Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

The thing that made my stay memorable at the Green Kiwi hostel is the staff. Very friendly and upbeat, making sure you have everything you need for breakfast or your expedition of the day, especially Andrea. She's so lovely :) Also, the facilities are abundant: plenty of plugs to charge your electronic devices, 4 computers. The breakfast is excellent! With many fruits and also brown bread which I hadn't seen in awhile. Thanks a lot!

Great place to stay. Thanks to you Andrea!

I had a unique experience at this hostel : ) When I came in late at night, I found in front of my room a big cockroach struggling for its life and an army of ants trying to figure out how to finish it off an eat it. Unfortunately, it was very late so I couldn't stay to watch the show for too long, but surprise! The next morning, even though the hostel was open and running, the lovely cleaning staff still left such a spectacle there for everyone to witness. Great place for nature lovers : )

I had booked and arrived at 1:30am. Although there was no staff member to check me in it was no problem as they had left a note on the front door and again a further note and key inside so I could make myself at home and find a bed. There is lots of information on the walls, including the vital wifi password, computer for guests and it is a great base to sightsee from. If I come back I will stay again, or maybe try their other hostel in Bugis area.

The reception girls are very nice and helpfull. A boy working there does City Tours on Fridays for free what was really great because of the Insider tips. The walk to the MRT is about 10min but you can also take the bus. The busstop is just across the Street. Showers and toiletts were very clean!! The roof top garden is awesome. You can sit there AS long as you want and talk to other Backpackers or just relax. All in all you kinda feel linke home :)

I had a fabulous stay here, thanks largely to the wonderful girls at reception! (Although on the downside I found the man there was a bit stiff and unapproachable)....The atmosphere the girls created was warm and welcoming, and they had a wealth of knowledge on seeing Singapore. Cleanliness was top notch, the showers spacious, and the breakfast was also a plus. The general vibe was pretty chilled with a nice rooftop to socialise and a common area with computers and info.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • vecopp2065

Very friendly and helpful staff, very clean so much so I accidentally bleached my trousers at the bottom because the floor has bleach on it and they dragged along! Rooms are cool and clean, showers are amazing, 10 minutes walk to train station and little India, good breakfast included. Would definitely recommend it. Not a part hostel just very chilled out and relaxing, cool rooftop garden :)

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

I had a decent stay at the Green Kiwi. The girls at the reception are very helpful. I was in 6 bed dorm, so I can say nothing about bigger dorms. Lockers are provided which is nice. The rooftop terace is really cool. The rooms have air con which is a big plus. The laundry service was fast and really good. The free breakfast is really good. Moreover, for some days singapore is really a cool city. I can definitely recommend this hostel. Regards, Sebastian

• 29th Oct 2014

Singapore certainly isn't a cheap place to visit but the guys at green kiwi were great in helping and advising on the best(and cheapest) ways of getting around and seeing the sights! Location was ideal, right next to a main bus route and only a short walk from 2 train stations - one takes you to the airport in 25mins which is great on arrival and departure. There are loads of hostels around but this place definitely tops the pile.

Had to leave early next morning, told had 24hr reception however no one to be seen, unable to collect key deposit. Do not promise something that cannot be delivered. Did not appreciate having to access bathroom via reception.

• 28th Oct 2014

Decent hostel, but nothing overly amazing. The staff were really friendly and the place felt nice and relaxed and clean. Bit far from public transport, but close to little India and some ok-ish restaurants

Decent hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Doris really goes out of her way to be nice and helpful. Location is good and there are useful tips on things to do all over the walls.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Really easy to get to the hostel from the airport via MRT which is also very cheap. This place is always clean and tidy with good facilities. Just don't rely on good wifi as it can be a bit slow at times.

Staff were excellent, welcome and friendly the entire time. Roof top is a nice place to sit and relax. Showers and toilets and rooms were extremely clean, room was a little small but bearable. No atmosphere though which was a let down but I guess that depends on the people staying there so not really the hostels fault.

The stay was great. Neat and tidy. Very convenient location with all necessary amenities. The hosts were great, Andrea, Juley and Carole. They guided us well and helped us a lot. thank you for making our stay fantastic!!

• 14th Oct 2014
  • India

Honestly by reading the reviews before, I expected more, but generally okay. Staff was alright but not overly friendly. Way to get there was leading only along constructions

• 3rd Oct 2014

The staff were very friendly, amazing Filipinas who even gave me tour of the hostel. I have always been staying at hostels in Europe, but this by far is the best, cleanliness, who walks around barefoot? It was a just challenge looking for the hostel since the signboard wasnt lighted at night, but other than that, it might be a small hostel, but you get more than what you paid for.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Philippines

The staff, rooftop terrace, and breakfast are very nice! Beds are okay, bathrooms were quite dirty when I was there- super sad because the rest is so nice!

The Hostel was ok, dorm rooms were quite small and cold. The rooftop lounge is a nice place in the evenings though it can be a little noisy as the Hostel is next to a big street. 10 min walk to the next trainstation.

• 26th Sep 2014

Wow, the staff was so amazing and friendly and very helpful, even let me use their phone to make a call! The rooftop looks very nice, I'm sure its amazing when the hostel is full of people. free WiFi and use of computer, free basic breakfast, take as much as you want and no problem with sleeping in, just be careful about tiny ants in your jam... But generally it seemed like a very friendly and good hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5