Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel Reviews

280A Lavender Street, Singapore, Singapore

Great coffee! Nice breakfast (including fruit)

Location is good, 15 minute walk from Lavender metro and another metro station under construction outside of the hostel. Could have more activities on offer to facilitate a more social atmosphere but besides that the place was clean, and good value for money in Singapore.

Nice hostel. The staff is very friendly, the breakfast is good, and the rooftop is very nice. I think it's a bit pricy, since you get a very simple bed. They should at least replace the bedsheets, because they're pretty old and kind of uncomfortable. The showers are really nice, and the hostel is very clean. The location is average, not far away from the Bugis Area, but the metro stop is still a ten minute walk.

Lovely staff, lovely atmosphere i had. I will try to comeback there for sure!!

• 17th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

They don't have anyone at reception (not even security) past a certain find such bad is problematic if there are any issues/ if someone is locked out. Showers were cold.

staff was nice and helpful, the location is relatively far away from the city center, the hostel was not well mantained and pretty dirty. i decided to shorten my stay and move to another hostel. the place is an OK deal if you are looking for a place to stay for 1 night and wish to enjoy little india. i would rather not stay here again :) very sorry!

It was great! They have well air-conditioned rooms, decent wifi, even PC Station free to use, the breakfast was really nice, I loved the showers and the staff was funny and helpful. The only negative point (for which the hostel is not to blame) is that it seemed they were a lot of exchange students staying there at my time being. They either lived there or looking for an appartment during the semester. So there still were some travellers but not as much atmosphere.

Easy access to hostel, staff where lovely and breakfast was great. Cleanliness could be improved throughout and buy new pillows please.

Good hostel, value for money. Staff very friendly in giving directions. Quite Close to metro and buses to town you can decide also not to walk. We discovered nice places in walking back in the evening and felt very safe. Dormitory is ok, no main light for green purposes,there is not much light during the day in the room so ok if you stay out all day not ok if you have to write or to chill a bit in the room. The bathroom is facing outside and at the moment there are workers watching while working

Was located fairly close to the mrt station but surrounding area wasn't very nice. Completely different to the photos on its review it was literally a door in the wall as you walked past no lovely grew exterior! Room was fine although road noise want great as it is right in an intersection. Toilets were horribly dirty to the point people had written clean me in the dirt! Came across one nice member of staff in the whole time we were there. Others seemed disinterested in helping us!

• 5th Jan 2016

It's a walk from the MRT, but manageable (and you can take the bus if you want). Everything was clean. The atmosphere depends largely on the other guests. No initiatives taken by the hostel itself. Good place to stay in Singapore.

The bunkbeds are not that spacious. Other than that, I love everything about Green Kiwi. Their breakfast is one of the best in all of the hostels I stayed at. The shower rooms are fantastic! The rooftop can use a bit of designing and cleaning but still a great place to hangout.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Philippines

Returned after 2 weeks and was welcomed as long not-seen family member. Staff deserves 6 points. Small common room and nice rooftop to get in contact easily. 100% recommended!

Staff were incredibly helpful and cheerful, rooftop chill out area was great and met lots of lovely people. Highly recommended for young travelers and passers through.

• 27th Dec 2015

Fantastic hostel, visited here a couple of years ago and loved it so came back. Exceptionally friendly. Doris is a fantastic hostess and made us feel like family. Highly recommend to anyone visiting Singapore. Will be back 😊

After reading the review I expected a chilled nice hostel. You get what you pay for here I guess. But its not really clean, alot of dust in the beds etc. No lockers in the dorm. It was fine for 2 nights but not for much longer. Staff and breakfast are really nice tho! Showers are really good too!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and wish I could have had another day. The hostel was clean and had a wonderful atmosphere. I loved the seasonal fruit with breakfast and was comfortable with the security for my belongings. If I need a place in Singapore again, I would most definitely stay here again.

• 20th Dec 2015

Staff here are amazing! They make the hostel!

Really lovely hostel with an amazing staff! They had a breakfast included (fruits and toast with different kind of toppings) and really nice hanging our areas. Our room wasnice and tidy. They had really good showers and toilets. The only thing I wished they had was a locker for your backpack. Other than that it was one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

Staff was very friendly. One of the best breakfasts I've had in a hostel (fresh ground coffee). Located between 2 different MRT stations.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5