Good Bye Lenin Hostel Zakopane Reviews

44 Chlabowka, Zakopane, Poland

This is the best hostel we have ever stayed in - everything was perfect; I couldn't fault it. The staff are lovely, the location is beautiful, there is a cat, everyone else who was staying there at the time was fantastic. It was so chilled out. It's basically my second home. Everyone went out for a meal - staff and guests - and drinks in the town together, and they gave us all the information we needed. We only booked 4 nights but ended up staying for 6 because we couldn't bear to leave

FANTASTIC HOSTEL. One of the best I've ever stayed at, complete with resident cat. Staff are simply wonderful and it's just like staying in an alpine hut. Cosy, friendly and comfortable. Felt like family. I'll be back.

• 14th May 2015

We really enjoyed the stay at GBL hostel last week! However, we think that you should definitely mention in the description that there is a cat in the house. Many people are allergic to cat hair and would not be able to stay at the hostel.

An absolute gem of a hostel- very close to a lot of the trails and staff are very knowledgable about hiking, skiing, snowboarding and places to explore and happy to help. They hire out all the gear you need at a very cheap price and will give you a lot of good advice as well as maps. Awesome atmosphere, friendly resident cat and free tea and coffee. Bliss.

A hostel you would want to move-in to from the instance you walk in! A bit further away from the city, very peaceful, a perfect place for the mountains. The staff are very welcoming and very helpful in planning activities like hiking, skiing etc. A really cool hostel!

Great staff, very helpful, nice people and easygoing, definitely my favorite aspect of the hostel. Location is great to being disconnected of the daily city-chaos, but without being in the middle of nowhere. Never been in such clean and neat hostel before. Totally felt like at home. Looking forward to be back. If youre looking for an unique experience; multicultural, funny and relaxing, this is the place to be.

A beautiful log cabin with a warm homely atmosphere. Awesome team of staff with a great understanding of the local area and Tatry mountains. Staff were always willing to help with questions and suggestions. Situated very close to national park (across the road). Tidy common room. Clean kitchen. Huge lockers. Great shower. Free breakfast! What more do you want? THE BEST HOSTEL I have stayed in!!!

• 17th Feb 2015

Awesome staff and homey atmosphere, good people, perfect location for hiking in the national park but a bit far out for skiing (though it is easily accessible by bus!).

The hostel is not in the center of Zakopane, but it is not a problem because you can take a bus, a taxi or even walk. The hostel has a very good vibe, the staff is super helpfull. Maybe they could offer a better breakfast, I did not care if i had to pay some zlots for that. If I back to Zakopane, I think I will choose "Good bye Lenin" again.

Awesome staffs and city. I would come back as many times as I could.

An incredibly comfortable hostel, managed by a lovely staff, which will be pleased to help you in anyway. Although the hostel is a bit far from the center (5 minutes by bus), the location is perfect if you want have some hiking in the beautiful national park of Tetras.

Staff, as usual, make a hostel: these folks are some of the best. Many thanks for your couthy attitude, good people. This couthiness - bequem, gemuetlich in German - also sums up the comfy common room. Wooden lodge with kitten that jumps on toy blue lobster on stick, and has doggy personality. Dorm fine. The icy path up from the main road could be doing with a bit of grit, but so could most of Zako's pavements. 3km out of town, well served by wee regular buses. Goodbye Len: missing you already.

Very homely hostel, I loved it. Seems to be an old log house that has been converted. Was quiet when I went (early Jan), but quite nice. Has everything you need; not as modern as some newer city hostels but personally I prefer it that way. Lockers had no keys, but that wasn't an issue. Great value for money and a 10min walk from the (also cheap) Nosal ski centre if you want to have a crack at skiing or snowboarding on the nursery slopes.