Grampa's Hostel Reviews

pl sw Macieja 2/1, Wroclaw, Poland

We stayed for anly one night but we' spend a great time in here ! One of the best hostel I've been into, really clean, nice people, perfect staff, always welcoming and available, really nice rooms : we felt like home !

• 6th Mar 2015

I stayed here for a week and it was fantastic. This hostel has a great homely feel. The staff are awesome. They go out of their way to find information on activies, great to chat with and even took me out for a night in the town! Such a friendly atmosphere. The facilities are fantastic - always clean, fully equipped kitchen, great lounge room and a good free breakfast! Great hostel, great city. I can't recommend Wroław and Grampa's hostel enough! I hope to come back very soon!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Cool place for awsome people :)

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Poland

I was in Poland in the middle of winter so it's a little unfair for me to judge "atmosphere" because my friend and I were basically the only ones there. The staff was pretty nice and the included breakfast was good. The whole place was super clean, there were lockers and a nice big common room.

Staff are awesome, all really lovely and able to help, even with rather strange requests!! Nice common area, wifi all strong. Breakfast really decent!! Definitely head back there if I ever get back to Wrocław!!

The bathroom hand towels need to be changed out on a daily basis or at least every couple days *they weren't changed the whole 5 days I was there. Also my room was never swept so dirt & crumbs from my roommates accumulated over the days & the trashcan in our room was never emptied & was overflowing. The common room & kitchen were nice (new more comfortable couch would be good) & the free breakfast was ok. Quick walk into the main city/sites & easy to get to on the tram from main station!

hands down one of the best hostels I've stayed at. value for money it doesn't get much better there was everything you needed and more, the staff are so helpful and speak fluent English, everything was clean and tidy the location is really good too I can't recommend this hostel enough and wroclaw is a gem

Confortable bed, nice staff, dirty toilet

Cute place just outside city centre. Great common space. Rooms seem fine, good kitchen. Overall a solid choice.

Short walk to the old town square, spacious dorm rooms and very friendly staff. I would certainly stay here next time I'm in Wroclaw. Very comfortable.

Everything was perfect !!

• 25th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

we're always happy to read such awesome reviews. thank you!

Najlepszy hostel we Wrocławiu!!! blisko rynku, świetna atmosfera oraz sobotnie wyjścia na podbój wrocławskich barów dyskotek i innego rodzaju rozrywek :) Pozdrawiam panie z recepcji służące zawsze pomocą :)

• 20th Oct 2014
  • Poland

Panie z recepcji również pozdrawiają ;)

Security with key was a bit quaint. But otherwise fantastic. Spacious. Wifi one of the best with backup it always worked! Lots of polish people stay here.

This was a good choice for somewhere to stay - great facilities and everything was clean, in particular the staff were incredibly helpful and really nice.

Great hostel, friendly helpful staff, good kitchen and bathrooms, good beds, walking distance from old town sights and nightlife, far from bus and train station but only about ten minutes by tram

thanks for a great review!

Not what we expected at all from the review. The stairs were musky and people kept the light on past midnight. The neighborhood location was a dump. Would never stay there again!!!

• 4th Oct 2014

To be honest I am very surprised. Our neighborhood looks like hundreds of thousands of other neighborhoods across Western Poland or Easter Germany. Calling it a dump is not really fair just because the buildings are old and dating back from before WW1. Sure the stairwell leading to our hostel is musky, but you say nothing about the hostel itself which is modern + newly renovated. Most of all, as the owner I feel offended because you are not even reviewing our hostel - just the outside of it.

The appartment was very nice, very confortable and for the price I would totally recomend. Also the location is very well comunicated, 4 lines of underground that take you every where in the city and plenty of buses. Very close to the famous Zoologischer Garten, where you find where to make your shopping. And also the tenant very nice person. Will repeat for sure!

Travelling solo and stayed on a Friday night. Nothing was going in terms of events so it was a bit boring (possibly a fault of my own expectations). Otherwise everything else was good, it's a short walk into the old town.

We try to organise pub crawls for our guests as often as we can, but it's not always possible. Hopefully one day you come back and we will have a great and a big party together on a Friday (or any other) night ;)