Grampa's Hostel Reviews

pl sw Macieja 2/1, Wroclaw, Poland

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was a short walk from main square. This hostel has everything a traveller needs. Was very clean and comfortable. Good facilities such as common room and washing machine for free. Excellent value for money!

Fantastic crepes

• 15th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Grampa's Hostel. The place is modern, clean, spacious. There is a big common area with a great design and good vibe. Staff is very helpful and easy-going (greetings to blong techno receptionist). I didn't mind that there is no key system to the room, but I think you should definitely install cctv to make your guests feel comfortable & safe. You will find very nice park around the hostel. Also, it's a 10 min walking distance to the main market.

Excellent hostel. Very friendly staff. Great atmosphere and the facilities were fantastic. Would definitely stay there again and recommend to others.

I loved this hostel! Very clean and great atmosphere.

• 25th Jul 2014

Clean hostel, good location, friendly staf. But when I was there, there was no atmosphere. Despite that it was high season, there weren't many people staying at the hostel. If you are on a holiday with friends, its a great place to spend a few nights. If you travel alone and want to meet people, then there are better places to stay in Poland.

Very convenient.

thanks man! :)

too far from the center square for my taste but other than that it's a pretty cool place.

Hey, thanks for a feedback ;)

Spacious dorm rooms. Clean hostel. I would recommend a stay here.

Hey Camille thank you for your feedback, it was lovely having you at Grampa's :) Good luck on your further journey!

Didn't really spend much time here, came in late and passed out until check out time. The entrance way seems really dank but once you're inside the hostel its all very clean and modern.

Hey man, hope you enjoyed your time in the city :) make sure you'll stick around at the hostel a bit longer, it's worth it!

Staff and Atmosphere are Excellent++ !

Thanks for a feedback Aki! :)

a great hostel. a short tram ride from the station, walking distance to old city. a great place to meet new people - common room, kitchen, 24 hour reception. friendly staff including the owner.

Great hostel but the pub crawls need alot of work waited for 3 hours for it to start then just left on my own. but great atmosphere and free laundry!

The hostel is clean and beautiful, it is perfect if you want to relax because it is very quiet, no music and not too much atmosphere to meet people.

I had no idea what to expect from a hostel that says "Have you slept with Grampa yet?" but I had a blast! Due to a mixup at reception I was given a single room for free my first night, where I thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality. The staff are all very friendly, and I fell in love with 1 or 5 of them women who work there. The internet was extremely fast, great showers to enjoy yourself, and the location a 10 minutes from the main square. Will definitely return! And no Grampa that is not a threat.

Just loved it! I stayed for only one night, but it was awsome. For me the location os pretty ok. The staff is just awesome. Really friendly and helpful. They even helped me to say Happy Birthday in Polish, witch I still think I didn't make it. Really clean hostel and beds. Awesome!

Great hostel. Great location, clean, spacious. Even has FIFA.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks a lot for the feedback! Best of luck!

Lack of atmosphere and sociability here. Never any music in the common room and most people kept to themselves, but I did meet a few cool people. There aren't pub crawls, just one girl who occasionally goes along if you're going out anyway. Kitchen and dorms are good, lockers are big enough for a standard laptop and close with an actual padlock. Laundry is FREE, you just have to buy soap. The receptionist with short hair was really nice, others were hit or miss. Wifi was finicky/selective.

Great staff. Great facilities. Great value.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

the hostel was kept very clean and the breakfast was nice. The beds and the rooms were also kept very clean and the common room was open with lots of places to sit. It was kind of annoying that we had to ask for the one key to the room each time we wanted to get into the room, but it's cost effective I guess for the hostel and they don't have to ask for a key deposit. The lockers were small.

Hey, thanks for the feedback, good remarks, we'll look into that. Best wishes!