Grampa's Hostel Reviews

pl sw Macieja 2/1, Wroclaw, Poland

Quite a bit out of the way, but a really nice place overall. Large common room, good kitchen, showers were always hot with good pressure. Lockers are small, only for valuables. No individual light or outlet by each bed, which was annoying.

Not a bad hostel-a bit far out from the centre. It was clean. They could definitely do with more showers/toilets! Every time I went to the toilet I had to wait. The dorm doors were so big and heavy that they slammed every time they were opened,waking everyone up! Friendly staff though,and a nice common room!

a bit of a hike from the main bus and train stations but they make up for it by having good facilities. a 23hr shop right next door. 10min walk to the city centre. nice kitchen to play with. friendly staff. a good allround hostel.

Grear einexpensive hostel, I really appreciated my stay. Some comments: do enforce your "no noise after 10pm" policy the directions to your hostel were quite confusing when coming from tram 15 ;)

I'd stay there again, but. . . Tiny lockers. while the hostel itself was nice the building it's in is covered in graffiti and smelled of urine. no locks on the room and the front desk buzzes up everyone once they push the button so security needs work. kind of a bit of a walk to get to anything.

Very clean and modern hostel with free breakfast and good common area. Small lockers to store valuables in room. You don't need a key to access the main building and usually the dorm rooms are unlocked, so this could pose a security issue. It is possible to get a room key (if you leave a deposit) but if no other people in the dorm use this system then it's a bit pointless. A little out of the centre but only a short walk to most attractions. Staff not the friendliest.

Perfect place to stay.

An excellent stay at a very fun and interesting hostel. Everything to see in Wroclaw is within walking distance of the hostel, no need for taxis or driving. All of the staff were both friendly and professional. They were very good at pointing out locations to explore, bars to drink at, and activities to participate in. The hostel itself had a very close and welcoming atmosphere, where you could tell the owner took personal pride in his business. Every part of the experience felt fresh and fun.

It was our pleasure having you here guys! See you soon in Wrocław! :) Olga Grampa's Hostel manager

never seen such a spotless place before - been to ***hotels andmost of them can't boast of such cleanliness. they don't mention unlimited free coffee, tea and cocoa on their site - came as a nice surprise!

i meet nice polish girls in kitchen. want to stay there again :)

GREAT LOCATION and GREAT PRICE. Rooms and facilities were very clean and staff were really helpful. Unfortunately, there were not many visitors on the days I was there, but this is certainly due to the period I chose to visit Wroclaw: Chistmas holidays were over and I stayed in the city from Wednesday to Friday.

Had a wonderful experience in the cheapest price. The dorm, kitchen, common area everything is too good and you got more than the money you pay.

Great hostel, free laundry (just pay for soap), really nice staff, great common area.

I really liked this hostel.It was nice,clean and cheap! I was very comfortable!!Showers are really nice,good flow,good space,good temperature!Rooms are also pretty big and the beds are good too! All the hostel it's pretty new and in very good condition!The building from the outside might look a bit old, but the important thing is the inside! I can't say anything bad about it! Location: it's not right in the center, but it's only 10-15 min easy walk!Easy to find Thank you and congratulations!

• 29th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Great staff, excellent atmosphere at the hostel. They can give You really good ideas for extra activities in Wrocław. I fully recommend you that place!

Tomek - why hostels can't review their guests??? So unfair - we would leave you 100% for awesomeness :) Thanks for the review and see you asap! :)))

I know it's a detail, but I was ill and I felt cold, so I wanted a extrablanket : they just answered me "we are full, we don't have any extrablanket.". So, with everything that can happen in a hostel, they don't have ANY extrablanket?! Or they just don't want to give me one? In both cases, I'm not gaving a very good grate for this reason.

Hey Laura, Thanks for your review! Unfortunately that's true, we ran out of the blankets. My only concern is why would you think we didn't want to give you one..? Our staff really do their best to help everyone the best way possible. I'm really sorry we didn't manage this time! :( Olga Grampa's Hostel manager

I like the lock pad system, just leave a deposit

And we like your review! :) Thanks so much! Hasta pronto!

It is amazing the treatment my frind and I received at this hostel. For the low price it had, we thought it would be a cave. But we got a surprise as it's great hostel, it's definitely the best hostel I've ever been. And all receptionists very pretty. Check it by yourself.

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Spain

Hey Jose! Haha, Cave Hostel will be our new project ;-) You inspired us, man! See you in Wrocław :)

We only had a one-night stay at this hostel to catch our flight from Wroclaw airport the next morning. The staff was very nice and friendly. The atmosphere in the hostel was great and cleanliness was perfect. We would recommend this place to everyone who would like to stay in Wroclaw.

Thomas! So happy to see this review! Hopefully your next time in Wrocław won't be just 1 night and you'll enjoy this awesome city even more! See you at Grampa's!

I have really enjoyed my stay in this Hostel. Staff of reception was really friendy, experienced and ALWAYS willing to help. Breakfast & WiFi signal couldn't be better. Location is excellent because there is little shop next door. Everything was excellent except the fact that my bin was emptied just one time. ... But I look forward to visiting this Hostel again.

• 23rd Oct 2013
  • juricekerik387
  • Slovakia

Dear Erik! Thanks for this amazing review and sorry for the bin! Next time you're here it won't happen :))