Good Bye Lenin Hostel - Pub & Garden! Reviews

Berka Joselewicza 23 Street, Kazimierz, Krakow, Poland

The most friendly staff we've ever seen! The location is great and the atmosphere was very nice although rather touristy. It was calm enough even though the walls aren't too thick and there were a few partys in the hostel bar downstairs. All in all a very good place to stay!

Great atmosphere and helpful staff, expansive lounge area with pool and fusball tables. Things to be improved: Wifi did not extend to bedroom, only worked in lobby; my bed was not that sturdy and made creaking noise whenever you move; no shades of any kind on windows.

A great atmosphere but the bathrooms were a little disappointing and the lighting in our dorm was bad.

• 1st Apr 2014

Great location halfway between old town and the jewish district. Good enough breakfast for a hostel and also got clean towels. The walls to the rooms seem to be very thin, you can hear everything that happens in the hallway which was fine for me since I sleep with earplugs in hostels. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Is a nice place, very organized.... There are everything that travelers need. There is a kitchen an is closer everything.

The Place is quite, thanks to the padded bedroom doors. Front desk staff very knowledgeable about transportation and key places. Breakfast needs improve. Change instant coffee to real coffee will help a lot.

Fine place to stay. Location was great. The staff helped us with any queries we had straight away. Everything we needed to use was clean but it could benefit from a bit of refurbishment. The main problem we had was that the bar was a bit lacking in atmospehere and I would not describe the hostel as "pub and garden" - more of a bar without the garden. We could hear the music in our room even when no one was in the bar. However, for the price it was pretty good and we enjoyed our stay.

500 characters is not enough to describe the charm of this hostel. Very close to Kazimierz (the jewish quarter, and in my opinion the real heart of Krakow) and a ten minute walk from the Rynek, the hostel is ideally placed, but for the occasional train passing nearby. The 24 hour check-in and extremely helpful yet laid back staff made the stay highly enjoyable. The quality of the mattresses is poor but the lockers are huge and the bar downstairs is always a great place to meet cool new people.

• 22nd Mar 2014

The hostel has got a great atmosphere - mostly thanks to people working there and decor. Big plus for bar and breakfast. Great opportunity to meet great people!

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Spain

A fantastic hostel with a great team of staff. The location is good: very close to the Jewish Square (which has some great pubs and food) and not too far from the main square either (10 mins walk). The hostel has a basement bar and club which is ideal for hanging out and mingling with other guests. Everyone seemed to be happy and open to mixing with oneanother. Though there was a strange solo traveller who was highly dislikable (Hi Alex!). I suspect he's been locked up by now, so don't worry!

Nothing special...Yes, compoters could be better.

Nice staff, good atmosphere, but it was really cold in the hostel :(

Most probably the greatest hostel you'll find in Krakow if you are looking for a place that is well located — in a quiet alley of Kazimierz, the former Jewish district of Krakow — and has character and style. Good Bye Lenin has cozy rooms with huge lockers (the hugest I've seen so far), a very friendly staff and, conveniently, a very nice bar downstairs where the beer and Polish vodkas are cheap. This hostel comes highly recommended.

I've stayed in a good number of hostels and I would certainly put this up there as one of the better ones I've stayed in. The staff were friendly and knowledgable, the breakfast was one of the best I've seen in a hostel, with meats, cheese, tomato, bread, cereals etc and there was a good feel to the place and a nice social bar too. Beds/bathrooms etc were fine for what we paid. We booked an en suite dorm for 6 of us at a great price and it worked out very well. Thanks again for a great stay.

Good cheap hostel not far from the old town. The bar was quiet but we were there during low season.

My time in krakow couldn't have been as lovely and amazing without the help of goodbye Lenin and its staff. GBL has great email communication and was extremely accommodating of our 5:30 am arrival. The bunks and facilities were extremely clean and the downstairs pub was a perfect place to mingle with other guests yet located effectively so sound doesn't carry. Kasia in particular was extremely lovely. She was understanding, polite, and gave us good insight. Mihail was also a wonderful host.

• 14th Feb 2014

I had an awesome time at Good Bye Lenin. The staff were really nice and friendly, it has a great atmosphere and you meet a lot of people just hanging out in the common room downstairs. I seriously would recommend to anyone who visits Krakow! :)

Very helpful receptionists and excellent breakfast for a hostel.

Im travelling around the world, knowing a lot of hostels and i can say this one has a magic underground atmosphere. Situated In a hidden street, gives the impression of being in the past centuries. But the nicest thing, are both girls in the reception, very sympathetic producing great vibes in the air!

1 2 3 Next » last »