Good Bye Lenin Hostel Zakopane Reviews

44 Chlabowka, Zakopane, Poland

Had the best few days here even extending our stay and when they were full and we had to leave they let us camp in the garden which was a great experience, a great place to meet new people and explore the mountains! Will be coming back!

While GBL is a little removed from the city that is kind of what adds to its charm. The beds were super comfortable and it really made me feel like I was camping in the great outdoors - all that's missing is a bonfire.

Goodbye Lenin is one the nicest hostels I have stayed at in my time in Europe! The hostel itself is a great size, small enough to get to know everyone but large enough to keep you entertained. The loving and friendly staff managed to turn my two nights stay into four! I will definitely be back!

Such a lovely hostel I am hoping to go back!! Fantastic location right opposite an entry to the national park. Wonderful friendly homey atmosphere with a great social scene. Can't guarantee you'll get a quiet night's sleep but you'll be happy anyway :D definitely one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in :D thank you guys!!

This was one of the best hostels I have ever been to. I stayed at this hostel for 4 nights which is the longest I have ever been at any hostel -and I could easily have stayed longer! The staff and people there were incredibly friendly and helpful. I felt at home and welcome which is so important to feel when you are traveling. The hostel is small allowing for that more homely and 'intimate' atmosphere -everybody was friends instantly. Great Great Great place and I advise anybody to go there!!

• 14th Jun 2015
  • South Africa

Great hostel! My favorite so far in my euro trip! The staff is incredible, super nice and always available to help! Equipped kitchen, laundry in the hostel (at a cost), printer, nice living room, walking distance to the Tatras, and free ride from the bus station at your arrival/departure. Thank you Marzena and your team for a great stay in Zakopane!

Fantastic cabin, prime location to great hikes and super helpful and friendly staff

Fantastic hostel. Great facilities, excellent location and best staff around. Couldn't ask for more.

Fantastic staff, national park on your doorstep, great beds. Stay here.

Awesome hostel for young hikers like us!

Lovely people working there, GORGEOUS location. Everything was perfect. One things is the rooms are very small, didn't bother me at all, though. Completely insignificant to what a wonderful stay we had. =) Definitely recommend! Thanks for everything

• 19th May 2015

Perfect location right next to the entrance of the national park. The staff are really friendly and helpfull! Hostel is clean and safe, and the atmosphere was really nice! I had three perfect days at this hostel.

Everything about the hostel felt cozy, welcoming, and like coming home. Staff were super knowledgeable about local trails to explore and restaurants to try. We highly recommend going to the nearby restaurant with the giant orange silverware outside of it (on your way into town, 10 minutes walk from the hostel). The hostel kitty was also an extra treat to come back to for some cuddle time after a long days hike. We highly recommend this hostel!

This is the best hostel we have ever stayed in - everything was perfect; I couldn't fault it. The staff are lovely, the location is beautiful, there is a cat, everyone else who was staying there at the time was fantastic. It was so chilled out. It's basically my second home. Everyone went out for a meal - staff and guests - and drinks in the town together, and they gave us all the information we needed. We only booked 4 nights but ended up staying for 6 because we couldn't bear to leave

FANTASTIC HOSTEL. One of the best I've ever stayed at, complete with resident cat. Staff are simply wonderful and it's just like staying in an alpine hut. Cosy, friendly and comfortable. Felt like family. I'll be back.

• 14th May 2015

We really enjoyed the stay at GBL hostel last week! However, we think that you should definitely mention in the description that there is a cat in the house. Many people are allergic to cat hair and would not be able to stay at the hostel.

An absolute gem of a hostel- very close to a lot of the trails and staff are very knowledgable about hiking, skiing, snowboarding and places to explore and happy to help. They hire out all the gear you need at a very cheap price and will give you a lot of good advice as well as maps. Awesome atmosphere, friendly resident cat and free tea and coffee. Bliss.

A hostel you would want to move-in to from the instance you walk in! A bit further away from the city, very peaceful, a perfect place for the mountains. The staff are very welcoming and very helpful in planning activities like hiking, skiing etc. A really cool hostel!

Great staff, very helpful, nice people and easygoing, definitely my favorite aspect of the hostel. Location is great to being disconnected of the daily city-chaos, but without being in the middle of nowhere. Never been in such clean and neat hostel before. Totally felt like at home. Looking forward to be back. If youre looking for an unique experience; multicultural, funny and relaxing, this is the place to be.

A beautiful log cabin with a warm homely atmosphere. Awesome team of staff with a great understanding of the local area and Tatry mountains. Staff were always willing to help with questions and suggestions. Situated very close to national park (across the road). Tidy common room. Clean kitchen. Huge lockers. Great shower. Free breakfast! What more do you want? THE BEST HOSTEL I have stayed in!!!

• 17th Feb 2015