Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

Hello, I have to tell you something about my rating of your hostel. It was the worst experience that I ever had with hostels. Everywhere was smell of rotten mixed with chlorine. The walls and the doors were dirty. Our room had flaked away walls and dirty floor. It hadnt anything common with photographs which you show on website. It isnt like retro comunism,this hostel is in real comunism. For almost twenty euro for night it is absolutely impertinent price.

Dear guest, Although we agree that not everything was perfect during your stay (and I want to assure you that a lot will be done this Autumn and Winter to improve our facilities), we think that your negative opinion is much exagerated and not quite according to facts. Nontheless, we are sorry to hear that your stay was not as good as expected. We promise to do much much better in the future!!

It's a very well located hostel. It's walking distance to the Old Town, Jewish area and the castle. They had a some issues with flooding from a down pour the day I arrived so a few of the facilities were out. But the staff were lovely and really helpful.

Decent location. Friendly staff once you get to know them. The nightly events and outdoor area make for a fun atmosphere. Great value for money too However, the facilities are a bit lacking, the bunk bed I had felt dangerously old and rickety and the wi-fi only works in the common areas.

This a great hostel with a good atmosphere. Nice basement with a bar and pool table. They also organise different activities during the week. The location is perfect in the jewish Quarter with great night life!

I liked the hostel. It was nice, had a lot to offer. Good breakfast, nice common room. We had a good room. It is a party hostel, with good parties going on in the beer garden. So it is not very quite in the rooms during the evenings. There was a theme night every evening of the week: Drinking games, pub crawl, Pirogie-(polish food)night. So it was a good stay. close to the jewish quarter, where you can go out well in the evenings.

very friendly place with a super cool set up, Lenin's face everywhere. The bar is really nice and it's also great to have the beer garden for the summer. Not a lot of WC and showers but, despite the amount of guests staying when I was there it never was a problem. The location is also perfect, basically just between the Old Town and the Jewish Quarter. Staff super nice and talkative.

This hostel is awsome ! The terrace is perfect to chill out after a long day of walking in the heat, lots of events, lots of people to meet... In 3 days, we went to the lake trip and had some BBQ. :) If you're lazy like us, the coktails in the pub are cheap. There is also a supermarket across the street. But you'll still be able to sleep : matresses are good and, even if some rooms have windows on the terrace, people are respectful and it is relatively calm.

I stayed 9 nights in a 6 person room. Friendly, helpful staff. Chilled atmosphere. WiFi good enough for YouTube but cuts out relatively frequently. Cleaned daily. Lockers sizable. Included breakfast included juice, cereal, bread/toast, and sliced tomato, cheese, cucumber. Free tea/coffee. Bar is chilled, nice area to chill outside. My room was directly off the reception lobby and sometimes music or people talking in the lobby after midnight was too loud.

The staff of GBL provided a friendship for the length of my stay, happy to chat and share a beer or coffee in the garden. Highlights included the ample breakfast, comfortable beds, free laundry, and pleasant location. The kitchen was stocked enough for self-catering. I especially recommend GBL for longer stays.

Hard time sleeping at night because the trams were going by. Extremely hot, no fans or AC. It was worth the money but I wouldn't stay again.

Nice place but dirty.! Plus, toilets are not cleaned every day :(

Well, yes, we do clean toilets every day, I want to assure you about that :-) If you noticed dirty facilities, please notify the reception immediately and it will be cleaned.

I've had a great stay! Liked the bar and events that they organize

• 7th Aug 2015
  • Poland

Nice and cosy hostel, good people and fun activities in the evenings (I would especially recommend the pub crawl!). The only downside we had was that our room was small and only had one window, which made it very hot and crampy in our room.

• 2nd Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

super nice hostel! Lennin is watching you al the time ;) location is good, krakow is small so you can walk everywhere. just a bit loud some nights.

The hostel had a fantastic outside area for socialising as well as having a bar downstairs. The breakfast was good except there was no fruit. Fantastic staff members. You can also book trips from the reception such as Auschwitz etc. Woukd stay here again.

this is a great hostel, friendly staff, bar for meeting people, good breakfast, free towels, activities , 100% I recommend it.

Good friendly hostel with helpful staff and good facilities. Would recommend!

Really great atmosphere at Goodbye Lenin. Staff members Kasia and Karola were incredibly welcoming. The event staff Oli and Daisy ensured I had plenty of fun. All in all it was an amazing 5 days in Kraków thanks to the people working and staying at the hostel. Looking forward to coming back!

Great atmosphere, there was something on every night if you wanted to, and great location - right by the jewish quarter.

Hostel is good, it has a fully equipped kitchen, breakfast, they organise activities, location is good, great value for money. The only thing I didn't like is that I booked two nights in a row because I went to Krakow specially to go out and so I can sleep through the morning without having to check out early in the morning, and when I got there they told me I should change room in the morning ruining my plans. Also when I got to the room my locker didn't work. They didn't make me any discount.