Good Bye Lenin Hostel Zakopane Reviews

44 Chlabowka, Zakopane, Poland

The staff at GBL are fantastic!! Very friendly and even with our group of 12, which in some cases could be quite intimidating, they still sat in with us and conversed! Extremely helpful and couldn't do enough to help us with transport, information about snow slopes and with food.

• 20th Feb 2014

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay in Zakopane. The staff here were very friendly and helpful regarding information about the area and skiing.

A great little hostel in the middle of the forest. I had a great time here snowboarding. The staff are amazing, and Stan the owner even took us for a day trip to Slovakia for snowboarding one day. If you are staying in Zakopane and want to participate in Snowsports and other activities the guys will give you info and sort out all your gear. One of the best hostels I've stayed at in 6 months around Europe.

This is a fantastic little hostel that really helps you with what you want to do: get to the slopes and go skiing. The staff were great (especially Anna the Swede on reception!) and the common area was warm and friendly. The equipment they have for hire really helps, especially the ski clothes that you would otherwise have to rent at the slopes.

Stayed in Zakopane 3 times over the last few years, this was the best place to stay, a peaceful place but at the same time, a tendency to get lively during the evening. Skiing round the corner, cheap taxis and minibuses able to arrive at very short notice, which compliment the fragmented nature of the skiing locations. Cheers, Charlie.

We had a nice time staying here. Zakopane was quite quiet, which put a bit of a dampener on the experience, but the staff were always happy to ring us a taxi or organise transport to the ski slopes. The hostel was a bit far out of the town but was very reachable through very cheap taxis

Staff seemed to be stoned while we were there and offered nothing in terms of fun or entertainment, they were pleasant and helpful when asked questions though. The hostel is located wushu a distance outside zakopane town which wasn't ideal.

• 26th Jan 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

A perfect log cabin right in between the slopes/trails and the town. The bus stop is right out of the driveway and very close to the little town, a 2 minute walk to the wooden church in Jaszczarówka, across the street from a good hiking/xcountry ski trail, and not too far from good ski slopes and the hike to Morskie Oko. Staff were incredibly friendly and helpful with what to do and how to get around. Loved it here!

We had a great stay here,one of our fav hostels we have been too do far!

The GBL is a very nice hostel near the forest but easy walk distance from the city (20 min). The room was nice, the staff were friendly and there was a breakfast too - not common. I really recommend to anyone.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Hungary

Great hostel would recommend it to anyone going to zakopane Great place to snowboard and ski

Thank you for a great stay I had in Zakopane. Your staff are very friendly and helpful. I had a wonderful time. (^_^)

Really awesome hostel with great atmosphere. I will definitely be returning at some stage :)

Friendly staff and guests, low key and fun atmosphere. Ryan and Viktor (staff) are doing a great job!! Breakfast is included but with few choices. Kitchen space is tiny but manageable. Very clean and accommodating. Well located for access to national park and outdoor areas but a bit out of town. (We are a couple plus 2 daughters in their 20s). Great place, would definitely return!

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

Although located a bit on the border of Zakopane, I just had to try this one out for once. I like the wooden house, and it is in the area with an interesting hiking course and the Nosal. the cheerful international staff is very helpful and always available for a chat. They asked me many times what my plans were for the day and if everything was OK. I enjoyed that, especially after staying in a couple of hostels where Polish employees don't say anything unless you ask specifically for something,

This is a must for anyone visiting zakopanne or even poland ! This hostel is in the most beautiful location i have ever been too . This hostel is itself lovely , and i cannot Believe how cheap it is for such a unique place. The staff were sooo helpful and lovely, we arrived with not long until sunset and they were really great and just let us dump our stuff and helped us to make the most of our short stay. One of the best by far for both the location and amazing staff !