Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Green Kiwi was a nice haven from the city. They have a lot of options of what to do and the staff are super friendly and will recommend you many things. Beds and bathrooms were clean, breakfast was really nice with fruits. Location is pretty good as well!

A decent hostel. Unfortunately the rooftop area was closed for renovations. I think that would have made for a better and more social atmosphere. Good Parts: Easy to get to. Very comfortable beds which made for a great night sleep. Discounts on tickets to attractions. Bad Parts: The entryway where they have people leave shoes has no ventilation and smells atrocious. The lockers are very tiny. Barely big enough for a laptop and a few valuables. Overall a good place to stay.

Stayed here for 3 nights. Hostel was good but I don't think it should have the reputation it does. Atmosphere was pretty bad, but this may be due to the roof top garden being closed. It would have been good if they could have advertised the fact the roof top garden was closed on the booking site, as this was the main reason we booked here. Price was steep, with or without the roof top garden. Not worth 20S$ each a night for private room. Good breakfast, a lot of ants on breakfast bar!

Was a nice place to stay good breakfast and nice location, the staff was great!!

Excellent hostel. Location is near Little India and very near a subway station. Staff is very friendly, willing to help at all times, and even will remember your name. There is one very enthusiastic worker there always giving tips, advice, and just talking to everyone. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at.

We had a pleasant and nice stay at the Green Kiwi Backpackers Hostel. The staff is very friendly. We will go there again, if we we are in Singapore net time.

• 11th Jan 2015

I stayed 4 or 5 nights at this hostel and I have to say that I was disappointed. I don't understand how this place got elected best hostel in Singapore. Location is not great. The common area is small and not very friendly, no place to chill out, just stools facing the wall. I wanted to spend a lot of time in the hostel to prepare my next trip but I ended up going to other places as I didn't really enjoy staying there. I had a much better hostel in Chinatown 3 years ago.

• 9th Jan 2015

Great atmosphere, staff was super friendly. Common are is a little small but makes for great socializing with other guests. Would deffinetly stay here again.

• 8th Jan 2015

Top Hostel in convenient location coming from airport as its beside Lavender station on the green line. 5 minute walk to sensational cheap food in Little india. Hostel is very good. fast wifi, access to computers, real coffee for breakfast but was disappointed when they ran out of fruit one day. The beds are comfortable but i suggest curtains for the bunkbeds. The staff are great especially Andrea- really helpful and kind. The free maps are a great help too

Clean and central to all spots in the city. Staff is friendly and helpful. Bar included also good for party people.

It's very difficult to meet new people at this hostel. All the chairs face the outside of the building with benches. There are no communal tables or anything of that nature where you can sit and talk to other travelers. Good facilities and good staff, but not a social place.

Really nice hostel. Very social atmosphere which is what I really enjoyed most. The entrance where the shoes are kept needs to be changed. The smell isn't that great. Overall I really liked this hostel.

BYO towel

In Singapore good value, but Singapore its self is not good value. the roof top social area is really the only social area also as the reception / breakfast area is a not really suited to it. Otherwise very quite rooms from the street and good beds.

The showers are a treat. It's rare that you can step on the floor of a hostel bathroom and feel good about it. The room had plenty of light and the beds were sturdy. None of that cheap-metal-frame stuff. The staff was friendly. One of them hid his friendliness behind a hipster-like, sarcastic sense of humor but I'm from San Francisco so I'm used to that. Other hostels were closer to the station but won't have a roof-top hangout spot.

Two ladies at the reception are lovely! They'll give you handy tips on seeing the city, getting around etc. I've even got a public transport card so I could get around the city cheaper and without hassle-thank you! Location's good, 10 min walk from nearest MRT and bus stop is 1 min down the road. Awesome breakfast served with real coffee cafe quality! Try the green spread, it's del! Dorm was okay, sheets could be fresher and it smelt of oil paint. People's luggae was everywhere as no big lock

Green kiwi is fantastic place. All you can want- thay have. Facilities are great- clean rooms, bathrooms, good wifi, terrace, all the information you might need. And the stuff is excellent- A . 2 tips to make it even better - could offer towels and hair dryer for rent ;) Green kiwi made my stay in Singapore.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Latvia

Good place to meet other travellers. Nice morning coffee, fast wifi. Staff is the worst. One of the girls working there gives a lot of rude answers to guests requests, obiously because of missing cultural understanding what western backpackers want. Place could be cleaner. You hardly see the owner around and he does not reply on emails.

Had a great stay and met some really good people. MRT stations are close by as well as great cheap food. If you're staying on the east coast, Green Kiwi is the place to be!

It was ok.. I wouldn't tell my friends to go there and I probably would try another place my self if back in Singapore. The rooms and facilities are ok but it wasn't that easy to meet people (maybe I was just unlucky) and the roof top wasn't that big deal at all. I hated the locker.. They were silly! But one thing was absolutely great: breakfast!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5