Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Definitely a bit cramped with a lot of people in a small place, but good for the money.

Decent hostel.. however.. I found the entryway/hallways to smell strongly of sweaty feet, the bathrooms were in need of serious daily cleaning, lack of individual access to an electrical outlet in bunk (in my case there was none available to charge my phone overnight), WIFI did not work in room, personal lockers were plastic and extreamly small, rooms were quite cramped, and credit cards are not accepted. Staff was super sweet though, and breakfast was fantastic.. Would look elsewhere next time

• 16th Aug 2014

The staff was super friendly and very helpul. They gave us a map and explained all the places of interest and how to get there. Also, they offered cheaper tickets for the main attractions. The rooftop is very comfy and even though the hostel is next to a big road it wasn't noisy in the rooms. The breakfast was amazing! Fresh fruit and toast with different toppings all you can eat. Also, the showers were very good.

Everything you need, 10min walk to MRT everday and 15mins to city center on MRT not ideal but good hostel

Really nice hostel with very helpful and friendly staff. They've thought of a lot of things to cater for the traveller and things like serving the free breakfast until whatever time you want is a nice touch. The rooms are pretty good though the beds could be a little comfier. Wi-fi is excellent throughout the hostel.

The place was good but next time I would rater live closer to the center (boat quai) where the hostels are the same price.

This was the last hostel I stayed in before coming home after 7 months away and it was by far the best. Such helpful staff, really clean. Great showers, comfy beds, lovely breakfast. Loved my stay here!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Keep it up guys !!! You rock !!!

very helpful. everything are good.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

毎日ゴキブリが現れました。

Love this place, friendly atmosphere, awesome staff! Amazing coffee!! Clean and comfy, highly recommended, and will definitely return!

I stayed at Green Kiwi at the end of a month-long SE Asia vacation. The staff was very friendly and willing to give advice on where to visit. I am especially thankful for their help in locating a camera I'd displaced in the hostel due to traveller fatigue and spaciness- they really went out of their way. The area is relatively quiet and convenient to other parts of town and to good food spots.

Overbooked bed but handeled it perfectly with a refund while I slept on a matrass anyway. Staff knows you by name and the best breakfast since 2 months

This hostel is great, the staff are all really friendly and helpful and the breakfast is good too. Going to back to Singapore in a few weeks and will definitely stay here again!

I've had a great stay at the hostel. It was clean, the WiFi was working fine and they had four working computers with internet access plus a possibility for printing - that option served me perfectly. Staff was extremely friendly on the morning shift, but the evening shift a lady and a guy had a rather sloppy attitude. They couldn't match the morning staff at all. Loved the possibility for purchasing soda and beer at reasonable prices at their fridge. Beds was great and aircondition was good.

Lovely place. The breakfast is A . Nice comfy bed and good showers. Five minute walk to train which is good

• 17th Jul 2014

I can only recommend staying at the Green Kiwi if you're stying in Singapore. The staff is really friendly and everybody seems happy to answer all your questions and give tips on what to do. The hostel is located close to the MRT and several busses which makes exploring the city quite easy. Big plus are the rooftop terrace, the great breakfast and the general atmosphere that made it so easy to meet other travellers.

Bit cold in the 2 bed dorm

My only comment is that I really didn't get the "backpacker vibe" considering there were a lot of older travelers staying there (not necessarily a bad thing) and, in my room, on the second night, it seemed like my 8-bed female dorm was almost completely comprised of a full family (include a young girl staying in the same bed as her mother). I realize that Singapore is expensive and hostels are the only viable option for some budgets, but something to think about if you want a younger vibe.

we had a really good stay there. also the check in during the night worked perfect. we would come again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6