Grampa's Hostel Reviews

pl sw Macieja 2/1, Wroclaw, Poland

Pro's: warm, informative welcome; great communal areas (massive lounge and kitchen); clean, spacious bathrooms; warm & cosy; excellent entertainment facilities and suggestions; comfy beds and proper duvets; very secure! Con's: horrible pillows (like lumpy oatmeal in a sack) and a little bit out of town, but this was easily combatted with public transport and ridiculously cheap taxis. Overall, lovely hostel with a cosy, chilled vibe - would definitely stay again.

Evening events were great! Bathrooms were clean if a bit cold (but dead of January so I understand). Kitchen was spacious and lounge area, very atmospheric. Lockers were a proper size. However I was confused by the lack of key for entry to the hostel and my room. We had 24 hr reception, but one could honestly let anyone into the hostel and then none of the individual doors were locked (to my knowledge). With all that said, I personally felt safe and loved the free evening cooking events :)

Free dinner!!!

• 4th Jan 2016

I love the atmosphere and the staff. So far it's the grooviest and friendliest one in our Europe trip. And to feel at home we don't need to join pub crawl or something. Location won't be a problem in Wroclaw - the city is small. Everything is close to the centre. But the hostel is quite far from tram stop, so it's a bit of a hassle to bring your luggage to.

The atmosphere was really nice and the staff really helpful. All the facilities that we needed, such as a parking and breakfast were included, it was a really nice place.

Very cozy place with extremely helpful staff. On my first night there I was treated like a friend, and the staff gave me a list of their favorite bars and cafes, all of which were hidden gems. It was a bit slow due to the season and I stayed during the week, but it didn't stop me from making friends at the hostel. I'd like to come back especially during the weekend, Wroclaw is a very hip town.

Lovely hostel to stay in - nice staff who gave me a mini tour of the hostel and made me feel very welcome. I was a bit skeptical when arriving as the front door/stairs didn't look great (not a nice smell, dark and dingy) but I was very pleased once I had actually arrived inside the hostel area as it was lovely, colourful and bright! - so don't be put off but first impressions! Great hostel to stay in if you're on a budget, not too far from the main centre and good to see a different area :-)

there were two huge groups when we were there who so inconsiderately came back to the hostel at 3am every night and yelled and screamed at the top of their lungs and banged on things. one receptionist tells them to shut up but the others don't which was a little annoying BUT!! I LOVED the hostel. it was in the PERFECT location and my room was so peaceful and had the most beautiful room. at has a nice homey atmosphere and the kitchen and common space is large! the staff were really helpful!!!!

Really nice hostel :)

Very easy to get to old town Wroclaw from here. Short walk to a tram station and then just a few stops from there. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the facilities were clean. Breakfast was pretty nice as well!

One of the best hostels I have stayed in. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good too.

Kitchen was good. Bathrooms were amazing. However, security is non existent. Anyone can walk in off the street and staff don't check that you're a guest. And the rooms don't lock. The only lockers in the rooms are tiny for valuables only and they don't seem that secure.

Super hostel, had a great stay. Highly reccomend if you are visiting Wroclaw.

• 11th Nov 2015

Great hostel, unfortunately there weren't many people there when I was there so it was very quiet.

Nice and confortable beds. Nice staff, very friendly. Clean bathrooms, quite impressive. Breakfast included and nice :) Something bad ? Maybe the location, not sooo close to the center, but come on walk 15 minutes is healthy. And they have free parking if you go by car !

The staff was really nice, they gave you recommendations of what to do or where to go, they even made some muffins to share with everybody. The place was clean and it had a big kitchen with everything. It was also near the old town and you had a lot of minimarkets near the hostel.

Even though we stayed there only one night, we really loved this hostel! I will for sure return there one day. :)

We had the private double which had comfortable loft bed, it was a great break from dorms and a good value. Location a bit of a walk to centre and close to the tram. Staff was very helpful.

Place was very nice and staff was helpful, but atmosphere was not overly welcoming or enjoyable.

This place is amazing! The owner and the rest of the staff are trying their best to help you with suggestions and ideas. We were staying for two nights and we had an amazing time! They even had normal coffee for breakfast. Rooms were pretty clean and the facilities didn't seem to be old at all. The common room is quite cosy and you can use it to watch films and stuff when you're not really into going out. Go there and get yourself a burger with goat cheese at the hipster restaurant closeby.

« first « Prev 1 2 3