2015

I stayed there only for one night but i'm definitely gonna stay there again. The location is great, in walking distance is everything. The staff was awesome and very helpful.

It's a very nice hostel and super value for the money. The room was ok (double room), but small and a bit noisy (there are a lot people for party in Krakow). The showers could need a renovation. The rest was perfect! Just the location is too dificult to find - there is one big sign at the corner Starowislna/Joselewicza and then you are in the street Joselewicza and you don't find the hostal course it's hidden on the right side behind the barrier down a small road.

We stayed for four nights and fell in love with the city, the staff and pirogi. Definitely recommended!

• 3rd Apr 2015

If you want to have a great time stay at this hostel. Staff paid for a dinner for the whole hostel, free vodka shots one night. Best hostel I have ever stayed in. Staff was super friendly and because the hostel is not to large there is a good chance everyone staying there becomes friends. Make sure to go down in the basement, play pool and socialize, and you will have a great time in Kraków.

Hi! I was planning to stay in this Hostel just for a few nights but I ended up staying 8 days. The reason is that I loved this place, there were so many great people there, especially the staff Kasia Karola and Ksenia. My stay was so nice that I didnt want to leave. Hope to be back soon. Thank you girls! See you soon. Renan Quinhoneiro'

I spend a long time in the Good Bye Lenin Hostel, I used to be a long stayer in Krakow, and this one was my best one. Everything is made to make you happy, you have all you need (free laundry, pool and football game, big breakfast....) and a very nice, helpfull and friendly staff. If I had a chance to spend more time here, I'll obviously did. No complain about this Hostel, for me the best in Krakow. I recommend this hostel. Best Regards.

• 21st Feb 2015

Awesome. At every level.

• 19th Feb 2015

There was a great atmosphere at the hostel, all staff members were friendly and happy to answer any questions. It's very close to old town and the Jewish quarter. Free breakfast was a huge bonus too and delicious. The bar wasn't open but we were allowed our own alcohol which was perfectly fine.

• 17th Feb 2015

A good option to stay a few nights. A bit far from the train station and not so easy to find. The bed was comfy. The kitchen is too small. A good free breakfast.

The best hostel I've stayed in, in Krakow. For the price you won't find anywhere better. The location is good, on the edge of the Jewish district and only a ten minute walk to the main square. It has a really good common area with free pool table and table football plus lots of comfy sofas :) Great for meeting people and sharing a few drinks. Best thing about the place is the staff. Karolina, Kasia, Ksenia, Gosia, Aga, Piotr et al were always incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Overall good, especially for the money. Found it a bit more rustic than the GBL in Zakopane. Rooms have thin walls but there's an 11pm sound curfew everywhere except the bar area. Also was rather difficult to find; there's no neon sign or iron gate like the directions say, but a canvas sign and a boom gate. Similar, but confused me enough.

It was a little bit hard to find the hostel at first, but when I managed to find it, I was very glad that it was a nice place. I had no problems there and I found very nice that there was a kitchen available to use. I thought that the decoration was an amazing aspect of the hostel and the bar downstairs was really nice. One thing that I didn't understand, was why the heaters didn't work at night. I am Brazilian and for me the weather in Krakow is really cold. Besides that, the hostel is awesome.

Average price-performance ratio. Chose this hostel because of the affordable prices and the availability of parking. That is a good place to stay to explore the city for a day or two.

Positive: - central location and friendly and helpful staff Negative: - noisy - my 4- beds-room was really cold

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

Breakfast included and it's very good. The assistance to ttourist was great as well

Cool hostel in a great location. Wicked bar and social area to meet people, however the rooms and facilities need upgrading as the hostel seems a bit old now. The couches are pretty mangy and the mattresses could be replaced, the heat isn't working (although reception have us a heater :)), the shower kept falling and the toilet kept running. Also no wifi in the rooms. Recommended if you're laid back and like to meet people

Second time I was there. Staff great as always and the breakfast is the best I've had for free at hostels. Atmosphere was great and the pub downstairs with pool is great fun. The only problem this time was my room's toilet that looked like it spent a couple of days without being cleaned by he staff. Still a frat hostel with several good/cheap restaurants a few blocks away and a huge supermarket right next to it.