Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Great atmosphere, nice rooftop garden, knowledgeable staff, very good showers, comfortable beds, and 5 min walk to the closest MRT station. Good price for a hostel in Singapore and easy to meet other backpackers.

nice atmosphere, nice staff! location is not a problem at all, a 10 minute walk to the MRT station is seriously no problem. if that 10 minute walk is unbearable for you, still have a wide option of buses available. air conditioning is good, beds were generally clean.

• 21st Aug 2015
  • South Korea

staff are not local , and give lot of wrong information about the bus . will recommend the staff hire local only and it only can share lot of local experience i forget who i have already ask , but they could't not answer me lot of question

Good position and very helpfull staff! We booked a double room but in reality we had a bunk bad (one bed above the other) in a very little small room with no space for baggage or anything.

It's a pretty good place. Singapore is a big transit point so lots of people passing through, don't expect a really social place. The staff are really helpful and friendly and they'll store your luggage forever if you ask. It's a bit of walk in the head from the nearby MRT stations in the heat, but a new one is opening up nearby soon

When we arrived despite booking one room and 2 people well in advance we found we were separated into separate rooms for the first night and the next morning the staff were not too understanding. However, we enjoyed the rest of the stay the breakfasts were great and the staff very friendly.

Great hostel. Nice and helpful staff. Free breakfast! Only downside is 10 min walk to mrt.

Excellent Hostel with great staff (one of the friendliest staff ever), location (5 min or 15 min walk to a trainstation, 1 min walk to a busstop), great breakfast (not only toast and jam) and an really good rooftop garden.

Lovely staff, very useful for finding out what to do. The hostel itself has computers but not any other recreational activities. Included breakfast was appreciated but basic. Very clean rooms and it felt very safe. Wifi is quick but it wasn't that reliable.

My friend and I loved our stay here! The staff are very talkative and helpful. We could get tickets to the zoo and the aquarium through them. I remember the beds being really comfy. Breakfast is tasty and the ambiance is propitious for fun talks with fellow backpackers. I recommend this place to anyone thinking of spending a few days-weeks in Singapore.

• 10th Aug 2015

Not my favorite hostel but then again nothing dramatically wrong. The staff were super friendly which is always a plus! Breakfast is also nice- good coffee, toast and fruit. There are no lights in the bedroom though? Only individual lights meaning the room is seriously dark which is annoying, especially when trying to pack etc. wifi was also a bit dodgey and the aircon was up way too high it was sooo hot and no remote to change!! But good value for money anyway!

Would stay here again!

Excellent rooftop terrace really makes this place great for meeting people. Fairly good location although not too close to MRT stops. Clean, awesome awesome breakfasts, helpful staff, lockers only in lobby but plenty of space under beds for bags.

I really enjoyed the free brekky in the morning! Had a lovely stay! Thanks. Annie :)

Really good Hostel, clean and nice and hot showers. Good breakfast everyday and the staff is really nice. The lady who serves breakfast even invited us to eat with her in Chinatown. The big rooftop offers a nice social meetup place.

• 27th Jul 2015

Chilled atmosphere, and really nice staff. It was my thired stay in green kiwi and I'll definitly stay there again the next time I'll be in Singapur

good stay

Unfriendly staff , asked 3 times to repair the brojen aircon. Nothing happend, they were even lying to us about it. Felt like 30 degrees in the room. Nice rooftop bar. All in all not worth it 25$.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Better-than-average-college-dorm conditions, which was mostly what I expected. Enjoyed my time there.

• 17th Jul 2015

really good hostel overall! Price is high but to be expected for singapore. Location could be slightly better, but not too bad either. Dorm Bunks are well separated, each with its own light and plug. Extra lockers in the reception. cheap beer at the hostel. Computers you can use. breakfast was basic but good.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6