Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

No lockers to keep your stuff apart from some small ones in the common area. Location very good for local food hall but a bit of a walk to the mrt station. Nice area on the roof to chill out as the common area is quite small. Pretty sure my flip flops left on the rack at the entrance went for a walk without me one day.

Amazing place, great staff, really clean, good bathrooms and goo location.

• 11th Apr 2014

A good included breakfast and really friendly helpful staff.

Lovely place to stay. I came here alone, was suppose to stay 1 night. Ended up staying 3. The people who works here are really Nice and helpful. Really good breakfast with fresh fruit and toast. Served with butter, jam, chocolate and peanutbutter. The coffee was excellent! Will come back!! :)

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Norway

wi fi connection unstable when I'm entered into the room, the room was dark and they just served lamp for read but it's not really disturb us, the bed little bit dirty :( but i love the breakfast and rooftop also for the crew hostel, they're all really nice, i met some nice friends comin from several around the world ^^

• 7th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

It is not the newest hostel and to be honest the showers and toilets are not very clean and it is a bit busy in the morning, BUT the staff is super nice, the breakfast was really, really good and the roof terrace is cozy and a cool place to chill and tak. We had a dorm room, a closet would have been nice.

The staff at Green Kiwi is outstanding. So helpful, congenial, and lots of smiles.

This is the hostel to stay, nice comply bed, awesome breakfast, very very helpful ppl at green kiwi. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely come back again.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Ankitk
  • India

Two words: water dispenser!

• 5th Apr 2014

I did not stay at the Lavender area Green Kiwi as I had originaly booked. My booking had been cancelled (no fault of the hostel)and the friendly staff there sent me to the Green Kiwi near Arab Street, where i stayed and really enjoyed it! It was in great location and could not ask for better. Kudos to the excellent staff! I only gave security avg as not sure everyone in the hostel actually was staying there, the door to the dorm was often not locked at night, even though everyone gets a key.

Good Hostel with friendly staff and yummy breakfast. Had a nice stay there and would go again when I'm in Singapore again.

I was happy with this hostel but the friendly staff is what really stands out. Definitely worth staying here.

A really lovely place to stay. All the stay were super friendly and so knowledgeable about their city. Beds were super comfy, everything was very clean. Breakfast was delicious :) Only point of improvement: update the signs advertising tours and info as somw of it is outdated and they no longer do etc. But that is a very minor thing. Defo stay here when in Singapore :)

Out of every hostel that I've stayed at, in Northern Europe, on islands in Indonesia, in Malaysia, (other places in) Southeast Asia, and the Americas, I've never been so thoroughly delighted with the people, with a hostel. Amicable smiles greet you as you enter, provided with cool glasses of water to combat the sub-tropical sun. Affability drips from a superb coffee machine. Singapore stalagmites rise from the floor of the vicinity. This is an excellent hostel.

• 21st Mar 2014

Nice staff, clean room, really nice free breakfast. I ll come back if i m going back to Singapore.

• 21st Mar 2014

Almost of stuff are friendly and kind.But $10 deposit for room key didn't return. When I checked out early morning,I cannot find stuffs.Other guests were same situation.They have talked to stuff of hostel about check out time.and hostel said 24hours reception.But nobody was in reception.We waited 30minutes.But never come.We just lose money and time. I sent E-mail to ask about it later.But no answer.

Great location, dorm was clean and with small lockers intended for everyone, near in bus stop and restaurant/ hawker just few minutes walk and use of internet at anytime through wifi at the whole building and nice healthy breakpast with some fruits, thanks guys for staying in kiwi hostel,

I was a little disappointed about this hostel. It's not as green that it want show us. The rooms are not very clean and there is no cupboard ,nothing to put your clothes. The location is not good ,there's not alot of things to do in the area, you have to walk and take the metro to go out. However the personal is very friendly and the terrace is fun ,the atmosphere is good.

Quite a distance from MRT stations, but still quite accessible if you take a bus. Security is not so tight, so keep an eye on your valuables. Another downside is the abscence of a kitchen for guests like most of other hostels. You cant cook your own food or store them in the fridge.breakfast is served from the reception which has a kitchenette off limits to the guests...

Wonderful style and atomsphere, and the garden lounge is nice in the evenings (too hot during the day). Common area is a bit cramped when a lot of people are around, but the staff make up for it; great breakfast, though the dragonfruit(?) is a bit ... odd ... perhas just not my thing. Highly recommend.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6