Green Forest Hostel Reviews

110-25, South Zhongshan Rd, Guilin, China

Good value for money. Nice location, easy to find. Lounge area is very nicely spaced, communal, but you can also have your own privacy. Staff very helpful. Tours provided were average price for Guilin (although I think tours in general in the Guilin area are a little over priced). I would not recommend the deluxe room with the river view as it was usually a bit noisy, but it was an extra 10RMB, so not a problem.

we are so glad to have you in our hotel and thanks for you feeback,and welcome back.

The hostel had a lovely atmosphere and a good variety of food. The bar/restaurant area was nice and relaxed, as well as the general feel for the place. It was clean and the facilities were great. I especially appreciated the help I received to book a train to my next destination. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Overall we had a good stay here, our only recommendation would be that they provide their hostel name and address in Chinese in their booking confirmation email. We struggled to follow the directions that they had provided (getting a taxi/walking).

Pleasant hotel, very good location, quiet, staff very nice and speaking English, good food at the restaurant, menu in English and European breakfast.

• 30th May 2014

Really nice dorm rooms, with own bathroom. Rooms are in a corridor where people are asked to be quite, while they can have fun in the common room. All in all, really nice place and nice people- but there is not much to do in Guilin.

thanks for your feedback,and we are glad that you enjoy the time in our hotel,Guilin is small city but have it's charaters ,enjoy your trip in China .

The staff is amazing. They have a nice common room and the location is also great. The beds are too hard and the bathroom needs some improvement. Overall nice.

Hi there,thanks so much for your feedback,we are very pround of our hostels location and we will try our best to improve the service to make you feel home during your stay,have a good day.

The hostel was very good, in a great location. Our room was very nice as well. The common room is also nice (though there is a cat wandering about, and my spouse is allergic - so it was a problem for us to stay there for long periods of time). Overall we liked it, and we already booked another night on our way back from Yang Shou!

thanks for your feedback,and we are happy to having you in our hotel,we were very sorry about the cat distrubed you,have a good voyage in China and welcome back.

Staff were the best I had on the whole China trip and helped me beyond the call of duty. They arranged a fantastic trip down the Li River to Yangshoe, took me to the best massage place and introduced me to the best street eating place where I returned to try the different foods. Made my time in Guilin great.

Just perfect. Mona was nice:)

• 16th May 2014
  • Albania

Worst hostel I stayed in china. Toilet not clean, bed not confortable and the staff was little dump. At least was cheap. Stayed just for a night and I dont reccomend you stay

Hi ,sorry about you did enjoy your stay in Green Forest Hostel,and thanks for you feedback by the way.We have many clients they really loves our hostel and give us their lovely feedback,we would improve our service to prove the value ,have a good day.

We just loved our stay here. The.staff is the best and the common room.so relaxed.

Hi Liset,we are so greatful for having you in our hotel,and thanks so much for your lovely feedback.We are a great team to make you feel home during your stay,enjoy your voyage.

The hostel had a very friendly atmosphere, the staff there were also very helpful. We will definitely stay there again if we go back to Guilin.

hi SIU,thanks for your great feedback,we are happy to have you in our hotel,and your lovely comment.Welcome back anytime,:)

I have been hosteling for over 40 years and I think that the Green Forest Hostels (also stayed in Yangzhou) are the BEST! I went back to Guilin G.F.H. after visiting the rice terraces and again after Yangzhou. I wish they were throughout China. Guilin GFH could have better lighting in the bedrooms, especially at the desk but they do have international sockets. Their staff are fantastic and the location is perfect. Top marks!

hello,happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thrught our door. welcome back.

Really nice staff, quite helpful

Hi Franck,how are you?Thanks for your great feedback,have great time in China and welcome back to Guilin Green Forest Hostel

Green Forest is always the best choice no matter which city it is. I hope they gonna open more hostel since they really know how to create a nice atmosphere. We had a very good stay!

Hi Maxi.Thanks for your awsome feedback.Now we do open more hostels,like Xi'an,Chongqing,Guilin,Nanning,Dali these cities have Green Forest Hotel.Have great time in China and welcome back anytime:)

Very nice hostel, with really nice and helpful staff (all of them! thank you, girls!), and a cool common area where they even taught me how to play Mahjong! ;) I came back for another night here after going to Yangshuo. Xie xie, and 'til next time!

Hi ,thanks so much for your feedback,and we are so glad that you have great time in our hostel.And welcome back to our hotel anytime,and play the majiang too.

What I especially enjoyed about this hostel is the helpful fluently English-speaking staff, its proximity to the bus- and train station and their mahjong table in the lobby!

We stayed in the double bed ensuite room. The room was nice, good soft beds but the heater could be better. The hostel had a good communal area and the laundry service was for free! Staff helped out great with writing down our next stop in Chinese so we could buy train- and bustickets ourselves. If staying in Guilin, this is excellent hostel with good value for money!

hi,glade to hear you a had great time at our hostel. every postive review is a great encouragement to our staff here at guilin green forest hostel

Great for an easy night in guilin

hello , thanks for the postive feedback we're here at guilin green forest hostel are very proud of our location location location which is only 10 minutes walk from the train station 5 minutes walk from the bus staion. hope to see you again soon. helen

Not the cheapest place around, the level of cleanliness is very poor, the room had a funny smell, very poor wifi connectivity, not so friendly staff...I'm not going back.

Hi,thank you for your stay in our hotel and very sorry about you did't have a great time here with us.And we would try our best to prove our value.Welcome back any time.