Grampa's Hostel Reviews

pl sw Macieja 2/1, Wroclaw, Poland

Confortable bed, nice staff, dirty toilet

• 22nd Nov 2014

Short walk to the old town square, spacious dorm rooms and very friendly staff. I would certainly stay here next time I'm in Wroclaw. Very comfortable.

Everything was perfect !!

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

we're always happy to read such awesome reviews. thank you!

Najlepszy hostel we Wrocławiu!!! blisko rynku, świetna atmosfera oraz sobotnie wyjścia na podbój wrocławskich barów dyskotek i innego rodzaju rozrywek :) Pozdrawiam panie z recepcji służące zawsze pomocą :)

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Panie z recepcji również pozdrawiają ;)

Security with key was a bit quaint. But otherwise fantastic. Spacious. Wifi one of the best with backup it always worked! Lots of polish people stay here.

This was a good choice for somewhere to stay - great facilities and everything was clean, in particular the staff were incredibly helpful and really nice.

Great hostel, friendly helpful staff, good kitchen and bathrooms, good beds, walking distance from old town sights and nightlife, far from bus and train station but only about ten minutes by tram

thanks for a great review!

Not what we expected at all from the review. The stairs were musky and people kept the light on past midnight. The neighborhood location was a dump. Would never stay there again!!!

• 4th Oct 2014

To be honest I am very surprised. Our neighborhood looks like hundreds of thousands of other neighborhoods across Western Poland or Easter Germany. Calling it a dump is not really fair just because the buildings are old and dating back from before WW1. Sure the stairwell leading to our hostel is musky, but you say nothing about the hostel itself which is modern + newly renovated. Most of all, as the owner I feel offended because you are not even reviewing our hostel - just the outside of it.

The appartment was very nice, very confortable and for the price I would totally recomend. Also the location is very well comunicated, 4 lines of underground that take you every where in the city and plenty of buses. Very close to the famous Zoologischer Garten, where you find where to make your shopping. And also the tenant very nice person. Will repeat for sure!

Travelling solo and stayed on a Friday night. Nothing was going in terms of events so it was a bit boring (possibly a fault of my own expectations). Otherwise everything else was good, it's a short walk into the old town.

We try to organise pub crawls for our guests as often as we can, but it's not always possible. Hopefully one day you come back and we will have a great and a big party together on a Friday (or any other) night ;)

A good hostel with good staff and location. but what I don't like in this hostel is hard to go out to street to smoke a cigerreates. every things except that is worth to book.

Really enjoyed my stay here

Great hostel with all the trimmings, wasn't very busy when I was there as season was slowing down but can imagine it would be even better with a good crew of people there!

A really comfortable hostel with friendly staff and great value for money. The place was spotless the whole time I was there and the facilities (kitchen, bathroom, common room) were the best I've had whilst in poland

Great atmosphere. Owner of the hostel is awesome and very friendly. Would definitely recommend

:) thank you

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was a short walk from main square. This hostel has everything a traveller needs. Was very clean and comfortable. Good facilities such as common room and washing machine for free. Excellent value for money!

Fantastic crepes

• 15th Aug 2014

thanks! we are happy to hear that our receptionists' additional skills are appreciated by you :)

I really enjoyed my stay at Grampa's Hostel. The place is modern, clean, spacious. There is a big common area with a great design and good vibe. Staff is very helpful and easy-going (greetings to blong techno receptionist). I didn't mind that there is no key system to the room, but I think you should definitely install cctv to make your guests feel comfortable & safe. You will find very nice park around the hostel. Also, it's a 10 min walking distance to the main market.

Thanks for a great review! We always listen to our guests' suggestions and try to improve the hostel, so thank you for the advice about security. We have some ideas and maybe next time you come there will be some changes already :)

Excellent hostel. Very friendly staff. Great atmosphere and the facilities were fantastic. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.