Good Bye Lenin Hostel Zakopane Reviews

44 Chlabowka, Zakopane, Poland

The atmosphere is amazing and very friendly. The location is really good, near the national park with great landscape to see. You can hang out at the living room every morning (with free breakfast) or evening and meet with other people. The staff is really helpful and friendly. I would say clearly my best stay at a hostel so far.

The staffs are very friendly and helpful but a bit confused to recognise who works there.The hostel is far away from the city centre and the last bus back is around 20:30(if you want to stay out after this time only taxi).Also the smells of oil really bother me. They use it for the heat and they say you get use to it(not my case) I have migraine and every time I went back to the hostel I have crisis and felt sick. so I would not recommend for who is sensitivity to smells

Not easy to find, GPS coordinate would be nice to put on Homepage. Everything else was find and excellent. The wooden house is the last one in the street, with a pine wood starting in the back.

• 30th Jan 2016
  • Hungary

Reall nice hostel, it was very cozy almost like i was staying at a mates house. I went during the off peak season so theere wasn't alot of people. But the staff help create a great atmosphere. The facilities aren't bad either.

• 13th Jan 2016

The staff was very helpful, they knew what they were talking about,... Everything was clean, there was a good atmosphere, it felt like home.

This is the best hostel that I ever goes! Its really beautiful because it stays in the middle of mountain and it was snowing, one of the best views in Zakopane! The Hostel is very clean, the water was always hot and the people who works there were the best. We arrived in 3, and for that they picked us at the bus station. The breakfast was included! I recommend this hostel ;)

Perfect! So cozy place, friendly staff...I felt like I was at home! So good! Highly recommended!

Lovely place but it's a bit far from town and the buses can be irregular. Having said that would stay here again as the staff were helpful and the place was cosy.

I really enjoyed my stay at Good Bye Lenin. The staff were very helpful and clearly experienced in the mountain trails, providing trail maps and excellent advice. It's a little out of town in a quiet area which I loved and the buses, although it's the low season were not excruciatingly sparse. The kitchen facilities were just fine for preparing meals and there's a small store just up the road. The living area is small but cosy

Nice friendly hostel, ideal for hiking

Nothing but praise for Good Bye Lenin. Not only did I extend my stay two extra nights, but, I feel in love with the atmosphere, the staff and this cozy little hostel I now call home. I've never felt more welcome in a hostel. You enter like you'd enter your own home. Shoes off at the front door (slippers provided) a living area to spend evenings with everyone at the hostel, kitchen , laundry and just an overall warm fuzzies. Highly recommend and can't wait to return! Missing it already....

This hostel was probably one the best hostels I've been to. Not that close to the center but it's a small town so it is still close enough and there are buses. It is worth anyway just for the location in the forest and near some trails. The hostel is really nice, clean and cozy, and the staff is very nice, friendly and arranging. Only stayed there for one night but it was perfect !

Great hostel with an even more incredible location!! Nice atmosphere, just like you are staying at your family cabin.

Cozy little hostel. Great and helpful staff!

Although not the cleanest, which doesnt bother me, this hostel is definately one of the better ones Ive stayed at. Awesome staff and awesome people. Would definately recommend!

Just great, the atmosphere is perfect for a trip to the mountains and the staff is very kind. Also you'll find a lot of guests that are very open and enthusiast, mainly young hikers that love nature as well. Great location if you plan a trip to the Tatra Mountains.

I loved this hostel. Yet at first a bit hard to find but once I did it was great. Walking distance from several beautiful hikes and the city centre. It had a very homey cabin feel with a live in cat and relaxed staff. The room had all of the needed essentials with a provided under bunk key lock for safe storage, ensuite bathroom, plug sockets, free breakfast in the morning and noon checkout. Also there is a great front porch you can sit on after take advantage of the free tea and coffee.

Awesome little hostel! Hard to find at night, but otherwise it was great. No one spoke Polish while I was there, because it was full of foreigners traveling through Europe (backpacking, cycling, etc). There was a really nice community atmosphere and everyone was just happy to be together.

Definitely recommend this hostel! The hostel itself if small and cozy so it's easy to meet people, and with breakfast is great value for money! Staff brilliant! Had a great time should have stayed longer

Location is excellent except getting there from the bus station can be a bit of a challenge

• 20th Sep 2015