Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

Good Bye Lenin Pub and Garden is one of the most fun hostels I've stayed in. The unique decor, location, bar, and awesome staff combine to create a unique experience. Special thanks to Kasia at the front desk, and Alonso, the events manager. I had a wonderful stay.

• 21st Jun 2014

Easy going staff, pool and fussball table, clean kitchen, best provided breakfast on euro tour so far and great vibe. Would stay here again 10/10.

Good Bye Lenin is what a hostel is supposed to be... Everything about it from the occupancy, size of the social areas, bar in the basement, etc. sets it up perfectly to be a really friendly and social atmosphere where everyone can meet each other and hang out. So much credit goes to the staff on making this happen too. Staff like Alonso were more like good friends that staff because they spent so much of their time hanging out with us and making sure we were having fun. Highly recommended!

Good kitchen, free pool table, good bar. Free breakfast wasn't the best but is free.. Super friendly staff!

The hotel had a nice atmosphere, the staff were friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was good. However, the hotel was very noisy at night. You could hear everything in the room we were staying in and there are people coming and going at all hours of the night. A good hostel if you want to party, I would not recommend it if you want a good night's sleep.

I really enjoyed my time there, staff was friendly and atmosphere was relaxed. Hostel was nicely decorated and best part was garden outside or basement common rooms and pub.

Great time had by all, 2 staff members in particular were delightful, their names were Kasia and Carola. This place has a bar which is good for drink. Lovely garden area outside to feel the rhythm of the city. Great music (especially if you want to pardayy) . Great time had by all.

The Hostel was really cool, the theme and décor is amazing and there's a very friendly vibe. The downstairs chillout/bar area is really relaxed and cool. There is always music playing (really good music too) and the free breakfast is really decent (sandwich toppings/nutella/cereal etc). Negatives: we waited a long time to be checked in (they forgot about us and were checking in others before us). There is a lack of plug points in the rooms that don't fit 2 international plugs at once.

Let me tell you, I spent 2 nights in this Hostel after a 3 night stay at Park Inn, Krakow (4 Star Hotel with Sauna etc.). And I must say, I felt more comfortable and better at this Hostel. The lady at the reception Carolina was so kind and generous in her approach and attitude that I felt her like a Sister. If money can buy us this comfort, then I would have got it in Park Inn. But as you know there are few things that money can't buy, and if you need them, you need to spend a night here.

The hostel has a cool basement just perfect to hide from the heat in the summer. I was spending most of my time working, and the hostel offered me great facilities for this purpose. This is quite rare for a hostel.

Great Hostel! Really good vibes, great place to socialise and the beds are the extremely comfortable! The lady of the house is super friendly and goes that extra to help you out. I'd definitely stay here again.

Great homely atmosphere here. Got to know everyone at the hostel on our night there! The beds were a little dated but otherwise a good stay!

Fantastic little hostel right between the Jewish quarter and the old town. Made especially good by the excellent, warm and helpful staff in particular Karolina. Highly recommended.

• 7th Jun 2014

The hostel is conveniently located near both the old town and the Jewish quarter. The facilities were ok, although the hostel was very empty accept for children on school field trips.

Great hostel! Clean, very friendly staff, and very close to Jewish quarter and Old Town. Only problem is the music that plays most of the day. Would recommend

I have stayed at this hostel a couple of times and each time has been fine. The breakfast is nice and the staff is helpful, the only thing is that the internet does not work in most of the rooms, I always have to sit in the lobby or the computer room to get wi-fi, and the mattresses need to be replaced because they are quite sunken. But other than that I had a pleasant stay at Good Bye Lenin and would recommend this hostel.

Very cood clean hostel the employes are ready to help you for everything to book a taxi until to tell you which is the best restaurant. One of the reason that someonw wants to visit krakow must be this hostel.

• 28th May 2014
  • Greece

This place was so cool. The atmosphere is unlike any other hostel I've stayed at. It's worth staying just to experience it. The staff was great, especially Agata K. and Karola! It is in the Jewish district, and so if that is where you are planning to be, it's great, but that also means that it is a 10-15 min walk to lots of places around the main square. For me it was worth it for how cool the place was. They take great care of you!

Great location and staff - located near the Jewish quarter it was an easy walk there and to Old Town. Only thing it was pretty empty while I was there since it was the middle of the week. Also a supermarket and ATM across the street! Definitely recommend this place to others!

This is a great hostel with amazing charisma. Everyone deserves to stay at this place. GBL staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful with any issues I had upon arrival. The decor is the hostel is what really makes this place one of the nicest hostels i've stayed in. It also has a reasonably priced bar with a large common room with a pool, darts and football table. The cold buffet breakfast was also very good to get you on your way in the mornings.

• 17th May 2014