Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

Awesome. At every level.

• 19th Feb 2015

There was a great atmosphere at the hostel, all staff members were friendly and happy to answer any questions. It's very close to old town and the Jewish quarter. Free breakfast was a huge bonus too and delicious. The bar wasn't open but we were allowed our own alcohol which was perfectly fine.

• 17th Feb 2015

A good option to stay a few nights. A bit far from the train station and not so easy to find. The bed was comfy. The kitchen is too small. A good free breakfast.

The best hostel I've stayed in, in Krakow. For the price you won't find anywhere better. The location is good, on the edge of the Jewish district and only a ten minute walk to the main square. It has a really good common area with free pool table and table football plus lots of comfy sofas :) Great for meeting people and sharing a few drinks. Best thing about the place is the staff. Karolina, Kasia, Ksenia, Gosia, Aga, Piotr et al were always incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and helpful.

Overall good, especially for the money. Found it a bit more rustic than the GBL in Zakopane. Rooms have thin walls but there's an 11pm sound curfew everywhere except the bar area. Also was rather difficult to find; there's no neon sign or iron gate like the directions say, but a canvas sign and a boom gate. Similar, but confused me enough.

It was a little bit hard to find the hostel at first, but when I managed to find it, I was very glad that it was a nice place. I had no problems there and I found very nice that there was a kitchen available to use. I thought that the decoration was an amazing aspect of the hostel and the bar downstairs was really nice. One thing that I didn't understand, was why the heaters didn't work at night. I am Brazilian and for me the weather in Krakow is really cold. Besides that, the hostel is awesome.

Average price-performance ratio. Chose this hostel because of the affordable prices and the availability of parking. That is a good place to stay to explore the city for a day or two.

Positive: - central location and friendly and helpful staff Negative: - noisy - my 4- beds-room was really cold

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Ukraine

Breakfast included and it's very good. The assistance to ttourist was great as well

1 2 Next » last »