Guest House Shinagawa-shuku Tokyo Reviews

1-22-16 Kitashinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Positive Excellent showers in the basement with strong water pressure Free coffee offered Negative Beds are matresses on the floor. No space between you and your neighbour you don't know Toilet cabins are very small Rooms are very small Common room is small too and only open, when the reception is open

I really enjoyed my stay...good value & super friendly staff...I definitly will come back next time

At a 2 min walk from Kitashinagawa station or 10-15 min from much larger Shinagawa station. The street & neighbourhood is charming with a large Family Mart (convenience store) right next door and many excellent, cheap eats on the street. There is even an onsen (natural hot springs - public bath) nearby. Staff were excellent - very friendly and helpful. Rooms nice though could be cleaned/vacuumed a bit more thoroughly as there were hairs on the floor/blanket. Building has very old feel to it.

Really lovely place! Wonderful staff who went above and beyond to help us. The Japanese style rooms are beautiful and super comfy. Highly recommended!

I was lost after getting off of Shinagaw station. One of the staff members from Shingawa-shuku was on a bicycle, saw that I was a foreigner and asked my name! I was shocked, and followed him back to the hostel. This is unprecedented service! The place is great, has a lot of great information and books, coffee is good, and Next time I come to Tokyo, I will be staying here. It is also conveniently located next door to Family Mart, a convenience store with lots of food and beer. Do it!

• 30th Jan 2014

I was expecting bunk bed when I booked the 3 bed dorm. But it's 3 comfortable futon in a room! Very friendly staff with excellent location and clean facilities.

The guesthouse really easy to find with the provided instructions. It was close to Shinagawa station to be convenient and the staff there was very friendly with good English skills. The guesthouse in an old building so it might not look super clean but one of the shower was fully renovated recently and really clean(much better than many places I've seen elsewhere)and the room was alright. I also liked the free coffee in the morning and the feeling of not being rushed in the morning to check out

The hostel and staff are really great and friendly. The only complain is that the wifi signal isn't very strong and that you can hear it when people are moving outside the corridor. Other than that it is a great place to stay in and I will definitely go back again, thank you! :)

The hostel is conveniently located 15 mins walk from shinagawa station where there are many train lines and there is another station just in front of the hostel if you're lazy to walk. The staff are really great and friendly, and there is a lot of food restaurants, and a supermarket around the hostel so you don't have to worry about being hungry. Will definitely come back again! Thank you! :)